PDA

View Full Version : PSU Xbox 360 updates

S.B.M.
Jul 28, 2009, 01:34 PM
It's usually really hard for me to find
information about PSU so I have a
question to which I can't find an answer.

When do 360 servers get updates?
Like when will we get the motav prophecy and
items like that?

PekingDuck13
Jul 28, 2009, 01:42 PM
Server Maintenance happens on Thursday nights and that's when they update the game if there is an update scheduled. Check the official site for update news. As for Motav Prophecy, isn't that one of the new Guardian's cash only weapons? We probably won't see that on 360 for at least 9 months if ever.

Calsetes
Jul 28, 2009, 02:04 PM
Like Peking said, we get updates on Thursday nights going into Friday. It's not every week, but they do post it on the site if there is anything added at all. As for the stuff in the supplemental update, if the 360 is getting it too (and I don't see why they wouldn't, unless it's purely "they don't feel like porting all of it for use on 360"), we won't get that until a good 6 or 9 months down the road. As far as the items you're hoping for though, you won't be able to buy them or sell them - as far as I know, they're account-bound from the pay-for-play missions, meaning you need to buy a ticket to do a mission, then run it, and pray it drops and you get it.

On a side note, I really hope they somehow implement those account-bound items with their own drop setting, like how they have it in portable - the stuff that can't be traded goes to everyone in the party if it drops, just with different percentages and stuff. Yeah, a bit cheap, a bit of a ripoff, but I'd feel more cheated if I paid to try for "super-awesome twin saber weapon A" and it went to the guy who only plays gunmaster characters and would never use a twin saber to save his life.

S.B.M.
Jul 28, 2009, 02:18 PM
Well thank you all. Is there anyway to transfer accounts from 360 to pc servers?
Does PSP offer online play? Are pc servers better?

Calsetes
Jul 28, 2009, 02:30 PM
1. Nope, 360 is on 360, and PC is on PC, although PC and PS2 are interchangeable (they run on the same server).

2. PSP does (technically) offer online play if you have the means to connect, either via something like X-link kai or whatever it is, or through the PSP Party app available for download through the PS3 store (but this last one needs a PS3 hooked up with a wired connection).

3. PC servers are the same as the 360 servers, just no voicechat available in-game (you would need something like Ventrilo or some other third-party program to do it), and a LOT less population. Other than that, PC and 360 have the same stuff available to them.

S.B.M.
Jul 28, 2009, 02:45 PM
So 360 are the more populated servers?
If ur on 360 u should add me Im a pretty noobish
techer but u might enjoy my company.

Gamertag=spense1992
add if u want MSg me too if u would.

Pikel_Reaper
Jul 28, 2009, 02:49 PM
Quite, I agree.

S.B.M.
Jul 29, 2009, 01:30 PM
Ok so I'm having soloing issues.
Alot of the time I don't have friends
online, or I can't find a groupto join.
So I attempt to solo the new mission
b runs. I lose all scape dolls fighting the
first room. All those megids. Lvl 62 newman
lvl 8 wartecher. Any advice and I'll b ur best friend thanks.

Maboroshi Daikon
Jul 29, 2009, 01:47 PM
Ok so I'm having soloing issues.
Alot of the time I don't have friends
online, or I can't find a groupto join.
So I attempt to solo the new mission
b runs. I lose all scape dolls fighting the
first room. All those megids. Lvl 62 newman
lvl 8 wartecher. Any advice and I'll b ur best friend thanks.

I haven't checked prices on them recently, but look for a :dark: De Colte Line. The low percent ones are probably fairly cheep right now.

Having 21 END (De Colte Line adds 20) will make you immune to level 1 Megid. At 30 END you'll be mostly immune to level 2. The only megid you'll have to worry about will be the carriguines. Jarba's will still be able to kill you with megid, but not quite as often.

The other option is to run through all of the ep 3 story missions and hope for a lucky Vijeri Resist drop from Howzer :)

S.B.M.
Jul 29, 2009, 02:12 PM
What drops psycho wands? Or their boards?

JAFO22000
Jul 29, 2009, 02:13 PM
I haven't checked prices on them recently, but look for a :dark: De Colte Line. The low percent ones are probably fairly cheep right now.

Having 21 END (De Colte Line adds 20) will make you immune to level 1 Megid. At 30 END you'll be mostly immune to level 2. The only megid you'll have to worry about will be the carriguines. Jarba's will still be able to kill you with megid, but not quite as often.

The other option is to run through all of the ep 3 story missions and hope for a lucky Vijeri Resist drop from Howzer :)

What about using skill to avoid being hit by megid? Is that not the "cool" thing to do anymore???

Calsetes
Jul 29, 2009, 02:27 PM
Techers sometimes have problems avoiding it, especially those without har / quick units. Still, more experience will only improve his abilities.

S.B.M.
Jul 29, 2009, 02:32 PM
Techers sometimes have problems avoiding it, especially those without har / quick units. Still, more experience will only improve his abilities.

Dude u have the best advice... I do have har/quick. But it still seems if I'm casting on one the other fucks me up with Megid

Maboroshi Daikon
Jul 29, 2009, 02:37 PM
What about using skill to avoid being hit by megid? Is that not the "cool" thing to do anymore???

'Cause that's been working out pretty well for them already, right? Skill takes some time to acquire and just telling people, "you suck," doesn't really help them much, does it?

Even with skill, you can't avoid every megid and having some extra END when soloing a room filled with deljabans can really help out. Especially if you're primarily a melee character that gets stuck in long, slow moving PAs like most of the Wartecher ones.

I will say this as additional advice for a Wartecher: Renzan Seidan-ga, the twin claws PA is your friend when fighting Jarbas, though you'll need to learn when to get out before they start using their ice attack (dambarta). It's not too bad agains Carriguine either. You also have cards where you can attack and move at the same time, though Wartechers only get level 20 bullets which limits their effectiveness.

What drops psycho wands? Or their boards?

This one looks like it got lost in the noise :) Psycho wands are an area drop, so they will drop off of any creature in an area that has them, which is most, if not all, relic sites. If you can run Protector's Gamma (the first mission in our current event) on S rank, the "B" route has the possibility of dropping them.

They are extremely rare, however, so I'd recommend saving to buy one if they're still fairly cheep. We've had some events in which they can drop so the price is a little lower than normal. You may want to spam Protector's Gamma on S-rank as much as you can as well. You'll need the diad that drops near the end of the mission. In fact, you'll need 30 of them.

Calsetes
Jul 29, 2009, 02:49 PM
Well, as a wartecher, then you may have to just make the Jarbas a priority and melee them. I'd say follow Maboroshi's advice then and try to stay behind them while you beat on them with the PA they suggested. If you see the other getting ready to throw a megid ball at you (without seeing one in front of me, I'm drawing a blank on what the animation looks like, it's his usual casting animation though), then just move sideways so it misses you. Going solo against those guys is pretty tedious, since you have to constantly back out of range of a possible megid ball (which could turn out to be him buffing, and usually is).

If you are having trouble dodging, then do their other suggestion - grab a Vijeri resist or a dark De Colte line to help you out. They'll probably cost a pretty penny though, so be warned.

JAFO22000
Jul 30, 2009, 10:42 AM
'Cause that's been working out pretty well for them already, right? Skill takes some time to acquire and just telling people, "you suck," doesn't really help them much, does it?

I never said that anyone "sucked" or not. I just found it funny that the only solutions given to this kid was "buy stuff to make you immune". How does that advice improve his skill. I was just pointing out that there are other options, such as trying to figure out how to best fight the jarba as a wartecher.

Even with skill, you can't avoid every megid and having some extra END when soloing a room filled with deljabans can really help out. Especially if you're primarily a melee character that gets stuck in long, slow moving PAs like most of the Wartecher ones.

I disagree with this statement. Sure, if there are 6-8 megid tossing enemies in a small space it is harder to avoid being hit but these jarbas only spawn two at a time so, with a little patience, it IS possible to avoid every megid in this room.

That being said, the best weapon for a Wartecher fighting a Jarba is the bow. I would suggest either Fire or Dark bullets; Fire will cause the most damage to the Jarba because they are ice and Dark bullet has a chance of infecting the Jarba, which will cause additional damage for a short period of time. If you stay far away from the Jarba while shooting it with the bow, the only attack that it can hit you with is Megid and they telegraph this move with an audible inhalation before casting. When you hear the inhalation sound effect just move two steps to the right or left and avoid the attack which you should see coming in plenty of time if you are at bow range. If there are more than one Jarba on the screen, postion your character so that you can see both of them and avoid megid shot by either of them.

Calsetes
Jul 30, 2009, 11:51 AM
If there are more than one Jarba on the screen, postion your character so that you can see both of them and avoid megid shot by either of them.

That's how I try to do it when fighting multiple megiding enemies, no matter if it's melee, guns, or techs. I highly recommend this method, as you can avoid most if not all megids like this (hell, any kind of ranged tech, really).

Maboroshi Daikon
Jul 30, 2009, 01:31 PM
I never said that anyone "sucked" or not. I just found it funny that the only solutions given to this kid was "buy stuff to make you immune". How does that advice improve his skill. I was just pointing out that there are other options, such as trying to figure out how to best fight the jarba as a wartecher.

There was only one possible solution offered at that point and the only "advice" you offered was that he wasn't skilled enough. Or perhaps that everyone else was too "cool" to want to use skill, I guess.

I disagree with this statement. Sure, if there are 6-8 megid tossing enemies in a small space it is harder to avoid being hit but these jarbas only spawn two at a time so, with a little patience, it IS possible to avoid every megid in this room.

Every path in protectors delta actually has a room full of 5-6 deljabans somewhere, so if he was having trouble at the beginning, the later areas would be worse. And really, what's wrong with a few training wheels to help you not get punished overly harshly when trying to learn the game? It's not like 20 END on a De Colte Line will make megid harmless. You still want to avoid them because they do damage.

It also depends on your play style. I avoid them when possible, but I don't sit at the edge of their range and ping them from as far away as possible either.

That being said, the best weapon for a Wartecher fighting a Jarba is the bow. I would suggest either Fire or Dark bullets; Fire will cause the most damage to the Jarba because they are ice and Dark bullet has a chance of infecting the Jarba, which will cause additional damage for a short period of time. If you stay far away from the Jarba while shooting it with the bow, the only attack that it can hit you with is Megid and they telegraph this move with an audible inhalation before casting. When you hear the inhalation sound effect just move two steps to the right or left and avoid the attack which you should see coming in plenty of time if you are at bow range. If there are more than one Jarba on the screen, postion your character so that you can see both of them and avoid megid shot by either of them.

Keep in mind that a Wartecher is limited to level 20 bullets and A-Rank bows. It's not too bad, I guess, but on higher levels that may take quite a while. In either case, is it really that much safer than using techs at range with a 1-hand rod or TCSM? I'd expect a Newman Wartecher is going to be doing more damage with Diga or Foie.

Personally, with my level 75 Human Wartecher, my ice claws seem to be a lot more effective. I do have a freeze resist to help out (which should be available for dirt cheap) when I get hit by the occasional unexpected GiBarta.

S.B.M.-
If we haven't chased you off yet, there's a lot of good tips listed in the thread. I'd recommend trying them all and seeing what works best for you.

S.B.M.
Jul 30, 2009, 01:53 PM
There was only one possible solution offered at that point and the only "advice" you offered was that he wasn't skilled enough. Or perhaps that everyone else was too "cool" to want to use skill, I guess.

Every path in protectors delta actually has a room full of 5-6 deljabans somewhere, so if he was having trouble at the beginning, the later areas would be worse. And really, what's wrong with a few training wheels to help you not get punished overly harshly when trying to learn the game? It's not like 20 END on a De Colte Line will make megid harmless. You still want to avoid them because they do damage.

It also depends on your play style. I avoid them when possible, but I don't sit at the edge of their range and ping them from as far away as possible either.

Keep in mind that a Wartecher is limited to level 20 bullets and A-Rank bows. It's not too bad, I guess, but on higher levels that may take quite a while. In either case, is it really that much safer than using techs at range with a 1-hand rod or TCSM? I'd expect a Newman Wartecher is going to be doing more damage with Diga or Foie.

Personally, with my level 75 Human Wartecher, my ice claws seem to be a lot more effective. I do have a freeze resist to help out (which should be available for dirt cheap) when I get hit by the occasional unexpected GiBarta.

S.B.M.-
If we haven't chased you off yet, there's a lot of good tips listed in the thread. I'd recommend trying them all and seeing what works best for you.

Awesome absolutely fantastic advice from all of u.
I'm runnin b ranks with just me and my PM now. Just avoid megid. I have dark armor. Using debuffs also seems to work well, and with my new har / quick to cast and run before theycan even cast. Thank you all. Your arguments truly enlightened me. XD

JAFO22000
Jul 30, 2009, 02:32 PM

My alt is a Level 119 Beast Wartecher. I prefer the bow over techs for Jarbas because:

A: You can hit them from a further range. The further you are away from them, the easier it is to dodge the megid AND you don't have to worry about any other attack they have.

B: You get about 2-3 shots off in the time it takes to cast one tech (keep in mind that the majority of time playing this character was pre-TCSMs).

C: Jarbas are tech resistant.

D: The status effects for the dark and fire bullets on the bow will really help you take them down quickly

There is a reason that the Hunter classes were deemed "useless" when everyone was running Sea Lab missions: Meleeing a Jarba is not good for your health (that and "The pre-nerf Mizunas had a VERY high evasion, making them a pain in the ass for fighters!).

Just my OPINION. OP, I agree that you should try all of the suggestions here and see what works best for you.

Maboroshi Daikon
Jul 30, 2009, 03:34 PM
My alt is a Level 119 Beast Wartecher. I prefer the bow over techs for Jarbas because:

A: You can hit them from a further range. The further you are away from them, the easier it is to dodge the megid AND you don't have to worry about any other attack they have.

B: You get about 2-3 shots off in the time it takes to cast one tech (keep in mind that the majority of time playing this character was pre-TCSMs).

C: Jarbas are tech resistant.

Ah, I haven't run with my techer in a while (she's only lvl 75 like my WT), so I had forgotten Jarbas are Tech resistant. Good points.

I'm used to my FiGunner and using either twin handguns or going in full bore with claws or double-sabers :)

D: The status effects for the dark and fire bullets on the bow will really help you take them down quickly

Which is why I had thought the techs might help as they're a status level higher (4 VS 3 for bow) for WT. Especially Diga as that should prevent them from casting Megid in the first place. Though, maybe not... dunno if Megid is a Jarba spell or ability :P

There is a reason that the Hunter classes were deemed "useless" when everyone was running Sea Lab missions: Meleeing a Jarba is not good for your health (that and "The pre-nerf Mizunas had a VERY high evasion, making them a pain in the ass for fighters!).

Just my OPINION. OP, I agree that you should try all of the suggestions here and see what works best for you.

Yes, I remember the Mizunas rather not fondly... The jarbas were a pain, but mostly because there weren't many defenses against Megid and there were 4-5 of them all at once, weren't there? I think I was ForteFighter at the time as well, so no nifty twin-handguns to help with the dodging, just Vande Val to hopefully take out as many of them as possible :D

S.B.M.
Jul 30, 2009, 04:03 PM
Alright all u smart people new argument.
I only use technics I'm almost lvl 10 wartecher and I don't think my character has ever touched a melée weapon, maybe a handgun but that's it for ranged.
Knowing this, would anyone agree that I should b a masterforce over
a fortetecher?

Anduril
Jul 30, 2009, 04:40 PM
I think that might be a given if you don't even use the melee emphasis of Wartecher.

S.B.M.
Jul 30, 2009, 04:45 PM
I think that might be a given if you don't even use the melee emphasis of Wartecher.

Well I mean I only was a wartech because it's needed for MF, but now I'm hearin fortetecher is better than MF

Anduril
Jul 30, 2009, 04:50 PM
Well until you get your TECHs to lv40, FT is better since the really advantage MF has over FT is the 41+ TECHs, and if you don't have those even the speed boost isn't enough to put you on equal footing. Well, at least that's how I see it until we eventually get the supplemental update.

Calsetes
Jul 31, 2009, 08:54 AM
Alright, my friend, who's a bit of a techer enthusiast, gave me this advice should I ever try the techer classes, and it might be something worth considering:

If you try as a Fortetecher, you might have a better chance with staves and rods as opposed to a wand / TCSM combo because as a Fortetecher you have slightly better stats than the Masterforce, and you would want heavy-hitting magic weapons to get the most bang for your buck. As a Masterforce, you want to emphasize the increased speed and the higher-level techs, so you would want to stick with something like a wand / TCSM combo over a rod or staff - you would hit with a little less force, but your cast speed is a lot faster than with a two-handed weapon.

Then again, this is all advice I'm hearing from a friend and passing along without trying it myself (I think my highest tech is a buff at 15 or so, maybe even 21), so take that for what it is. If you're using mostly magic and not melee or ranged that much, then I would say try using Fortetecher, you might end up liking it a lot more. If you want to ease into it, and if you use guns a lot more than melee, then try your hand at Guntecher - it's more than a ranger who can heal.

JAFO22000
Jul 31, 2009, 09:52 AM
Well until you get your TECHs to lv40, FT is better since the really advantage MF has over FT is the 41+ TECHs, and if you don't have those even the speed boost isn't enough to put you on equal footing. Well, at least that's how I see it until we eventually get the supplemental update.

This is the best advice for you. There is really no reason to be a MF until you get your techs to 40. At a lower level, I would recommend FT over MF for the increase in HP alone, not to mention any of the other advantages. Once you cap FT and get some of your techs to 40, you may want to consider switching to MF and seeing how it works for you.

Remember that MF doesn't replace FT, it's just a different class.