PDA

View Full Version : Selling and buying meseta?

TwistedTemptation
Jul 17, 2009, 05:15 AM
Is there a certain policy for that?

ashley50
Jul 17, 2009, 07:42 AM
I believe there's NONE.

Calsetes
Jul 17, 2009, 09:53 AM
The only real policy is "if you buy in-game money and items with real money, you will get banned." At least, I'm 99.99999% certain that's what it is. Play it safe - don't do it anyway.

DPShiro
Jul 17, 2009, 09:54 AM
Policy?
It's against the TOS and against the forum rules aswell.
And will likely get you banned on both if attempting to do so.

SabZero
Jul 17, 2009, 11:11 AM
The only real policy is "if you buy in-game money and items with real money, you will get banned."

Yep, that'd be it. It's against eh TOS - read them.

pinkace
Jul 17, 2009, 11:57 AM
Are you guys talking ToS of this site or for the game itself? where can I read the game's ToS?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 17, 2009, 12:01 PM
Are you guys talking ToS of this site or for the game itself? where can I read the game's ToS?

It's in that 33-page notice you skip when you load the game up. Unless you play on 360, in which case... dunno!

SabZero
Jul 17, 2009, 12:20 PM
You can find the games TOS on the official website (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_tos.php).

This forums rules up top under FAQ/rules (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php).

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
Is there a certain policy for that?

yes you get banned, its not allowed full stop.

RubyEclipse
Jul 17, 2009, 04:14 PM
Buying and selling meseta is not allowed in the game, and users are removed for it on a regular basis.

puppyeater:O
Jul 17, 2009, 04:40 PM
i would buy your meseta but both of my 360's broke -_-

Delete
Jul 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
puppyeater, we could be the same person... same problem here bro.

On topic, yes, you will get banned.

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
i have a question. Why does it get so looked down on when you buy money/items with real money?

Besides the fact it make u look bad but yea i see people buy lvl 50s on Halo 3. I know a person that sold his account cuz he was a 50 3* Gen with Recon for 700$!

PALRAPPYS
Jul 17, 2009, 06:14 PM
Syn Jerriel, there's some complex reason behind why it's not allowed on SEGA's standpoint. As for being looked down upon, it's basically the way to skip the skill level of PSU, no matter how small.

pinkace
Jul 17, 2009, 06:24 PM
Syn Jerriel, there's some complex reason behind why it's not allowed on SEGA's standpoint. As for being looked down upon, it's basically the way to skip the skill level of PSU, no matter how small.

I believe the official argument (most MMOs use this as well) to prohibit this is that the meseta actually belongs to Sega, not to us. Even the meseta in your locker belongs to Sega. Your character, weapons, etc. So for you to sell Sega property without their consent would be illegal.

Me, I would pay cash for meseta in a hurry. I am poh'

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 06:27 PM

i just quick read and seached for the buy/selling of anything that is on PSU. i could nto find a one thing. some one care to point it out plz :]

Falke
Jul 17, 2009, 06:38 PM
Section 4, (b)
(7) conduct business or profit-related activities including, for example, marketing, promotion, advertisement and recruitment.

Source: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_tos.php

Basically, if you sell meseta, you're making a profit from the game. If you buy it, you're conducting business. Either way, you're violating the Terms of Service.

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 06:44 PM
Section 4, (b)
(7) conduct business or profit-related activities including, for example, marketing, promotion, advertisement and recruitment.

Source: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_tos.php

Basically, if you sell meseta, you're making a profit from the game. If you buy it, you're conducting business. Either way, you're violating the Terms of Service.

But could this be taken many other ways. IE Recruitment for clans. Marketing for In game Items. If so then players saying Join my clan. or 10/10 Agito 5mil. Would fall under this rule and they people would be subject to being banned. If they are gonna say something like that then they should make it clear IE

(7)Conducting business or profit-related activities for real life profit including for example.....

Falke
Jul 17, 2009, 06:45 PM
I believe the official argument (most MMOs use this as well) to prohibit this is that the meseta actually belongs to Sega, not to us. Even the meseta in your locker belongs to Sega. Your character, weapons, etc. So for you to sell Sega property without their consent would be illegal.

That's pretty much the reason, yes. You'd be selling their 'intellectual property' for profit.

Falke
Jul 17, 2009, 06:48 PM
But could this be taken many other ways. IE Recruitment for clans. Marketing for In game Items. If so then players saying Join my clan. or 10/10 Agito 5mil. Would fall under this rule and they people would be subject to being banned. If they are gonna say something like that then they should make it clear IE

(7)Conducting business or profit-related activities for real life profit including for example.....

The exact wording up there is an example.

Recruitment for clans is fine, as long as it isn't for a business or employment position that may directly result in any kind of profit for one party.

Selling your weapon for Meseta doesn't violate the rules. You're selling in game items for in game currency.

Also, it's pretty straightforward and is very clear. I don't see what there is to be confused about.

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 06:49 PM

but since we have to pay Sega 10$ per month they are giving us Rights to their ingame items and ect.?

Falke
Jul 17, 2009, 06:51 PM
No, they're not. They're allowing us to play a game. We don't own the rights. The rights belong with the creators.

Take... I don't know, Sonic the Hedgehog for example. If I bought a Sonic game and got the rights, there'd be nothing to stop me making my own Sonic game and distributing it for profit.

If you think paying a subscription gains you access to the property rights, you're sadly mistaken.

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 06:56 PM
the would that mean my xbox Gamer tag does not belong to ?

Does that mean when i make photoshop Images they dont belong to me?

euromyne
Jul 17, 2009, 06:57 PM
Oh my god why is this hard to understand

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 06:59 PM
The exact wording up there is an example.

Recruitment for clans is fine, as long as it isn't for a business or employment position that may directly result in any kind of profit for one party.

Selling your weapon for Meseta doesn't violate the rules. You're selling in game items for in game currency.

Also, it's pretty straightforward and is very clear. I don't see what there is to be confused about.

but this is a way people could find loop holes in this contract correct?

Falke
Jul 17, 2009, 06:59 PM
Your Gamertag belongs to Microsoft. They allow you to use it.

If you make an image yourself, yes, it belongs to you. My signature there, the image? Technically it belongs to sega. But I won't get banned because I'm not distributing it for profit.

I suggest if you want to learn the finer points of terms of use, you do a wikipedia search for it.

Syn Jerriel
Jul 17, 2009, 07:00 PM
Oh my god why is this hard to understand

what do you mean i get it i am just giving counter examples. Just a fun debate. i dont plan on buying mesta or sell a 10/10 wep on ebay

BUt yea i think i am done with this topic. TIme to go find another one to keep my interest :]

Dragwind
Jul 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
Technically all digital property within a game world is owned by the company. That awesome new Agito Repca 10/10 you got? It belongs to Sega. I can't think of a company that allows you to sell in-game items legally to other players with real world cash.

That's just how it basically is. You can do some research on the issue of virtual property if you want to read long descriptions and details though.

pinkace
Jul 17, 2009, 11:26 PM
No, they're not. They're allowing us to play a game. We don't own the rights. The rights belong with the creators.

Take... I don't know, Sonic the Hedgehog for example. If I bought a Sonic game and got the rights, there'd be nothing to stop me making my own Sonic game and distributing it for profit.

If you think paying a subscription gains you access to the property rights, you're sadly mistaken.

You can use this perfect example:

The Movie Theater.

You paid for your ticket, and that not only bought you a seat but the right to enjoy the full picture with sound and in a comfortable, safe place. But you cannot take pictures of the movie, record it with your own video camera, or record the audio track of the movie.

You can only enjoy it within the theater. Once you step outside it is no longer yours to enjoy. That is the point.

Yunfa
Jul 18, 2009, 01:53 AM
You can use this perfect example:

The Movie Theater.

You paid for your ticket, and that not only bought you a seat but the right to enjoy the full picture with sound and in a comfortable, safe place. But you cannot take pictures of the movie, record it with your own video camera, or record the audio track of the movie.

You can only enjoy it within the theater. Once you step outside it is no longer yours to enjoy. That is the point.

People record regardless, OP here should wise up and keep a hush hush on activities that lie in the "grey" area of society.

landman
Jul 18, 2009, 02:08 AM
the would that mean my xbox Gamer tag does not belong to ?

Does that mean when i make photoshop Images they dont belong to me?
If your work consists on editing images, you better have a licensed photoshop to do it, if you don't Adobe will claim their property, buying a licence of one of those programs allows you to use it for a limited time, and such licences usually cost like a thousand $ a year. Same applies to the Operating System of your computer, it better be a licenced version for busines. The cheap and legal solution?? USE UBUNTU =D