PDA

View Full Version : Game FFCC: Echos of Time?

Lance813
Jul 24, 2009, 11:50 AM
Anyone play?

Dhylec
Jul 24, 2009, 11:57 AM
get me ;one, i'll play

Ranmo
Jul 24, 2009, 11:59 AM
I do. Its fun stuff, but I slowly put it away after I imported PS0... >,>

Lance813
Jul 24, 2009, 12:13 PM
Buy dat y;ourself. :wacko:

Volcompat321
Jul 24, 2009, 02:05 PM
Never heard of it :o

Leviathan
Jul 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
I have it.

I'm stuck in the library place.

Weeaboolits
Jul 24, 2009, 03:58 PM
Super subtitle is pretty fun, but (and it's an odd complaint) it's too easy to cap your level off. I kinda wish the game didn't expect your level to be maxed by the end of hard mode, though I suppose there's nothing wrong with focusing on hunting after that, and I could always just make more characters.

OrangeTippedGun
Jul 24, 2009, 04:33 PM
Have it. Pretty great game. Comparing it to PSZ, FF Echoes of time is, in my opinion, a much better game. You actually get an on-screen keyboard instead of having to write everything. You can play the full story mode multiplayer online or locally. There are competitive modes that I think actually require some skill, something PSU, PSP, and PSZ lack.
AND I can actually read it because it's in English! :O I think when PSZ comes to the states (is it even coming?), FF:Echoes of time will still be a better game.
PM me if anyone wants to swap Friend Codes.
But that new Crystal Chronicles game coming to the Wii and is only single player looks really flamboyant.

Outrider
Jul 24, 2009, 04:56 PM
You guys are all pansies. I played the original Crystal Chronicles WITH three other people. That's right, we all had to own GBAs & GBA-GCN link cables. It was ridiculous, silly, and needlessly complex.

But man, that was one of the best co-op games I've ever played. Despite Square's best efforts, they somehow made a great game.

One of these days I'll pick up one of the DS CC games. I usually can't stand dungeon crawlers, but playing them on a portable makes it a lot more tolerable. (Then again, I'll probably just buy Dragon Quest IX instead.)

Is one supposed to be better than the other? How does Rings of Fate compare to Echoes of Time?

Also, Crystal Bearers looks great. It's like Kingdom Hearts, but with it's own setting. I'll gladly give that a shot. But then again, I learned long ago that anybody who calls something "gay" in a derogatory fashion is generally a childish dolt, so no worries there.

Lance813
Jul 24, 2009, 05:39 PM
Heh, I have the GCN one as well and I did play with two of my friends.

Leveling is really easy though, I just hit 45 and I just got done getting a fucking crystal embedded into my body.

I don't know how Rings of Fate is, so I couldn't tell you. I'm just pissed that my Selkie chick looks fat and really blue. Sherlotta is a boss though.

Weeaboolits
Jul 24, 2009, 05:43 PM
Despite having the online multiplayer focus, it's still story based, though you can redo dungeons as often as you like, I haven't played he other CC games, but this one is pretty fun, just make sure if you go online that you have a stable connection. If there's one thing they didn't get right, it's how the game handles lag.

OrangeTippedGun
Jul 24, 2009, 06:56 PM
You guys are all pansies. I played the original Crystal Chronicles WITH three other people. That's right, we all had to own GBAs & GBA-GCN link cables. It was ridiculous, silly, and needlessly complex.

But man, that was one of the best co-op games I've ever played. Despite Square's best efforts, they somehow made a great game.

One of these days I'll pick up one of the DS CC games. I usually can't stand dungeon crawlers, but playing them on a portable makes it a lot more tolerable. (Then again, I'll probably just buy Dragon Quest IX instead.)

Is one supposed to be better than the other? How does Rings of Fate compare to Echoes of Time?

Also, Crystal Bearers looks great. It's like Kingdom Hearts, but with it's own setting. I'll gladly give that a shot. But then again, I learned long ago that anybody who calls something "gay" in a derogatory fashion is generally a childish dolt, so no worries there.

I have lot's of memories with the first FF:CC also. My brother preorded and we bought 4 GBA-GCN wires the same day we got the game. Lol, that was like $90 worth of crap. But it was definitely worth all the fun we had with that game.
The GC version of Zelda Four Swords Venturesome was pretty fun to. It worked just like FF:CC, requiring that every player use a Gameboy Advance as a controller. Though it wasn't as great as FF:CC and we ended up selling it before we beat it. And I didn't call that last game "gay" I called it "Flamboyant"! ^^;

Reksanden
Jul 24, 2009, 09:38 PM
i was on year what.......180 something? man i loved that game! oh btw 358/2 Days is coming September 29th. it is similar to the other kingdom hearts, but involves Roxas instead of Sora as the main character.

Leviathan
Jul 24, 2009, 10:25 PM
The one on GCN was best.

GCN > Echoes of Time > Ring of Fates.

I don't have Ring of Fates though, although that game was a year old, it cost more than EoT which was a month old when I got it.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 25, 2009, 01:07 AM
I can't stress enough at how awesome the FFCC series is.
I remember when I was still a teen, and I got the first one for GCN,
I got like 2 GBA cables, because I knew that me and my cousin would be the only ones who played it. A pretty long time. Eventually we got a few friends into it, and we all went to each others houses and played together. Great times, and the game was challenging too!

Ring of Fate.. It had a great concept, but felt incomplete, mainly because it lacked online multiplayer, and most of the spells and special attacks felt kinda useless.

Then Echoes of Time came out. It took all of the good things about Ring of Fate (Dungeon Crawling, Hack And Slash, Platforming, Multiplayer, Item crafting) and made it like 10 times better. I spent a lot of time on the story mode, and the way you use equipment is awesome (Level it up and increase its stats using gems. Basically you can go for style, while still having something with high stats.) there's challenge too. Yeah. You level up fast, but some of the quests are a huge pain. (Monster Mash 3 and Biggest Baddest Bosses, anyone?) There's even PvP, for those who want it anyways. The story isn't half bad either. And I'm willing to play with anyone here. ;D

PM me the details and such.

OrangeTippedGun
Jul 25, 2009, 02:02 AM
Ring of Fates was absolutely terrible. Not only did the freakishly creepy designs of the children in the CG cutscenes turn me off, but there was no WiFi as originally promised. Actually, I believe the Japanese version had WiFi and the localized versions didn't. o_o

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 25, 2009, 02:18 AM
Ring of Fates was absolutely terrible. Not only did the freakishly creepy designs of the children in the CG cutscenes turn me off, but there was no WiFi as originally promised. Actually, I believe the Japanese version had WiFi and the localized versions didn't. o_o

RoF wasn't THAT bad.
Like I said, it had good concept, most of it just wasn't going anywhere.
And no, the Japaneezy version didn't have online multiplayer either.
All it had was that lame trading system.

TalHex
Jul 25, 2009, 09:52 AM
this topic, is srs bsnss guys!

Randomness
Jul 25, 2009, 04:33 PM
I've got Echoes. I'm somewhere on VH... I don't remember. Got... three chars with max stats now or something? (Really... leveling is so easy... A few random areas to get em to 20, then Monster Mash 1 until 70, and finish on Monster Mash 3)

qu35t3rn
Jul 26, 2009, 02:16 PM
Offtopic: Wow, I had my n00b moment of the day; I excitedly clicked the title thinking it read Echo Tides of Time. **facepalm**

OnTopic: As a vet of the original FFCC (and one who played the awesome co-op) I definitely want to pick this one up on the Wii. I know, I'm lame (and poor). :P

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 26, 2009, 06:38 PM
I've played both versions, and although I prefer the DS version, the Wii version is just as awesome.
If you don't have a DS, then go for it :P

OrangeTippedGun
Jul 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
I've played both versions, and although I prefer the DS version, the Wii version is just as awesome.
If you don't have a DS, then go for it :P

The Wii version isn't as much as a fully priced Wii game, right?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
The Wii version isn't as much as a fully priced Wii game, right?

Last time I checked, the Wii version was around the same price as the DS one, and that was back in march.
Here it is. (http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Final%20Fantasy%20Crystal%20Chronicles%20Echoe s%20of%20time%20Wii)
Same price actually, we all know how much Squeenix loves to charge $40 for a DS GAME D<

Anyways..
Anyone up for doing anything? ;x

Randomness
Jul 29, 2009, 10:23 PM
I should pop this back in... at the very least, get the gems and finish one char with max all stats, including elemental offense/defense.

Maybe.

Nintendo needs to make a channel for the Wii that lets a DS emulate the GBA link functions. I mean, how hard can it be?