PDA

View Full Version : Good place to farm Primitive Moat. Idol?

Mikura
Jul 12, 2009, 06:10 PM
I know some of the Moatoob missions drop it from the normal boxes scattered throughout the mission, but is there any particular mission that has the most boxes that would be a good place to farm the Idols? I'm doing this for the Voloyal Sets btw. Diads and the Carapaces are easy, but the Idols are giving me problems.

Namine
Jul 12, 2009, 06:19 PM
I wish I knew too, though I found the color scheme I wanted for 2mil. A friend of mine wants a color scheme that isn't for sale and Idols priced insanely last I checked.

Tetsaru
Jul 12, 2009, 06:22 PM
What I want to know is, why the hell did Segac remove the synthesis board from the Moatoob shop that allowed you to make these things easily in the first place? =/

Q.U.I.C.K.S.I.L.V.E.R
Jul 12, 2009, 06:25 PM
My advice here is to think back to the very first days of PSU and the first mission that was released..I been with PSU from the start, but I havent the slightest clue as to what the very first moatoob mission was. Anyway, I would try there on a lower rank.

Smidge204
Jul 12, 2009, 06:26 PM
According to ye olde PSUPedia:

Story missions- Valley of Suspicion 1 & 2, Restorations 1

Free missions- Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Tunnel Recapture, Desert Goliath, Rogues' Shortcut

Party missions- Bruce's Dungeon

They're all special drops of those areas, so there's no indication if any one is particularly better... but if you ask me, farming story missions is strictly for masochists.
=Smidge=

Namine
Jul 12, 2009, 06:29 PM
When you have set maps for story missions, it makes finding the items a bit easier. I used to farm Spicia in 2nd story mission, since there was a container or 2 that 50% of time had it.

Mikura
Jul 12, 2009, 06:34 PM
According to ye olde PSUPedia:

Story missions- Valley of Suspicion 1 & 2, Restorations 1

Free missions- Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, Tunnel Recapture, Desert Goliath, Rogues' Shortcut

Party missions- Bruce's Dungeon

They're all special drops of those areas, so there's no indication if any one is particularly better... but if you ask me, farming story missions is strictly for masochists.
=Smidge=

Well, I already knew this. I was just hoping I could narrow my search. And one may be better than the other if it has more boxes. I'm just trying to figure out which one would give me the most shots at it, but I don't feel like running all over Moatoob trying to find out. I was hoping someone else would know that's had experience farming these, but it doesn't look like a lot of people are actively searching for these.

And yeah Tet, I was pissed when I found out I couldn't make them anymore. It'd make life a lot easier. ._. I'd rather just buy the Voloyal, but the two colors I want are the rare ones, and they either aren't on sale, or are stupidly expensive when they -are- on sale.

Neith
Jul 12, 2009, 06:45 PM
Run Desert's End 1. There's a few boxes in the space of a couple of minutes, which can have the Idol.

Also, I've never seen one drop in Galenigare missions; it's always Kugu ones (System Defense, Desert Terror) that drop them for me :lol:

But yeah, my advice would be to run Desert's End 1 (just spam the first block).

Katy
Jul 12, 2009, 06:53 PM
Mine Defense - end box, you can skip most mobs and the last block can be skipped entirely except the last mob of Kod Nads. I used to hunt Jao there when Twin Snowy Claw first came out and was fire only.

Mikura
Jul 12, 2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks Neith and Katy. I'm actually running Mine Defense now and it seems to have a lot of boxes, but I'll try the story mission too and see how that works out. And just to verify, since it's a special drop, difficulty has no bearing on the drop rate, correct?

Update: Desert End's seems to be the winner so far with one Idol found in the first block. And it was on C, so that answered my question. lol

Neith
Jul 12, 2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks Neith and Katy. I'm actually running Mine Defense now and it seems to have a lot of boxes, but I'll try the story mission too and see how that works out. And just to verify, since it's a special drop, difficulty has no bearing on the drop rate, correct?

Update: Desert End's seems to be the winner so far with one Idol found in the first block. And it was on C, so that answered my question. lol

The main reason I suggested Desert's End was because it's very quick and has a lot of boxes for the time you spend there. It's where I found most of my Idols after a friend told me it was the best place. And yeah, I know you found out already, but Idols can drop in any rank since they're a special box drop. Make sure you open the gate at the end of the block (where the 2nd Jarba is), because I find the boxes there tend to have Idols the most.

pinkace
Jul 12, 2009, 08:46 PM
I had no idea this thing was rare. I fed them my mag back when i found a bunch in a row. I still have one, I'll put it up for sale.

Mikura
Jul 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
I had no idea this thing was rare. I fed them my mag back when i found a bunch in a row. I still have one, I'll put it up for sale.

They aren't that rare. I found 5 Idols tonight and it only took me about an hour. All from Desert's End 1, first block. People are just too lazy to farm them, and the rest are using them up getting Voloyals. Which is probably why you don't see that many on the market. I could probably make millions off these things, but they're all going straight toward Voloyal Sets. lol

roardova lengths
Jul 13, 2009, 10:40 AM
I find it on Moatoob first edition missions and Desert's End C... I've gotten 14 since I figured out they are used to get Voloyal Sets... And that was last week wednesday... Still haven't gotten the blue/dark blue combination but I have gotten the blue/red combinatoin which is close enough... Everytime I get a repeat color, I'm selling it for 3.333 million meseta...

ashley50
Jul 13, 2009, 11:09 AM
I found a lot on player shops selling for less than 50k and bought almost all of them.
(this was before the Voloyal Set upgrade)

people didn't see it coming...but I did.

Mikura
Jul 13, 2009, 11:22 AM
I found a lot on player shops selling for less than 50k and bought almost all of them.
(this was before the Voloyal Set upgrade)

people didn't see it coming...but I did.

I love how some of these decorations that used to be worthless are now fetching millions. My, how times change.

The_Brimada
Jul 13, 2009, 12:14 PM
They took too long to come out with it over here. I ended up feeding my idols to my pm long ago because I was running out of storage space XD.