PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 FIX THE SERVER?????

DownTown
Jul 7, 2009, 01:03 PM
Do we have to wait until Friday for them to fix the server or do I keep playing and deal with LAG and DC's?

NiceOnes
Jul 7, 2009, 01:08 PM
I havn't had any problems... Not sure what you're on about.. Good luck!

darthplagis
Jul 7, 2009, 01:28 PM
well, i have had really bad lag since the event and a little before, its not my connection as a quick speed test.net came up
http://www.speedtest.net/result/512231507.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

i have pretty much given up hope of playing the event because of it.

simply put, ghost monsters and infinite load screens (leading to me just turning off the Xbox) and this is in empty servers as well as full ones.

yeah sega fix problem quick (LOL yeah right) (and i know this is not a sega site, im just whining to the community LOL)

DPShiro
Jul 7, 2009, 01:32 PM
I have been playing pretty much non stop since the event started, and haven't had any problems at all.

gratefulgriz
Jul 7, 2009, 02:06 PM
i havent had any probs with psu except for lag and dc's during mag last year, now I am having lag like so many people and dcs and yeas my connection is good, i hope they fix it

Ranmo
Jul 7, 2009, 02:16 PM
comes and goes for me and my friends, and you know its not your connection when you can take the time to use the xbox guide menu fully while psu lags...

Skorn
Jul 7, 2009, 03:34 PM
i am also having many problems. I am lagging out while doing a multitude of things. I currently can't even sign in. Dc'D while loading first floor. =-(

Randomness
Jul 7, 2009, 05:20 PM
I can't make it 30 minutes without a massive lagspike. Said lagspike has a 80% DC rate.

Goddammit, I want to play this event, but I'm not going to do runs if I'm never going to be able to finish. I can't even SPEEDRUN without it falling apart on me.

Edit:This is PC/PS2 side. Its not limited to 360, you may want to remove that tag.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 7, 2009, 05:23 PM
It shouldn't matter what Universe you play in. I got a good S run goin and I DCed out of it. F**k you Sega. Can't even deal with a small server problem.

garjian
Jul 7, 2009, 05:54 PM
ive been getting lag all over the place... and in fact im runnning innocent girl on uni 18... and stilll getting plenty...

Tubby
Jul 7, 2009, 05:56 PM
Same here, and I'm on the PC/PS2 side....constant d/c and lag, it's kinda sad...

darthplagis
Jul 7, 2009, 05:59 PM
i know where you are coming from Syamemaru!,

but some people are like sheep, they follow blindly with the crowd. i could understand if it was server congestion due to everyone piling in on Leo, but it simply is not down to sega's bandwidth. so unfortunately i cant blame those uni1 campers :)

i do understand that due to online games' limitations that there WILL be server problems, and NO i am not bawwing for compensation like some will probably do. the simple fact is this time i am one of the unlucky ones this time, as similar instances have happened at EVERY event sega has hosted, be it crashes at de ragnus or certain 'story' sections with a 'certain NPC' (lets just call him 'steve' :P).

garjian
Jul 7, 2009, 06:07 PM
or certain 'story' sections with a 'certain NPC' (lets just call him 'steve' :P).

hmmmm?

TheAlphaMale
Jul 7, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have had a couple run ins with lag as well. Mostly during loading screens, my missions haven't d/c'd yet.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 7, 2009, 06:14 PM
Oh well. At least I get a chance to play Subterranean Animism and Yume Nikki. I'm still stuck in the Haunted Forest and keep gettin freakin lost! The BGM doesn't help either. YN is pure nightmare fuel. Even if its fun.

Oh BTW the DC count for me now is:

Error 57: 6

Error 38: 3

YAY!

pinkace
Jul 7, 2009, 06:40 PM
It shouldn't matter what Universe you play in. I got a good S run goin and I DCed out of it. F**k you Sega. Can't even deal with a small server problem.

The majority of people are not having a problem, tell me again how is that Sega's fault?

EDIT:

I'm kinda tired of blaming Sega.

Never mind, I see you came to your senses. Listen, servers don't pick and choose who to lag out and who to give a solid connection to. Either everyone is laggy or everyone is OK. That is how servers work. I managed Citrix servers that host remote sessions for people, thousands at a time. Users call all the time complaining that their session is laggy; unless we get calls from everyone, then 99.99% of the time it is the user's connection of PC that is the issue.

Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction earlier, it just annoys me when people point fingers without knowing the facts.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 7, 2009, 07:08 PM
I've have numerous lag issues. Haven't had the D/C yet. I have a good connection and play with friends all across the country that D/C all the time on this Protectors mission. So I'm pretty sure more than half of the community has had something happen, whether they paid attention or not is another issue. Just because there aren't many complaints doesn't mean everything's okay, just tired of nothing successful being done about it.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 7, 2009, 07:08 PM
Eh, now it doesn't really bother me. If it happens alot I just wait a half hour to an hour before trying again. I'll just go do something else in the mean time. The event just started so there really is no rush.

Powder Keg
Jul 7, 2009, 09:51 PM
Just to clarify on a few things:

1. It's definitely on Sonic Team's part. I've never had dc problems in the history of PSU this badly until now. Everyone's connection doesn't just randomly turn into shit. Multple people with the same problem are not having issues with their connection elsewhere, whether it be X-box Live, browsing the internet, whatever. Could it be the people not experiencing problems have a much stronger connection? Yes. Could they also be full of crap? Maybe. But to blame such a widespread problem on the user's connection is just flat out hilarious.

2. It doesn't matter which universe you're on. I was running on universes 6 and 8 a few nights ago and still lagged out multiple times.

Yunfa
Jul 7, 2009, 10:33 PM
Tell your siblings to stop downloading pr0n, hoh man crepes are delicious.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 7, 2009, 10:51 PM
I like to think of it as starting up a chainsaw. You gotta give a few good "revs" before it starts to work.

Tubby
Jul 7, 2009, 10:53 PM
If it's like a chainsaw, then mine is acting like it tried to cut down a tree, but instead cut down a rain forest, blew up and caused a nuclear explosion. xD

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 7, 2009, 11:15 PM
I need a new chainsaw...I think mines broken.

pinkace
Jul 7, 2009, 11:35 PM
Just to clarify on a few things:

1. It's definitely on Sonic Team's part. I've never had dc problems in the history of PSU this badly until now. Everyone's connection doesn't just randomly turn into shit. Multple people with the same problem are not having issues with their connection elsewhere, whether it be X-box Live, browsing the internet, whatever. Could it be the people not experiencing problems have a much stronger connection? Yes. Could they also be full of crap? Maybe. But to blame such a widespread problem on the user's connection is just flat out hilarious.

2. It doesn't matter which universe you're on. I was running on universes 6 and 8 a few nights ago and still lagged out multiple times.

1a. It is definitely not on Sonic Team's part, the exact reason being that Everyone's connection has not turned into shit. Since clearly only some peoplehave this problem, it cannot be a server issue. That is simply not how it works. PSU is not just any online app, it has certain security and connection requirements. If your connection does not meet does requirements for any reason then you will have issues. Meaning, You may browse the web fine, while something else won't work.

1b. To preemptively answer your next question, "Why is it that on day xx/xx/2009 I was playing fine and now I can't", call your ISP and see if they changed anything. Most IP addresses expire after a set of hours (72, 200, etc,) and maybe when they refreshed yours some policy changed. It is possible that once they refresh it again, you won't have the issue anymore. Configure your router appropriately and avoid this in the future.

that cast named kai
Jul 8, 2009, 12:03 AM
I would guess it is tied to the current event, since that seems to be the main event for lagging and dcing to occur, or at least for me. Although I do know that I do have a pretty 'standard' lower end connection speed. which might attest for the problems since this is one of the 'larger or largest' single event missions in terms of the sheer size and volume of data tied to it.

Which could be the cause of problem for most?

So I am not sure who to blame for it we the players for not shelling out more for high volume connection from our ISP or Sega and Sonic Team for giving us an over sized mission that might have been better to have been streamlined or broken down into two or three smaller runs. (although I am not sure if this occurred as a result of it being brought here or if the 'original' release of the 2nd thanks festa had problems as well. Maybe a few JP sever players could enlighten us on that, if possible? ^^ )

(if it were not for the milla or tiga de ragun dropping I think I would be spending my time rare hunting for other things while boosting my PA's levels)

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
1a. It is definitely not on Sonic Team's part, the exact reason being that Everyone's connection has not turned into shit. Since clearly only some peoplehave this problem, it cannot be a server issue. That is simply not how it works. PSU is not just any online app, it has certain security and connection requirements. If your connection does not meet does requirements for any reason then you will have issues. Meaning, You may browse the web fine, while something else won't work.

1b. To preemptively answer your next question, "Why is it that on day xx/xx/2009 I was playing fine and now I can't", call your ISP and see if they changed anything. Most IP addresses expire after a set of hours (72, 200, etc,) and maybe when they refreshed yours some policy changed. It is possible that once they refresh it again, you won't have the issue anymore. Configure your router appropriately and avoid this in the future.

So, in other words, everyone experiencing lag issues (it's a lot more people than you may think) had something changed with their IP all at the exact same time. Gotcha. :dead:

darthplagis
Jul 8, 2009, 03:49 AM
Tell your siblings to stop downloading pr0n, hoh man crepes are delicious.

what do you mean siblings :P

i must remember that one when the wife finds 'that' folder on my PC.......... it was my brother...... honest........ from his house....... :)

HyperShot-X-
Jul 8, 2009, 06:44 AM
it could be the bandwidth issue tied to the current event but I wonder how fast your connection has to be to not have lag or dc'ing problems, my connection:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/512740891.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

not sure how many ppl got like fiber optics connection these days but I know JP is one of the top broadband speed in the world.

desturel
Jul 8, 2009, 07:30 AM
Listen, servers don't pick and choose who to lag out and who to give a solid connection to. Either everyone is laggy or everyone is OK.

There is something wrong with the routing tables too the servers however. I've been having DC's for the entire event. I thought it was just me so I didn't bother complaining, however yesterday and the day before I was running with a group of other people. We all began to lag at the exact same point in the mission, C-c in this case, and it lasted for the exact same amount of time for all of us. One of us got disconnected. The other three finally caught up.

I'm located in Maryland, one person was from Rhode Island, one from California, and one in Texas. Those a pretty random locations to have very specific lag spikes from at the exact same time on the same game. I asked the others if they had been experiencing lag during the event and they all said yes.

As we played, all of us would experience the exact same spike. Sometimes it would only be two or three of us, but whenever it happened to one person, it would always happen to another person at the exact same time.

The funny thing about it is the voice chat was never affected by this lag. We could talk with each other the entire time it was happening. Normally with network lag, packets aren't being sent so voice chat would also be affected. In this particular case it only happens with game play... until we get disconnected at which point they are no longer in the party and obviously cannot talk with us.

Personally I don't mind about the latency. I don't really need MP or meseta. I leveling a Neuman Male fighmaster since it's his last class to get to 20, but I'm not pressed about how quickly I get it to 20 so the C ranks I normally get from the sessions where I lag out just mean no PA frags (which is actually a good thing IMO); However I can easily see how someone who actually cared about what rank they were getting in the mission could be easily frustrated by the issues that are going on.

Billy Mitchell
Jul 8, 2009, 08:09 AM
Pinkace, please tell us more about how you don't understand network and server issues!

daddyball
Jul 8, 2009, 08:14 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/512807544.png (http://www.speedtest.net) me

Tubby
Jul 8, 2009, 08:21 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/512811633.png (http://www.speedtest.net) me :D

HyperShot-X-
Jul 8, 2009, 08:57 AM
the party leader's bandwidth hosting the game could may be affect the lag for others at the same time, that would explain why those ppl with strong connection get no lag at all in their party while most others with weaker standard connection gets timed out every now and then waiting for the server to process data, not to mention ST designed the current event mission primarily for JP server with comparatively higher bandwidth standard then ours.
To make it worse, their server probably is not smart enough to limit the distribution of its processing power to every user, instead higher bandwidth players get more resources than others all the time.. just like the real world economy, sucks I know.
Hope I'm wrong on this, it'd be better off if it's just another AC blow out that can be fixed. :/

Ryosuke_Kura
Jul 8, 2009, 10:07 AM
I think it's on Sega's part too.

I'm power leveling skills in empty universes and I get disconnected when moving blocks to the next block or when I abandon.

The log-in screen also takes a while to load and I get really long load times when entering missions/moving blocks/abandoning.

What I typed above doesn't happen all the time, but it's happening MUCH more than it should.

Shinko
Jul 8, 2009, 10:36 AM
I think more ppl have a problem with this than some thinks. We only hearing whats some ppl on the forums say.

So it could be a wide problem. I think some just don't say nothing about it and deal with it. Other go on forums and complain about it. Some stop playing because of it. And some it's there fault because of there bad connection. And some send ticket to sega.

I always thought there's been a lag problem more with PSU than other mmos.

Calsetes
Jul 8, 2009, 10:39 AM
All I know is somewhere along the line, between me, Sega, the server, my provider, or something outside of my house has got to be the problem, since before the event I was fine (no lag or anything), and since this started it's been lagging and DCing me pretty much two or three times a day. I'm convinced it's a problem on their end (at least on the PC side), mainly because lots of people on those servers have been having problems also. I know saying "lots of people" and "the PC / PS2 servers" is a bit of an oxymoron, since that only amounts to..... what, like 30 people?

Everything else on my PC works fine - my internet, my programs, my other MMOs I had on there that use Gameguard and other hack-prevention countermeasures and whatnot.

Hanz Gropenfondel
Jul 8, 2009, 10:41 AM
It's most definitely a problem on Sega's part.
On the first day of the "event", I experienced the lag almost immediately ...
I didn't think much of it at first, but after it cleared up it began lagging again just ten minutes later and this time I was disconnected.
Later in the day (many lags and disconnects later) all my buddies came on and while some of us ran together, some of us were playing the market or grinding up weapons; we all started lagging out.
Different servers, different planets, it didn't matter.
Since the start of the "event" we've all been lagged out more than sixty to seventy times.
Seeing as the game has become nigh unplayable due to the lag, I've went back to playing Halo 3 with absolutely no problems at all.
So, obviously it's nothing to do with my connection or any of my friend's.
Though, I've noticed that all my friends across seas haven't expeirienced the same issues.

I don't care about compensation, just fix the gorramn servers, Segac.

pinkace
Jul 8, 2009, 10:57 AM
There is something wrong with the routing tables too the servers however. I've been having DC's for the entire event. I thought it was just me so I didn't bother complaining, however yesterday and the day before I was running with a group of other people. We all began to lag at the exact same point in the mission, C-c in this case, and it lasted for the exact same amount of time for all of us. One of us got disconnected. The other three finally caught up.

so that one person was lagging out the whole team. happens on other live games as well.

So, in other words, everyone experiencing lag issues (it's a lot more people than you may think) had something changed with their IP all at the exact same time. Gotcha. :dead:

It is actually a lot less people than you think. we have what, 10 people total on our forums complaining... out of the 200 or so that visit every day... don't forget this are the people that made careers out of complaining. if the issue was as rampant as you think, we would have three times as many threads about it.

Something else is up. there is still a chance that it is ST's fault, i just doubt it that's all.

Pinkace, please tell us more about how you don't understand network and server issues!

Its my job. I don't bring my work home with me ;)

Calsetes
Jul 8, 2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/512922217.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Yeah, that's my work. Kind of curious as to what my home says, since I didn't think my work connection was that fast...

HyperShot-X-
Jul 8, 2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/512918564.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

My work =(

I'm sure my home will destroy this, though.
Jebus..that's ridiculously slow, u should work at home instead and save your precious time, lol is that dial-up or something srsly?

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hmm...those experiencing problems seem to have a pretty good connection, even better than mine. I'm sure it's still on their end, though.... 8-)

Billy Mitchell
Jul 8, 2009, 11:56 AM
Seriously, it's a Sega problem.

Those who think otherwise are dumb and/or playing troll.

Die in a fire.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 8, 2009, 12:00 PM
So I'm guessing Pinkace is telling us that we shouldn't play with friends that are furthr away than what 1000 miles? I was running solo most of the time and I had lag issues for S rank and higher runs. I never had lag issues as much as this event has causd.
I know for a fact that there are many that have had issues, they just won't bother to complain about it. Most times during an event there are usually around 4 or 5 thousand players on the weekend for the 360. Since it only looked like the usual daily player population of 1-2 thousand players over the holiday weekend I'm pretty sure its an issue derived from ST's end and not the players.

Billy Mitchell
Jul 8, 2009, 12:09 PM
I'll clue you in on something.

Pinkace has no idea what he's talking about.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 8, 2009, 12:29 PM

Indeed, everyone with intelligence has known that the lag has been a feature of our events since sega moved office's.

desturel
Jul 8, 2009, 01:39 PM
so that one person was lagging out the whole team. happens on other live games as well.

This has certainly happened before in other network games, however not as consistently as what is happening currently. This is not just an ISP problem. Also, as should be obvious by now from the number of replies, it is not isolated. The fact that you are trying to ignore a pattern would prove that you are a pretty poor network administrator, or you have never worked as one for a major corporation.

When even 50% of your clients using different ISPs are having issues, there is either something wrong with your servers or the routing service that you are using. It is your responsibility to check into this issue once enough complaints have been received. Contact your providers and check with all major ISPs for known outages with their services. Troubleshoot the spots inbetween.

Since it would be difficult for us (xbox users in particular) to provide a traceroute from our locations to their server, they would need to look into the problem from there end.

And since I love jumping on bandwagons... Work:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/513034008.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Home:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/513036499.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Be aware that the home connection was tested with RDP through a SuSE firewall to a windows 2003 server, so a good amount of bandwidth was being utilized at the time the test. That is no where near the peak bandwidth of my connection.

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 04:42 PM

Hey, at least we are making some progress here.

We've gone from "It's definitely not on Sonic Team's part"

to

"there is still a chance that it is ST's fault"

Baby steps I guess.

Randomness
Jul 8, 2009, 05:19 PM
And since I love jumping on bandwagons... Work:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/513034008.png

NASA? I'd have thought their connection would be better than that.

Home:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/513194100.png

Hmm, my upload score seems a bit wonky.

If the cause isn't SEGA (Reasons it could be SEGA:Changes to server setup, bug in patch), its probably their ISP, as its the one point all our connections go through.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 8, 2009, 06:22 PM
just got done running 3 full party S2 full runs and 1 Innocent Girl solo, just couple seconds of lag here and there nothing major, seems it's getting a lil better today but could be just pure coincidence, accessing storage and synthesizing aren't too bad either if I go easy on them.

Hey, I wasn't aware there was a NASA employee playing PSU on our server :)

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 09:23 PM
lol, I can't even get into a lobby right now before getting 57'd.

Calsetes
Jul 8, 2009, 09:25 PM
Mine always seems to be about the same time. Last ngiht and tonight, it's getting real bad about now.

ShackleZ
Jul 8, 2009, 09:28 PM
i have bad lag all day long while searching for items in player shops and while doing missions.......i didnt plan on paying $10 a month to get massive lag while i play this game

jobber
Jul 8, 2009, 09:28 PM
it's REALLY bad now. It took me 5 minutes to log on then I got d/c'd. I got back on after a long delay then when I tried to go to my room, I got d/c'd again WTF. It's never been this bad. Even during the 1up Cup I was able to stay on longer than 5 minutes!

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 09:31 PM
The Sega forums seem to be going a little slow, too.

Fix an air conditioner, get some dust-off, do something. Shit.

ShackleZ
Jul 8, 2009, 09:33 PM
i really think sega is just to damn lazy to get off there behinds and do some actual work to keep this game from effin up

Calsetes
Jul 8, 2009, 09:34 PM
If only it was like that one episode of Simpsons with the killer Krusty doll...

"Here's your problem, his switch was set to Evil. There you go, all fixed now."

sovalou
Jul 8, 2009, 09:36 PM
took me about 3 mins to leave a party, so yea.

And at first i thought you guys were joking.

WUPAZZ
Jul 8, 2009, 09:44 PM
This lag is horrible now i cant even log in but they do know about it just wont openly acknowledge it...... Originally Posted by Edward@Sega
::embarrassed::

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, Uriko, & thanks for fixing it Momonpso!

Regarding lag: We've been pushing to address this issue since it was reported. No one here is "ignoring" it -- if you're still getting heavy lag, I am sorry, and we're doing what we can

This was a reply to an unrelated topic that turned to lag, so they admit a problem

Ryna
Jul 8, 2009, 09:51 PM
I tried a traceroute earlier this evening when there was no lag.

tracert 198.176.0.1 (That is the IP for one of the PC PSU servers)
8 50 ms 53 ms 54 ms ae-3.ebr2.Denver1.Level3.net [4.69.132.61]
9 54 ms 54 ms 53 ms ae-1-100.ebr1.Denver1.Level3.net [4.69.132.37]
10 91 ms 89 ms 89 ms ae-3.ebr2.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.132.57]
11 * 84 ms 83 ms ae-1-6.bar2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.69.140.153]
12 84 ms 83 ms 84 ms ae-4-4.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.69.133.157]
13 88 ms 85 ms 85 ms IP-NETWORKS.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.71.44.10]
14 84 ms 86 ms 86 ms 204-15-0-150-static.ipnetworksinc.net [204.15.0.150]
15 85 ms 86 ms 86 ms 204.155.64.253
16 90 ms 86 ms 85 ms 198.176.8.194
17 85 ms 85 ms 86 ms 198.176.10.1

The following came from a few minutes ago during the bad lag period:
8 46 ms 51 ms 54 ms ae-3.ebr2.Denver1.Level3.net [4.69.132.61]
9 60 ms 53 ms 54 ms ae-1-100.ebr1.Denver1.Level3.net [4.69.132.37]
10 85 ms 89 ms 90 ms ae-3.ebr2.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.132.57]
11 85 83 ms 85 ms ae-1-6.bar2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.69.140.153]
12 217 ms 212 ms 212 ms ae-4-4.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.69.133.157]
13 218 ms 162 ms 177 ms IP-NETWORKS.car2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.71.44.10]
14 85 ms 86 ms 86 ms 204-15-0-150-static.ipnetworksinc.net [204.15.0.150]
15 86 ms 85 ms 86 ms 204.155.64.253
16 87 ms 85 ms 85 ms 198.176.8.194
17 87 ms 84 ms 85 ms 198.176.10.1

It seems like there was a latency spike in the network during the "laggy" period.

It'd be interesting to see the traceroutes for other people that are being afflicted by this lag problem. Just be sure to run traceroutes during "no lag" and "laggy" periods for comparison.

ShackleZ
Jul 8, 2009, 10:06 PM
i really think that they need to put a lock after a certain number of players get into server 1 like a number lock so it wont be as laggy and more servers will fill up and everyone wont be cluttered into server 1

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 8, 2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/513328157.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Well here is me. I'm not sure if this is good or not. But hey, whatev.

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 10:14 PM
i really think that they need to put a lock after a certain number of players get into server 1 like a number lock so it wont be as laggy and more servers will fill up and everyone wont be cluttered into server 1

This won't fix anything. You can lag out no matter which universe you're on, including your own room.

ShackleZ
Jul 8, 2009, 10:16 PM
this is my speed test as well

http://www.speedtest.net/result/513330245.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

im not saying it will fix it but it will free up more space amongst server 1 and 2 and spread it out more instead of everyone trying to get onto server 1

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 8, 2009, 10:24 PM
Well seeing as I'm done blaming ST for they're crappy servers I've gone and done something NO ONE in his or her right mind would ever...ever...ever ever ever ever do. I blame the ghosts that are in my house. Thats right folks! The dead be effin up my connectionz. Now before everyone here does a triple take and say: "Hey Syamemaru! what kind of crack mountain are you shoving your face into? Because I would like some.". Well my drug-dependent friend I do indeed say this. Seek rehab. But for those of who did not say the last part, I say that I am not shoving my face into any illegal substance and I'm indeed a very superstitious person. But hell, while I'm at it I can say it's the church's fault for not lettin me finish a Protector's Y run. Or maybe its a witch I don't know. But for now all I can say is if your not gettin online take some time out and do something different. Go out for a while. Maybe try to find a suitable partner for marriage. Go treasure hunting. Then come back and see how it works out. Right now I'm playing Killzone 2 and I have to say...nobody can shoot for shit. I'm sorry. I had to say it. NPCs can't shoot worth crap.

JFKdj
Jul 8, 2009, 10:29 PM
one person was from Rhode Island, one from California, and one in Texas.

I'm not from any of these places...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/513337215.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

pinkace
Jul 8, 2009, 10:53 PM
So I'm guessing Pinkace is telling us that we shouldn't play with friends that are furthr away than what 1000 miles? I was running solo most of the time and I had lag issues for S rank and higher runs. I never had lag issues as much as this event has causd.
I know for a fact that there are many that have had issues, they just won't bother to complain about it. Most times during an event there are usually around 4 or 5 thousand players on the weekend for the 360. Since it only looked like the usual daily player population of 1-2 thousand players over the holiday weekend I'm pretty sure its an issue derived from ST's end and not the players.

DownTown
darthplagis
Ranmo
Skorn
Randomness
Syamemaru!
garjian
Tubby
Geonizer/Iceman
Artea
that cast named kai
Ryosuke_Kura
Calsetes
Hanz Gropenfondel
ShackleZ
jobber
sovalou
WUPAZZ

These are the users from this forum only that have reported lag. There are right now 42 people viewing this page (it is almost midnight!). Here is the traffic info for this website:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.pso-world.com/

Let's say that only a fifth of those visits are for the PSU forums (5 PS games). I am sorry but you are still a vast minority. Viewing this board as a microcosm of the general PSU population, it is unlikely that the servers are at fault. I would be more willing to accept that the billing server is the problem.

It is still possible, I have seen stranger things.

p.s.: Your speed has nothing to do with lag. a slow connection will not cause disconnections or slowness, just higher latency, which on games like PSU doesn't matter much. so stop thinking with your speedtest.com results.

You think of a better explanation, then share it newbie.

jobber
Jul 8, 2009, 11:01 PM
just now it took me 4 minutes to get past the Now Loading screen and another 2 just to move to my room

pinkace
Jul 8, 2009, 11:02 PM
are you on 360? lets get a game going see if you lag me out too.

Powder Keg
Jul 8, 2009, 11:03 PM
There's only one explaination that's really needed.

You're completely clueless if you honestly think this has nothing to do with the servers.

HyperShot-X-
Jul 8, 2009, 11:05 PM
traceroute for diagnosing unstable server connection is something that network technician at Sega support should be doing to sort out the problem with their ISP, not us the end users. If the head technician of network admin is out of the office for vac or something let's say, then there's nothing anyone else at Sega can do about it during the absence, that's how a corp works no matter how much customers suffer.

I'll just be waiting for their proper response on my ticket submitted to General Tech Support just like everyone else who did the same I presume.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 8, 2009, 11:16 PM
Yea, I think I've downed enough of this tonight:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2vmybeu.jpg

jobber
Jul 8, 2009, 11:21 PM
are you on 360? lets get a game going see if you lag me out too.

ya know....i was trying to move over to uni 1...then a long wait...then

http://i30.tinypic.com/14v2uj8.jpg

pinkace
Jul 8, 2009, 11:28 PM
There's only one explaination that's really needed.

You're completely clueless if you honestly think this has nothing to do with the servers.

If it did I would not be playing right now flying between uni's along with 1000 other people. If it is the servers then wouldn't the lag be spread around? One day you, one day me? The way I troubleshoot, I start with the common denominator, and the server is not it.

Look guys, I feel as if I am adding to your frustration, I will shut up now. If I couldn't play in the midsts of all these rewards I'd blow a gasket too. Any threads on the official forums about this? Any response from the admins?

ya know....i was trying to move over to uni 1...then a long wait...then

http://i30.tinypic.com/14v2uj8.jpg

I guess that means no... your name sounds familiar, Lucky Pants ring a bell for you?

jobber
Jul 8, 2009, 11:35 PM
I guess that means no... your name sounds familiar, Lucky Pants ring a bell for you?

dunno. Been playing since day 2 so you've probably seen me around being idle. I stopped playing with people due to booting so I usually solo random missions.

Calsetes
Jul 9, 2009, 12:20 AM
All I know for certain is that someone I play with who is also on the east cost with me on the PC servers lags out the same time as me. They're from another state, I'm in PA, but we both lag out together. She wasn't the party leader, nor was I, it was a mutual friend we have (Roardova, on the forums here), and he can attest that we both pretty much had bad lag problems at the same time.

Pink, I'm not doubting you know your networking and server stuff, so please don't take it that way. However, this just seems to be too coincidental to just "happen." We run without lag at about the same times, we both get real bad lagout bouts at about the same times. If it isn't Sega, then there's a serious issue with the internet routing crap and whatnot in the country. Maybe it's another one of those things like what happened.... a few months ago, I think? Where hackers attacked one of the DNS Gateway things or whatever the technical term is for it, modified a page to "look" like Google and reroute users to it while throwing a keylogger or something on their end.

Anyway, I'm no expert. Hell, the internet could be nothign but a bunch of gnomes who draw all these pretty pictures and stuff for me whenever I say, "Show me this page, Com Pew-Tor!" I am fairly convinced SOMETHING is wrong, though. If it were one or two people (like 2 days before the event went up, when I got "banned-but-not-really-banned-as-proven-by-Edward-the-GM"), then I can see it being an update to windows or something. However, when I see the PC "hot server"'s hot spot with a bunch of people not talking, not even doing their usual spam stuff, except for 9 or 10 people talking aout the lag and DCing, then that has to be proof that there's a problem with something somewhere.

My solution is simple - we will launch a twofold attack. The serious-minded and rabblerousing among you will go to Sega's US HQ and complain, picketing them if need be. The more, ah....... mentally unsound of us will attempt to breach this "In-tur Nate" and slaughter each and every one of those magical gnomes until they get off their lazy asses, arouse from their drunken slumbers, and draw us our pretty pictures so we can play the game! Who's with me!?!?

This is why you don't try to be social when you're tired, I think I started off good and just broke off into rambling about 1/4 of the way through...

pinkace
Jul 9, 2009, 12:27 AM
You know i spent like 20 seconds trying to understand what you meant by com pew tor and in tur nate.... which is why you dont try to understand posts from tired guys when you are tired.

good nite c u tomorrow.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 9, 2009, 12:29 AM
If it did I would not be playing right now flying between uni's along with 1000 other people. If it is the servers then wouldn't the lag be spread around? One day you, one day me? The way I troubleshoot, I start with the common denominator, and the server is not it.

Look guys, I feel as if I am adding to your frustration, I will shut up now. If I couldn't play in the midsts of all these rewards I'd blow a gasket too. Any threads on the official forums about this? Any response from the admins?

Edward has acknowleged that there is a problem with lag on the forums (in the sonic event thred)

jobber
Jul 9, 2009, 01:20 AM
the longest I was able to stay on since the event started was 20 minutes on Friday night. I can't even idle anywhere but my room. If I step on Uni one, everyone spams then nothing. 3 minutes later, D/C message. It's not just my internet. I was over my friend's house trying to play last night and I couldn't get to the character select part and my friend has a different ISP.

desturel
Jul 9, 2009, 06:40 AM
I'm not from any of these places...

This was a different time with Redeemer. The first time I was getting lag. You, Raven and Vanessa were still on Sacred.

NASA? I'd have thought their connection would be better than that.

Speed tests are most reliable for dedicated connections. Just imagine how many people are accessing and downloading from my network at any given time. A simple speed test would never be able to give you the full bandwidth of an active system.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 10, 2009, 06:53 PM
I think today's been the worst, due to everyone spamming Happy Birthday Sonic. I got D/Ced twice in one hour and I was in uni 6 running a mission away from uni 1 and 2. I also saw that half of 1 and 2 were missing when I got back on. So somewhere around 1k players felt the same D/C at the same times I did.

Powder Keg
Jul 10, 2009, 07:02 PM
(PC/PS2)

The entire server pretty much lagged out a few seconds ago. It was at 1 1/2 Stars

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/servers.jpg

There were a few completely empty universes as well the first time I checked it.

I'm sure it's still our ISPs fault though, right? Rofl.

And don't ask me how...but I managed to actually stay connected during the ordeal.
Had this on official earlier today.

Oh, and:

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5060760&postcount=33

Sonic's event shouldn't be causing any lag issues by itself - if anything, it should be related to the servers, and to my understanding, would be an issue based solely on:

- Total server load
- Location of the user

So while Sonic's Birthday does mean a lot of people cramming into a single lobby, the determining factor is the total number of people logged in across any universe, which shouldn't be an issue. To get some official word out too, we are looking into this now and will be letting you guys know what's up as soon as we can - this appears to be SEGA wide, and is not specifically a PSU issue.

Thanks!

sovalou
Jul 10, 2009, 08:49 PM
So its SEGA fault after all, go figure <_>

Powder Keg
Jul 10, 2009, 09:29 PM
So its SEGA fault after all, go figure <_>

Hmm! Who would have guessed!? :-?

Delete
Jul 10, 2009, 11:47 PM
Looks like I'm not missing much since I can't play still lol

pinkace
Jul 11, 2009, 01:43 PM
I got my first ever disconnect just now!!! was in a full party in Leo... The Pink was wrong and The Pink admits it.

is anyone online now? Lets get a game going. maybe I'll stay away from Leo.

oh wow, karma has caught up to me... disconnected twice in the last hour!

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 12, 2009, 06:22 PM
I do believe they may have fixed this little endevour. I'm runnin just fine now. Anyone else have any improvements?

HyperShot-X-
Jul 12, 2009, 09:37 PM
As per GM in-game announcement right after the Sonic B-day event was over, they have finally fixed the lag problem for most of us if not all, so we can put this to rest. Let this serve as a reminder that similar incident in future should not ever bring any distrust among ourselves as well as our mistrust on GM's capability.

Powder Keg
Jul 12, 2009, 10:32 PM
Been running problem free since that announcement (before it, actually)

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 13, 2009, 03:34 AM
Got threatend to be removed from the official site for complaining about lag, 6 hours later they say that they a working on a fix for it.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jul 13, 2009, 10:16 AM
Sega likes to be a little socialist with they're forums don't they? They gave me a warning because I self censored my f-word. So now I'll just replace every "naughty" word with a food item. So fudge you Sega! You fruit and salad!

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 13, 2009, 12:11 PM
Sega likes to be a little socialist with they're forums don't they? They gave me a warning because I self censored my f-word. So now I'll just replace every "naughty" word with a food item. So fudge you Sega! You fruit and salad! yeah edward deffinately is a fruit :p

Powder Keg
Jul 13, 2009, 02:05 PM
Sega likes to be a little socialist with they're forums don't they? They gave me a warning because I self censored my f-word. So now I'll just replace every "naughty" word with a food item. So fudge you Sega! You fruit and salad!

Bypassing a censor is generally a rule in every forum pretty much.

pinkace
Jul 13, 2009, 10:11 PM
Got threatend to be removed from the official site for complaining about lag, 6 hours later they say that they a working on a fix for it.

You cant use any kind of profanity on their boards, not even a little.

It is a G-rated board. Not rocket science.

voodlar
Jul 15, 2009, 03:42 PM
I've been unable to play (on pc) since a couple days before the event. Logged on today (July 15) : grabbed coins, took something out of pm and waited 10 seconds for my inventory to reappear , took something else out and boom --- disconnect!

If I miss the entire event due to this crap: another loyal player who enjoys the game thoroughly will have renewed his 6th month liscence for the last time :( Yes, I do enjoy playing all the time even when there is no event.

I hope they fix it soon!

I read somewhere that a GM was telling another poster that Sega was aware of the problem so quit badmouthing and complaining??? Also, I thought I saw that the problem-ticket submitting page was nonfunctional??? Should I bother?

pinkace
Jul 15, 2009, 09:13 PM
they fixed this a few days ago, it's been peachy since. this happened today? as you can see there aren't many threads about it anymore...

neilp4453
Jul 15, 2009, 09:56 PM
things have been running super smooth for me for the past few day

Lucky Dearly
Jul 17, 2009, 03:39 PM
question, anybody here on the japanese server get the same lag and DCs we do?