PDA

View Full Version : Worth subbing?

Harok
Jul 9, 2009, 10:55 PM
I fixed my Xbox 360 earlier this week after it was giving me overheating issues. So I took a look through my collection of games and found PSU mixed in. I remember playing through the story mode a bit and I was wondering if the game is worth subbing to? I remember playing the demo a while back but I cannot download it because I am not an Xbox Live Gold member.

So I have a few questions if you all would be kind enough to answer them for me.

1.Hows the population? I don't mind a small population, just enough to play with.

2.I only have the original PSU not the expansion AoTI. Is that okay?

3.What's the content like, is it fun? If I do subscribe I'm going to be canceling my FFXI membership for my 360. I am looking for something a little bit more casual, but still with a lot of hours of enjoyment.

4. Can I play if I have an Xbox Live silver membership and not a gold one?

Thanks.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 9, 2009, 10:58 PM
1. One and a half full universes on 360, perhaps more during this event.

2. You'll need the expansion to experience almost all of the new (read: good) content, including this event. It's only 600 (800? i forget) points, no biggie.

3. It's better than the base game, everything is quicker and less of a grind.

4. You only need silver, gold is not needed for PSU at all.

Harok
Jul 9, 2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the fast reply.

Would I be okay if I waited on buying the expansion until I leveled up a bit? I would rather just buy the membership for now. Would I still be able to do at least a fair amount of things, and have a fun time?

Volcompat321
Jul 9, 2009, 11:13 PM
Eh, it will be hard finding a party to do PSU only missions. At least it's hard on the pc/ps2 server.
If I were you, I'd buy the expansion ASAP.
:D
Also, it's easier to play the event to level up, and gain mission points.

Ethateral
Jul 9, 2009, 11:14 PM
It'd be a a lot easier to level up, were you to get the expansion. However, if you want to wait off on buying it, that's fine. There's still many things to do. You just can't do the event or the AOTI missions, sadly. ._. Nor trade from AOTI players.

Harok
Jul 9, 2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll think about getting the expansion right off the bat. I just went and canceled my FFXI subscription, but I'm going to wait to sub to PSU until tomorrow.

Hope to see you all there and thanks for the help. You all responded quite quickly.

Guess I'll try and complete the single player part of it until then. :)

landman
Jul 10, 2009, 01:55 AM
The gameplay is quite different, If you are going to play without the expansion for some time just remember the expansion is more rewarding, most players are playing in the exclusive expansion levels, you can't access expansion players' shops and you will see half the players naked!! (expansion clothes = naked player lol)

There is still a lot to do, but just think 90% v1 missions have very low rewards, it's not a bad thing if you want to experience the most of the game ^^

PhdChristmas
Jul 10, 2009, 04:18 AM
It's a trap! save yourself! run! and dont look back! *SCREAMM!*

Harok
Jul 12, 2009, 12:28 AM
Signed up today for 360 version and bought AoI as well. Played for a couple hours, went through tutorial and what not. Made it to level 6 CAST Ranger so far. Pretty fun, did a few runs on Guardian's colony. Enjoying myself thus far.