PDA

View Full Version : Which Protectors mission do you prefer?

Powder Keg
Jul 24, 2009, 07:10 PM
I know a lot of people haven't had the chance to sneak online yet, but I've played Protectors Delta a few times already and I'm really not impressed. Gamma is much better IMO. Besides, I'm kind of glad that Gamma is still around for more Milla hunting.

str898mustang
Jul 24, 2009, 07:13 PM
Delta....won't run Gamma ever again. Milla hunting burnt me out on it.

Fox2Tails
Jul 24, 2009, 07:14 PM
Both, 1 has Milla other has Guld lol

Kinako78
Jul 24, 2009, 07:23 PM
I can't figure out how to finish Block C, so I haven't been able to finish it with all 24 discs yet. What I did of it was pretty fun, though, but it's hard to pick which one I like best right now.

hewitt
Jul 24, 2009, 07:42 PM
I'd have to say Delta. Maybe it's the fact that the pavilion is such a big part of Gamma, but meh. Delta seems more varied.

tadtwisted
Jul 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
i said they both stink because its just a Frankenstein of old missions. dont get me wrong its something to do at the moment but i wish there was something fresh

Noblewine
Jul 24, 2009, 09:13 PM
I like the new one. Its challenging compared to the other one and seems like a better place to bullet level.

Alamar
Jul 24, 2009, 09:26 PM
I would like to play either right now. :/

DeZZ
Jul 24, 2009, 09:27 PM
agreed

KuroShinnen
Jul 24, 2009, 09:45 PM
I don't know why, but I liked Gamma a lot more than Delta. Maybe it was because I found Gamma much easier than Delta. Speaking of that, I keep hearing that Delta is easy in block B as a GM. How is that exactly, those Carriguines and Seed Vance are such pains.

Kylie
Jul 25, 2009, 03:33 AM
Delta has Firebreak: Parum in block 2 of the main thing, 'Nuff said.

Micro
Jul 25, 2009, 06:25 AM
I enjoy both of them, but currently only running Delta for a change of scenery and Killer Elite hunting. :wacko:

ACDC4352
Jul 25, 2009, 10:45 AM
I can't figure out how to finish Block C, so I haven't been able to finish it with all 24 discs yet. What I did of it was pretty fun, though, but it's hard to pick which one I like best right now.

i had same problem. wben you get to the button thats fenced in, look above i to find a pile of rocks shoot the rocks and they will fall on the button

LuigiMario
Jul 25, 2009, 11:08 AM
I know a lot of people haven't had the chance to sneak online yet, but I've played Protectors Delta a few times already and I'm really not impressed. Gamma is much better IMO. Besides, I'm kind of glad that Gamma is still around for more Milla hunting.

figures you guys would choose White Beast clone over Delta. You would take easy XP/MP over easy money.

LuigiMario
Jul 25, 2009, 11:11 AM
i said they both stink because its just a Frankenstein of old missions. dont get me wrong its something to do at the moment but i wish there was something fresh

"Fresh" is not in SEGAs vocabulary. Infact, it does not compute. ONLY TWO events had new areas. MAG and 1UP.

Katy
Jul 25, 2009, 11:13 AM
Delta of course, where else can I spam the first 2 blocks for Carriguine blades? I'm synthing a Rucar right now after 6 minutes of abandoning C runs. :)

Sayara
Jul 25, 2009, 11:16 AM
You seem to get a lot of polymers in Delta too. thats pretty cool in my book.

Legendria
Jul 25, 2009, 11:45 AM
Delta is twice as hard as Gamma, unfortunately.

However, they stashed LKK and Killer Elite along with a bunch of non-crappy made weapon drops (No more whips ! Yay :D ) in Delta, so that's where i'll be.

If you're already 160/20, you just go where the good drops are, right? :-)

stukasa
Jul 25, 2009, 12:17 PM
Delta, I like the areas more even though there's Carriguines and lots of Megid to deal with. xD Plus Gamma doesn't have as many drops that I want (except Milla, but that's SUPER rare!).

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2009, 12:57 PM
I can't decide. I like Delta's areas better, while Gamma's bosses are slightly better. Sorry... that's just my hate of Motherbrain coming into play right there.

Powder Keg
Jul 25, 2009, 01:11 PM
figures you guys would choose White Beast clone over Delta. You would take easy XP/MP over easy money.

lol.

The White Beast (or main) blocks are the worst part. It's the A, B, C, blocks that are more tolerable, and the drops.

ashley50
Jul 25, 2009, 01:12 PM
I prefer non 060 missions.

RemiusTA
Jul 25, 2009, 03:16 PM
I think they both are awesome, however im sick and tired of gamma. Anytime you're with people who want to run nothing but the same fucking mission will make anyone tired of it. White Beast was a kickass mission too when it first came out. Now its just old.

In all truth, ST should release more missions like these. One mission with (technically) 3 different whole paths to take, and the ability to play more than one to get more loot at the end? It all reminds me of PSO's Control Center, really. Its a HUGE improvement over the current style of missions....in fact, there should be more missions that function like this by default. Nobody likes playing missions with 4 blocks of the exact same shit. If the Caves in PSO all looked like part 1, then it'd just be unbearable.

So, i really dont even care whats in it. As long as im going through multiple areas, doing different things, with different music to break the monotony, im in PSU heaven. The drops, MP, bosses and everything else are just huge +'s. In all truth, these type of missions are the only thing that really give PSU that old PSO feeling.

Funny thing is, all they're having to do is block off areas from other missions, throw in some teleporters, mismatch enemies, and send you in the opposite direction, and the stage feels completely different. Its cheep, but it definately works how it should, and its what normal missions should have been doing ages ago.

dentRED
Jul 26, 2009, 11:40 AM
i love delta, even the fact that it has megid all over it, i really favor it over gamma.

it's more challenging. ^_^ and fun.

stinkyfish97
Jul 27, 2009, 10:53 PM
i have switched back to gamma since they finally fixed the boss boxes at the end so we get the drops we were supposed to get, and with everyone running delta all the prices on those weps over there will drop significantly quicker than the prices on gamma.

thunder-ray
Jul 27, 2009, 11:03 PM
I like them both cuz gamma is good for mps and delta is good for rares :D

MzHitman
Jul 27, 2009, 11:10 PM
I like the first one because I was able to solo it on S2 without any major complication. The second one adds more of a challenge tho. I'm only able to solo it on S. My only attempt to solo on S2, I made it as far as C-c and the magashi's killed me like 5 times in less than 45 seconds. So I've decided not to run that again without help. It's made me a lot of xp and mission points though.

They're both good if you can find what you're looking for. I'd like to get a rare run or find something cool, which has yet to happen.

Freeze
Jul 27, 2009, 11:25 PM
I get bored of both of them pretty quick but I have to say I do like Gamma better than Delta.

LuigiMario
Jul 28, 2009, 11:30 PM
lol.

The White Beast (or main) blocks are the worst part. It's the A, B, C, blocks that are more tolerable, and the drops.

So which one gets you the most money?

Hrith
Jul 29, 2009, 02:50 PM
Delta. Gamma is way too easy.

mvffin
Jul 30, 2009, 12:24 PM
Both, 1 has Milla other has Guld lol

Try new runs, but keep the old, for one has Milla, the other Guld.

I like Delta better, but it takes longer.

i have switched back to gamma since they finally fixed the boss boxes at the end so we get the drops we were supposed to get

I'd rather have Mugunburgas over LKK and stupid Armor with -8 end...