PDA

View Full Version : Blast Furnace, Arizona.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 28, 2009, 09:34 PM
117 today. And we broke a record low, the lowest was 92, now it's 93 degrees.

Randomness
Jul 28, 2009, 10:21 PM
Uh... You meant 93 and 92, right?

And wow, I don't think it's ever gotten near that hot here up north. (MN)

Nitro Vordex
Jul 28, 2009, 11:20 PM
No. On this date, the lowest point of the entire 24 hours used to be 92. Now it's 93.

Basically, we broke the highest low record.

Volcompat321
Jul 29, 2009, 07:23 AM
Your crazy, I would have moved out of that hot state a long ass time ago.
Although, Arizona is a different kind of heat than Florida. You guys have low humidity, right?
It's the humidity that kills us.

Outrider
Jul 29, 2009, 09:19 AM
Jesus.

You should move to a state that isn't so obvious about it's hatred towards humanity.

TalHex
Jul 29, 2009, 10:54 AM
i'm surprised you don't go outside and find roasted pigeons with those temperatures

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
Your crazy, I would have moved out of that hot state a long ass time ago.
Although, Arizona is a different kind of heat than Florida. You guys have low humidity, right?
It's the humidity that kills us.
IT'S A DRY HEAT. /tourist

Yeah, we don't usually get humidity, due to having relatively few natural bodies of water around. Rain is kinda scarce as well.

Though uh, humidity and dew point can rise during the summer monsoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Monsoon).

Get some awesome looking clouds, though, along with some wicked lightning storms.
[spoiler-box]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/30/Azmonsoon.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
I have a few pictures that I took of some rain clouds, I'll upload them in a bit.

Also, when the monsoon rolls around here, you hope to god that your electricity doesn't go out.

>100 degree temperatures+>40% humidity+your house inside=:dead:

@Outrider: Where the hell would I go? Due to living out here, I personally can't stand the cold. I think anything lower than 70 is cold. Everybody else here loves the cold. (I don't know if that's irony or obviously.)

Randomness
Jul 29, 2009, 11:53 AM
Haha. I can't stand heat myself, I love the cold. I don't start wearing a jacket until the wind chill is falling below 50 or so.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2009, 11:55 AM
I've started to grow EIC resistance to cold, due to one of my friends being from California.

/offtopic: You nurds that go to California for the summer/come from California need to shut the hell up about how awesome it is. The people who don't go, really don't give a shit.

Outrider
Jul 29, 2009, 12:15 PM
We generally have hot summers AND cold winters, though I can think of only a handful of times that the temperature has hit 80 or higher this summer.

Man, this summer has sucked.

astuarlen
Jul 29, 2009, 12:29 PM
Arizona sounds like a cannibal's paradise. The meat cooks itself! Slow roasted, just like I like.

I don't care for cold weather either, despite having lived in northern IL my whole life (which, ok, it isn't like Canada or Siberia or the dark side of the moon, but it gets subzero in the winter, and I think that qualifies as shivver weather). But on the other hand I can't imagine what 117 feels like, and I also can't/don't want to imagine your electricity bills in the summer. We've been blessed by a cool, dry summer here (85 is the highest so far this July), which I wish would continue in perpetuity. I'm definitely a product of the climate control age, as I abhor both hot and cold.

Vaguely on topic: I want to go somewhere deserty and hunt find, with miraculously little effort, fulgurites.

Outrider
Jul 29, 2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.killerinstinctonline.net/images/fulgore2.jpg

Fulgore?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 29, 2009, 04:17 PM
We generally have hot summers AND cold winters, though I can think of only a handful of times that the temperature has hit 80 or higher this summer.

Man, this summer has sucked.

In Merced, our Summers hit 110+ for brief periods, and our Winters hover around 32 for brief periods. Not quite cold enough for snow, but altogether hot enough for heat strokes. We have low humidity, but it's higher than in Arizona. We get a little taste of both worlds.

Volcompat321
Jul 29, 2009, 04:35 PM
Here in Florida, we don't really get too hot, I think it's just that I'm from Boston, so I enjoy the cold more.
Florida has gotten about 96 so far this summer, and the hurricane season is coming up (within a couple weeks now) so we will see even more humid days, which sucks balls.
I live in a fairly lucky area, we don't get hit too hard with hurricanes, but we do get enough it mildly floods. Another lucky part about where I am, is I'm on a slight "hill" type thing, so my house is the only house on the street that doesn't get hit with the flood water :D
Also, the power rarely goes out, which is awesome cause I can keep my A/c on at all times lol.
Here's a picture of my house, you cant really see the little hill thing, but it's enough to stop flooding. Also, don't mind my grass, I don't really take care of it lol. (it's a bit greener and healthier now) (took the pic off google maps since I don't have any pics on my camera)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/Volcompat321/thehouse.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Randomness
Jul 29, 2009, 04:35 PM
Haha. Winter usually doesn't get into the single digits up here too often, but the wind chill does.

Actually, this last winter, we had three thaws. We'd have the snow almost gone, then we'd get another foot or so dumped on us.