PDA

View Full Version : Do you know the feeling...

Mysterious-G
Aug 3, 2009, 04:00 PM
..that you want to buy anything to just spend some money, because you have so much of it? :O

Seriously, sometimes I take a look at my pocket and just have to treat my friends with ice or whatever. Sometimes. ;x
To increase my good reputation thinking I cannot please them with any other good stuffs like my attitudes..? Who knows.....

Outrider
Aug 3, 2009, 04:17 PM
I go out to eat way too much and I've been picking up several (heavily discounted!) games a month. I have a serious problem.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2009, 04:19 PM
..that you want to buy anything to just spend some money, because you have so much of it? :O

Seriously, sometimes I take a look at my pocket and just have to treat my friends with ice or whatever. Sometimes. ;x
To increase my good reputation thinking I cannot please them with any other good stuffs like my attitudes..? Who knows.....
I now consider you a prick.

Mysterious-G
Aug 3, 2009, 04:19 PM
Hihi, I made my first sentence sound crummy on purpose. n_n....
(Noticed the extra large gap between the lines?)

But after I stopped buying games (and no, I am not downloading them, either), or any other big things I really started to save up more and more money.

I do not need a new console. No new game. Hell, thinking about it, I do not really need anything new. That all is stuff that you will soon not use anymore, anyway! So why even bother buying it?

That's why I can afford the little things way more often. The bad thing is, I also stopped eating sweets to a large extent. So I save that money aswell.......

So yeah, sometimes I really feel the need to spend my money on stuff I do not even really want, just because saving it all up would seem odd to me.

But hey, I am still a kiddo. I will get into financial problems eventually, too, probably. Not hoping for that, though.

DreXxiN
Aug 3, 2009, 08:31 PM
Compulsive buying: Don't do it. It's destroying my family as we speak.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2009, 08:37 PM
Hihi, I made my first sentence sound crummy on purpose. n_n....
(Noticed the extra large gap between the lines?)

But after I stopped buying games (and no, I am not downloading them, either), or any other big things I really started to save up more and more money.

I do not need a new console. No new game. Hell, thinking about it, I do not really need anything new. That all is stuff that you will soon not use anymore, anyway! So why even bother buying it?

That's why I can afford the little things way more often. The bad thing is, I also stopped eating sweets to a large extent. So I save that money aswell.......

So yeah, sometimes I really feel the need to spend my money on stuff I do not even really want, just because saving it all up would seem odd to me.

But hey, I am still a kiddo. I will get into financial problems eventually, too, probably. Not hoping for that, though.
Oh, well if you saved up money, that I can respect.

Kylie
Aug 3, 2009, 08:50 PM
Depends on my mood, but yeah, they say that the money is "burning a hole in your pocket" when your feel that way.

biggabertha
Aug 4, 2009, 04:27 AM
Save up for a house - then try to keep the roof in check if it rains a lot.

Seriously... £600 for a new roof.... man....

W0LB0T
Aug 4, 2009, 04:45 AM
have[/I] to treat my friends with ice or whatever. Sometimes. ;x

That sounds...bad.

I do love buying pointless junk. But I've been laying off recently.

Firocket1690
Aug 5, 2009, 02:25 AM
I only recently discovered that a good part of the mundane boredom of being/living/eating with parents is that my parents always go to the same few restaurants. Father simply always eats some kind of asian food, usually Chinese. Mother always goes to one of .. seven or so pricey nice restaurants nearby. Not that the food's bad by any means, but its repetitive as all hell.

That said, I've been going to the city alone to check out new places, or just Whole Foods' salad bar. Their sweet chilli salmon is my new love. and fresh sushi? ohgod. Yeah, going out alone to WF, or trying some new restaurants is usually around $20 each for me, but it's .. worth it. :/

Honestly, I'd rather just.. not eat than go to the same few places with parents.

In terms of other spending habits.. I buy hard drives every couple years, just spent $240 on a pair of 500GB externals.

I don't buy as many games as I used to, my closest friend has a HDTV and all three consoles. I have a decent laptop, and a mbp, so hardware-wise, I'm fairly set. We share a lot of stuff amongst the few of us. Although, I recently dug out my PS1 (distant uncle visited in 2005, it was a gift) and started eBaying up PS1 games. x) at $10~$20 apiece, a PS1 is a fairly cheap hobby.

Legally, I'm unemployed. 'least 'til fall, when I become a TA at Nyu/Poly. I help one of my friends churn out articles, and blog posts. He's got this thing with Google ads partnering or whatever. For now, I just help mother with her business stuff on occasion, and she fuels my plastic. It works, I guess.

Volcompat321
Aug 5, 2009, 02:48 AM
I don't think I've ever really had lots of cash to compulsive spend.
I was always made to save my money. My step-dad always made me. I think it was a great idea though, but not til I was old enough to realize it was help.
I always took my check and deposited half into the bank. Great idea, make your future kids do it :D

SabZero
Aug 5, 2009, 07:28 AM

Fighting urge to mug....

Anyway, I'm currently struggling to get the renovation of my house together. It's a historical house, so it's complicated, it needs approval and so forth. Since I'm paying a mortgage on it, this will eat more then my funds.

You could donate your excess money, then you can bunk for a week or so. Once it's usable.:roll: :???:

Outrider
Aug 5, 2009, 10:48 AM
My grandmother has always told me to save at least 10% of every paycheck I get.

A great idea that sounds very easy - but it can be hard to do once rent, utilities, other monthly payments & major purchases start getting in the way.

Shadowpawn
Aug 5, 2009, 12:09 PM

Yeah...I can't relate to that. I have trouble just keeping a decent amount in the bank. >_>

Volcompat321
Aug 5, 2009, 04:21 PM
My grandmother has always told me to save at least 10% of every paycheck I get.

A great idea that sounds very easy - but it can be hard to do once rent, utilities, other monthly payments & major purchases start getting in the way.

Yea I agree. I moved out of my moms house the day after I turned 18. Eventually I moved back in when I turned 20 :( but in those two years I think at most I had 30 dollars because it was spent on bills or stuff for the house :(
It's a great idea until you turn 18 (or when you start having major responsibilities)
After that, the money just seems to disappear:-?

Leviathan
Aug 5, 2009, 05:20 PM
Sometimes I feel like I should so I treat everyone to some movies and Chinese food. Or sometimes I'll just donate it to WWF.

Volcompat321
Aug 5, 2009, 05:44 PM
I used to be able to do that...When I was like 17, I had 2 jobs cause I graduated high school early. After that though, I was always poor.
I think I was pretty stupid with my money. I wish I could go back and stop being stupid with it.