PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Buying Question

Mark87
Aug 6, 2009, 12:53 PM
Hey I played the PSU demo and liked it a lot. I want to get the real game but i got a few questions.

1.do you need the expansion (forgot name) to play online?

2.I have seen in stores PSU with the expansion name on cover does that come with game and add-on?

Note...
I'm new using my friends old account so I have no clue about anything but the demo.

Thanks!

Somnia
Aug 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
1. The name is Ambitions of the Illuminus, and no you don't need it to play online. I highly recommend it though, the content is greatly limited without the expansion and you won't get to play with many people.

2. For Xbox360, the expansion is only available through the marketplace. For PC/PS2, the expansion does come with the original game as well in stores.

Calsetes
Aug 6, 2009, 01:04 PM
Well, the version in stores with the Ambition of the Illuminus cover is actually (as Somnia said) only for the PC and PS2. The offline mode in that is Episode 2 of the story arc, where you make your own guy, and doesn't need the original game to play (it's a stand-alone expansion, like with Guild Wars - you can buy Eye of the North having never touched Guild Wars, and you'd still be able to play online, just without as much stuff.)

As for if you only have a 360 to play it on, then you do need to buy the original game disc (which is... $20 or $30?), then it's highly recommended to buy and download from the online store the expansion pack, as almost all the new content updates require the expansion. The expansion for 360 only affects online mode though - offline, you still have Episode 1 of the story.

Hope this makes it a bit easier to understand.