PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple questions

omgitsthepope
Aug 4, 2009, 11:26 PM
I honestly can't wait for this game. I'm going to get a dsi pretty much for this game alone (although I'm sure I'll find plenty of other goodies). I've been wondering about a few aspects of the game and I hope one of the lucky people who has an imported copy could clarify for me.

1. I've read that the story varies for each race. How different is the experience for each race? Do they have exclusive missions for each race? Or is the game content the same with just changed dialog and some story aspects?

2. How is the soundtrack in this game? The phantasy star series has always had great music, does this continue the cycle?

And that is pretty much it. I apologize if these are questions that have been asked before and whatnot. I realize the soundtrack one has been touched on before but I'm just wondering what others think.

Sayl
Aug 5, 2009, 12:39 PM
This is pure speculation, but I would think much like in Japan Sega will release Phantasy star Mini (a DSi demo) before they release the full game. This would be a very good way to get a taste of the game and I have saved my 1000 free dsi points for early adopters and mostly because DSiware has nothing all that compelling. So having a DSi will certainly be an advantage in being a phantasy star zero fan.

Eluvion
Aug 5, 2009, 02:08 PM
The soundtrack is good. It sounds a little arcadey if you know what i mean, because it's on a handheld system. IMO it's not quite as good as phantasy star online's But it is surely an enjoyable listen.

landman
Aug 5, 2009, 02:21 PM
Sayl@: the full game was already released in Japan last christmas.

- I don't know japanese but I think the story only changes in the first 3 or 4 chapters depending on the race, if you are human you start in Dairon City and start as a new hunter with Kai, if you are a newman you start at the forest waking up from your drop pod and if you are a CAST Sarisa finds you frozen and wakes you up.

- Music is PSO stile, calm without enemies and more ritmic with enemies, and some tracks are prety, I would have loved an arranged version of them all in the OST, sadly it's all direct sound record from the DS game

omgitsthepope
Aug 5, 2009, 03:02 PM
Okay thanks for all the answers guys. I'm glad for the thoughts on the soundtrack and the clarification on the races story modes.