PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting online?

J-Veezy
Jul 19, 2009, 11:26 PM
First off, hello PSOWorld! I've been a longtime visitor since the days of PSO although just recently managed to make an account here. I hope this is the right place to post this, I never really checked the forums here much, I was more interested in the guides and weapon database for PSO in the past :-P .

For some time now I've been playing the PSU demo, although just having 6 missions to do and it constantly having server issues gets annoying, and I've been considering to get the online for the real game. I already own the game (got it a long time ago actually, before I even played the demo :-P ).

What concerns me though about whether to get the online or not however is how many people are on it for the xbox 360 servers (how many stars on average would you say there are since I've heard from people in the demo that the real game has less people playing and rarely even hits 5 stars for one universe although I kind of don't believe him)? Also, another major concern for me is how the servers are; do they tend to crash often like the demo servers and you can't log in for weeks? I'm mostly just concerned about these two things and want to know before I pay.

Thanks!!!

neilp4453
Jul 20, 2009, 01:38 AM
There maybe more freeloaders playing the demo...but there are more serious players playing the real deal.

On the 360...there is generally 1.5 stars (which is plenty) at peak times.
During events....you might see 3.5 stars.

The servers don't really crash (it may have happened a FEW times). It is generally smooth but you may notice slight lag when you are trying to do things. During the beginning of events...the server does become unstable.

But the demo is just the peak of the iceberg. Synthing takes a larger role...as does grinding. There are way more missions to run (though most people stick to certain missions..and the general population sticks to the easiest/most rewarding mission).

But that is where the fun comes in. You become the supplier.

Dragwind
Jul 20, 2009, 02:32 AM
There maybe more freeloaders playing the demo...but there are more serious players playing the real deal.

On the 360...there is generally 1.5 stars (which is plenty) at peak times.
During events....you might see 3.5 stars.

The servers don't really crash (it may have happened a FEW times). It is generally smooth but you may notice slight lag when you are trying to do things. During the beginning of events...the server does become unstable.

But the demo is just the peak of the iceberg. Synthing takes a larger role...as does grinding. There are way more missions to run (though most people stick to certain missions..and the general population sticks to the easiest/most rewarding mission).

This sounds about right. The servers hardly ever crash, I don't think you should expect any problems on that part. The population on the X360 servers should be more than enough for you to have plenty of players to party with.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 20, 2009, 03:46 AM

[b]On the 360...there is generally 1.5 stars (which is plenty) at peak times.
During events....you might see 3.5 stars.[b/]

Way more than that, 3 stars when its quiet, peak is uni 1 full and 2 stars and during events 2 to 3 uni's are full

J-Veezy
Jul 20, 2009, 11:53 AM
Way more than that, 3 stars when its quiet, peak is uni 1 full and 2 stars and during events 2 to 3 uni's are full

Oh, for a second I was considering it may be too late to get the game since I was thinking 1.5 stars at peak times is pretty empty (after being used to the frequent 5 star minimum in 1 universe and like 3 in another universe when it's quiet at the demo). If it's like that in terms of population then I've basically made up my mind since that was my biggest concern. I'm probably going to get my guardians license today.:-)

Would you recommend I get AOTI as well or wait a bit until I'm a higher level?

Ithildin
Jul 20, 2009, 12:07 PM
Would you recommend I get AOTI as well or wait a bit until I'm a higher level?

Yeh get AOTI. Without it you wont be able to participate in the missions that are part of the Summer event. The event everyone is playing right now.

neilp4453
Jul 20, 2009, 02:09 PM
Lol...I messed up...I meant full universes instead of stars.

ARASHIKAGE
Jul 20, 2009, 02:32 PM
Come join PC/PS2! We could use more guardians...

J-Veezy
Jul 21, 2009, 04:27 AM
Well I've gotten my guardians license for the X360 as well as AOTI and I must say I'm impressed. I was doubtful and kind of nervous that I just spent so much money and the game would be dead, but I was proven wrong and I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of things to do.

I'll probably be playing it a lot tomorrow and be looking for friends so if anyone would like to help me, I would be extremely grateful. :)

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jul 21, 2009, 11:49 AM
I have just made a new character so I could do some runs, although it depends on where your from (timezones and all)