PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU how the limit breaks work?

syouz
Jul 1, 2009, 06:53 AM
can anyone tell me how the limit breaks work? (the techniq ones) :-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

OmegaTomHanks
Jul 1, 2009, 01:44 PM
limit breaks..Breaks Limits.:D

vfloresjr24
Jul 1, 2009, 01:45 PM
For a second I though I was on the FF7 forum boards............ =P

SearingSorrow
Jul 1, 2009, 01:47 PM
Well they're only on the JP servers for now but

Foie / Diga - Can hit multiple targets
Barta, Zonde, Megid - Increased damage.

ashley50
Jul 1, 2009, 05:11 PM
think of Final fantasy Limit Breaks

DarkEliteRico
Jul 1, 2009, 05:53 PM
enough with all the smileys they fucked up the page display RAWR

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 1, 2009, 06:53 PM
They make techs do 10% more damage:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 1, 2009, 07:50 PM
Uhh I think...wait...they're is limit breaks in this game? When did this happen? Did PSU just go Final Fantasy on me?

Magus_84
Jul 1, 2009, 08:35 PM
They've been in since the supplemental update was announced. People just freak out at the name and end up missing the stuff that's already been posted about them. >_>

Limit Break Foie 1 10 1 Masterforce only; adds one extra target to Foie.
Limit Break Barta 1 10 1 Masterforce only; increases Barta's damage by 10%.
Limit Break Zonde 1 10 1 Masterforce only; increases Zonde's damage by 10%.
Limit Break Diga 1 10 1 Masterforce only; adds one extra target to Diga.
Limit Break Megid 1 10 1 Masterforce only; increases Megid's damage by 10%.

The extra target on Foie/Diga can hit multiple hitboxes on the same enemy, up to four on certain ones (mainly with Diga, as it's HUEG).

The 10% damage is a damage increase, not an elemental % increase.

Taken from PSUpedia's Guardians Advanced system page:

http://psupedia.info/GAS

Ceresa
Jul 1, 2009, 09:06 PM
Foie/Diga are target+2, lockon restriction removed.

RemiusTA
Jul 2, 2009, 10:30 AM
They make techs do 10% more damage:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?
:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

RemiusTA
Jul 2, 2009, 10:35 AM
Foie/Diga are target+2, lockon restriction removed.

lockon removed?

Magus_84
Jul 2, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, means they can hit multiple targets on the same enemy.

The way I understand it...

Supplemental update, at base, gave Diga/Foie the ability to hit multiple targets, only on different enemies, if they're close together. JP seems to refer to that as "increasing their target count". Diga seems to have a higher maximum target limit, but I don't think it's possible to position enemies so you can hit more than two at a time with one Diga, even though the target limit doesn't stop it from doing so.

So then, Limit Break's "lockon restriction removed" seems to make it so the "multiple targets" can be on the same enemy. Then add 2 more targets to the maximum count, and you get stuff like hitting De Ragnus four times with the same Diga if you aim towards the center of his body mass.

Meaning Masterforce just got a viable multi-hitbox-enemy option. "Just" meaning "months ago when the supplemental came out". >_>

Remember that you do have to get the Limit Break to be able to hit multiple parts of the same enemy though.

Ceresa
Jul 2, 2009, 11:35 AM
Silly way of saying you can hit multiple targets on the same thing.

41 Foie/Diga = 2 hits, has to be different enemies
With Limit Break = 4 hits, can be one enemy or 4, or any combination you can fit into the animation.

Diga seems to have a higher maximum target limit, but I don't think it's possible to position enemies so you can hit more than two at a time with one Diga, even though the target limit doesn't stop it from doing so.

It's pretty easy actually for Diga, especially once you get attack range up. Simplest way to explain an example is the boxes after mother brain I guess, you can break two in front and two behind, so that's your general range for doing it. Gi-techs are better in most situations though since a 4 count of enemies is rare...

RemiusTA
Jul 2, 2009, 03:10 PM
If they add Limit Breaks to Ra- technics, and they gain more hitbox targets (multiple enemy hits), then Masterforce is about to be baller