PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP! new to pc/ps2 version

Tayst
Jul 4, 2009, 12:08 AM
Hello, i am new to the pc/ps2 version of psu. i have a few questions and hopefully some1 can help :D.

1.) On the 360 controller for pc how can i get the right and left triggers to work?
2.) when i need to toggle quest reward/partnercard sends/new mail (next to health and name) how do i toggle them? or select them?

please and thank you for your help!

The_Pew
Jul 4, 2009, 12:56 AM
I use a PS2 controller. However, the method I configured my controller shouldn't be any different than the way you would.

Once the start up with the Story Mode, Network Mode, and etc. appears, select Options.

In the upper left corner of the Options' window is Game pad Settings. You can either configure it to your liking or learn the default configuration there.

Namine
Jul 4, 2009, 01:27 AM
Google XBCD. I used that to get mine to work.

Ithildin
Jul 6, 2009, 10:57 AM
A friend wrote a guide a while back. The link is here:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/OperationDS/topic/422279/1/#new

You may have to join our forums first to actually view the page. Although I'm not sure.

Neith
Jul 6, 2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah, if you're using a 360 pad for PC PSU, you'll need XBCD (look it up on Google; last time I tried to visit the site,none of the download links worked). Unfortunately, it can be a bit of a pain to set up, especially in Vista.

What XBCD does is allow you to map the triggers as digital buttons (so the game picks them up as either On or Off), rather than the pressure-sensitive analog triggers they actually are.

As for the 2nd question, I use a 360 pad and the way I have it configured is Left Bumper to view mission rewards/accept party invitations etc. However, I don't know if that's what it would be default. PSU does allow you to configure the controls to your liking though, so just play around until you find something suitable.

Calsetes
Jul 6, 2009, 11:38 AM
I have mine set up as the bumpers to do the "Off-hand" and "Strafe" options, and I still hit Z to accept rewards and such. I think clicking the move stick opens the chat log for me. Like Neith said though, play with it until you find a nice setup you like.