PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Upgrading

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 12:18 AM
Hey, new to the board but not to the game, and I had a quick question. What's the best way to upgrade a Psycho Wand and/or just a general good way to upgrade weapons now that there's no boost.

Thanks!

EDIT: By "good way" I mean a set/order of grinders, btw

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jul 26, 2009, 12:22 AM
I don't think there are any tricks to use; only superstition and the "other" kind of luck that does what it wants regardless of your holy light.

And to feed the superstition monster, I suggest you create a character named Clipse before you grind anything in PSU.

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 01:07 AM
I don't think there are any tricks to use; only superstition and the "other" kind of luck that does what it wants regardless of your holy light.

And to feed the superstition monster, I suggest you create a character named Clipse before you grind anything in PSU.

Clipse? Lolwat

WhiteKnight01
Jul 26, 2009, 05:27 PM
or warlock and make a few guld & millas :)

Fox2Tails
Jul 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
First off you try not being a cheap copy of me...

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 06:13 PM
I wonder how many worthless replies I'm going to get before someone actually posts a helpful one.

ashley50
Jul 26, 2009, 06:21 PM
Use +10s...simple enough?

red1228
Jul 26, 2009, 06:22 PM
Uhh well, minus non-credible superstitions...

1. Get 3* / MegaHoly Luck
2. Use +8, +9, +10 grinders
3. Pray the grind success rates are on your side

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 06:27 PM
Use +10s...simple enough?
Using only S+10's Would just overgrind it and break it.

Uhh well, minus non-credible superstitions...

1. Get 3* / MegaHoly Luck
2. Use +8, +9, +10 grinders
3. Pray the grind success rates are on your side
Same deal. Im looking for something like 1,2,4,5,7,8,10, so not to overgrind it.
Thanks anyway though, at least your responses were coherant and relevant.

Fox2Tails
Jul 26, 2009, 06:48 PM

Same deal. Im looking for something like 1,2,4,5,7,8,10, so not to overgrind it.

I lol'd

"+#" just refers to the success rate of the grind

Kerberos
Jul 26, 2009, 06:51 PM

Overgrind?? I've never heard of such a thing. S+10's give you the best chance % hands down, especially for S rank weapons. Have you tried using a S+1 on the first grind? The chances are not as good. Using S+10's all the way is the best possible way for the the highest % chance at success. But, if you don't have any ridiculously high priced S+10's then S+9 would be your next best thing. Also, what has been said before, may luck be on your side. ^^

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 07:02 PM
I lol'd

"+#" just refers to the success rate of the grind

Yes, I know that. If you use only S+10's then it will break on the 3rd or 4th. Or at least on the 360 ver. that's how it happens.

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 07:03 PM
Overgrind?? I've never heard of such a thing. S+10's give you the best chance % hands down, especially for S rank weapons. Have you tried using a S+1 on the first grind? The chances are not as good. Using S+10's all the way is the best possible way for the the highest % chance at success. But, if you don't have any ridiculously high priced S+10's then S+9 would be your next best thing. Also, what has been said before, may luck be on your side. ^^

Try using only S+10's on a weapon and see what happens. Then you'll understand what overgrinding is.

Volcompat321
Jul 26, 2009, 07:05 PM

If you knew this, why post?
If it's something you want, and definitely don't want to break it, the best solution is to use the best grinders you have available. If I recall, the only 100% success with 3* luck, and no boost, is the first one, using the right grinder. (S+5 I think)'
Use a +5 for the first one, +8's til 5, +9 til 7, +10's for the rest is what I'd do.

Yes, I know that. If you use only S+10's then it will break on the 3rd or 4th. Or at least on the 360 ver. that's how it happens.

That is not true, there is NO negative effect from using too high a grinder. Just bad luck.

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 07:09 PM
If you knew this, why post?
If it's something you want, and definitely don't want to break it, the best solution is to use the best grinders you have available. If I recall, the only 100% success with 3* luck, and no boost, is the first one, using the right grinder. (S+5 I think)'
Use a +5 for the first one, +8's til 5, +9 til 7, +10's for the rest is what I'd do.

That is not true, there is NO negative effect from using too high a grinder. Just bad luck.

Really? Because when I try to start with high grinders it always breaks really fast.

Volcompat321
Jul 26, 2009, 07:12 PM
You have bad luck then.
A grind chart is the truth, look it up.
You will see absolutely NO negative on the list. Just lowered % as you go higher in grinds.
You won't see a negative % when starting with a high grinder.

PhdChristmas
Jul 26, 2009, 07:29 PM
-Use the weapon abit, kill acouple hundred mobs then grind it to 1/10

-kill another couple hundred mobs using that same weapon, probably a week later try for 2/10

-repeat until your satisfied.

-Not a 100% effective

Grinding is about numbers, sitting at the grind npc and doing grinds back to back has a higher chance of having the weapon break, than grinding 1 upgrade at a time at a random time/day/week/month/year.

Repeating a given gamble with X% chance of failure marginally increases that actual % for failure while the chance of success stays the same.

pinkace
Jul 26, 2009, 07:32 PM
What I do is grind several weapons from the same manufacturer at a time, keep them all at the same level, and right after you break one, try the one you REALLY don't want to break. This works for me.

It seems that the grind gods will rarely punish a person with braking two weapons in a row, let alone three. I know this isn't 'true', but what is truth anyways... truth is overrated.

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 08:20 PM
Trying volcom's method. Standby for rage.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR its 0/7 now. Anyone have a better way?

0/6 This method sucks.

nrdac8
Jul 26, 2009, 08:40 PM
well the thing is... i bet you dont even know what 1-luck or 2-luck or 3-luck is...
i guess you dont have luck on the server today you can see some stars flashing over your Charakter right beside the name...
ONLY if the Yellow Big Star in the middle is flashing you have 3-luck ...
and thats the time where grinds work best...
and volcoms method doesnt suck!! but you should better go use ONLY S+10 thats the highest chance to grade your weapon up with success.... and i have NEVER heard something worse than "Overgrinding" with +10s ... not true!!

so go get "3Luck!" someday...
go get s+10 grinders
go get 0/10 weapons
go grind it :p

and there is one more thing you might want to know....
in lategame you get 15% damageboost from 10/10 weapons only
9/9 worthless then... <.<

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 08:42 PM
well the thing is... i bet you dont even know what 1-luck or 2-luck or 3-luck is...
i guess you dont have luck on the server today you can see some stars flashing over your Charakter right beside the name...
ONLY if the Yellow Big Star in the middle is flashing you have 3-luck ...
and thats the time where grinds work best...
and volcoms method doesnt suck!! you should better go use ONLY S+10 thats the highest chance to grade your weapon up with success.... and i have NEVER head something worse than "Overgrinding" with +10s ... not true!!

Of course I know what luck is DERP, I have 3* luck today and plus I used 5 S+9s and i couldnt get it past 3.

nrdac8
Jul 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
oh wow im sry then sega might really not like you >.< :-?

no sry

maybe you have very bad luck...

try again...

thats the way how sega keeps you p(L)aying ( i dont like this way too :nono: )

Good Luck Next Time ....

and read the post on page2 i changed it :p

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 08:51 PM
Ok i just got my psycho up to 5/7 with S+5,7,8,8,9 Im afraid to upgrade it any more.

Alamar
Jul 26, 2009, 08:55 PM
I used A S+9 then S+10 on my KE to get it to +2 I will not go further until a bonus. If you want more then that. Grab the dice and gamble.

http://www.psupedia.info/Weapon_grinding

Here read this chart. to get an idea.

nrdac8
Jul 26, 2009, 08:59 PM
and i got an other idea for you...
in japan the servers just got GUARDIANS CASH ...
You can grind your weapons to 8/10 with it for real money :p
And you can repair broken ones from 0/8 to 0/9 and from 0/9 to 0/10 again...
but will be kinda expensive
now you should better not grind weapons you should level up PAs TEchnics and your Level :p

Alamar
Jul 26, 2009, 09:03 PM
Guardians cash... ha that's funny. They can't even keep the server going and they are going to handle all them requests for weapons and armor upgrades?

M1L3S PR0W3R
Jul 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
and i got an other idea for you...
in japan the servers just got GUARDIANS CASH ...
You can grind your weapons to 8/10 with it for real money :p
And you can repair broken ones from 0/8 to 0/9 and from 0/9 to 0/10 again...
but will be kinda expensive
now you should better not grind weapons you should level up PAs TEchnics and your Level :p

real money for upgrades? This is beginning to sound like those free mmo's where all of the best people just spend hundreds of bucks to get the best stuff.

nrdac8
Jul 26, 2009, 09:10 PM
yeah kind off but its not really like that

everybody still can get everything...

you might want to read about it here

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166001

well you should really not care about grinding stuff till next boost...
you should get you Technics high that will do a LOT of more damage... :)

i hope i helped you but i gotta sleep now ...

ashley50
Jul 26, 2009, 10:30 PM
sucks to be you :P

Freeze
Jul 26, 2009, 10:39 PM
PSU's grinding system sucks plain and simple, That's why I never grind anything pass 3 or 4 because when ever I did try it even with event boost it alway breaks.

pinkace
Jul 26, 2009, 11:49 PM
I grind Yohmei stuff all the time, almost never breaks.

I think that based on your ID number you have a certain 'preferred' manufacturer that grinds well, and one that breaks all the time. it is the only logical explanation; Tenora and Kubara stuff breaks for me all the time!!