PDA

View Full Version : Favorite weapons and PAs?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 4, 2009, 10:05 PM
We all know that there are some weapon types and Arts out there that are usually seen as the most efficient for getting through certain situations. This isn't the topic of this thread. This is about the weapons and PAs you like the most (that is, unless you like weapon types and Arts because of their practicality, and there's nothing wrong with that.) So, PSO-World, share with me your favorite tools of the trade. You can either just choose a pair of overall favorites, or choose favorites for each character you use. Or you can go into further detail if you like, such as specific weapons within that type or favorite PAs for each weapon.

I am doing the latter.

Mazarin ( As a Fighgunner: )

Weapon: Twin Claws. Even if I can only get A-ranks, these weapons and their PAs kick ass. However, Double Sabers aren't far behind.
PA: Rensan Senshou-Ga. Sorry Seidan and Tornado Dance, I like you too. Sure, Seidan has midair martial arts and an energy blast while Tornado Dance has plenty of practicality and mobility. But you just can't beat the bounce at the end of Senshou. It does pretty decent damage, it can hurt mobs, it knocks down said mob, and most importantly, it looks awesome. If you have a lot of monsters near you, the end result of the bounce is just priceless.

Mazarin ( As a Fortegunner: )

Weapon: Shotguns. Even if Grenades can knock back mobs and Laser Cannons can penetrate, Shotguns are good for both mobbing and significant damage at point-blank. That and their PAs are pretty easy to level.
PA: Barada Yoga. This PA totally fits the dazzling rainbow bullets of Pakuda (which I will probably have to stick with until I become leet enough for Spread Needle.) That, and Confusion is the most fun of the status effects. Combine that with 5 hits per shot, and confusion could occur pretty often. It's fun to watch two monsters duke it out! ^.^;

Richelieu: (Wartecher)

Weapon: TCSMs. With these, I can hold a Whip or other weapon in one hand, then use the TCSM to quickly heal and such. Oh, and they look cooler than the other weapons for some kinds of Techs, especially Dam- Technics.
PA: All I've leveled to 21 is Gibarta, so I can't really decide.

Nothing for Eris yet. Haven't really played Protranser. And as for Berlitz, I can't really decide yet.

darkante
Aug 4, 2009, 11:04 PM
Ok, sure i try.

Silent Sinner: (Gunmaster)

Weapon: Rifle. As a gunner, i prefer taking enemies out at a distance.
PA: Fire & Dark and patience is a virtue.

Lost Dragoon: (Fighgunner)

Weapon: Knuckles. I like basic combat style and itīs pretty destructive as well.
PA: Bogga Robado. Anything that wanna do OneVsOne combat will sorely regret her focused fury.

Mystic_Nessly
Aug 5, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hey there Mazarin. Welcome to PSO World! ...And no I'm not stalking you! haha

WEAPON:Twin Fluorescent Bulbs (Twin Sabers)
PA: Splendor Crush
Splendor Crush looks like a dance in a nightclub when paired up with the bulbs! It's very satisfying dealing decent damage all the while making the action look effortless and fun. It's kind of like a arrogant way of fighting! That's why I like it so much.

WEAPON: Lumiess Blau (Twin Dagger)
PA: Hishou Jinren-Zan
Lumiess Blau has both a simple yet lethal look to it that I like. Hishou Jinren-Zan is another skill, like Splendor Crush, that looks effortless and playful. I enjoy seeing the enemies fly in the air. 8)

WEAPON: Cubo Mamba (Crossbow)
PA: Yak Zagenga / Yak Megiga
There isn't much variety in the crossbow manufacture department. I'd take the Yohmei 9* cross bow over this one only if the blades protruding from that one were shorter though. They are too long and look gaudy. Yak Zagenga is a favorite of mine. It's really the only PA you need for dealing awesome damage on crossbows! Playing with low HP makes for some fun challenges too. When I'm playing in a tough area, however, I'll use Yak Megiga to infect enemies for HP drain. One by one, I'll infect the enemies so that damage may be constantly dealt to them.

Fox2Tails
Aug 5, 2009, 04:37 PM
Hyerion Fox
Weapon: Milla/Guld & Milla: Hy's main weapon on PSO is Handgun: Milla and I'd like to do the same on PSU too, I just need to find one haha
PA: Mayalee Hit/Twin Pent.: Milla + MH = Handgun: Milla

Kailey
Weapon: Agito Repca: In other games I use this char, shes always using a Long Sword, Repca continues that tradition
PA: Gravity Break: Focused damage on one target, just like the other Long Swords the char uses in other games

Miyua Tamoura
Weapon: Tiga De Ragan [Tiga De Ragac 'll do for now]: It just matches the char, cant explain it
PA: Cross Hurricane

I'm too low a level to comment about my personal weapon choice

biggabertha
Aug 5, 2009, 05:58 PM
Favourite Weapon: Kan Yu
I'm biased when it comes to Longswords - I love how they are pure attack with little to no regard to defence. Weapons that are this big may only have a few modes of (practical) attack and are always slow in movement. They are my ultimate fantasy weapon because you really can't use them in real life and expect to win all of the time.

The Kan Yu's based on a legendary Chinese Long staffed-Sword (similar to a very large, heavy headed Lance, Spear or Glaive) and the aura effect on it appeals greatly to me. Coupled with Gravity Break I really get to have fun with it. A shame that both Gravity Break and the normal swings of the weapon are fairly worthless in comparison to other PAs and other modes of attack.

I'm liking Spinning Break and Tornado Break a lot more but there's very little room or situation to use them when Dus Daggas, Absolute Dance, Tornado Dance and Anga Jabroga are all the melee PAs one needs. Hikai Shuha-zan, Rising Strike, maybe Bukuu Saien-ga(zan?) and Chiki Kyoren-jin (don't remember) have their place too... but meh.

Shou
Aug 5, 2009, 07:14 PM
Ramegid, Rafoie, Damdiga, and all the gi techs are pretty cool looking. Oh yea, also noszonde.

unicorn
Aug 5, 2009, 07:30 PM
Techs:
- All zondes. I was one of the FEW people with Zonde past 21 in PSU Vanilla. Even before Cherry!
- Gifoie
- Diga
- Megid

Calsetes
Aug 5, 2009, 07:41 PM
Calsetes:

Sword weapons: Gravity Break - This is my, "Holy shit, take this guy down!" PA. I like the damage, I wish the speed wa sa bit better, but what can you do. (I use fortefighter, only temping as an FM.)

Saber weapons: Spinning Strike - It's got great damage, looks classy, and is the kind of move Cal would use.

Twin Sabers: Assault Crush - I like it - it keeps me mobile, has good damage, and just gives you the speed you need to keep things interesting.

Handgun: Mayalee Hit - it sucks PP like crazy, yeah, but MAN can it come in handy when you're a tad low on HP.

Nuku Nuku:

Rifle: Burn shot - I like lighting enemies on fire, it's almost always handy.

Shotgun: Barada Maga - I think this is the accuracy down one, and it's good for helping in a group (especially if nobody's debuffing.)

Laser: Light Prism - It's a laser, so how can you have anything BUT light?

Eimi:

Doublesaber: Spiral Dance - It's nice and quick, and does pretty good damage. Hits pretty often, too.

Mechgun: Dark Fury - When using the Germinus Gun, what better way than to inflict Virus on enemies?

Narau:

Spear: Dus Daggas - I like how it looks, and it's got pretty good speed on it.

Axe: I forget the name of it, it's the one where you slash the enemy a few times with it (not Durega, and not Jabroga - the third one.)

That's about it for me. I don't have any really favorite weapons, except maybe my Flowen's+, since I don't see many people using it. I WOULD say Killer Elite, but seeing as how I have yet to find one...

autumn
Aug 5, 2009, 08:47 PM
Zoe: Twin Handguns. Yes I am well aware how not-so-useful these are on a gunmaster's palette but I love them none-the-less. Her Hyper Vipers with level 41+ Twin Burn made me a pretty happy player.

Kalendral: Slicers. I really, really like them. Loved the range on Chikki so I used it despite Choutou's (sp?) better damage. I enjoyed the look of the Sanzu-Hiken and slicers look great paired with Elsrals or cards.

Arra: TCSMs. Delpis win my favorite weapon in a masterforce's arsonal. Slap any of the foie techniques on it and explode away. It was a shame I was a courteous player, it meant I didn't often get to use my awesome looking rafoie outside of solo play or playing with other techers so we could let loose.

Idalia: Bil de Axe. I've never been too excited by axe PAs but I loved the look of my little newman (later recreated as a beast) girl slamming this goofy looking hunk of horn around. Like I said I wasn't too picky about PAs so long as whatever I was doing looked like it had to be painful ^-^

Sayara
Aug 5, 2009, 11:16 PM
Deva Zashi + the Hikai PA is my most favorite combo.

neilp4453
Aug 6, 2009, 12:04 AM
Favorite weapon type: Double Sabers

Favorite weapon: Carriguine-Rucar

Favorite PA: spiral dance/gravity dance

Loved rucars......I made one 28% ice (and sold it just before MAG started for 24mil). I saved up 23mil during 1-Up Cup by basically grinding many phantoms to 10/10. Used that to buy two blades and made it. This was back when very few people even had rucars and EVERYONE didn't have a massive amount of meseta so the average player couldn't even afford a low %.

Delete
Aug 6, 2009, 04:21 AM
Favorite Weapon Type: Rifles
Favorite Weapon: Rattlesnac ( 10/10 )
Favorite PA (s) : All of the Elemental bullets.

Keilyn
Aug 6, 2009, 03:59 PM
I like Magical Wand Ps paired with Shato. At 10/10 combined each you have 2800+ PP and don't have to waste space on the pallete with too many wands/tcsm as Hybrids.

I like Whips with both Whip PAs..Adacs and Diragacs are amazing weapons.

Carriguine-Rucar or Crea Doubles w/ Spiral Dance.

PsychoWand outfitted with Timed Based Techs (DAM and NOZ techs being examples)

10/10 Twin Ruby Bullet with Twin Penetration. ^_^

Twin Neiclaws with any of the Twin Claw PAs.

MzHitman
Aug 6, 2009, 04:33 PM
Any Grenade Launcher with Boma Duranga is one set up I've had a lot of fun with. Although last time I used it, it seemed like they totally nerfed that PA. =( It's the one that does more damage to whatever you're shooting at but at the same time damages you. I got it up past lvl 30 at it was usually a challenge to keep myself alive, because I could kill myself after 3 or 4 shots if I wasn't paying attention. Kindof an expensive PA unless you have a generous techer that wants to stand next to you casting giresta or resta nonstop. lol

NDW
Aug 6, 2009, 10:21 PM
Any Grenade Launcher with Boma Duranga is one set up I've had a lot of fun with. Although last time I used it, it seemed like they totally nerfed that PA. =( It's the one that does more damage to whatever you're shooting at but at the same time damages you. I got it up past lvl 30 at it was usually a challenge to keep myself alive, because I could kill myself after 3 or 4 shots if I wasn't paying attention. Kindof an expensive PA unless you have a generous techer that wants to stand next to you casting giresta or resta nonstop. lol

1st Bold: I've never heard of Boma Duranga being nerfed, but it will be getting a PP cost reduction when the AOTI Supplemental Update comes.

2nd Bold: I HATE people who cast Giresta for healing. It resets a person's regen counter and it will have to be built back up again. Plus, a decently leveled Resta will have more range and Resta has a lower PP cost as well. :disapprove:

Zorafim
Aug 6, 2009, 11:07 PM
Any slicing polearm with Dus Daggas. I'll miss that PA's glory days...

stinkyfish97
Aug 6, 2009, 11:28 PM
Type: knuckles

Weapon: Iggac

PA: Ikk Hikk, known as the drunken kick boxing move, us few that know of its mastery realize this is the true mother brain slayer.

pinkace
Aug 6, 2009, 11:34 PM
For Acrofighter:
Weapon: Single Dagger
PA: Buten-Shuren Zan

I like how it looks, very martial arts-y, hits everything, moves forward while hitting so you can redirect, and rarely does a hit get blocked or a miss.

For Acrotecher and Wartecher:
Weapon: Whip
PA: either of the two available.

My AT is a female Cast, so I don't get much benefits from techs. And the PA can't get above 20. but still, doing 2k+ damage to everything on screen is sweet. As for WT, A rank whips miss more often and do less damage, but the higher level PA makes up for it.

milranduil
Aug 7, 2009, 02:25 AM
Type: knuckles

Weapon: Iggac

PA: Ikk Hikk, known as the drunken kick boxing move, us few that know of its mastery realize this is the true mother brain slayer.

Wait til invinicible Just counter and it will be even more so lol

Fav wep type: Knuckles
Fav wep: Drill Knuckles
Fav PA: Ikk Hikk (I maxed this LONG ago when it was released before the first PA boost when everyone thought it sucked even though it's 304% att at lvl 1 lol)

Genoa
Aug 7, 2009, 03:46 AM
Newman:
Masterforce
Rods
Gizonde 41+ (Zonde 41+ a close second)

Human:
Acrofighter
Dagger + Shadoog
Buten, fast and furious.

Beast:
Gunmaster
Rifles
Burning Shot 41+ (Burn Lv.5 and Knockdown? please...)

Cast:
Masterforce
Rods
Gizonde
(Being cast MF is just fun :D )

MadDogg
Aug 7, 2009, 01:29 PM
Twin claws

I'm too lazy to spell the name, but that PA where you dig underground and come up with a shoryuken. I loved this move ever since it first came out, and it was my first to 40. I used to spam this PA so much, my friends got the PA and spammed the move too.

Noblewine
Aug 8, 2009, 12:54 AM
Single Claw-Buuku Saien-zan , Senten Kanzan-ga, Shousen Totsuzan-ga
Single Saber-Spinning Strike
Knuckle-Ikk Hikk, Bogga Danga

Volcompat321
Aug 8, 2009, 01:31 AM
My favorite weapon has to be the Psychowand, only because I hunted for hours upon hours, days upon days and so on. NEVER got one (finding) until the Lightning Carnival. I bought plenty of em though.
Finally during the StD event, I got like almost 15 [b] and sold most of those.
During the StD event rewards time, (PA boost and luck) I started leveling my leftover techs at Sleeping Warriors, and found 3 Psychowand [b] in the SAME mission, I even have video proof.
Fu*k my luck I say. Of course I get them after I pay out the behind for em.
Anyway, on topic and less of a story, favorite wep, pwand, favorite PA, has to be any ice spell, no matter how "weak" they are, they are eye candy IMO.

darkante
Aug 8, 2009, 01:32 AM
Twin claws

I'm too lazy to spell the name, but that PA where you dig underground and come up with a shoryuken. I loved this move ever since it first came out, and it was my first to 40. I used to spam this PA so much, my friends got the PA and spammed the move too.

I believe you meant, Rensan Senshou-ga.
And yes, thatīs an awesome move. ^^

Mega Ultra Chicken
Aug 8, 2009, 12:32 PM
I believe you meant, Rensan Senshou-ga.
And yes, thatīs an awesome move. ^^
Wait a minute, you dig underground? I always thought the user bounced into the air. Oh well, it looks kinda like it could be either.

The_Brimada
Aug 8, 2009, 02:48 PM
Favorite melee wep: knuckles
Favorite melee PA for it: Bogga Zubba

Falcon Punch ftw :o(however I love Ikk Hikk as well-espcially on Acrofighter)

Favorite ranged wep: Crossbow
Favorite ranged PA for it: Yaz Zagenga

What can I say, it gives me a rush. :p

NekoPanzer
Aug 8, 2009, 03:31 PM
I love slicers! My favorite is the Shura-hiken, though I'm using a Sanzu-hiken atm.

I find I like the Chikki Kyoren-jin PA much better than the Choutou Kantsu-jin.

Right now I'm using a Frauduke + Sanzu-hiken combo on my AcroFighter, and it works wonders.