PDA

View Full Version : Event PA boost?

DAY.WALKIN
Jul 4, 2009, 08:50 AM
Is it just me or does this PA boost seem non-existent?. x2 means twice as much right?, so how come my rifle bullets only level up 7% (which is the same befor the PA boost) for every photon charge insted of 14% which is x2?....So yeah im a little confused about this PA boost, did sega forget to add it? or is it just like 2% more exp for the PA not x2?.

please share your opinions :-?

New_One
Jul 4, 2009, 09:40 AM
I've heard rumours that the PA boost doesn't work while running the new event mission. I'm really not sure though.

LP_Phoenix
Jul 4, 2009, 09:40 AM
same shots doesnt mean more % now....
u need more hits....if u are very unlucky u got alot 0's and that doesnt count like a hit....

2nd prob: higher level means more time for another level, especially the X1 level like 11 21 31 41...u need alot more time from 40 to 41 then from 37 to 38 for example...

and i think pa boost works, cause my mayalee prism level alot faster now

darkante
Jul 4, 2009, 10:02 AM
You probably get double the points per hit (excluding 0), but I think that % per level can vary as well. Some need more points then other %.

My guess.

ChibiBecca
Jul 4, 2009, 10:15 AM
My PAs are certainly leveling a bit faster then they were before, although i've not been keeping an exact count of the exp before and after. ^^;

DAY.WALKIN
Jul 4, 2009, 11:16 AM
same shots doesnt mean more % now....
u need more hits....if u are very unlucky u got alot 0's and that doesnt count like a hit....

2nd prob: higher level means more time for another level, especially the X1 level like 11 21 31 41...u need alot more time from 40 to 41 then from 37 to 38 for example...

and i think pa boost works, cause my mayalee prism level alot faster now

I hardly ever hit a 0 im gunmaster 1400+ata :-o and all my bullets seem to level at the same speed as before the event. Also even if I do hit 0 i still get 7% every time i use a full rattlesnac 10/10 pp usage i get 7% and have done since i got it :-D so i it might be that its slower for the event mission and x2 for normal missions ill have to check that out...ill post back soon

Dealbreaker
Jul 4, 2009, 11:27 AM
Rifles are still taking forever :(

GUNcrazy12
Jul 4, 2009, 11:30 AM
lol spiral dance 48--50 in 1 protectors run XD
i think its working...

DAY.WALKIN
Jul 4, 2009, 03:21 PM
ok from the looks of things rifle bullets above 21 have no affect with the PA boost... laser cannons have x2, twin pistols dont have x2, all my shottys are at 50 so i dont know about this, all my techer spells have x2 and all fighting skills i tried have x2 (jabroga, spiral dance, gravity break, spinning break, tornado dance, absolute dance, bogga rabado, dus majara, cross hurricain and splendor crush have x2..so im guessing that sega did this to ballence things out between each class...or they dont even know about it :D

Juggernaut#1
Jul 4, 2009, 03:50 PM
rifles need like a 500% boost to go fast =/

Darklighter
Jul 4, 2009, 04:31 PM
Guess this kills my plan to finally level those damn rifle bullets up. How typical.

Smidge204
Jul 4, 2009, 04:35 PM
My Laser PAs seem to be leveling better, but I'm not sure how much of that is the supposed boost and how much is just playing Protectors (which has more enemies). Everything else is maxed out so there's no comparison.

=Smidge=

biggabertha
Jul 4, 2009, 06:17 PM
The boost is definitely there - anyone saying otherwise is a little impatient.

I used to get 3% per Rescuing Hyuga run with Mayalee Prism before the first boost with Lv. 29 -> Lv. 30. I got 8~9% now per run with it going from Lv. 30 -> Lv. 31 and with this boost, I'm getting 17~19% per run with my second Mayalee Prism.

Same with Rifles, Twin Handguns and Shotguns. For everything else... I have no idea but now's the time to level Killer Shot from Lv. 40 to Lv. 50 in Valley of Carnage S2.

unicorn
Jul 4, 2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I've noticed lasers and crossbows leveling a little faster. I dunno about rifles, since they still seem slow to me.... I'll just take advantage of the PA boost nonetheless.

dingo123
Jul 4, 2009, 07:41 PM
i got my rifle bullet from lv 18 to lv 26 in 1:30minutes

DAMASCUS
Jul 4, 2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah, just got a new Mech gun PA from 1 - 21 after playing through just five areas solo.
Those are some of the fastest to level but that was amazing!

sovalou
Jul 4, 2009, 08:09 PM
been hibernating in VOC for most of my bullet leveling as usual and so far i noticed that i average about 11-15% of gained exp from a single buffed vanda. The weapon I am leveling is single handguns which is no different than rifles when it comes to leveling. So far i've gotten 2 handguns to 31 and one to 20 in a single run none afk ( 2 hours a run x_x )

Aries2384
Jul 5, 2009, 02:13 PM
Rifles are still taking forever :(

HA. All of my rifle shots and megid were lvl 21 before the Post-AOTI pa rebalance. Trust me, rifles lvl FAST now and with the PA boost they level retardedly faster. Its technically, 6x faster than how long rifles used to take to lvl up before MAG started. So you people really need to shut your mouths. Aww you actually have to work for something instead of sitting up in the lobbies and begging. Awww, poor new players.

Pfft. yes the PA boost is working you ninnies.

Neith
Jul 5, 2009, 02:30 PM
Considering I just got Dark Shot (Rifle) from Lv19 to Lv22 in ONE run of Valley or Carnage S2, I'd say it's working fine.

Rifles were always slow. For anyone complaining it's taking too long though; just think how long it WOULD have taken before the boost. Now is your best time to level them, regardless of whether you think it's slow.

DAY.WALKIN
Jul 5, 2009, 03:20 PM
HA. All of my rifle shots and megid were lvl 21 before the Post-AOTI pa rebalance. Trust me, rifles lvl FAST now and with the PA boost they level retardedly faster. Its technically, 6x faster than how long rifles used to take to lvl up before MAG started. So you people really need to shut your mouths. Aww you actually have to work for something instead of sitting up in the lobbies and begging. Awww, poor new players.

Your a little full of your self arnt you?. I think its is you who should shut YOUR trap i've been playing PSU for 3 years and I know when i see something different with the game and they level at the same speed as before the summer event...and rifles still level slow i guees your the new player because everybody on PSU will say rifles STILL take forever so just go and sit in a corner and put you head i a trash can somewhere and be quiet :sleep:

Randomness
Jul 5, 2009, 03:55 PM
I wish the PA boost just made everything level like a shottie.

RemiusTA
Jul 5, 2009, 03:57 PM
Ramegid = Lv6 --> Lv22

Time?: approx. 32 minutes. I was not counting, may be more or less.

Gizonde = Lv1 --> Lv19 (i got tired and went to bed :P)

Time?: Most likely the same. more or less.

HELL yes the PA boost is working. In fact, if you're a force, this is a GODSEND for you. You finally have the ability to level those stubborn ones.

Randomness
Jul 5, 2009, 04:18 PM
Hmm... where are you leveling these?

biggabertha
Jul 5, 2009, 06:24 PM
Your a little full of your self arnt you?. I think its is you who should shut YOUR trap i've been playing PSU for 3 years and I know when i see something different with the game and they level at the same speed as before the summer event...and rifles still level slow i guees your the new player because everybody on PSU will say rifles STILL take forever so just go and sit in a corner and put you head i a trash can somewhere and be quiet :sleep:

No, they do not. They level twice as fast now. All PAs do, Bullets level the fastest now.

Rifles aren't the longest or the most tiresome things to level, Twin Handguns, Handguns and Chousei-Sou are because of their poor range and accuracy.

Then again, there are [u]still[/s] people that complain about Crossbows leveling slowly when they actually level at a fast pace. Two hours of Rescuing Hyuga will get any Crossbow PA to Lv. 30 easily. Wait no... one hour now with the PA boost, heh heh.

But oh noes... that's too long for some...

Falke
Jul 5, 2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah, techs are definitely levelling MUCH faster. :D

Volcompat321
Jul 5, 2009, 10:19 PM
Ya' know, I been leveling at White Beast.
No lie. It's a bit easier on S2 than the event on S2.
I solo it using rifles only, 11-21+ bullets 25 minutes.
Although when I get to the bullets that don't have damage effects(lightning, light, ground...) it's gonna slow me down a bit. I'll level them to 31+ then get to the event. I'm not worried about exp or drops.

I've noticed a huge difference in PA exp, specially with rifles.
Day.Walkin, you must be doing something wrong.
In one WB S2 run, I got 6 levels on my fire rifle. It's there.

SabZero
Jul 6, 2009, 08:13 AM

Got a good laugh out of that, thanks :D It is the truth ;)

RemiusTA
Jul 6, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hmm... where are you leveling these?

Same place every techer should level ALL his technics -- Seed Express. (B rank. A rank enemies move around too much and shoot megid at you.)

Seed Express has the absolute best spawns in the game in terms of numbers. Gi, Dam, and Linear technics level like CRAZY there. Ra too.

Powder Keg
Jul 6, 2009, 05:24 PM
Same place every techer should level ALL his technics -- Seed Express. (B rank. A rank enemies move around too much and shoot megid at you.)

Seed Express has the absolute best spawns in the game in terms of numbers. Gi, Dam, and Linear technics level like CRAZY there. Ra too.

I've tried this, and the enemies die entirely too fast to make it even worth it, unless we're talking Megiverse. What's worse, is after block 2 it's pretty much pointless to continue.

Mikura
Jul 6, 2009, 05:29 PM
I've tried this, and the enemies die entirely too fast to make it even worth it, unless we're talking Megiverse. What's worse, is after block 2 it's pretty much pointless to continue.

Abandon after B2 and restart? ;p And even if mobs die fast, constant repeating of the mission should lvl your techs rather quickly.

RemiusTA
Jul 6, 2009, 06:35 PM
Abandon after B2 and restart? ;p And even if mobs die fast, constant repeating of the mission should lvl your techs rather quickly.

Once you get to the metroline section, sometimes before, you can just quit and restart.

I havent gotten to the point where the enemies die too quick, but when i DO, im just going to get a low level Beast/Cast to Wartecher, change my technics to Discs, and level them on that character. In fact, im leveling my technics on a F Newman Wartecher. ANY other combination of race and sex and i'd get it done even faster.

Leveling technics to 31+ on Sleeping Warriors on the PS2/PC servers, i can with confidence say that i believe Seed Express is the best Technic Leveling mission in the game. (Just not past B rank lol.) Sakura Blast is absolutely garbage for leveling technics. The enemies even run AWAY from you there...

Powder Keg
Jul 6, 2009, 07:45 PM
Once you get to the metroline section, sometimes before, you can just quit and restart.

I havent gotten to the point where the enemies die too quick, but when i DO, im just going to get a low level Beast/Cast to Wartecher, change my technics to Discs, and level them on that character. In fact, im leveling my technics on a F Newman Wartecher. ANY other combination of race and sex and i'd get it done even faster.

Leveling technics to 31+ on Sleeping Warriors on the PS2/PC servers, i can with confidence say that i believe Seed Express is the best Technic Leveling mission in the game. (Just not past B rank lol.) Sakura Blast is absolutely garbage for leveling technics. The enemies even run AWAY from you there...

lol, Boomas and Sageetas don't run away. If you end up with an Urbakrada (the beetle that looks like a television stand), just foie the crap out of it and move on. Komazali suck too, but they're all the way at the end. I level Gi, Dam, and the basic techs ridiculously fast here since the enemies have high HP and are bunched together all the time, especially if I get a mostly-booma map. I'm not seeing how that's absolute garbage.

VetroDrago
Jul 6, 2009, 10:42 PM
Sakura Blast is absolutely garbage for leveling technics. The enemies even run AWAY from you there...

Lol, Sakura Blast is garbage? Wow, so untrue.

DAY.WALKIN
Jul 7, 2009, 08:57 AM
i began to hate sakura blast afer a few hundred runs of it....that milla never seemed to want to drop...also sakura blast is where i got all my shottys to 50 ^^

Hanz Gropenfondel
Jul 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
Has anyone actually noticed an increase in their photon art leveling?
Neither my friends nor I have noticed any increase and possibly our PAs are leveling slower.

Dhylec
Jul 8, 2009, 10:57 AM
It's all in your head if ya think they aren't going up fast enough. PA boost is confirm by many.

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
Why do a lot of people think this? I definitely notice a difference.

RemiusTA
Jul 8, 2009, 11:40 AM
Has anyone actually noticed an increase in their photon art leveling?
Neither my friends nor I have noticed any increase and possibly our PAs are leveling slower.

I got all my buffs to lv 30 yesterday. Im thinking of pulling a few more technics to 30 as well. I got 2 Dam spells to Lv21 within like 5 - 6 runs of Seed Express.

You're just overexcited. Technics (and skills) are DEFINITELY leveling faster than normal, and if you think they're leveling slower, you would have NEVER made it in PSU v1, Because right now they're leveling 4x faster technically, 6x if you're leveling bullets.

Smidge204
Jul 8, 2009, 12:29 PM
I got Dark Prism from 43 to 50 in about 8 runs of Protectors, or about 10 hours worth (sometimes I go AFK to let my PP recharge though).

To contrast it took me nearly two weeks to get Frozen Prism from 46 to 50 running Innocent Girl.

Definitely faster to level. It's only a shame that Dark Prism was ideal of Protectors and now I should be using something else since it's maxed.
=Smidge=

unicorn
Jul 8, 2009, 01:44 PM
Crossbows:
Yak Riga 1-21 : Roughly around 2 hours. 11-21 took slightly over an hour. Very nice.
Yak Banga 1-21: Same. Perhaps a couple mins more due to burn.
Yak Yoga 11-21: Slightly over an hour

All xbows elemental past 21 now ^_^. Time for 31!

Bows (had to relevel them because I lost them in character recreation)
11-21 for all: 30 mins each

Lasers:
All lasers to 11: About an hour each.
Grav Prism, Plasma Prism, and Rising Prism to 21 all took 1 hour and a half.

Danny_Dark
Jul 9, 2009, 11:27 AM
It's True, Bullets Level Faster...

tadtwisted
Jul 10, 2009, 12:06 AM
on my cast gunmaster i found rifle bullets level alot better now than before so i do see the boost but when i switched to my human guntecher its just going as slow as before the boost, now i understand she dosent fire as fast as a gunmaster and i do get a few 0's but there is a huge difference from what im seeing compared to my cast.

Zos
Jul 11, 2009, 09:39 PM
The boost is definately evident, it only took an afternoon to level up my buffs from low 30s to 41, although giresta levels ridiculously fast now.