PDA

View Full Version : Event Sega fixed booting?

Syn Jerriel
Jul 3, 2009, 11:37 AM
So sega fixed the booting on this Event. So now when it happens the whole party gets Wiped out and has to restart

is this a good or bad thing?

For me i think its bad.

y?

Because i was running and some went into the boss with out us.

So i booted him.

But it also kicked us out.

So thats why i dont like it

landman
Jul 3, 2009, 11:45 AM
At least he didn't have all the loot!! but neither did you lol I think it's good :P

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2009, 11:47 AM
I think its fantastic. I mean I always generally run with my pals but there is those times where you have to group with randoms and you usually have like a 50% of getting booted when something drops...It is most definately is a good thing. Plus once everyone is aware of the new booting system for the event I am sure people won't do that. Or just make sure you get there fast. I usually do that anyways.

Arika
Jul 3, 2009, 11:53 AM
Dunno about the topic, but talking about fix something. voloyay(variance colors) is no longer limit on trading.

Warlock01
Jul 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
i love it. safe to join anyone now!

Turb0
Jul 3, 2009, 12:08 PM
What exactly did they change? Don't think I've heard about this. Kicking someone ends the mission?

ashley50
Jul 3, 2009, 12:21 PM
I LOVE thsi Idea...now people will think twice before booting anyone at all.

VERY NICE FEATURE!

The_Brimada
Jul 3, 2009, 12:25 PM
Lmfao is all I can say.

IITuleII
Jul 3, 2009, 01:00 PM
Awesome when you join parties, bad when your party is joined. Some dbag could come in and scream in the mic the entire run and you cant boot him. I guess if it got annoying enough you could boot him and just start over or mute the mic. Of course even if you mute the mic they could just be horrible players, or spam text bubbles, kill themselves...

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2009, 01:35 PM
Awesome when you join parties, bad when your party is joined. Some dbag could come in and scream in the mic the entire run and you cant boot him. I guess if it got annoying enough you could boot him and just start over or mute the mic. Of course even if you mute the mic they could just be horrible players, or spam text bubbles, kill themselves...

What if you...Blacklist them...

Ezodagrom
Jul 3, 2009, 01:49 PM
Was doing some runs with a friend...
My friend got disconnected and...trial failed. >_>;

Ranmo
Jul 3, 2009, 01:53 PM
wow that sucks. Hopefully they might change it. Sure its nice with the booting part but if someone gets DCd and leaves...thats horrible. Is that for DC or leaving in general? Havent had a chance to get on. Lol people could join and leave if that was how it is...

PhdChristmas
Jul 3, 2009, 02:00 PM
wow that sucks. Hopefully they might change it. Sure its nice with the booting part but if someone gets DCd and leaves...thats horrible. Is that for DC or leaving in general? Havent had a chance to get on. Lol people could join and leave if that was how it is...

Just before i logged off, a player either left or d/ced from my group. Mission continued to play.

IITuleII
Jul 3, 2009, 04:33 PM
What if you...Blacklist them...

Then the booting wouldn't be fixed..

Dragwind
Jul 3, 2009, 08:01 PM
I'd say it's a step in the right direction for certain missions.

Psychobunni3s
Jul 3, 2009, 08:08 PM
Did they? In my party we booted a hard headed player after we kept telling him "we are collecting all 24 discs" he proceeded to kill and make his way to the boss...The mission continued O.o

PepperCat
Jul 3, 2009, 08:55 PM
This will only cause MORE locked missions though...

SupraMedical68
Jul 6, 2009, 05:45 PM
I kinda missed the old days of PSO when booting wasn't even an opition. So, If they implement this change then I won't have as much reservation about playing in random parties anymore.

That's just my two cents.

Immovable One
Jul 6, 2009, 07:35 PM
Clear ths up for me - so when you boot somebody in the current event mission, the mission ends?

I experienced my very first boss room boot last night, and I was darn pissed because I thought we were getting along fine during the mission (really making the most of every party member's role for once) until the leader decided to boot everybody during the dragon boss.

I thought the message saying the mission ended (instead of saying I've been removed by the party leader) was weird ^^;

ChibiBecca
Jul 6, 2009, 10:18 PM
I've had party members leave the mission due to lagging out, it's never once ended the mission, even if they re-joined and lagged out again several times.

xirem a deeix
Jul 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
(msg i sent sega) I been trying to play missions which take over a half hour and every time someone sees the rare creatures they boot everyone, Don't you think you should just remove booting rights as soon as someone starts the event mission because its not just me who is getting booted, I'm actually talking to the other people now that just got booted with me and they strongly believe me to....

VetroDrago
Jul 6, 2009, 10:50 PM
This will only cause MORE locked missions though...

Yeah and half the parties are locked or full already lol, but honestly the concept is good.

Dark Phoenix5
Jul 6, 2009, 10:54 PM
this is incorrect.I played 5 missions in a row on s2 and the rares kept skipping me(i couldnt even get a damn zonsphere or badge -_-)so i eventually got pissed and booted everyone at the end and the mission never ended.I beat de rol le and alterazgohg and got a massive amount of rares....

So yeah i call bs on this

When the leader quits or disconnects then it ends

Shinko
Jul 6, 2009, 11:00 PM
When the leader leaves or when the boss starts and if everyone in the box area are either dead without scapes or removed then it stop. If two people was at the boss and you remove one of them then it keeps going.

They explain all this in Supervisor's Edict

Alnet
Jul 6, 2009, 11:54 PM
I thought it only ends if the leader changes in the party (including the leader disconnecting) changes. Doesn't it say that the mission gets failed for that reason when it happens?

thunder-ray
Jul 7, 2009, 12:16 AM
wow that sucks. Hopefully they might change it. Sure its nice with the booting part but if someone gets DCd and leaves...thats horrible. Is that for DC or leaving in general? Havent had a chance to get on. Lol people could join and leave if that was how it is...Ive had someone d/c in my party and comeback to the party afterwards. However should the party leader d/c then the trail ends and you have to start over :(/

I kinda missed the old days of PSO when booting wasn't even an opition. So, If they implement this change then I won't have as much reservation about playing in random parties anymore.

That's just my two cents.I dont miss the old days when you couldnt boot people. If a person knows how to use the booting system right then its np. I only use the booting system for people that are rude and talk shit in the party. I dont use the booting system for keeping all the rares to myself, I feel since you helped me get to the end of the mission you should get the rares that you earned :). I understand how you feel about joinning random parties since greedy people tend to take advantage of the booting system to keep the rares to themselves. Then again I havent been booted from a random party for quite sometime now.

sovalou
Jul 7, 2009, 02:04 AM
oh!!!!

im so going to join the missions that have the longest missions times and leave on purpose just so they can't get boss boxes :>

neilp4453
Jul 7, 2009, 02:51 AM
No wonder a pair of booters proceeded to boot me (and some other guy) at the end of the rare mission we got (GT: Dragonball Z and yx ANDREW xy FYI) rather then booting me at the end of the event mission.

It makes complete sense by I have not gotten booted yet.

And here I was making sure I was the leader of random parties.....spending 40-60min to be booted is nothing to be excited about.

All missions need to be like this....or make it even harsher. No booting except for in lobbies....or delay booting after a set amount of time.

The nubs need help all the way through.

xirem a deeix
Jul 7, 2009, 03:33 AM
who cares if you get booted at the boss (ATM) it really sucks when you see the rare creature and then get booted Bottom line its B.S because if we're gonna waste 40-60 mins of our lives on a mission and then get to the end and just get booted it should either end the mission or take off the booting privileges completely like i said up top.. they don't want people to scam and this is scam in my eyes but i think segac seriously messes with people because they do something stupid in every event example being shred the darkness big push last block need i say more? I mean seriously come on segac pull it together ...

sry for exploding its just that i could have found like 10millas today alone as well as other people,

Btw does anyone else lag at almost every event as well or is it just my connection?

neilp4453
Jul 7, 2009, 04:01 AM
Honestly, if Segac really wanted to do something about it...it would be easy to buckle down and actually scare the general population into not booting with long bans..and implement some restrictions with the power a party leader has.

mAsTeR OuTi
Jul 7, 2009, 06:13 AM
hello,
the mission DON'T ends if u boot someone!!!! even if they lagg out the mission DON'T ends!

Only if u change the Leader (Leader DC) the mission will end!

so get ur facts right !^^

so long

x Jeaz Us x
Jul 7, 2009, 06:31 AM
If you don't do runs with noobs then this is a problem anyway!

Smidge204
Jul 7, 2009, 08:26 AM
Because some people here apparently have reading disorders, here's a pretty picture you can use to figure it out.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4109/foryoustupid.gif

This is all explained pretty clearly if you bother with the Edict mission briefing thing.
=Smidge=

sovalou
Jul 7, 2009, 05:28 PM
Because some people here apparently have reading disorders, here's a pretty picture you can use to figure it out.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4109/foryoustupid.gif

This is all explained pretty clearly if you bother with the Edict mission briefing thing.
=Smidge=

A nice flowchart although you might need to expand it a bit. How about dropping the "boss started" if statement and turning it into a "boss module". Then add in a "Rare monster" module, becuase so far depending on the rare monsters that spawn determines whether or not there is still a party to play with. xD

OldCoot
Jul 7, 2009, 05:35 PM

On the 360 a person can mute another gamertag and so you won't see any messages or hear anythign from the muted person. Works great and I had to test that a number of times from mic buzzing to screaming. Once muted they could blow a fuse and I would never know.

Blisting will just make sure the wonderful person can't join your parties again but will not boot during mission. I Blist questionable PLs sometimes just in case they boot and take them off if the run goes well.