PDA

View Full Version : i kinda want to switch to PC???

Skippy
Jul 15, 2009, 07:21 PM
i want to switch, but i have alot of stuff on the xbox version....

restarting from scratch would be a pain,

do u think ppl would trade pc stuff for xbox lol???????

Gibdozer
Jul 15, 2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't played the PC version, but I have the 360 and PS2 versions. Have you played the PC? Since it's compatible with the PS2 version, its probably a rather large step backwards.

Just out of curiosity why the switch?

Halcyote
Jul 15, 2009, 07:42 PM
With this event running, it shouldn't be hard to regain most of your stuff back, including levels.

TheAlphaMale
Jul 15, 2009, 07:43 PM
...Don't go...don't go...

Skippy
Jul 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
idk my stuff is like 9/9 love inferno and 10/10 pakudac >< im switching for fun i guess, idk i think a smaller population would be better..... levels arent the problem

alot more stuff but nt listing lol

ashley50
Jul 15, 2009, 07:59 PM
are you sure about this?

Skippy
Jul 15, 2009, 08:06 PM
yea idk if im for sure doing it, but i want to

Warlock01
Jul 15, 2009, 08:16 PM
i was thinking of doing this myself, but when i realised what i would loose, it turned me off completly.

starting fresh, with a much smaller population is a nice idea. friendly, helpful people.

but what happens when you want to buy something? when you search the shops, and its more expensive? just remember, what you paid for your 10/10 paudac and inferno here, you will pay a lot more over there as there are'nt as many available.

red1228
Jul 15, 2009, 08:17 PM
Why not just get a one month subscription and try it out for the duration of the event?
If you don't like it or you don't feel you've "gotten it all back" by then, just cancel and continue your xbox360 account.

Skippy
Jul 15, 2009, 08:33 PM
is one month free? how much the game?

gratefulgriz
Jul 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
it is not free for a month, there is the usual 9.99 via the Sega Billing page <somebody link> and the game can be found used on Amazon.com for a reasonable price + shipping. I play on my laptop, but only because I like the mobility and do not have an xbox360. It is a smaller player base and prices are typically high. I personally would take Red1228's advice and try it out for a month; if you like it then ****CONGRATULATIONS AND WB!!!***********

Halcyote
Jul 15, 2009, 10:56 PM
https://www.psu-billing.com/

Yunfa
Jul 16, 2009, 12:27 AM
I have a small fortune on the PS2/PC side, but I don't think it'll match your 9/9 Love Inferno at their current market price.

Try the server for 1 month and see if you like it. Unless you want to switch for personal reasons.

ab2502
Jul 16, 2009, 08:55 PM
when i play on my pc there is like 1 star on a good day. so i would stay on xbox because it has like 8 stars full easily.

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 16, 2009, 09:27 PM
We can always use more members on PC/PS2 server! 8)

Montly cost is 10.00 USD per month. You can get a NEW copy for a mere 12 bucks at Amazon or probably cheaper if you can find a copy at your local gamestore.

When I first joined one month after release date, they offerend one month free, but I don't know if they are still offering that. They probably are still and will continue to do so. Just find out at the official websites billpay system through phantasystaruniverse DOT com

InfiniDragon
Jul 17, 2009, 03:49 AM
when i play on my pc there is like 1 star on a good day. so i would stay on xbox because it has like 8 stars full easily.

Then again, a lot of the 360 PSU community is filled with people who don't give a hoot about you and use every trick in the book to get between you and rares (trade scams, booting at the boss, the whole nine yards), a.k.a those same idiots you'll play online in games like Soulcalibur IV or Halo 3 who are just d-bags in general (speaking from experience on SCIV, ugh). Some people have converted because you rarely see all that nonsense on PC/PS2. In fact, a lot of the community (read: PSO World) will go out of their way to help you if someone asks.

Not the only possible reason to switch, but it's one I see happen most often.

Tayst
Jul 17, 2009, 10:17 AM
i switched to PC version and it is so much better than xbox. joining parties and not getting booted or having some1 scream into the mic and start encounters early... and who says u cant just make your own weapons and grind them... makes hunting for them a little more fun... switch imo. switch.

Yunfa
Jul 18, 2009, 02:21 AM
I'll take you up on your offer OP.

If I remember correctly (last time i played was during Lightning Carnival)

- I have 300mill+ of raw meseta
- random 9/9 & 8/8 Protranser 10*+ weapons.
- 6 9/9 Pushans with matching 9/9 Tesbras.

Hit me up at my GT if you're interested in in trading meseta between the 2 servers. I don't ever foresee myself ever playing on the PS2/PC servers. I played during Lightning Carnival to see changes. It was the same, it's just not fun with the small community. You'd have to build "close friends," and greedy players pretending to be friends, borrowing weapons, & most of the time drama ensues.

- I lost a 9/10 Psychowand during the Lightning Carnival when I resubscribed and met up with an old friend of mine. I let him go grind with 3* luck. I've known him for over 2 years, but I guess since we didn't talk for a while he couldn't give a shit if I was run over by a car, and took off the psycho wand obviously telling me it made to 10/10. But shit, Just a game right? A 10/10 Psychowand can't put food on the table in real life now can it? NOPE! Unless, you get your feet wet in the "grey" area of society.

Ryna
Jul 18, 2009, 08:42 AM
As long as you stick to the current hotspot, you should be able to find teams easily on the PC version. If you decide you want to run something like Eastern Peril or any of the Rykros missions, it'll be very difficult to put together a team without cajoling your friends. Reacquiring items like the Love Inferno isn't impossible. You'll probably have better luck trading for them than buying them in player shops though.