PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding class changing?

Eclypse
Jul 12, 2009, 02:04 PM
Two days ago me and a friend hopped on PSU after playing PSO for a long time back in the DC, GC and 360 days.

I've noticed that you can have diferent jobs on PSU if you meet certain level requirements but I can't figure out why it won't allow the switch.

He is a level 10 Hunter trying to switch to a Fortefighter but it says he hasn't met the requirements and I have a level 7 Hunter that changed to a Force, but rather than going to a level 1 Force so I can start working on getting to level 3 to change to a Wartecher, it won't let me.

What are we doing wrong? Any links to guides on changing or information would help.

Xaeris
Jul 12, 2009, 02:08 PM
This may sound like a dumb question, but please humor me. When you say level 10 Hunter, you mean his character level (the number that appears on your name plate) or the actual job level?

Eclypse
Jul 12, 2009, 02:13 PM
I mean character leve, not job level.

I haven't exactly figured out how you level up the jobs.

Xaeris
Jul 12, 2009, 02:16 PM
Okay, there's your problem then. The level requirements given for opening up advanced types refer to type level, not character level. The "exp" for your type level are the Mission Points given at the end of a completed mission. To have a look at how you're coming along, open the menu and pick the tab at the far right. That should be your type sheet.

Eclypse
Jul 12, 2009, 02:21 PM
Ah ok I understand. Thank you very much.

Clunker
Jul 12, 2009, 06:12 PM
Also -
Exp = from Mobs, as in "+230exp". <-- Adds to CHARACTER level.
MP = from completing a Mission (Mission Points). <-- Adds to JOB level.

Eclypse
Jul 13, 2009, 02:18 PM
Awesome many thanks to you all for the information. I ended up getting it all figured out and I need one more level now for my Wartecher :)