PDA

View Full Version : Fighmaster or Gunmaster

Nano535
Jul 2, 2009, 04:41 PM
I have a lvl 35 cast and i was trying to decide on Gunmaster or Fighmaster. Can you please tell me what you think and give your reasons.

Thank You

Volcompat321
Jul 2, 2009, 04:47 PM
Do you have either bullets or melee pa's already somewhat leveled?
If you have both, try both classes.
Personally I like GM a lot more. The weps are easy to buy for, since you don't have to worry about element % (other than bullet level %)
FM you have to worry about element% (unless you go for neutral..)
FM can get very expensive.
GM can too, but not as expensive.
I prefer GM over FM (with both melee and bullet PA's leveled high)
because it's a lot more fun to me.

I really suggest trying for the one you have PA's for.
Eventually, try em both. It may take some time for you to level it, but hey, it can only make you a better player.
Good luck to ya.
Which server are you on pc/ps2 or 360?
If your on pc/ps2 pm me and we can meet up, I'll help you level sometime.

deadlywhisper85
Jul 2, 2009, 04:50 PM
Gunmaster. Guns.

Calsetes
Jul 2, 2009, 04:58 PM
Make one of each (if you have the time to work on both characters).

If not, or if you want to just only work on one character, then I'd say go with Gunmaster first, as you can pick up quite a few GM weapons for cheap, and as others said, it's more about the actual bullets that determine a huge portion of the damage (although weapons are still important, also). After you build yourself up a bit and get some extra scratch under your belt, you can try out Fighmaster then. They tend to be more costly to have, especially since (last I checked on the PC servers) a Cati / Skill Save is worth a good bit more than a Cati / Bullet Save, not to mention you have to buy 6 weapons just to have one of every element, whereas a Gunmaster can theoretically have one weapon, 6 bullet PAs, and a stack of chargers to be prepared for any kind of enemy.

cheapgunner
Jul 2, 2009, 05:07 PM
Gunmaster. Cheaper and a lot of fun. Easier to progress into FM than vice versa if u choose to switch.

Tetsaru
Jul 2, 2009, 05:14 PM
Depends on what you like, lol. Do you like using big melee weapons? Go FM. Do you like guns? Go GM. Just be warned that if you're going to go for a master class, you're going to have to do some intensive prerequisite class leveling first. For example:

- To get Fighmaster, you'll first have to get Hunter to Lv10 and Ranger to Lv3 so you can switch to Fortefighter and Fighgunner. Then, you'll have to level those two classes both up to Lv10, and THEN you can switch to FM.

- As for Gunmaster, you'll need Lv10 Ranger and Lv3 Force to switch to Fortegunner and Guntecher. Then, get both of those classes to Lv10, and you can switch to GM.

Seeing as how your character is only Lv35 exp-wise (not job-wise), I highly doubt you've gone through much job-leveling, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong - newer high MP reward missions are coming out all the time. Just be glad you didn't have to S rank Plains Overlord constantly for 12 MP a run like us veterans had to do way back in the day! =P

Also, like Volcompat said, master classes require REALLY good gear - S ranks only, save for your armor's units. This in turn will most likely require you to save up a LOT of money and/or trade for the things you'll need. FM is much more intensive in this, as they require high % weapons of each element to work effectively (which often involves a lot of weapon synthing with rare materials); GM requires guns with high grinds, although a lot of their guns are hard to find.

Also, keep in mind that while master classes do arguably have better DPS capability, their other stats are significantly lower than their corresponding Forte- classes. I play GM and I often find myself dying from Megid a lot more often due to my lowered stamina.

Finally, master classes like FM and GM have a very limited weapon selection, which may put off some people. After I tried FM, I decided to switch back to FF because I could use a gun and more of the faster weapons I liked, plus I had a lot more HP.

The choices are yours, and yours alooooone! Good luck! /Olmec

Randomness
Jul 2, 2009, 05:18 PM
Depends on what you like, lol. Do you like using big melee weapons? Go FM. Do you like guns? Go GM. Just be warned that if you're going to go for a master class, you're going to have to do some intensive prerequisite class leveling first. For example:

- To get Fighmaster, you'll first have to get Hunter to Lv10 and Ranger to Lv3 so you can switch to Fortefighter and Fighgunner. Then, you'll have to level those two classes both up to Lv10, and THEN you can switch to FM.

- As for Gunmaster, you'll need Lv10 Ranger and Lv3 Force to switch to Fortegunner and Guntecher. Then, get both of those classes to Lv10, and you can switch to GM.

Seeing as how your character is only Lv35 exp-wise (not job-wise), I highly doubt you've gone through much job-leveling, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong - newer high MP reward missions are coming out all the time. Just be glad you didn't have to S rank Plains Overlord constantly for 12 MP a run like us veterans had to do way back in the day! =P

Also, like Volcompat said, master classes require REALLY good gear - S ranks only, save for your armor's units. This in turn will most likely require you to save up a LOT of money and/or trade for the things you'll need. FM is much more intensive in this, as they require high % weapons of each element to work effectively (which often involves a lot of weapon synthing with rare materials); GM requires guns with high grinds, although a lot of their guns are hard to find.

Also, keep in mind that while master classes do arguably have better DPS capability, their other stats are significantly lower than their corresponding Forte- classes. I play GM and I often find myself dying from Megid a lot more often due to my lowered stamina.

Finally, master classes like FM and GM have a very limited weapon selection, which may put off some people. After I tried FM, I decided to switch back to FF because I could use a gun and more of the faster weapons I liked, plus I had a lot more HP.

The choices are yours, and yours alooooone! Good luck! /Olmec

GM doesn't get nades. </3.

This about sums it up. Also worth noting is the 4000 MP/level of master classes, which means you will be very fragile for a while after changing (Doubly so if you can't run S/S2). As such, you REALLY want good PA levels, so things die before they waste you.

Ranmo
Jul 2, 2009, 05:45 PM
CAST can do both effectively with ease. I recomend you just see which you like more. Or take turns leveling both when you get bored or w/e. Both are fun classes IMO

New_One
Jul 2, 2009, 05:57 PM
Protrans... *is shot*

DarkEliteRico
Jul 2, 2009, 06:11 PM
Gunmaster by far, with the knockdown for rifles past 31 stun locking mobs for other players and yourself is the best thing you can do to protect other members of your party. The pure damage for the shotguns combined with the speed = RAPE, leveled laser cannons can deal 1400+ EASILY down a line or group and the mobility of twins doing roughly a grand a pop.

GM's only have to worry about leveling their PA's and getting semi good gear to be decent, FM's need to level their PA's, get the gear with high %'s to be fully effective and well they're fuckin useless with flying bosses

Nano535
Jul 2, 2009, 06:20 PM
Okay, i decide on GM. I have my fire shotgun PA to 40 and my Twin dark to 37.

GUNcrazy12
Jul 2, 2009, 07:29 PM
USE BOTH!!!!! DONT LISTEN TO THESE BIASED PEOPLE!!!
They both pwn as a cast.
That's what i do, i switch between the two when i get bored of one.
This way, you can waste maximum hours on this game! yay for no-lifes!
lol

Ethateral
Jul 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
I use my CAST as my FM/GM. Although I'm gonna have to actually start working on my bullets now, starting tomorrow. XD

Dealbreaker
Jul 2, 2009, 09:12 PM
If you have some Shotgun bullets lvled up go gm... shottys own

Turb0
Jul 2, 2009, 11:06 PM
GM doesn't get nades. </3.

This about sums it up. Also worth noting is the 4000 MP/level of master classes, which means you will be very fragile for a while after changing (Doubly so if you can't run S/S2). As such, you REALLY want good PA levels, so things die before they waste you.

2000/level, isn't it?

that cast named kai
Jul 2, 2009, 11:24 PM
*shrug*

go for arco (heres hoping they give acro a 'master' class) *dodging bullets*

either way do what you want

personally i think either lack the mobility and versatility that other classes have, (still don't get why they are giving speed boost to some of the most 'static' weapons choices, but i suppose they are meant more as 'party only' classes really, since it seems you need back up of some sort to really use them effectively)

oh well ^^;

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 3, 2009, 12:05 AM
*shrug*

go for arco (heres hoping they give acro a 'master' class) *dodging bullets*

either way do what you want

personally i think either lack the mobility and versatility that other classes have, (still don't get why they are giving speed boost to some of the most 'static' weapons choices, but i suppose they are meant more as 'party only' classes really, since it seems you need back up of some sort to really use them effectively)

oh well ^^;

Wait, are you suggesting that the Master types are party-only classes? If so, you better go put on some flame retardant clothing.

that cast named kai
Jul 3, 2009, 10:08 AM
*shrug*

who knows?

ask SEGA for that one

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2009, 10:44 AM
FM is fun but you feel pretty useless when a boss is either flying or mama brain keeps pushing you back. Thats only solo wise though. I say do whatever you like. If you have interest in a class try it out and level one or multiple classes. Yes GM owns but it can get very repetitive but I can say that for everything really. Multiple classes really help you not get bored due to it bringing the variety factor. Which I personally do not mind at all.

TecherRamen
Jul 3, 2009, 12:05 PM
FM is much more difficult to play as than GM.
GM is a snooze fest and might make your finger hurt.