PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging PA Disks

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Aug 7, 2009, 03:54 AM
Hiya all,

I know that when you turn a PA back into a disk you can give it to another character on your account and when they learn said PA it retains the level you grinded it to with the first character.

Now, does this work when giving it to a character on a different account say if you have 2 PSU accounts?

Thanks,

Tifa

KuroShinnen
Aug 7, 2009, 04:16 AM
You can't transfer PA discs from person to another outside of your account. Nor can you drop it in a mission and comeback for it with somebody keeping the mission active.

In short, No.

V is for Virus
Aug 7, 2009, 12:47 PM
If you go to the Guardian's Branch on Neudaiz (Item Exchange Mission), you can exchange them for technic discs. If you need more PA Fragments to get what you want, you can exchange zonspheres (or was it zon-drops?) in Moatoob's Item Exchange Mission in the Guardian's Branch.

Smidge204
Aug 7, 2009, 01:03 PM
To my understanding, you can not sell or trade leveled PA discs between accounts, but they can be swapped between characters on the same account and will retain their level, subject to the using character's PA level caps.

Example: You can buy a "Burning Shot" from the NPC store and sell/trade it to anyone else, providing it has not yet been used.

Or you can level "Burning Shot" PA to 50 using a Gunmaster, then turn it back into a disc and give it to your Fortegunner on the same account - but they will only be able to use it at level 40 due to their job. You can not give the leveled PA to any character outside your account.

It is also my understanding that PA discs obtained with PA frags can not be sold or traded, regardless if they've been used or not. I'm not 100% sure on this point, though... never bothered trying.
=Smidge=

Gypsy72
Aug 7, 2009, 01:25 PM
It is also my understanding that PA discs obtained with PA frags can not be sold or traded, regardless if they've been used or not. I'm not 100% sure on this point, though... never bothered trying.
=Smidge=

aren't there some cases where you need a disc bought with PA fragments to trade in the Desert Arms Shop? i think you need Jabroga for one of the axes (the kilik maybe??). i think exchange missions like this are the only exception to the rule of not trading/selling/etc...

Randomness
Aug 7, 2009, 01:31 PM
Those aren't to other players, though... so its not really an exception.

Gypsy72
Aug 7, 2009, 02:06 PM
true, but some might consider it "selling", so i thought i'd throw it out there...

Allison_W
Aug 7, 2009, 04:24 PM
I didn't even yet know that you can give leveled PAs to another character on your account.

This sounds like a wonderful poopsocking-reduction measure for those of us looking at deleting characters.

Randomness
Aug 7, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, its one of the better changes SEGA has done in the game.

Saves some effort when you have chars with overlapping weapon usage, especially in bullets. (Such as my WT and PT both using bows)

Night Crawler
Nov 20, 2009, 05:06 AM
There may be hope. About me. I had a long history with PSU. I never Cheated scammed or hated on anyone in the game. But its just that (history). I recently returned from scratch. I Deleted all my characters and Pa's one year ago. Im starting or from zero. Except for my lower Xbox 360 account number you would not know I played before. Due to a recent setback in mt personal life. I am using PSU as a temporary crutch, and escape. Im just back to have fun and do some of the stuff in the game I did not do before. And try out some new stuff that has come out. All that being said Here is my answer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwuiYhmUwM

I did not feel good about posting this on SEGA'S web site. I have searched high and low. Many times, for hours on end. This is the closest thing I can find that is anything remotely like Phantasy Star. Main criteria being MMORPG. Fast action able to move around while fighting. This game is in Beta testing still. It should be close maybe by December 09 Or early 2010. From what Ive read it is not as community based as PSU. There will be rooms or lobbys to meet up. More like PSO when it first came out. But OH the game play looks awsome. PSU like controls but much better. Hack and slash I have not seen before in an MMORPG. Definitly worth looking at.!!

Night Crawler
Nov 20, 2009, 05:07 AM
Im sorry I just posted this in the wrong post!!