PDA

View Full Version : Orpa / Concentrate??

Anon_Fire
Aug 4, 2009, 02:04 PM
I was looking through the Units section on PSUPedia and i came across this one:

Orpa / Concentrate

Anyone know how much bullet range it gives you?

Poignantswine
Aug 4, 2009, 02:06 PM
Are you supposed to add water?

Ellipsis...
Aug 4, 2009, 02:10 PM

Are we supposed to laugh?

Neith
Aug 4, 2009, 02:12 PM
I may be missing the point here, but / Concentrate units have nothing to do with bullet range. They slow down TECHNIC casting speed to increase damage. I'd assume Orpa / Concentrate would be the same, as Hizeri / Concentrate does the same thing.

Hrith
Aug 4, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hizeri / Concentrate also increases casting range.

Anon_Fire
Aug 4, 2009, 02:17 PM
this is an Arm Unit, not a head unit

Poignantswine
Aug 4, 2009, 02:18 PM
Nope. You're supposed to go "Oh, good lord! Why did he have to post the most obvious, stupid smartass joke he could think of?! I'd better post to let him know he could have done better."

You've done well. Ignore me.

On to the conversation.

I'd actually like to know about this range-boost as well.
though I'm also not seeing it under arm unit listings

DreXxiN
Aug 4, 2009, 02:40 PM
Nope. You're supposed to go "Oh, good lord! Why did he have to post the most obvious, stupid smartass joke he could think of?! I'd better post to let him know he could have done better."

You've done well. Ignore me.

On to the conversation.

I'd actually like to know about this range-boost as well.
though I'm also not seeing it under arm unit listings

Swing and a miss.

I just know that twin pistols will have rifle range, lol.

Volcompat321
Aug 4, 2009, 02:53 PM
:o :o:o:o

Calsetes
Aug 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
And rifles will have HOLYSHITSHOTHIMFROM3BLOCKSAWAY range. And lasers might actually be able to hit De Rol Le without standing right on the edge of the raft, so close where the water gets in your shoes and really bothers the crap out of you, because you know he's not going to drop anything good anyway.

Ellipsis...
Aug 4, 2009, 03:38 PM
The rifle will probably have range similar to that one Ultimate Bow PA. Even more curious is what the range on that Bow PA will be.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 4, 2009, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Bow PA? What in the name of Gordon Freeman is that?

Ethateral
Aug 4, 2009, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Bow PA? What in the name of Gordon Freeman is that?

Those are taboo. Don't speak of them!

The_Brimada
Aug 4, 2009, 04:42 PM
The rifle will probably have range similar to that one Ultimate Bow PA. Even more curious is what the range on that Bow PA will be.

I was just thinking the same thing but I doubt we'd be able to hit the worm bosses still. I can already. Kill those mini things that it shoots out when they're are further back then the head is, but can't hit the head still for some strange reason.

Tyreek
Aug 4, 2009, 05:35 PM
I think now is the time to pull out this video. A visual demonstration for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKyWLCSpmPI
Courtesy of ElementSteel from Youtube.

Anon_Fire
Aug 5, 2009, 11:01 AM
Yes, Thats the Orpa/Concentrate I was talking about.

Ceresa
Aug 5, 2009, 11:12 AM
That's a pretty horrible increase in range considering you have to give up 360-400 atp from units. Why would I want to lose 400atp x 5-10 on shotgun bullets for some range on a weapon that you should be using pointblank anyways. Rifle range is already safely out of range of monster attacks and has plenty of range for the flying bosses that makes sacrificing damage for range a poor tradeoff. Monsters don't spawn far enough away for lasers to benefit unless you waste a ton of time running away from them

And on and on for every weapon, it's a junk unit.

LuigiMario
Aug 5, 2009, 02:10 PM

This forum still has random people and their random posts I see.

Calsetes
Aug 5, 2009, 02:44 PM
I want a unit to make my laser beams wider. That would be AWESOME.

Hey, a man can dream, can't he?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 5, 2009, 02:51 PM
I want a unit to make my laser beams wider. That would be AWESOME.

Hey, a man can dream, can't he?

I received some spam mail that I think would solve all of your girth problems.

Anyway, this unit is only out Offline so far, so when (if?) it comes out online, it might be changed to include stat increases or decreases, and have some functionality changes. Don't get your hopes up (not that this is something worth getting hopes up about!)

Calsetes
Aug 5, 2009, 03:02 PM
I received some spam mail that I think would solve all of your girth problems.

Ever see Yes Man? Love that part...

Shou
Aug 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
This unit makes me LOL. SEGAC will give gunners a unit that doubles ALL bullet range and fighters units that raise there power by extraordinary amounts.

But when it comes to techers we get units like:

Lumira Spread- Slows tech casting to snail pace and increases range of techs by only 50% (oh but get this, it is not talking about the explosion's radius or how wide a line tech is but how far it goes or is casted)

Har Smart/Quick- Decreases casting time with practically no downside, however, it doesn't bring techers anywhere near the strength of gunners and fighters.

All other techer units are just lol and to point out why would be an insult to your intelligence.

Balance anyone? Balance? :shakes SEGAC:

RAGNAGELPPOD
Aug 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
Well the Gun range doesnt seem to double from use of the unit. It looks like a 15-20% increase at most.

Also , techs don't miss so theres no force equvalent of a cati/hit ( etc).

What forces could use is a unit that made ra spells hit multiple points on a single target, or a unit that made their casting so slow but boosted their tp so high that Ra-spells would be like jabrogens that hit once instead of twice.

Anon_Fire
Aug 5, 2009, 06:04 PM
For example:

Like Cati / Concentrate, Which increases firearm range by 120%

Try figuring out how much Firearm range Orpa / Concentrate will increase by

Shou
Aug 5, 2009, 07:13 PM
From the looks of it, it looks like a good 50% range boost to me expecially with the mechgun and shottie. This unit looks amazing O_O