PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PSU

metalshadow04
Jul 15, 2009, 10:20 AM
I was curious if it would be possible for me to use my PS3 to play the PS2 version of PSU. I mean with full online capabilities and everything. And do you have to buy a hunters license if, say I was playing it on PS2?

Thanks

Ezodagrom
Jul 15, 2009, 10:24 AM
Maybe, depends if your PS3 has backwards compatibility with PS2 games or not.

metalshadow04
Jul 15, 2009, 10:29 AM
And this Gaurdian's license is how much?
My PS3 can play PS1 games... not that it helps.

Calsetes
Jul 15, 2009, 10:37 AM
If it can play PS1 games (as in off the original PS1 discs, not the download ones) then you should have the PS2 compatibility also.

Here's a list! CLICK-AH ME! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Models)

Compare when you bought it with what size hard drive and what it came with and all that to see if it'll work. Unless they changed something from Vanilla PSU to the expansion, it should work (as I know first-hand the original DOES work with the old 60 gig PS3's).

Guardian's License is... $9.99 a month, I think? Or you can buy like a 6 month chunk of it at once that won't auto-rebill (meaning you have to sign in, hit "cancel" and then "repurchase" or something). Also, if you let it lapse or cancel, there's a 99% chance you won't lose your characters, no matter how long you don't play. You only need that to play online though, so for offline single-player you don't need anything other than the game.

Edit: Just looked at the list - nevermind on that "PS1 guaranteed" thing, as apparently EVERY system is supposedly PS1 compatible. Double-check your model number to be sure.

Hrith
Jul 15, 2009, 10:57 AM
The Guardian's Licence is roughly ten bucks, the same GL will work whether you play your characters on PC, PS2 or PS3.

NGX
Jul 15, 2009, 11:32 AM
I would recommended just putting the game in to see if it works. lol If it works then obviously you can play it on your PS3. I play PSU on my PS3, I have one of the older 80gb PS3's.

metalshadow04
Jul 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
I don't have the game yet but I was considering buying it. Thanks for everyone's help, all my questions were answered.