PDA

View Full Version : Does mission level effect special drop rate?

MIBelementz
Jul 8, 2009, 11:43 PM
I've had a Melan Knuckle board in my pm for the longest time and I refuse to spend 8 mil on a fist, so im hunting bil de melans, but im not sure if mission level effects special drops, for example, will i have more luck getting the special drop in Lonely Laboratory S than the others? Or can I just do A, or even B to save time?

ashley50
Jul 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
im guessing its the case for Rucar Blades, Relic Edges, Svaltus Edge...etc. Which doesn't matter what rank you hunt them. As long as you encounter the enemy

MIBelementz
Jul 9, 2009, 12:35 AM
of course, right when I get a Melan spawn I lag out, DAMN YOU SEGAC!

Volcompat321
Jul 9, 2009, 10:01 AM
I don't think this works with the melan.
Remember if you do PF they dont drop the fist.
Or if they have, I've never been lucky enough.

that cast named kai
Jul 9, 2009, 11:18 AM
it should not effect normal "special" drops,

but with rare missions the drop rate is altered to try give you the 'best' drop from that enemy at that level, although this sorta seems backwards when dealing with rare spawns, depending on what you are looking for

Neith
Jul 9, 2009, 11:26 AM
I don't think this works with the melan.
Remember if you do PF they dont drop the fist.
Or if they have, I've never been lucky enough.

I've had 3 Melan Fists from PF, so that's not the case (admittedly 99% of the time, they drop Gudda Hon boards in S).

To the OP, I believe Melan Fists can drop in any rank.

landman
Jul 9, 2009, 05:28 PM
it should not effect normal "special" drops,

but with rare missions the drop rate is altered to try give you the 'best' drop from that enemy at that level, although this sorta seems backwards when dealing with rare spawns, depending on what you are looking for

Yes, damn 500% drop, I have two Twin Bear boards and not enough materials to do them -.-