PDA

View Full Version : Game The Wackofather! (The day phase that never comes - Mafia Wins!)

SpikeOtacon
Aug 7, 2009, 02:05 PM
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/thewackofather.jpg
The Wackofather Game Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9r6gV9XY7o

Welcome to the landfill, city of desolate ruin. It's a garbage heap here, in almost every sense of the word. Ever since the Wacko family came into town and started their import GOD smuggling business, the worth of the @ has fallen like the dough of hand-tossed pizza. The cops have tried their hardest to pin the family with all sorts of crimes, but they're slippery bastards. I've watched this town fall under hard times, while Don Wackorleone lives the life of luxury.

I thought that son of a :disapprove: would leave us alone, but I was wrong. Now I hear he's sending his goons out to eliminate the non-family members. He wants to turn the landfill into a true hideout for his family, and everyone else is just going to have to go. I fear for my own life, and that is why I have left this here. I just hope that the rest of the town can weed out the riff-raff before we're buried in... well...

We are starting off in the Night-Phase. No one may post in this thread until the day phase begins. The Mafia members must make their first decision before we can continue.

The Players:

Alnet
Astuarlen
Autumn
Fronebullare
Gentlemen
Leviathan
Mixfortune
Nai_calus
Nitro_Vordex
Outrider
Randomness
Tact
Tessu
Volcompat

SpikeOtacon
Aug 7, 2009, 11:00 PM
Day Phase begins! Everyone can now post in the thread. Once everyone has said their points and there has been a majority vote on who is to be lynched the next night phase will begin.

You don't have to vote right away, you can list a few people you suspect and argue points until you place your final vote for that phase. However, votes can be changed at any time until there is a majority vote on one person and everyone (or almost everyone, should some people be missing for too long) has voted at least once.

To place your vote, just simply type it out as such:

Vote: username

If you change your vote, make sure to let everyone know that you are changing, and then type it again in that format.

Earlier this morning, FKLite Randomness was found dead in the burned down remains of the local parlor. Some are quick to dismiss this as an accident, but others believe there was foul play involved.

The more inquiring minds meet at the town square to discuss the death...

Tact
Aug 7, 2009, 11:09 PM
Short, sweet, and to the point.

Vote: Nitro.

Nai_Calus
Aug 7, 2009, 11:09 PM
I bet it was Nitro. He just didn't want to die first this time.

fronebullare
Aug 7, 2009, 11:19 PM
They say the darkest spot is always under the light...TACT *glare*

Volcompat321
Aug 7, 2009, 11:35 PM
I vote astuarlen. Though this person seems too bad to be bad.

Shut your face-clam or I'll ice ya next--and I'm not talking about buttercream.

I do suspect-Gentlemen, Nitro, and Levi though.
I think I will keep my Vote:astuarlen.

Randomness
Aug 7, 2009, 11:38 PM
And this is the fundamental flaw with this game. Somebody is going to be killed right away, and its damned hard to have fun when you don't get to do ANYTHING.

*throws out notes, reasonings, various things helpful to townies*

Mixfortune
Aug 7, 2009, 11:45 PM
Hey, you're dead. What's with the OOCin?
At it's core, it basically seemed to announce, outside of the thread, that you were part of the town... which is a silly silly thing to do. Sure it works in-game to throw suspicion around but, chances are the mafia didn't want to deal with the bravado being flung around before the game even started... when any questions could've been directed to Spike to begin with.

I'd agree with the whole dying before having a chance to do anything, I thought that was odd, but if there's balance issues chances are they'd be adjusted if there's another game. But trying to run outside the boundaries as they are is pretty lame.

Didn't do anything? You essentially did the exact opposite of nothing, and got yourself killed...

Not sure who to really vote for yet... some posts are fairly suspect but I'd rather wait until more people start posting before chucking votes around.

Randomness
Aug 7, 2009, 11:50 PM
Hey, you're dead. What's with the OOCin?
At it's core, it basically seemed to announce, outside of the thread, that you were part of the town... which is a silly silly thing to do. Sure it works in-game to throw suspicion around but, chances are the mafia didn't want to deal with the bravado being flung around before the game even started... when any questions could've been directed to Spike to begin with.

I'd agree with the whole dying before having a chance to do anything, I thought that was odd, but if there's balance issues chances are they'd be adjusted if there's another game. But trying to run outside the boundaries as they are is pretty lame.

Didn't do anything? You essentially did the exact opposite of nothing, and got yourself killed...

Not sure who to really vote for yet... some posts are fairly suspect but I'd rather wait until more people start posting before chucking votes around.

You mean asked where role PMs were?

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

I think I had a perfectly natural reason to do that. Even if that was Spike using c/p, it doesn't change the fact that it leads people to believe they'll be told what they are... It would have taken all of 5 minutes to PM the townies. (30 second mandatory interval)

Edit:I'd actually meant to bring this up earlier today, but I couldn't find it to quote... (and wasn't entirely sure it was there) Also:

If the game thread is open and you got no PM, you should assume that you have no role other than a regular townie.

I realize that this probably makes me seem like a jerk, but frankly, I don't like getting offed because the person in charge doesn't pay attention to what he's posting. The posted rules stated clearly that everyone would be getting messaged (Again, I know it was a c/p), so it would be natural to ask what was going on... and then I get offed because... *ranting*

Edit2 (I'm just adding on as things come to mind):I honestly suspected I'd be dying first, because of the inherent advantage in an obvious alignment. But at the point where I finally got a response, it was rather late. I can't delete other people's posts, and there's nothing I can post to fix the problem. I can do nothing, and risk getting offed, or I can call attention to my post, which is just as bad. Frankly, I'm surprised it took 8 hours for the mafia to choose to kill me.

when any questions could've been directed to Spike to begin with.

Yeah. I also PM'ed him. He didn't respond until AFTER Tessu did, and it was still only in the thread. (For the record, he was online for the entire period)

SpikeOtacon
Aug 8, 2009, 12:04 AM
The other thread, boys. We can't have a talking corpse in this one.

Tessu
Aug 8, 2009, 12:04 AM
Astuarlen smells like the blood of innocents, but she usually smells like that, so I think I'll have to Vote: Nitro_Vordex.

Gentlemen
Aug 8, 2009, 12:25 AM
A man doesn't just burn in a parlor by accident and things like that just won't fly in this town. And Volcompat, who are you to accuse me? Maybe you're the one who started the fire! Vote: Volcompat

Volcompat321
Aug 8, 2009, 12:28 AM
A man doesn't just burn in a parlor by accident and things like that just won't fly in this town. And Volcompat, who are you to accuse me? Maybe you're the one who started the fire! Vote: Volcompat

Maybe, but someone said they don't trust ya, so I by default have to suspect you. I didn't vote for you though, because I have yet to witness something distrustful from you. (if that makes sense)

Gentlemen
Aug 8, 2009, 12:45 AM
Well I respect that. You seem to be a nice enough guy. Vote: Nitro

astuarlen
Aug 8, 2009, 12:57 AM
Tess, if I smell like the blood of innocents, it's only because I am so bloody innocent. Isn't that so, Head on a Pole? [Here, unidentifiable, slightly used Head on a Pole nods amiably]

There's something fishy about Tact and Ian posting rapid-fire right after the other, aiming straight for the same mop-wielding target--not to mention, Tact's title is "Cat-Hermaphrodite Mafia". Clearly, they're gunning for the janitor, based on the assumption that the lack of prestige inherent to his duties leave him without allies.
I, however, relish a clean bathroom and a tidy hallway! Tact would turn our whole town into a litterbox hell hole.
THE HERM MUST BURN.

Also note exhibit B: Wackorleone is clearly holding a feline in that portrait at the top. Ladies and gentlemen and Gentlemen, I rest my case.

Tact
Aug 8, 2009, 08:52 AM
Vote switch!

Vote: Astuarlen.

Spike has an intention to change that picture of the Don so he holds a geoduck instead. Plus, a jantor has an important role in society. He does the work that keeps civilized life possible for the rest of us. You, on the other hand...base personal attacks (I do know how to use a toilet.) will earn you my vote. :wacko:

Leviathan
Aug 8, 2009, 11:27 AM
Vote: Nitro_Vordex

Something just doesn't quack up...

astuarlen
Aug 8, 2009, 12:54 PM
You seein' this guys? Tact the Amazing Both-Ways Cat is settin' me up. Why? I'm sure you're all familiar with the phrase knows too much, which is typically followed by have to kill them. And we all know one of the most common defenses is to throw out a counter-accusation which will force us to persue a bogus lead.

Notice the bandwagon in here? Soon to be the body wagon?
Tact
Iannai
Tess
Gentlemen
Levi
have all voted for Nitro.

The Mafia does just conduct business at night; the Mafia rules the day, as well. With half the players too scared to venture out of their homes for fear of reprisal, this disfunctional family can handily dominate the lynching scene.

Lest anyone accuse me of fabricating evidence:

Short, sweet, and to the point.

Vote: Nitro.

I bet it was Nitro. He just didn't want to die first this time.

Astuarlen smells like the blood of innocents, but she usually smells like that, so I think I'll have to Vote: Nitro_Vordex.

Well I respect that. You seem to be a nice enough guy. Vote: Nitro

Vote: Nitro_Vordex

Something just doesn't quack up...

Now, I could just lie low and take it like a sheep when the wolves come circling our pen, but the truth must out. It's possible not everyone who has voted for Nitro is Mafia; could be they're just trying to save their skins by playing along--by being collaborators.

What we need to do is FOCUS our attention on one nasty at a time, not scatter votes willy-nilly.

Tessu
Aug 8, 2009, 01:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the Vordex was going to be gone for a week. So I figured he was as good as dead meat anyway and voted for him.

astuarlen
Aug 8, 2009, 02:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the Vordex was going to be gone for a week. So I figured he was as good as dead meat anyway and voted for him.

An upstanding citizen of the Town wouldn't want to help the Mafia by doing their work for them.

Now I don't know whether Nitro is Town or Mafia--only God (Spike), the Mob, and Nitro know that--but if he's Town (and statistically that is more likely, on top of the fact that he's suddenly the target of a possibly-Mob-led mob) lynching him would only move the Mafia one step closer to their goal.

Volcompat321
Aug 8, 2009, 03:29 PM

An upstanding citizen of the Town wouldn't want to help the Mafia by doing their work for them.

Now I don't know whether Nitro is Town or Mafia--only God (Spike), the Mob, and Nitro know that--but if he's Town (and statistically that is more likely, on top of the fact that he's suddenly the target of a possibly-Mob-led mob) lynching him would only move the Mafia one step closer to their goal.

One dead him, is one less dead us.
In the end we may all die, but if someone is gone for a week, give em to the Mafia.
Better him than meus.
Personally, I didn't vote for him, I'm still after you astuarlen, for some reason, I don't know why, it just seems right.

Tessu
Aug 8, 2009, 06:28 PM
Well... I guess I should change my vote, since if he were in the Mafia and then gone for a week Spike would probably remove him anyway.

I'll probably end up changing my vote. However, I am not sure who I should change it to.

astuarlen
Aug 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
I don't want to seem like I'm pushing too hard for Tact, because that could be considered suspicious, but I really am suspicious OF all the Nitro voting.
And the fact that Tact changed his vote to me when I accused him--well, that looks like he's just trying to throw us off the scent. No good will be done from destroying each other on the Town side.
We have two votes for Tact so far, so a third could help us nab the guy. Like I said, I don't think all the people who voted for Nitro are Mafia (that would be too many, plus they're probably smart enough to spread a little confusion) but he jumped in right off the bat with the accusation that started a suspicious bandwagon.

Mafia: serious business.

Nai_Calus
Aug 8, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm just voting for Nitro out of tradition. He's usually the first to die. Also, the damned Mafia jerks got Randomness before I could vote to lynch him. :<

Tessu
Aug 8, 2009, 11:52 PM
Vote has, indeed, changed. Ast, you win.

Vote: Tact.

It's mainly the title that threw me off. Why would you add "Mafia" to your title if you were a townie? This is about mindgaems, and he is indeed gaeming my mind. It might be a little bit too obvious, but I'm sure he thought I would think that.

astuarlen
Aug 8, 2009, 11:59 PM
Whichever way this goes, I just hope we slime some scum (and don't all end up corpsey).
Now where are the other players hiding?

Mixfortune
Aug 9, 2009, 02:16 AM
Not exactly sure what good Tact's title would have, if he's Mafia then it's all the more suspicion, but if he's Town, well... Town doesn't mindgame itself, there's no gain in it.

Ast is right, it doesn't make sense to take someone out because of inactivity in a game starting in Night Phase... because he may not have been around, but I don't know how much presence they needed to officially make a decision. Also if he's supposedly a valid target for the night, leave him for the Mafia. Taking out a potential inactive townie would just dwindle our numbers without making any real progress.

Also it's a bit difficult to fully knock someone out before they've had a chance to defend themselves, but I'm not sure how different it is that he supposedly gave warning.

Outrider also gave warning but I'm not sure where Autumn or Alnet are supposed to be.

Ast seems to be leaning Town at the moment with a bit of Mafia-side joking thrown in, so she could be either way, but I'd be more inclined to lynch those slightly easier to read first to make some headway.

I kinda have to go for Tact as well just based on who has posted what but it really is difficult to tell when a third of the people haven't said anything, or much of anything at all.

Vote: Tact

Nai_Calus
Aug 9, 2009, 02:48 AM
It is pretty suspicious. Also, cats are dicks and evil. Clearly Tact is also evil. He's the Wacofather's lapcat. Changing to Tact as well.

SStrikerR
Aug 9, 2009, 03:15 AM
Vote: Volcompat.
Because I can

Volcompat321
Aug 9, 2009, 04:13 AM
I see how it is. My vote stays astuarlen.

Ast is right, it doesn't make sense to take someone out because of inactivity in a game starting in Night Phase...
Which is why I haven't voted for Nitro.

Mixfortune
Aug 9, 2009, 11:52 AM
Well, unless striker is in the CIA or something, I wouldn't worry about his vote, or his post... he's not even in the game.

astuarlen
Aug 9, 2009, 12:19 PM
Vote: Volcompat.
Because I can

Damn out-of-towners comin' in to exert their Foreign Influences!

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2009, 08:55 PM

Now, lemme tell ya why.

Why would a person, such as a Jantor like me, make a mess when my job is to clean them? With me out of the way, it'd be ridiculously easy to take everyone else out and collectively turn the whole City against itself, because no one likes a dirty B4R.

HOWEVER. Tact is indeed a prime suspect. When making a joke, Tact does not make it painfully obvious, but he does end a joke with a signature :wacko:. But his title clearly has no wacko, and if it were a joke, that would be way too obvious. Tact is a very blunt, if apprehensive person. Therefore, there is a VERY high chance that he is indeed Mafia.

But Nitro, why would your boss want you out of the way? Well, Tact wears a needle covered dress, resemblance to a maid costume. Considering he has both parts, it's safe to assume he could do any kind of heavy duty cleaning with his own funds and save money. By getting rid of me, he could keep someone off of his payroll, keep a place to his own standards, and not have a person who scares away new guys.

Tact is also a higher regarded member of the city, and if he says something like that, there are many who will be willing to follow in his footsteps.

Plus, I'm an outright jerk. :wacko:

So, my vote is for Tact.

Firocket1690
Aug 9, 2009, 09:15 PM
... Hey. We're playing the version with the village idiot, right?

*walks in and shoots self*

Outrider
Aug 9, 2009, 11:45 PM

So say we all.

astuarlen
Aug 9, 2009, 11:47 PM
Duh, I didn't ever actually vote yet, did I? Way to read the guidelines, me.
Vote: Tactician777

SStrikerR
Aug 10, 2009, 01:12 AM
Well, unless striker is in the CIA
Who told you?

SpikeOtacon
Aug 10, 2009, 02:52 AM
I counted 7 votes for Tact, that means he gets to be our lucky lynch'd layman!

The members of the landfill stare down at Tact, whose cat eyes are lit aflame with fear. He knows his 9 lives are up all at once. The townies grab at the young cat herm and drag him out into the middle of the street. There, a pole has been erected with firewood being stacked at the ground of it. The smell of butchered wood filled the air. Tact is tied to the stake in the middle of it, some townies rustling his fur teasingly. Tact gives little protest, as he knows there is no escaping his cruel fate.

The fire began, the kind that spread so quickly though the firewood that it would make smokey the bear cry. The heat blistered and seared, and Tact's fur began to catch fire. The townies watched with a disturbing delight on their faces as Tact was burned to a crisp. Feeling right in their action, the crowd dispersed for the night.

Tact was a townie. The night phase now begins. No one may post in this thread until the next day phase begins.

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 03:40 AM

Now, lemme tell ya why.

Why would a person, such as a Jantor like me, make a mess when my job is to clean them?

Cept you must not be good at cleaning, cause your unemployed. :wink: :wacko:

No one may post in this thread until the next day phase begins.
Oops, read that after :( sorry.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 10, 2009, 02:26 PM
The sun rises over the landfill as day begins to break. The light spills onto the scene: astuarlen's body is found behind the barn, tarred and de-feathered. Her non space-bred family isn't quite sure what to make of the scene, so they scoot around the barn going about their daily... whatever it is hens do, with a gloomy cloud over their heads. They lost their cream of the crop.

It is now the day phase, so all players may talk in this thread again.

Tessu
Aug 10, 2009, 02:32 PM
The only one capable of committing such a callous act must be Nai_Calus.

However, I'm giving Volcompat a weird look here. He voted for her last round, after all, and I don't think anybody but the Mafia would want to harm our hen. At the same time, though, the Mafia probably knew that and was using it to their advantage. "Casting suspicion elsewhere". I'm not sure who to vote for on this one.

Mixfortune
Aug 10, 2009, 03:00 PM
To me, the most suspicious would appear to be Volcompat, Ian, and Tess. Nitro's still a difficult read on this one, but the early mass voting for him early yesterday doesn't seem like an indication of much for his innocence or guilt. Either mass mafia voting or mostly joke voting, or a combo.

Vol seemed fairly intent on voting ast, but not much reason to change off of it or to keep it. I'd be more inclined if he hopped a bit, or voted ast after she started posting, since it doesn't seem like he was trying to protect anyone either.

Ian seems a little too quick to hop on as well as switch, so that's a tad unusual as well.

Tess, I'm not sure because of the bit of confusion during the game setup and voting reasonings, but just going to have to keep an eye out for that. Easy switching too, but could just be from ast's points over the random Nitro gangup. Hmm...

May be worth checking out who voted for Nitro early yesterday, but unfortunately that's almost half the game as well.

Still don't know what's up with Alnet or Autumn.

Outrider
Aug 10, 2009, 03:13 PM
Okay. So Vol or Tess?

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 04:20 PM
Okay. So Vol or Tess?

You would love to vote for me, wouldn't you :wink:

I'm not sure who to vote for now, but these three are pretty quiet.
Autumn, Fronebullare, Gentlemen.
Gentlemen was kinda posting every now and again, but then stopped.
Ast is dead now(guess she was a townie). :(
Has Autumn posted yet? If not, she could be a Mafia because she doesn't post.
Same thing with Fronebullare. If they haven't posted, it makes me think they are Mafia. Who knows though? (they do!)

Nai_Calus
Aug 10, 2009, 04:29 PM
Ast is awesome, I would never want her dead. :< This is a tragedy, I tell you, a downright tragedy, and we'll make those mafia scum pay!

Volcompat321 obviously wanted her dead, the way he kept being out for her blood. Clearly him and his mafia buddies have done the vile deed, and we must punish him for his duplicity and vile evil.

Though of course it would be just like Tessu and Mix to try to shift the blame on me, I am known for violence, but not like this. Not like this. Oh Ast, how will we live without you? ;_; This town is a darker, scarier place now. ;_;

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 04:39 PM
Well, I had my reasons. If you read the other thread(the signup thread) you could see signs of evil, and Mafia in her.
She said, and I quote
Shut your face-clam or I'll ice ya next--and I'm not talking about buttercream.
Which automatically made me think she was violent. Violent people makes me think of Mafia.
Which is why I wanted her dead. If she could be so mean and not care, she must be one of them!
Seems I was wrong, but it's too late now isn't it.

Outrider
Aug 10, 2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, good call. I vote we start picking off the people who haven't been posting.

Somebody point me in a direction and I'll go for them.

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 04:49 PM
I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not, but I have my suspicions on the three I posted about a few posts up.

Outrider
Aug 10, 2009, 05:06 PM
Wait wait wait. Editing.

Alright, it's Tess.

Vote: Tess.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2009, 05:06 PM
Mafia people would be out in the open, and readily take someone out.

I'm still torn between Tess, Ian, and Vol.

I'm kinda with Outrider on this one, I'll see where this goes.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2009, 05:08 PM
Which automatically made me think she was violent. Violent people makes me think of Mafia.
Which is why I wanted her dead. If she could be so mean and not care, she must be one of them!
Seems I was wrong, but it's too late now isn't it.
Well, judging from the spectacle we had yesterday, doesn't seem like the townies are all that nice themselves.

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well, it wasn't that easy to decide.
Though, I didn't vote for you because you weren't posting, so it might be a contradiction on my part.
I can see what you mean, saying the Mafia will be out in the open, but I'm not sure they are...
I have my suspicions, but nothing solid yet.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2009, 05:24 PM
In all seriousness, I was gone for the weekend, I had informed Spike ahead of time.

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yea, I'm sure someone mentioned that.
In my vote, I really thought ast was a Mafia. She was mean in the other thread ;o lol

fronebullare
Aug 10, 2009, 06:33 PM
You would love to vote for me, wouldn't you :wink:

I'm not sure who to vote for now, but these three are pretty quiet.
Autumn, Fronebullare, Gentlemen.
Gentlemen was kinda posting every now and again, but then stopped.
Ast is dead now(guess she was a townie). :(
Has Autumn posted yet? If not, she could be a Mafia because she doesn't post.
Same thing with Fronebullare. If they haven't posted, it makes me think they are Mafia. Who knows though? (they do!)

I prefer to sit on the side, watch things unfold, and think before I make a decision that may take someone's life. You, however, are pretty hasty to point fingers, almost as if you already know who you want to rub out >_>...

For being very suspicious, and for just plain mentioning my name, I vote: Volcompat

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 06:40 PM
I prefer to sit on the side, watch things unfold, and think before I make a decision that may take someone's life. You, however, are pretty hasty to point fingers, almost as if you already know who you want to rub out >_>...

For being very suspicious, and for just plain mentioning my name, I vote: Volcompat

I said why I picked ast so fast. I believe it was for a good reason, and I never changed my vote, I'm no so hasty to point fingers when there was something that caught my eye before the game started :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Aug 10, 2009, 07:38 PM
Voting: Tess.

Tessu
Aug 10, 2009, 08:53 PM
Although my feelings are hurt, I'm a big kid and can take it in stride.

Vote: Volcompat. Astuarlen's blood is all over your hands, boy.

Volcompat321
Aug 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
Her blood is not all over my hands.
I'm the only one that voted for her, then the Mafia took her out.
Glad I didn't get more then just me to vote for her.
Vote:Tessu

Gentlemen
Aug 11, 2009, 01:57 AM
Calm down, all of you! You were all so fast to lynch Tact and now there's one less town member to fight off the mafia with us. Honestly, take your time.

Volcompat321
Aug 11, 2009, 03:34 AM
Hey, I wanted Tact alive. The other townies got him killed. :(
You will be missed R.I.P. Tact.

Mixfortune
Aug 11, 2009, 12:58 PM
Wait wait wait. Editing.

Alright, it's Tess.

Vote: Tess.

Voting: Tess.

It looks like all of Tess' votes are these two unexplained ones and Vol's reaction vote.

While Vol and Tess seem to be the major targets this time around, I'm curious to the reasoning behind these. I figure Nitro is following up with Outrider. While that appearance in and of itself wouldn't be so suspicious, it'd certainly do to have a bit of elaboration to help screen out more potential mistake lynches.

Vol's votes have a bit more substance but still reeks a little of our past mistake... I'll wait a bit to see what Outrider and Nitro come back with, as well as general people posting.

Outrider
Aug 11, 2009, 01:15 PM
I did a search surrounding Astuarlen's posts and Tess was trying too hard to seem like she's not involved.

EDIT: Nah, that would be a giveaway.

b;,h

Volcompat321
Aug 11, 2009, 01:49 PM
You know, I'm actually thinking about this one.
Though Tess wants me dead, along with another, I think I will change my vote. I'm not sure to who, but I don't think Tess is evil enough to kill...yet.
I will keep my vote to her until I decide who.
(I've got my eye on you)
She plays the game a little too well, and for some reason, I think it's her, but no proof, yet!
I will admit, with my first vote, I think I shot at her too fast, but the other thread was almost a give away. She misled me, and probably a few others, she was just leading us to believe the opposite.

Mixfortune
Aug 11, 2009, 01:52 PM
You know, I'm actually thinking about this one.
Though Tess wants me dead, along with another, I think I will change my vote. I'm not sure to who, but I don't think Tess is evil enough to kill...yet.
I will keep my vote to her until I decide who.
(I've got my eye on you)
She plays the game a little too well, and for some reason, I think it's her, but no proof, yet!
I will admit, with my first vote, I think I shot at her too fast, but the other thread was almost a give away. She misled me, and probably a few others, she was just leading us to believe the opposite.

Oh, I meant moreso "Vol's votes" as "votes for Vol", but I suppose a secondary point was to note the reactionary as well. Just clarifying. Also, I'm not 100% on the timing but, looking back, since Outrider was able to join after ast's comments you were on, chances are roles weren't handed out yet. I'll agree as I said before that her side-joking in the game left her a bit in the middle to me though.

Volcompat321
Aug 11, 2009, 02:23 PM
Yea, I think she said all that before the roles were handed out.
But that makes me think Spike could have gave her a Mafia card since she was acting tough.
Then again, that would make too much sense, wouldn't it?
So to throw us off, she acted like that, then we(me) thought she was Mafia, but since Spike could have read that she was like that, he could have thought it was a good throw off, if he were to set her as a townie, we(me) would think she was Mafia, when she wasn't.
I have to rethink everything now :D

Now that I think about it, Mix, I haven't been able to tell your intentions.
Are you townie, or are you Mafia. For some reason, I think your Mafia, but only because you've been so "cool" about things, trying to get a perspective on everyone.
I could go with Nitro's theory about Mafia being in the open, posting lots, then that would get me in the middle of peoples suspicions, but I'm already there, so here goes-

Mix, I have to change my vote to you.
Vote:Mixfortune
Nothing personal, but you've been to easy going about things so far. Saying a lot, while keeping back some. Seems a bit too suspicious to be suspicious.

SStrikerR
Aug 12, 2009, 02:06 AM
Seems a bit too suspicious to be suspicious.
Logic at it's finest. This one's a real thinker.

Tessu
Aug 12, 2009, 11:39 AM
Sorry Volcompat. We can still be friends... :{

I'm not really sure if I want to keep you as my vote. I'm not trying to be like "You vote for me, I vote for you; you withdraw your vote, I withdraw my vote", but I'm not sure if I want to lose you quite yet. You're one of the few of us who is very involved in the game, and I think without you contributing we might just all sit here and say "Hmmmmmmmmmm."
Of course, that's all null and void if you're Mafia, in which case we wouldn't want your dastardly contributions.

Outrider
Aug 12, 2009, 12:15 PM
Can the remaining players just vote already?

I feel like we need to pick up the pace on this thing.

Volcompat321
Aug 12, 2009, 05:38 PM
Sorry Volcompat. We can still be friends... :{

I'm not really sure if I want to keep you as my vote. I'm not trying to be like "You vote for me, I vote for you; you withdraw your vote, I withdraw my vote", but I'm not sure if I want to lose you quite yet. You're one of the few of us who is very involved in the game, and I think without you contributing we might just all sit here and say "Hmmmmmmmmmm."
Of course, that's all null and void if you're Mafia, in which case we wouldn't want your dastardly contributions.

I actually had a reason to vote for you other than you voting for me.
The reason I voted for you wasn't because you voted for me entirely, it was because you had an attachment to ast, and when I thought she was Mafia, I was thinking you might have been too.
Though, I voted for you after she was dead. I only did this because it could have been the very opposite, meaning she was a townie, and you a Mafia.
The reason I thought you were Mafia was because you could have been playing her (you didn't have that much of an attachment, but enough).
Playing her meaning, being her friend, missing her when dead, then bam, she's gone, you say a little something and move onto your next target: ME :D
I did take my vote away from you because I could be very wrong. Mix kinda seemed suspicious because of his actions. We can still be friends Tessu :D
I keep my vote: Mixfortune.

Nai_Calus
Aug 13, 2009, 12:19 AM
Don't fall for it, Tessu. Look at him, buttering you up with his slimy 'we can still be friends'. He wanted Ast dead and he made it happen, and now he's trying to throw you off the trail. I don't trust him at all.

Mixfortune
Aug 13, 2009, 03:54 AM
Can the remaining players just vote already?

I feel like we need to pick up the pace on this thing.

What's the rush?
Maybe we need to consider our pacing from how we acted on the first day... figure out what we did wrong, not just by single people like "ast or nitro or tact" but our general game plan. We don't have many more chances to get this right. If anything this game seems too fast.

For some reason, I think your Mafia, but only because you've been so "cool" about things, trying to get a perspective on everyone.

That's my typical style, but since I haven't been so active in the last few years I can understand how it may seem out of place. I tend to, well, not so much what you'd call over-analyze so much as touch all the boundaries from the center... I guess that's not a very helpful style for telling intentions, which I could see benefiting Mafia over Town, typically. I honesty don't expect to change that though, cause I'm near certain that'd just come across as all the more unnecessarily suspicious, changing how I post. Personally I find the more emotion-fueled reasons people are giving to be much more suspicious... whether it's an authentic townie or a mafia attempt... seems weak either way really.

Even still I put out some specific contenders to get some input on... though honestly I'm rather disappointed because it started off people taking those and simply running with them... a repeat of the Tact incident. That's why I wanted some sort of elaboration. I'm honestly split on the ones I gave (of those players who are even active) hence sticking them out there for a closer look without committing a vote off the bat.

Volcompat321
Aug 13, 2009, 04:57 AM
He wanted Ast dead and he made it happen, and now he's trying to throw you off the trail.

Actually, I changed my vote. Tessu can be trusted over...you know who.. a little bit more, for now. :wink:

I get what your saying Mix, but for now it has to remain you for me. Something about ya.
(I think out of everyone, besides you, Mix, I've been the most elaborate on my votes)

Mixfortune
Aug 13, 2009, 05:20 AM
Yeah, I'd probably poke at me too, at the least to see if I'd crack, so I understand.

Outrider
Aug 14, 2009, 10:48 AM
What's the rush?
Maybe we need to consider our pacing from how we acted on the first day... figure out what we did wrong, not just by single people like "ast or nitro or tact" but our general game plan. We don't have many more chances to get this right. If anything this game seems too fast.

Well, I'm leaving for vacation in four hours and I'll be gone until the 22nd. Hence why I wanted to see some sort of conclusion to this game sooner rather than later.

Leviathan
Aug 14, 2009, 11:37 AM
Volcompat seems to be trying to get everyone on his side...

Hmm.

Vote: VolcomPat

Volcompat321
Aug 15, 2009, 06:58 PM
:(
Did this thread die? I was having fun.

Leviathan
Aug 15, 2009, 07:39 PM
:(
Did this thread die? I was having fun.

No, but you did.

Volcompat321
Aug 15, 2009, 07:53 PM
Did I? :o
I wasn't informed.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 19, 2009, 02:44 PM
Voting for this day period ends in 2 hours. Whoever happens to have the most votes will be lynched.

Volcompat321
Aug 19, 2009, 02:51 PM
Looks like I'm a dead man. :(

SpikeOtacon
Aug 19, 2009, 10:42 PM
3 votes for Volcom, which puts him as the majority vote!

Volcompat's fast mouth was not fast enough to talk down those asserting against him. Unfortunately for him, his legs were not fast enough to run either. He was dragged kicking and screaming to the gallows, the wooden frame imposing its deadly authority. Why did the landfill have such a thing to begin with? Well, I guess we shouldn't question it.

The rest they say, is history.

Volcompat was a Townie. We will now begin the next night phase. Remember, no one may post in this thread until the next day phase begins.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 23, 2009, 02:05 AM
The sun rises again, the bright light casting a warm glow upon the landfill. Lord Fronebullare is found in his private estate, gunshot to the side of the head while laying in his velvet-covered bed. On his forehead is a :wacko: , carved into it like the Zorro of old.

Also found are the bodies of Alnet and Autumn, located in a dumpster behind the GOD factory. Notes pinned to their body identify themselves as townie and mafia respectively. They have been eliminated for lengthy absence.

It is now the Day Phase, so all players can talking in this thread again.

Tessu
Aug 23, 2009, 02:32 AM
Losing three four townies in one round? Totally not fair! >:[

Okay, well, let's get down to bidness...

There are only seven of us left. I'm kinda speculating Outrider due to his rush to end the round... maybe he had other things to plan after the round ended and wanted to get to those duties before he had to leave?

Leviathan
Aug 23, 2009, 02:38 AM
Outrider's sudden want to make the round leave does prove to be suspicious...

So does Mix. He seemed a bit too cool

Nai was quick to remove attention from himself too.

Tess posts here rather quickly to believe she may have some ties the mafia...

I'm going to have to stew about this and see how it pans out.

Tessu
Aug 23, 2009, 03:22 AM
Nai was quick to remove attention from himself too.

Not just the way he removes attention from himself, but the way he points attention at others. When I began to reconsider my decision to vote for Volcompat, he strongly advised against it. And, look, Volcompat was innocent. Hmmm!

Nitro Vordex
Aug 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
Nai is very suspicious, as I've never seen him be happy towards anyone, not even ast.

Time to get this rollin', because it'll nag at me if I don't.

Vote: Nai

Nai_Calus
Aug 23, 2009, 04:15 PM
I am deeply wounded Tessu. I was wrong about Volcom, yes, but you still can't deny that his bloodthirsty attitude towards Ast was highly suspicious. And might I point out that I've been one of the most concerned posters about the evilness of the mafia jerks? I want them taken down.

I don't know who to vote for this round, it'll take some thought.

Nitro voting on me solely because I'm not generally cheerful seems rather suspicious to me, like he's just trying to get me out as quickly as possible. Not being happy all the time doesn't make me evil. ;_;

Tessu harping on my errors is also suspicious, as she too has made errors, just as we all have.

Mix is a bit too cool, like he doesn't care at all. I don't know if I can trust someone that calm. Very suspicious.

Outrider did seem to want to hurry things along last time, yes, which is awfully suspicious. Haste is bad in this for us townies but good for those mafia jerks.

Gentlemen is quiet. Way, way too quiet. Like he's trying to be forgotten. It'd certainly be a good way to throw us off the trail, as we all focus on our fellow concerned townies who want to take down the mafia.

Levi seems a little too innocent to not be up to something. And fairly quiet.

We can't have any more mistakes, we've got too few townies left and I don't want the mafia to win.

I can't vote yet, I have to think carefully and re-read the thread. I've got my suspicions, with a Big Three, but for now... There's just no way I can decide. We have to be too careful and take it too slow to rush into voting right away.

Leviathan
Aug 23, 2009, 07:06 PM
Vote: Nai.

Outrider
Aug 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
I mean - I did have to go on vacation. You might notice that I didn't post for several days there.

I really feel like a lot of the people who are really getting into the game are more like mafia members than not.

Based on that assumption, I'm going to go back to one of my earlier guesses and say Tessu.

Vote: Tessu

I'm also kind of hoping that this game ends sooner rather than later so that the next time we play one, I'll have a better grasp of how the game works, so that's kind of why I'm being so haphazard with my posts.

Gentlemen
Aug 24, 2009, 08:02 PM
I've been out for awhile myself. Kind of sad to come to town to see so many friends slain in this witch hunt. It seems like quite a few people are quick to judge yet slow to take blame. I have to say Tess has been wrong one too many times for my taste.

Mixfortune
Aug 24, 2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry Tess.

Nai_Calus
Aug 24, 2009, 08:12 PM
After careful deliberation, I've gotta say Tessu as well. The way she implies me so strongly but hasn't voted yet, like she's waiting for me to get enough votes but minus one to then slam the last one on me. Feels very much like heavy-handed mafia scumtactics.

Edit: Whoops, mix posted while I was typing and now I look like a total hypocrite. :< Doesn't change anything, though.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 24, 2009, 08:20 PM
That's majority vote for Tessu!

The remaining townies are getting desperate, they needed a scapegoat and they needed it quick. Slowly, hysteria had spread. The pointing of fingers flew around like the spin of a bottle. Unfortunately, today was Tessu's spin on the wheel of misfortune. The town put some thought into a punishment for the fair maiden, and only found it acceptable for her to meet her iron counterpart.

Tessu was a Townie. The game shall now move into night phase. No one may post in the thread until the day phase begins.

SpikeOtacon
Aug 24, 2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlahvvymkxc

The sun rises once again over the landfill. Leviathan's body is found in the back alley of the Subway, a sharpened d20 found embedded into her skull. She was never one to let the meat get spoiled, but it looks like her beef is roasted.

And that's the game! The Mafia now outnumber the townies:

Outrider - Townie
Nitro_Vordex - Townie

to

Gentlemen - Mafia
Mixfortune - Mafia
Nai_Calus - Mafia

The Mafia Wins.

Thanks for playing everyone! If there's enough interest I'll start a second round as soon as possible. I've made a few changes to promote a smoother experience for all players, so hopefully we'll get as many, if not more, players this time around.

Nai_Calus
Aug 24, 2009, 08:40 PM
Gentlemen.

Gentlemen
Aug 24, 2009, 08:40 PM
I never really was on your side...

Mixfortune
Aug 24, 2009, 08:42 PM
You got blood on my suit.

Randomness
Aug 24, 2009, 08:44 PM
*nuke lands on town*

Saw this coming.

Nai_Calus
Aug 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
Mmm, nuke. *eats it*

Leviathan
Aug 24, 2009, 08:59 PM
I fucking knew it!

Volcompat321
Aug 24, 2009, 09:02 PM
And you thought I was Mafia. Shame on you.

Mixfortune
Aug 24, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hoping townies studying over the Mafia posts now that they know who was who in prep for the next round. This was new for a lot of people so it'll be a good learning experience I think.

Also Ian was so suspicious at the end I almost wanted to vote for him myself.

zfighter14
Aug 24, 2009, 09:47 PM
Haha that was a nice game Spike. was reading it all. seemed very interesting. nice idea! ^^

astuarlen
Aug 24, 2009, 11:44 PM
Also Ian was so suspicious at the end I almost wanted to vote for him myself.

No kidding.
At least I got in on the pitchfork mob/witchhunt action before you jerks axed me.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 25, 2009, 12:31 AM
Haha, suckers.

astuarlen
Aug 25, 2009, 01:46 AM
Haha, suckers.

I saved your ass. You OWE ME. 8)

Mixfortune
Aug 25, 2009, 02:02 AM
No kidding.
At least I got in on the pitchfork mob/witchhunt action before you jerks axed me.

I was actually opting to have you stick around more to keep things interesting, maybe go Vol and try pinning it on you, but in the end figured that for a first run it'd be best to keep things fairly simple. Wasn't sure how effective a 'subtle trick' like that would be anyways.

Also I think they saw you more the threat than 'exploitable'. Again keeping it fairly simple.

Randomness
Aug 25, 2009, 08:35 AM
Haha, suckers.

Ironic that it would have been good for us if you died first, again.

Outrider
Aug 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
For the record, I snuck in my suspicions two weeks ago and called both Gentlemen and Mix:

I did a search surrounding Astuarlen's posts and Tess was trying too hard to seem like she's not involved.

EDIT: Nah, that would be a giveaway.

b;,h

b;,h shifted over by one key would be vlmg

V = Vol
L = Leviathan
M - Mixfortune
G = Gentlemen

Then again, I also called two townies, so that was no good. I may have had two out of four right on my early guesses, but I started going down the list in the wrong direction and got sidetracked by Tess. Ah well. Live and learn.

Really what I'm pointing out is that I'm terrible at this game.

Mixfortune
Aug 25, 2009, 01:26 PM
Ironic that it would have been good for us if you died first, again.

I'm not sure I follow the reasoning on this one.

astuarlen
Aug 25, 2009, 02:14 PM
Really what I'm pointing out is that I'm terrible at this game.

That's something we can all agree on relate to.

I'm not sure how much strategizing townies can actually employ in the standard game (without any special roles like cop, doctor, etc), and it's not too tough for the Maf to put on poker faces when no one has a face.

What we need is a spy. Too bad the spy was on the other team last time.

Outrider
Aug 25, 2009, 03:23 PM
What's the ratio between Mafia & Townies? I'm having a hard time seeing how the game can work if they're anywhere near even.

Mixfortune
Aug 25, 2009, 03:33 PM
It's true that almost all games will lynch a townie in the first round, which is why that starting night kill was a bit awkward. The potential suspects you get from it aren't any more suspicious than if there wasn't a kill, because there's no trends to base anything off of.

The key is, as what was happening, to not only note "this guy voted for them and now he's mafia killed, they must be protecting themselves!", which is easy to fake, but moreso how they actually contribute to being a townsperson. A townie doesn't really have a lot of need to hide anything based on being a townie, they'd do everything they can to actually throw all their information out there for the general good.

Mafia, not having that perspective, try as they might, won't have that same integrity.

Now, getting a bit meta and technical, the last round could've been approached from the angle that it was coming down to a 4/3 split with a four vote to lynch. It would've been able to deduce down to either 2 or 3 mafia remaining, since we knew one was out, and if Mafia started with 5 the game would've been over already, and starting with 2 wouldn't have seemed a very likely balance choice.

With this, assuming a possible 4/3 split, all the townies would have to correctly guess 100% of the time for the last three rounds to have a comeback. Mafia would have to jump all over the first townie vote to auto-win most efficiently. The fact Ian didn't get super-bopt in a whole day could be taken a sign that he couldn't be so easily removed for the win and was Mafia. Unless Nitro and/or Levi were Mafia trying to start something but that's definitely a lot riskier move if the townies jumped all over them for it, succeeded, and lynched the second out of association. Ian being way out there all Mafia-like secured that choice though.

I actually did plan on putting in the final vote for Ian if he got a third so it could buy us some confusion in the next two rounds, since we 'acted differently'.

Back to general town strats, Vol had some good plays. He put very slight pressure on people, didn't back down easily, yet with minimal actual tension. That kind of prolonged exposure on a Mafia, even overall harmless, can at times cause interesting responses that can give them away... unfortunately some seemed to see that as being too pushy and somehow voted due to that.

I imagine as a townie, it's much, much better to stick to a system for how you judge guilt or innocence. A LOT of posts ended up "This person is calm, he's mafia, also this person is not calm enough, he's mafia", "This person isn't active, he's mafia, and this one is too active, mafia". They just confuse themselves and the rest of the town. It's easier to stick to your guns. People might think this makes it easy for Mafia to adjust to hide based on what people find "innocent" but... that adjustment is exactly the weakness the Mafia have that can oust them as guilty.

Suspicions need to be based on who changed/contradicted themselves trying to dance around the various Townie stonefaced standards, not the Townies shifting around unsure and unknowingly blending in with the Mafia for them.

Mixfortune
Aug 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
What's the ratio between Mafia & Townies? I'm having a hard time seeing how the game can work if they're anywhere near even.

Starting with 14 players, one killed during Night Zero, so 13 when the game 'started'.
4/13 were Mafia, however two of the players who never showed, one was Mafia and one was Town.
During gameplay the actual breakdown was 3/12, which is a fairly normal breakdown.

Usually you have about three days of pure mistakes until Mafia landslides can take affect without being super suspicious and a giveaway.