PDA

View Full Version : It's a pain-

Volcompat321
Jul 2, 2009, 02:05 PM
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
It's a pain.
I started over cause I forgot to backup my Freedom 2 save, then formatted my memory stick.
Silly me.
Anyway, for those that play this game, it's fun as hell. Already got like 25 hours on it.
It sucked starting over again after over 500 hours on Freedom 2, but it's worth it.

Your thoughts FKL?

Calsetes
Jul 2, 2009, 02:24 PM
I.... was pretty disappointed that it's a "Monster Hunter 2 Plus," as I thought it was going to be a brand-spanking-new game. Aside form that, the only thing I noticed new about it from playing around with it a bit is the option to have your cat-people follow you into battle. Which is kinda cool, I guess, but still kind of "eh" for me.

I've been killing more time with this game my friend let me borrow, which is set up like the old Streets of Rage style brawlers. Forget the name though, but it's Japanese and has a LOT of women in it.

Volcompat321
Jul 2, 2009, 02:31 PM
I.... was pretty disappointed that it's a "Monster Hunter 2 Plus," as I thought it was going to be a brand-spanking-new game. Aside form that, the only thing I noticed new about it from playing around with it a bit is the option to have your cat-people follow you into battle. Which is kinda cool, I guess, but still kind of "eh" for me.

I've been killing more time with this game my friend let me borrow, which is set up like the old Streets of Rage style brawlers. Forget the name though, but it's Japanese and has a LOT of women in it.

All it is, is Monster Hunter Freedom 2G which is the Japanese version of Unite.
I love ALL the MH games so far. Played the PS2-PSP ones. Cant wait for the Wii one!!
I played Streets of Rage way back when it was on Sega lol.
It's in English for Sega though lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 2, 2009, 02:40 PM
IT'S

THE

PAIN

KILLA

Larian
Jul 2, 2009, 02:59 PM
It looks kinda dynasty warriors/psuish...Doubt I can get myself into another game at the moment though...

Volcompat321
Jul 2, 2009, 03:02 PM
It's not like that game at all :o
MH is it's on unique game.
There is no other game with it's battle style and upgrade system.....

Outrider
Jul 6, 2009, 11:14 AM
It's basically PSO, but with dinosaurs.

http://www.myjurassicpark.com/mr.dna-filmcell.jpg

Vanzazikon
Jul 6, 2009, 05:32 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Zarode
Jul 6, 2009, 06:23 PM
People who compare MH to other games are like me.

Monster Hunter compares itself to no one. 8)

cut above the rest

Outrider
Jul 7, 2009, 09:42 AM
What I'm trying to say is that Monster Hunter is actually the prequel to Jurassic Park.

But it's the sequel to Jurassic Park III.

It's a very convoluted timeline.

Volcompat321
Jul 7, 2009, 10:02 AM
2222 posts...just thought I'd throw that in there.
Monster Hunter is actually the sequel to these guys-
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/dinosaurs-tv-show.jpg
But is also a prequel to Jurassic Park by about 6 billion years.

Vanzazikon
Jul 7, 2009, 07:58 PM
Thrilling dinosaur fights.