PDA

View Full Version : Mission Party Comment ALERT

roardova lengths
Jul 23, 2009, 11:28 AM
Party comments are there for ppl to understand how a party goes. I'm really growing to love to kick ppl out of my party. Be considerate of a team leader and stop that dumb stuff...

Ethateral
Jul 23, 2009, 11:33 AM
And what is meriting players to get kicked by you?

roardova lengths
Jul 23, 2009, 11:34 AM
Full Experience Runs
"Stay Together"
Be Merry

Quotes will explain it all...

Ethateral
Jul 23, 2009, 11:37 AM
So basically then, said players are just running off to other blocks? More than likely trying to reap rewards or have the whole "ZOMG SPEED!!!!11!!!".

mvffin
Jul 23, 2009, 11:48 AM
I also hate when ppl say "Speed Runs" then they insist on killing every monster and collecting every disc. That is NOT a Speed Run. This happens 9 out of 10 times in random parties. >_<

Calsetes
Jul 23, 2009, 12:30 PM
Stay together? Are you kidding? We can separate and play the game solo together on our own in a group! And "full experience"? I like hogging all the XPs to myself! And what's this about being merry? I like wallowing in the darkest despairs of evil emoness while whining about how horrible my life sucks as I'm handed everything on a silver platter!

And in case anyone can't tell, I'm being very sarcastic there. I'll try to get on tonight Roar and do some full runs with you. What rank are we doing, and who do you want in there? Narau can do up to A, Eimi up to S, and the other two can do S2, so just lemme know which you want.

The_Brimada
Jul 23, 2009, 12:38 PM
Lol, this is self-explanatory. People really do need to learn to read. Also as Mvffin said most people saying lolz speed runs in the comments reallly aren't either XD. Not arguing against the OP, I'm totally agreeing with it.

Calsetes
Jul 23, 2009, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I agree also. I always check the rank, comments, and item distribution before going in, and if I notice people talking about getting a friend in when I enter suddenly, I always ask if they want me to go instead of being booted, since I'm a cool guy like that.

Although, you do get those parties where someone sets the comment one way, then after the leader leaves they decide instead of changing it to say "C-Block Only Runs" or something, they just do what they want and boot you anyway.

ashley50
Jul 23, 2009, 12:53 PM
People just need to learn to read...

beatrixkiddo
Jul 23, 2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I had problems with this back when I made my comments say "No Fighgunners"... but they would still join! :(

Calsetes
Jul 23, 2009, 01:06 PM
Aw, not even my awesome Fighgunner with her Mechgun of Doom and her Twin Rubies? That make-a me sad.....

Hrith
Jul 23, 2009, 01:16 PM
I heartily second this. It's really annoying when people don't pay attention to party comments.

Aeris
Jul 23, 2009, 01:34 PM
I usually look at ranks and info as well on the names before joing a party with randoms.

PhdChristmas
Jul 23, 2009, 01:42 PM
the real problem is that theres a bunch of players that dont have the affinity to solo. Generally we have probably half a dozen+ players sitting at the mission counter waiting for an S2 party to open up, all those same players bum rush the open party without reading the comment.

I start open parties for my newman techer during peak hours. Usually the party fills up 10 seconds out the gate, and half of them dont understand its a Full run.

garjian
Jul 23, 2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I had problems with this back when I made my comments say "No Fighgunners"... but they would still join! :(

same when i used to, and still use "NO FIGHMASTERS >:/" in the title... and still they joined...

dexter_safe
Jul 23, 2009, 05:35 PM
fighmaster aren't that useful in the first block (disc) and the first boss ( de rol le). presides that are very useful in the rest of the mission

Fox2Tails
Jul 23, 2009, 05:58 PM
I like the ones that tell you which path the Leader wants to go and yet people still ask which path XD

Aeris
Jul 23, 2009, 06:03 PM
I like the ones that tell you which path the Leader wants to go and yet people still ask which path XD

I get that as well too lol.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jul 23, 2009, 06:11 PM
I specifically read party comments and then see who's in it (and race and class combinations just out of curiosity), but even 80% of the time I won't join a party anyway. I just wait for somebody to say speed run in the lobby and I'll go wave at them.

KuroShinnen
Jul 23, 2009, 06:18 PM
Pretty much this whole entire event I have played solo because of all the people making parties with no reason, or goal in them.

I could see people looking for full party speed runs, fighting boss and collecting all discs, and I ask, what for?
If you want to hunt milla, having a full party is not going to help your chances of getting one. Same with fighting the bosses and getting all disc in your way.

If you want to hunt for milla, it is much more efficient to solo the mission. Sure it takes longer for most, but you know you are getting that milla and you don't have to split the money and deal with the people making useless parties.

gratefulgriz
Jul 23, 2009, 09:05 PM
I usually avoid the S2 ranked Party "We Hang Behind the Gate and Just Chat", but sometimes I go there on accident ^0

roardova lengths
Jul 23, 2009, 09:08 PM
Stay together? Are you kidding? We can separate and play the game solo together on our own in a group! And "full experience"? I like hogging all the XPs to myself! And what's this about being merry? I like wallowing in the darkest despairs of evil emoness while whining about how horrible my life sucks as I'm handed everything on a silver platter!

And in case anyone can't tell, I'm being very sarcastic there. I'll try to get on tonight Roar and do some full runs with you. What rank are we doing, and who do you want in there? Narau can do up to A, Eimi up to S, and the other two can do S2, so just lemme know which you want.

Cal sweetie, I know you... But you know I have a job now, from 1 pm to 7:30 pm... And College is back in session... I'm only on tonight to holla at making my twin harisen fans 10/10 hopefully and a 10/10 flourescent bulb... Wish me luck, you always do and can't wait to see you over the weekend. I need to get Bruce Boyde on all of my characters...

Yuicihi
Jul 23, 2009, 10:44 PM
I love the 360 community.

I specifically say what the party is doing. Like two or three join up.
I don't? Full party, most of the time. This is, of course, assuming we aren't too busy spamming the lobby.

But yes, for the love of God, use the party comments, and read them. I simply ignore parties that don't have comments most of the time.

darkante
Jul 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
I always make sure to read party comments before bothering to join.
As many is just speed running A-block, i´ve had less motivation to join.
Usually, the time of their speed running takes about as long me being serious solo.
And i know their goals as well.

So either i do full runs, or other blocks in parties as i´ve got bored to death by A.

Phaesphora
Jul 24, 2009, 01:50 AM
I'm surprised how many Protectors S party leaders insisted on using 2 NPC partners, left the party open, and refused to remove the NPCs. Seems to me they might as well add the comment "I don't really want anyone to join."

On a tangentially-related note, I too check the party members before joining. If I see another Masterforce, I move along. I almost always avoid Fighgunners as well.

TekkamanCrazy
Jul 24, 2009, 03:16 AM
Locking the party could save people alot of time.

Ranmo
Jul 24, 2009, 12:41 PM
I find it funny how people also put in the comment. " DO NOT JOIN. I WILL BOOT!" Why cant they just lock the party? lol.

Ethateral
Jul 24, 2009, 12:49 PM
I almost always avoid Fighgunners as well.

Why is this? :/

The_Brimada
Jul 24, 2009, 01:10 PM
Its apparently because they supposedly blow everything away, which is a huge misconception.

Ethateral
Jul 24, 2009, 01:46 PM
Its apparently because they supposedly blow everything away, which is a huge misconception.

Just about everything gets blown away nowadays. >_>;

Phaesphora
Jul 24, 2009, 01:51 PM
Why is this? :/

I can't speak for anyone here, but during this event, most of the FI on 360 that I've partied with think they're playing solo. Often I end up getting XP from roughly ¼ of the creatures. So rather than endure the frustration of watching everything fall while I'm still 20 paces away, I take double the amount of time I would normally in selecting a party.

Don't remember having this problem before the Protectors, so maybe it will go away.

Ranmo
Jul 24, 2009, 01:52 PM
Thats like me saying " FG AND GMS DONT JOIN!" just because rifles at high levels can make monsters do the thriller dance...

Mikura
Jul 24, 2009, 01:53 PM
Maybe he means they spam TD all the time, scattering the mobs everywhere.

Calsetes
Jul 24, 2009, 03:00 PM
I hope nobody avoids my Fighgunner, since she uses pretty much nothing but bullets until her levels are a bit higher (like, her last few bullets get up to 21, and then she's taking a bit of a break since there's no massive boost past that). Even then, the skills I do use aren't massive blowback ones - just working on Absolute Dance, a single dagger skill, a twin dagger skill, and Igg Hikk which doesn't really blow away as far as I can remember.

Regardless, if I use one that annoys people, I just change to one that doesn't, and make everyone happy.

Ranmo
Jul 24, 2009, 03:02 PM
lol. I think the best booting problem is "If you dont use your mic you get the BOOT!"

Ethateral
Jul 24, 2009, 03:10 PM
lol. I think the best booting problem is "If you dont use your mic you get the BOOT!"

LOL, yes. I sometimes just don't like having my mic on, since I'm blaring my music while playing. Which means I can't hear you anyway. It's not a big deal if you don't have your mic on. It's nice, sure. I've run in random parties many times where NO one typed or talked. We did damn well I must say.

Calsetes
Jul 24, 2009, 03:23 PM
I know on Live I usually keep my mic off when playing, unless it's to say one specific thing, or if we're playing a game like Left 4 Dead and I feel like goofing around. Leaving the mic on 24/7 is something I've learned to avoid, if only because with how games are nowadays, I don't want everyone I'm playing with to hear the conversation my brother and his fiancee are having in the same tiny room as me, or to hear that weird echo-ey effect when someone has their TV too loud (man, that bugs the crap out of me, but it sure is fun to play with, yelling "ECHO!" and hearing it several times...)

jobber
Jul 24, 2009, 03:29 PM
I thought you guys said ST fixed the booting crap. I started to believe you cause I haven't been booted in weeks, but just now I got booted from the party in the middle of the Falz fight. WTF??????? I was doing most of the damage so it wasn't like I goofing off.

Ranmo
Jul 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah its terrible what people boot you for. Of course though when I do run into the "Turn your mic on or get booted" Scenario. I generally do turn it on tell the guy something smart and leave lol. I generally am blasting music and I am pretty sure you dont want to hear fuzz from my mic. If I am not doing that however I do have the mic on. I mean why would you NEED your team to have their mics on? Its not like we all havent played white beast enough times to memorize it...lol

Calsetes
Jul 24, 2009, 04:33 PM
They got rid of booting from... was it the boss fight to the "member entered goal lobby" screen, or was it just from the clear boxes to there? Anyway, there's a small window at the end where you can't boot now.

LuigiMario
Jul 24, 2009, 06:01 PM

What does it say now? "No Fighmasters"?

jobber
Jul 24, 2009, 08:24 PM
They got rid of booting from... was it the boss fight to the "member entered goal lobby" screen, or was it just from the clear boxes to there? Anyway, there's a small window at the end where you can't boot now.

I got booted during the boss fight.

Calsetes
Jul 24, 2009, 10:25 PM
Ok, so it's from the clear boxes to the "member reached lobby goal" thing.

xBULLYDOGG
Aug 11, 2009, 12:32 AM
My frquently used mission setup

Mission name;
READ COMMENT V

Comment
No junk plz must
have scapes, pick
up best stuff 1st
on boss drops.

All crammed in of course somehow but yeah. And why do i say best drops first. I've grown to like the fact that in my SET ORDER parties people will pick up the best items first, then going down to the least sought after. Dont ask why we all have habits and such.

NDW
Aug 11, 2009, 01:52 AM
I got booted during the boss fight.

Yeah, booting is only prevented after the mission has been cleared.