PDA

View Full Version : true nooby question

wxfaustxw
Jul 6, 2009, 10:06 PM
just started playin PSU on the pc, i have both psu and AOTL installed and am playing on network mode but as of yet in my 8 odd hours of playing haven't seen a single other person running about. i've bin loading it up from the PSU icon rather then the AOTL one and wanted to know does the game seperate people playing the original from those playing AOTL?

thanks

red1228
Jul 6, 2009, 11:10 PM
When it comes to Version 1 and Expansion; Everyone plays on the same server. However, V1 players cannot play in AoTI missions nor, "see" any of the new items.
As for your "cant find players". Try going to the 5th floor on the Colony. Also make sure you are in universe 02 (to change universe's, look around the lobbies for a orange floating pyramid object. Click on it and choose universe 02).

Good luck to ya and welcome to PSU :)

TastyTaint
Jul 6, 2009, 11:11 PM
Try checking universe 2, guardian colony lvl 5

GUNcrazy12
Jul 7, 2009, 02:33 AM
Do people on pc not use universe 1 or somethng?
cuz it seems odd that people would go to 2 instead of 1...

red1228
Jul 7, 2009, 02:58 AM
Do people on pc not use universe 1 or somethng?
cuz it seems odd that people would go to 2 instead of 1...

Has to do with the server crashing/hackings WAAAY back in late 2006, early 2007. Some players would hack the game so bad or do such strange things... that the servers would just outright crash. We also would have FULL (yes *****'s) servers back then so the overload of players tended to have an effect on that aswell.

So everyone would just migrate to uni 2 to avoid the hackers or crowds.

wxfaustxw
Jul 7, 2009, 03:19 PM
cheers for the help peeps, muchly appreciated.

wxfaustxw
Jul 7, 2009, 07:25 PM
another quick one, is there any way to move the UI around? i'm playing on a 32" screen and for some reason it dosn't scale the hp bars with the rest of the ui so i find myself being on low life or dying before i've even noticed :s