PDA

View Full Version : State/Maintenance??

qu35t3rn
Aug 2, 2009, 05:37 PM
After looking through the units section of this site, I have yet to find a unit that is equivalent to the PSO unit State/Maintenance. Is there really nothing like that, or am I totally missing it?

Magus_84
Aug 2, 2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/2831/lumirus___maintenance/

and http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/2832/cati___maintenance/

Those are the closest equivalents to PSO v2's State/Maintenance.

However, on PSO Ep 1 and 2 (GC), along with PSO on XBOX and Blue Burst, the State/Maintenance unit was removed, and its function split into several different Cure/ units. Cure/Freeze, Cure/Shock, etc

Those units' function are matched by the /Resist units in PSU. Freeze/Resist, Shock/Resist, etc

All of them can be found in the Body Units section of the Item Database for PSO.

Dhylec
Aug 2, 2009, 06:45 PM
State/Maintenance made PSO too easy in term of stat resistance & it wasn't hard to get. Let's hope Lumirus / Maintenance & Cati / Maintenance are very scarce. PSU isn't hard enough to make good use of these units.

Magus_84
Aug 2, 2009, 07:27 PM
State/Maintenance made PSO too easy in term of stat resistance & it wasn't hard to get. Let's hope Lumirus / Maintenance & Cati / Maintenance are very scarce. PSU isn't hard enough to make good use of these units.

I disagree. In v2, the inability of any character to be both Shocked and Paralyzed (shock was droid-only, para was fleshie-only) meant that you only had to worry about one of those, and Freeze. Freeze could be manually broken out of. And as v2 was limited to only Episode 1...there weren't that many status effects around anyway.

In Ep1 and 2/BB, State/Maintenance would have been far more useful. Ep2 was a status effect hell, and they made it so fleshies could be shocked. Sol Atomizers were a pain to buy, too. Unfortunately, it wasn't available there. :(

In PSU, though...I still disagree. Lumirus/Cati have a downside to them (lower DFP or EVP), and most people only carry around three Resist/ units anyway (Sleep, Stun, Freeze).

Lumirus/Cati will save you two inventory slots and the hassle of switching in those few missions that contain a combination of Sleep, Stun and Freeze. The other statii won't stop you from using an Antimate or a Sol Atomizer.

Now, if they protected against Megid, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you. But you'd still need a Vijeri/Resist for that.