PDA

View Full Version : general noob looks for PSU answers

CAST_3R
Jul 19, 2009, 10:11 PM
i have a few questions that need answer and if theres already a thread with these answered please redirect me, first off, is PSU like PSO where you can use the same character offline and online? also how much does the new expansion cost/is it worth it? also online how do party mechanics work, e.g. do you have like a dedicated healer and such?

be gentle im a noob! ^^;

(i play on 360)

Freeze
Jul 19, 2009, 10:22 PM
There is no offline to online transfere. All info is saved server side so you must be online to play. Second partys are formed in the lobbys by the party leader invitation or by joining a mission in progress. Some parties have dedicated healers, it all depends on what guardians licence your party members have. Depending on the platform your playing on depends on the price of the expansion but the 360 dropped recently so its pretty cheap, and if you want to participate in new missions and events it is a must have.

tbacon
Jul 19, 2009, 10:23 PM
Lol well IMO PSU is awsome you don't really need a dedicated healer i guess I just run around places and join people's groups :p

puppyeater:O
Jul 19, 2009, 11:21 PM
its worth more than u buy it for if u ask me its like a whole new game

Gypsy72
Jul 20, 2009, 09:34 AM
everyone can carry their own healing items, so a dedicated healer isn't required as well as gun user/fighter type/etc isn't either. you can run missions solo - which can be difficult - or in a lobby you can create parties with a maximum of 4-6 people depending on the mission you are running. And most missions you can also bring your bot if it's high enough level and an additional npc character (if you have their card) and if there isn't already the max amount of people in the party. If you don't have people to create a party with you can go into the mission counter and choose the option to join parties already in progress... the only issue with these is the possibility of the leader of that party booting you out.

i'd say the expansion is a definite must, there are some missions you can't run if you don't have it, and those are some of the better missions.

good luck and have fun