PDA

View Full Version : PC Access disabled, but sub is active?

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 05:32 PM
Alright, I know I'm not going to get an official response from Sega here, BUT has anyone else ever had this happen? I don't hack / cheat / scam / do anything bad, and when I logged in to check to see if maybe my sub had not gone through this month, it shows as active and still has probably a good two weeks before even being billed again. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh yeah, it's error 056-1, in case anyone's wondering. Thanks.

Mikura
Jul 1, 2009, 05:43 PM
Dunno, but I hope the servers aren't screwed up again. D: I'm about to log on now to see whether or not it's just you.

Edit: Got on fine, so it must be on your end of the stick after all. Sorry, I wish I could answer your question. And no, I've never had your problem before either. Maybe a mistake on Sega's behalf? Or some asshole reported you for no good reason? lol

Golto
Jul 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
I would send in a support ticket on the official site.

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 06:19 PM
Alright, thanks for trying. I submitted a ticket, so maybe they can let me know what's going on before these rewards start - I'd hate to lose out on it because as you put it, "some asshole reported me for no good reason." Oh well, guess it's time to go play some portable until this mess gets straightened out, which I hope will be within the next 24 hours or so.

Man, if only people would just say, "Hey, I don't like how you said X about Y person" or something, but even then, I have (almost) no beef with anyone in-game, and the one or two I'm not a fan of, I just don't really associate with them. Oh well.

Thanks, Mikura.

Edit: Yeah, after checking the official forums and posting this here and there, I submitted a ticket. Thanks, Golto.

Volcompat321
Jul 1, 2009, 06:19 PM
Get that account fixed Casetes! We got some hunting to do in....2 days!

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm trying, I'm trying! I don't want my only PSU fix to be playing Portable by myself, that would royally suck! (Although I COULD try that PSP Party thing I got from the Japanese PSN Store....)

Edit: I did recently (like, maybe two months ago or so...?) buy a new Logitech G15 keyboard, and I know that causes issues sometimes with Gameguard, but I've never had any "real" login issues before this. Could it be the clock or CPU app running on the screen that maybe read as a hack or something, and it just took them this long to get around to it?

Edit Number Two: I also said in my ticket the last time I logged in, about how long it was, and when I tried today, and if I was hacked into, if it was possible to change my account name and password. Hopefully they can fix it up.

The_Brimada
Jul 1, 2009, 06:38 PM
Its definitely a ban message, but I think 056-1 is a temporary one. Hope your problem gets resolved soon.

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 06:41 PM
Wow. I seriously wonder how not running White Beast is ban-worthy, or looking for an Igg since that last update and not getting one is also ban-worthy (maybe humor will make the wait quicker...?)

Edit: A quick Google search showed that a -1 might really be temporary like you said, Brim.

Mikura
Jul 1, 2009, 06:52 PM
Wow. I seriously wonder how not running White Beast is ban-worthy, or looking for an Igg since that last update and not getting one is also ban-worthy (maybe humor will make the wait quicker...?)

Edit: A quick Google search showed that a -1 might really be temporary like you said, Brim.

Yeah, it's odd. Definitely sounds like you got temp-banned, but that's good news really. If for whatever reason they either can't help or refuse to lift the ban immediately, it should at least be lifted later. But Edward is good about replying to tickets, so hopefully the problem will get resolved soon for you.

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 07:01 PM
Alright, guess I have to take a wait-and-see approach. Maybe they can tell me what exactly I did then that was worthy of such an action (I can think of a few legitimate in-game things that might cause someone to report me falsely, so maybe I can be given a chance to defend myself?).

Anyway, thanks for all your guys' help. I'll post back later (or tomorrow) to let you know what happened and whatnot.

Fox2Tails
Jul 1, 2009, 09:41 PM
I don't know, it seems to target the PC itself, I get the same error message [056-1] when I use my Laptop but I can log on fine if I use the account on my PS2

pinkace
Jul 1, 2009, 09:59 PM
They don't ban without reason. If someone just reported you for saying something by voice, then that is harder to prove. if by chat, they check the chat logs and then ban you. Be careful.

Calsetes
Jul 1, 2009, 10:21 PM
I'm on the PC, so nothing by voice. If it was something in the chat log, then if they would have just said "Hey, can you watch it when you talk about [blank] please?" then I'd just shut up about it. With someone else having a similar issue, it leaves me a bit of hope that it's a random glitch. Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a PS2 copy of the expansion to try it on, so I'm stuck until they say I'm clean.

Calsetes
Jul 2, 2009, 02:48 PM
Anyone know how long they usually take to respond? Something I just thought of was if they don't get back to me today, they might not end up getting back to me until Monday, which would REALLY suck (losing out on a whole 3-day weekend with rewards). Even if they would just say "Ok, we got it, we're looking into it, it'll take us X number of days, at most you have until Y date until you're unbanned," that'd make me happy.

The_Brimada
Jul 2, 2009, 02:58 PM
This does have horrible timing, but like I said before hopefully things will be set straight soon. :)

Fox2Tails
Jul 2, 2009, 03:32 PM
It cant be a ban as I can still get on via PS2

The_Brimada
Jul 2, 2009, 03:51 PM
Idk, maybe its some sort of IP ban or something. Its weird you can get on PS2, but not PC though. So that kinda throws the IP ban thing out of the window as well I would think.

Calsetes
Jul 2, 2009, 05:03 PM
Ok, so maybe it was a glitch...?

All I know is, I got home just now and tried it again.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY I can play again.

This, coupled with seeing Transformers 2 in Imax tomorrow, make me one EXTREMELY happy guy.

Thanks, guys.

The_Brimada
Jul 2, 2009, 05:24 PM
Glad the problem seems to have resolved :o

Fox2Tails
Jul 2, 2009, 06:16 PM
Not for me

Glad my laptop doesn't play PSU that good anyway [built-in GC ftl] and that I have my PS2

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 2, 2009, 10:48 PM
Its been weird for me as well. I mean I can still play but it kinda...disconnects after a while. Oh well we will see how things are tomorrow.