PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Buy (The past month or so?)

Outrider
Jul 23, 2009, 04:51 PM
The Conduit

I was going to wait on this until it hit budget prices, but I figured I'm always telling people they need to support core games on the Wii, so I put my money where my mouth is.

Eh. The Conduit is a bland game built on a fairly impressive engine. The design is what's really holding it back. I beat the single-player in about a weekend, and have since gone back to it one or two more times. There are some fun moments when everything just clicks and it's great, but then there are the times when enemies just stare at you and you go to scratch your neck but accidentally throw a grenade at your feet (which admittedly, was hilarious in retrospect.)

The multiplayer has its moments, but seeing as I could just as easily play Call of Duty 4 or Halo 3 on my Xbox, it's not really worth playing too much.

I probably should have saved my money for Little King's Story.

Phantasy Star 0

It's like Phantasy Star Online! But I can be a HUnewm! And there's more of a story (or at least more of a focus), but you can also skip it if you want!

But there's also all this squiggly text and I don't know what these people are saying to me.

Ikaruga

It was only 5 bucks but I can't beat it, dammit. Also, I only played it twice so far, so I know have to keep trying.

Still - nothing as disappointing as NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams! (I actually came across NiGHTS:JoD the other day while looking for a DVD and was completely surprised - I had forgotten that I owned the game. If only that was true.)

TalHex
Jul 23, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'd get the conduit... but they are rereleasing the metroid prime trilogy near the end of august, and that has more of the game play that I want >.>

Randomness
Jul 23, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'd get the conduit... but they are rereleasing the metroid prime trilogy near the end of august, and that has more of the game play that I want >.>

You know... I'm going to end up getting that, even though I already have all three. Well, mostly I'm getting it for the Wii controls with Prime 1/2.

You know... I really don't do what I could call impulse buys of games... when I'm really bored, what would otherwise trigger that... I have so many games I can just pick up, or DL some random free MMO.

Zarode
Jul 23, 2009, 09:22 PM
I just ordered pizza because my impulses told me I had a rumbley in my tummy.

TalHex
Jul 23, 2009, 09:22 PM
yeah, i have 2 and 3 but i want to updated controls, and 1 so i'm trading in the two i have and buying it

Randomness
Jul 23, 2009, 09:51 PM
yeah, i have 2 and 3 but i want to updated controls, and 1 so i'm trading in the two i have and buying it

Oh. I'm not bothering with trade-ins. I haven't done that in forever. I should take photos of the collection sometime, its rather large.

Probably at least 40 or so GCN titles, 10+ 360, 20-30 DS, 20+ GBA, 10+ N64, and some smatterings across the rest of the consoles. (For the record, I own or have owned everything since the NES with the sole exception of the Saturn and Dreamcast)

Outrider
Jul 23, 2009, 10:07 PM

I would definitely recommend picking up Metroid Prime Trilogy over The Conduit. It's really not worth $40-$50. Maybe it's worth it at half that price. Like I said, it's a mediocre game built on a very promising engine.

Go with Metroid. Even if they hadn't added to the first two Prime titles, it would still be worth it to play through all three of them again.

Oh. I'm not bothering with trade-ins. I haven't done that in forever. I should take photos of the collection sometime, its rather large.

Probably at least 40 or so GCN titles, 10+ 360, 20-30 DS, 20+ GBA, 10+ N64, and some smatterings across the rest of the consoles. (For the record, I own or have owned everything since the NES with the sole exception of the Saturn and Dreamcast)

Ahem. (http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=789066&postcount=24)

Needless to say, it's grown quite a bit over the past four and a half years.

Alnet
Jul 23, 2009, 10:18 PM
The past month...?

Main impulse buys have been from friends getting me back into Yu-Gi-Oh, thereby reawakening a compulsive gambling urge.

Earlier than that, preordered the new Melty Blood game. Glee. It comes out early August. Also, got some kind of book that goes along with the game, not that it matters, since I'm not fluent in Japanese. But if that's not an impulse buy, what is?

Outrider
Jul 24, 2009, 03:22 PM
Man, I really have no idea what's going on in Phantasy Star Zero with this messed up text.

It's like they're talking another language or something.

All I know is this force girl keeps asking me questions and I just nod and smile and hope that I answered her right.

And then she dies from the giant squid and I can't figure out which item will bring her back to life.

Sometimes video games are weird.

Vanzazikon
Jul 24, 2009, 03:34 PM
lol Outrider.

Outrider
Jul 24, 2009, 03:48 PM
I've got... I've got some kind of knives now? So that's pretty cool, I guess.

I've also got a shield, but I'm not so sure how useful it would be, so I haven't used it in battle yet.

It's almost exhilarating to play a game when you have no idea what's going on.

Also, there's this cowboy guy hanging out with me. He's dressed like a cowboy and I'm dressed like a spaceman. One of us looks ridiculous, but I'm not sure who yet.