PDA

View Full Version : Question about PSU etiquette

cunninsa
Jul 13, 2009, 07:20 PM
I've seen missions where in the comments section people call wep drops even though it's set on random order. Do they expect you to hand it over if you end up with it or an I missing something? I've intentianally stayed away from groups like this because I think it's BS. What are the thoughts on this?

Noc Codez
Jul 13, 2009, 07:29 PM
Well it is BS. these are just lil greddy kids who take the boot option to the extreme. this has happened to me too i just laughed at the lil Boy and left the party. he begged me for my Mugunburga {B} and then i left the party along with everyone else. Try to stay away from people like this. there just bad news try to start your own party where everything can be fair.

Pro tip:
Stay away from parties like this, the leader of the party is always 13 to 15 years old and are annoying on the headset....

Ezodagrom
Jul 13, 2009, 07:33 PM
When joining a party, if I see that it has a comment saying that someone is calling a certain item, if it's something I also want, I'll join another party or create my own, if it's something I already have or something I don't need, I would have no problems in giving that item to the person that called it.

Noc Codez
Jul 13, 2009, 07:39 PM
I feel the same way but when it's a lil kid demanding/Screaming at you give it to him/her or else i just leave and sell it on purpose. But it the party member ask nicley than i would have No problem giving it to them..

pinkace
Jul 13, 2009, 09:56 PM
I think that saying "hey guys, if you find a Milla, it's mine" is complete bull, no matter if items are in order or random. It is yours if you find it, it is the definition of luck.

Sha Sha
Jul 13, 2009, 10:04 PM
If its something i already have or have no use then i normally give it up to who ever wants it,
if its something i want i stay away

Rust
Jul 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
I don't accept stuff that didn't drop to me when set on random/in order (unless I'm in a situation where I'm with friends, and I've been skipped because my inventory was full), so the opposite works as well: if it drops to me, it's mine. Deal with it.

Powder Keg
Jul 13, 2009, 10:17 PM
Calling items in open games is incredibly stupid.

Aside from the fact that you can't trust random people in the first place to pass you an item, who's going to join your party if you're going to call something like Milla or Mugunburga? They should stick with hunting alone or with friends.

Tyreek
Jul 13, 2009, 10:36 PM
Protip: This etiquitte is effective ONLY when you are around actual friends in a party. In a random party, don't expect stuff like this to go down so easily, unless these people are ACTUALLY fair. If you and your friend trust each other well enough, then I see no reason not to do it.

Halcyote
Jul 13, 2009, 10:57 PM
I don't mind call parties when it's established since the beginning of the mission. While I don't make them because I don't trust others, if I happen to join a party where someone has called something and I get it, I'll gladly hand it over to them. It's not that big of a deal.

gratefulgriz
Jul 13, 2009, 11:36 PM
I agree with Halcyote, if the party is clearly stating that if Diad is found hand it over to player XXX in the description box, I know what to expect. If i get the Diad, because I joined that party, I am supposed to hand it over. Even if it is something ridiculous like Milla, if the description states something like "I get Milla if it drops" then thats it. Read party descriptions first. Its simple, if you dont like dont join. If you do join then etiquette would be to hand over whatever item was stated in the description.

ChibiBecca
Jul 14, 2009, 12:08 AM
I've only called something if it's a rare mission and i'm party leader. if i'm in a party with freinds, i'm more then happy to share drops with others, as i know they'd do the same for me.

Namine
Jul 14, 2009, 12:41 AM
Only way this could truly work is to: have everyone that joins agree to it; & have on 'Give Finder'(but more then likely that would end just as badly).

Sinue_v2
Jul 14, 2009, 01:01 AM
I've made groups like that, however I think it's a little much to expect to get what comes your way while still requesting that you get a particular drop. For me, if there's several items I want, I'll pick one at a time and request it. Everything else, even if it's something I want, goes to the party. If it comes to me, I'll give it up by either dropping it immediately - playing high/low - or if the party is reasonable they'll discuss who gets it. If I do want it, I'll ask if other people mind if I keep it. If they want it, I'll give it up.

I expect those I party with to abide by this when joining my game, but it requires a level of trust involved. I don't trust the random pool of players, so I only use that system with friends. In public games, it's up to the game to decide who gets what.

Phaesphora
Jul 14, 2009, 03:38 AM
I've intentianally stayed away from groups like this because I think it's BS.

I'm with you on this. At least those who do it are 'considerate' enough to give you a warning of sorts. ^^;

I save that sort of practice for friendly (read: locked w/ Give Finder) groups.

darkante
Jul 14, 2009, 07:15 AM
I think itīs just dumb.
Why should any stranger obey rules as ridicolous as that.

Only reason i would join a party like that is if there is no other that is going on.
And even if i get the "mentioned item", i still go by my own rule.
If it something i really want, i keep it.

Sure, you can call me names, but iīm sure i wouldnīt be alone on this.

Letīs say a "Milla" dropped to the "unrequested person".
Letīs see how long it takes for him/her to abandon, lol.

Alnet
Jul 14, 2009, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't join a party where a rare is called, personally, unless it's with friends who I've been playing with for weeks or months. Because even if I don't need that called rare, I'm sure I know someone who would appreciate it. And besides, those are total strangers who might not even give -you- the rare -you- call - this is, after all, the internet, bastion of anonymity. Everyone is a potential enemy. *ominous music*

And if I am hunting with friends, and we have called rares, it's proper etiquette to say something either before or at the very start of the mission for the (one) rare you call. If something drops that you decide that you want afterward, then that just reeks of greed (after having dealt with greedy "friends" in the past, this is the common belief). But of course, anyone is free to give away anything they want to another player - it is theirs to do with whatever they want.

Calsetes
Jul 14, 2009, 10:50 AM
Well, if you guys ever see any of the parties I lead where it says something like, "Hoping for Awesome Board X" or something along those lines ("Cal needs an Igg Crown" was a recent one), I hope people understand that while I'm asking and hoping I get it, if it drops, goes to someone else, and they say "Oh, well I was hoping for one also" that I'm perfectly fine with that. The only thing in that sort of situation that really makes me get royally pissed is when it drops again..... and they get it again..... and they don't offer it to someone else who was looking for it who hasn't gotten one yet. Even then, I'd probably not boot anyone over it, might get mad but keep it to myself, and maybe ask if I could possibly get one since I was looking for it, too. Still, nothing that would make me stop playing with someone over it happening once or twice.

Then again, I guess I'm a nice guy like that. Anyway, long story short, even though I may ask for a drop, unless it's a group of people who are hunting specific things and everyone's cool with "person A gets Item X, B gets Y, and C gets Z," it's just me asking for the first of (or one of) those items. If they get it, that's Lady Luck for ya.

Edit: As far as the Milla thing goes, if I got one that someone wanted, I'd have no problem giving it up for them - under one condition, though (and this is probably the only item I would ever conditionally give up if asked for it). I'd want a Guld in exchange. I know they were sold in shops not too long ago (at least on the PC servers), and they're one of those "limited event run" kind of drop items, so I'd just ask for one in exchange. I have NO problems at all spending forever and a day trying to hunt for Jigos after this event for another Milla, but I'll never have enough money to buy a Guld on my own, and if you ask me, going by prices the last time I checked them (which was unfortunately a while ago), 50 mil for a Milla is not that bad a deal if you have the money for it. I will help them hunt down another Milla until they get one, though, if they don't have either a spare Guld or the money for one.

TheAlphaMale
Jul 14, 2009, 05:00 PM
I probably wouldn't join one, but if I did I make hand it over. Just depends on what the atmosphere of the party is. I'd like it to if someone else wanted it, the person who called it would also help to find another. What goes around comes around sort of thing. Otherwise I think its just being selfish and a poor sport to help others when you relied on others for your gains.

Mikura
Jul 14, 2009, 05:14 PM
As a rule, I don't mind joining teams when someone has an item "claimed" as long as it's something I don't want too. If it drops to me, I won't hesitate to give it to the other person. But if I'm after the same item, I don't even bother joining. I'll either solo or party with friends who I know will give the item to me if it drops to any of them.

Now personally, I think calling dibs on items in a public game is a silly idea to begin with since as a rule, you simply can't trust random players to just give you the rare if it drops to them. But if that's the party leader's choice, so be it. I won't go in their game and bash them for it, but I really don't think it's a wise thing to do when you can play by yourself or with friends and that way, you'll be certain that the rare will be given to you. (Unless your friends...aren't really what you think they are, which can happen too. And I really feel sorry for you if that ever occurs).

cunninsa
Jul 14, 2009, 05:16 PM
To me it seems if you want to call something like that you should lock the party and not play with strangers. Either that or solo. Why even invite random people to join with you unless you can't solo the mission yourself.

Gypsy72
Jul 15, 2009, 09:02 AM
"calling" items is just ridiculous... they should solo the mission if they are so worried about it... this isn't 5th grade for crying out loud! Every person in the mission has a right to keep the items they get, they are fighting right along side everyone else.

If people want to be generous and give away the rares they find to someone who hasn't gotten one of that flavor yet, then that's great, but you can't expect just because you "call" it in the party comments that you should expect anyone to just give it to you.

Calsetes
Jul 15, 2009, 09:34 AM
Here's a prime example of how I did it last night. I locked it until I was done eating dinner so I wouldn't keep party members waiting for my slow-eating ass, then reopened it with this info:

Name: A-Rank Runs
Comment: Doing C-Block, Hoping for a Twin Ruby
Items: Both set to Random

If someone wanted another block, I'd be fine with that. If someone else got the Twin Ruby Bullet, that's fine with me. I'd ask if I could possibly get the next one if another drops, but that's it. Me calling an item is nothing more than me saying "I want that item and I hope I get it." Hopefully nobody reads it as "I DEMAND that item! A curse on you if you get it! Loud noises!"

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 16, 2009, 08:36 AM
Only if I'm playing with friends, sure.