PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new S3 missions?

Ryna
Aug 8, 2009, 08:27 AM
As the topic title suggests, what do you think of the new S3 missions? Are they a nice update? Do you think they are challenging (in as much as PSU can be challenging)? Have you had any luck with item drops?

I did a couple of laps yesterday and was fairly satisfied with the jump in difficulty from the S2 missions. The solo battle I had as a Master Force with Dimmagolus was too time-consuming for my tastes though.

Powder Keg
Aug 8, 2009, 08:49 AM
I only had time for a lap yesterday...and I think it's safe to say the only thing I'm not going to like about it are the robots, as I've been focusing on my fighter lately. >:(

But overall I'm excited that we finally have S3 missions. Having the older missions with higher level enemies brings a lot more variety to the table.

darkante
Aug 8, 2009, 08:58 AM
I havenīt bothered, but the idea is nice.
I hope ST expands to more S3 variants soon.

Maybe, i will get back then.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 09:44 AM
The change in missions is amazingly fun. Some of them I havn't played in yeards. I like the wide open missions for a change. They are not difficult enough, however. Its sad to say that SEGAC isn't going to release end-game content and missions for years... :(

garjian
Aug 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
S3's...
theyre waaay too easy...
waaay too boring...
and with it being a GBR... ill be able to get anything 'rare' that drops from them in a few days for 100k...

as for the people running s2's and below right now... LOL xD...
people are just following the pack...
why would anyone want to run missions with sub-par everything... where all the rares were ruined by the last GBR there...

if these people really needed white beast, theyd be doing it now...

...no...

they just follow the herd wherever it may go... :/

The_Brimada
Aug 8, 2009, 10:21 AM
Well playing as my character that barely meets the requirements, its quite challenging but with my higher characters its kinda meh. No good drops for me yet, but not fretting over it.

ashley50
Aug 8, 2009, 10:24 AM
its "meh"...

it's simply an S2 mission if compared to AoI S2 missions. Ad the drops? also "meh"...
oh yeah...I hate Moatoob.

NDW
Aug 8, 2009, 10:29 AM
I've ran through it once and I'm already bored of it. Instead of running the GBR, I'm going to take advantage of the 3* luck period and hunt Vijeri / Resist's all day and all night for 3 weeks.

Gen2000
Aug 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
If they were released earlier then they would have been...ok at best. Right now they are pretty horrible but better late than never I guess. Drops overall are either pretty much garbage or obsolete now. Maybe 1 or 2 things to get excited about but not enough to really make me care to log on much nowadays.

*back to BlazBlue*

Neith
Aug 8, 2009, 11:02 AM
The missions themselves are decent enough, v1 always had way more interesting missions than AoI.

However, even after just one day, I'm not sure I can see the point in doing full GBR laps when so little stuff drops of interest. I don't play Figh or GT, so Deathrain/Simba aren't things I want.

As for the challenge, I thought Rogues' Shortcut and Desert Terror were easy enough (as Newman FM). Stolen Weapon wasn't too bad, although I did have a good Protranser in the team who took care of the problem spawns. Desert Goliath though....ugh. I love the boss fight (Magas is awesome, great fun), but the Seeker/Tirentos robots are a pain when their missiles follow you for so long. I tried solo as a MF (thinking she'd take care of the bots easily), and it was really annoying. Block 2 was even worse once I started getting Special Ops (Assault) showing up.

Overall, it's a disappointing GBR. While it does give me something to do (and running v1 missions again is nice), it would have been so much more interesting if Desert Stronghold had been added or indeed if there were any worthwhile drops for people who don't play Figh/GT. (And no, Lumirus/Power Charge does NOT count as worthwhile).

Mikura
Aug 8, 2009, 11:20 AM
Did a couple of laps yesterday, then focused on Desert Goliath for MP on my MF. Overall, it's just..."okay." Nothing of interest drops from any of the missions, so there's little incentive to run full GBR laps, and some of the missions are just annoying to solo. It's good for a change of pace, but that's really all I can say about it.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 11:31 AM
Oh I almost forgot. The MP is amazing! With how fast you beat these missions, you get more MP than most event missions!

Mikura
Aug 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
Oh I almost forgot. The MP is amazing! With how fast you beat these missions, you get more MP than most event missions!

Yeah, if you got some people with you, Desert Goliath is pretty nice. Only 2 blocks, and a huge amount of MP. That's about the only reason I'm running it at all. lol

Delete
Aug 8, 2009, 11:56 AM
Really boring S3's. I wasn't expecting a lot from them, but why the hell am I still seeing Shigga bines and Muktrands in these missions? The boss boxes are embarrassing as well, I know it's an old run, but 12 boxes just don't cut it to be honest. All and all though I guess I can't really say much because the drops for the upcoming events kinda suck too. : /

http://psupedia.info/Longterm_schedule

Most of them anyway.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 12:11 PM
Desert Stronghold should have come out. Now diad prices are even more outragous than before...

Rust
Aug 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
Didn't bother resubbing for it.
I'm growing kinda sick of GBRs and events ; spamming the same crap for a minimum of three weeks is way too long. Such events should last one week (or having a rotation of one mission a week, like the 1UP Cup, for events with several missions), not more.

Being able to do Moatoob v.1 missions again with higher level monsters is nice and all, but those S3 missions will still be around when I come back and feel like running on good ol' Moatoob. I really don't feel like spamming them to death for no real reason at the moment.

Zos
Aug 8, 2009, 02:09 PM
desert goliath is the only mission worth doing, and the drops arent even really special aside from lumira hp restore, and a few other things.

Kylie
Aug 8, 2009, 06:02 PM
LOL. Those results don't encourage me to log on and try 'em. >_>

Tetsaru
Aug 8, 2009, 06:14 PM
I don't even play anymore, and I can tell this update sucks... it's not challenging enough (Lv. 140 enemies when our cap is at Lv. 160??), and it just rehashes old content. Sure, you have a few "new" drops (nice job continuing to unlock content off the disc, Segac, you're still not impressing anyone), but the same repetitive gameplay remains.

When will they ever learn... :disapprove:

Katy
Aug 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
If they were to undo their nerf on Desert Terror and Desert Goliath then I'd be all over that. Sadly those 2 stages went from way too difficult to way too easy.

I'll be using these 3 weeks to finishing up my techs, maybe some V/Resist hunting and Innocent Girl spamming for mats/repca (maybe).

Noblewine
Aug 8, 2009, 06:43 PM
I haven't tried it yet but I will. I can't wait.

NDW
Aug 8, 2009, 06:58 PM
I'll be using these 3 weeks to finishing up my techs, maybe some V/Resist hunting and Innocent Girl spamming for mats/repca (maybe).

That's what I'm doing right now. :p

EDIT: I can't believe I got one on my 12th run! :o

ChibiBecca
Aug 8, 2009, 11:29 PM
I just had some nice runs with a bunch of other people.. i get lost so often on moatoob maps (keep getting an A rank, grr) normally that i just don't bother to run there. The bosses were no problem when faced with a pack of techers and gunners. :p

the MP is pretty good, Grid went from GT 11 to GT15 just today. ^^

Ruru
Aug 9, 2009, 01:18 AM
same old drops, same old annoying bosses, same old boring moatoob.

wake me up when the supplemental update comes

God_Shiden
Aug 9, 2009, 03:31 AM
Being the ForteTecher demon that I am, I am not liking all those no element rogues you find in the last 2 missions....Just find them annoying to me. Other than that I could care less....I cant even use this time to hunt anything....

jobber
Aug 9, 2009, 09:05 AM
solo'd DGS3 yesterday. My average time for a solo run on S2 was around 17 minutes. S3 solo time was 31 minutes. The boss fight actually took more time. The bots were no problem since my killer shot is up to lvl 50 and I had 14 rifles with me. I did go through a lot more photon chargers. Didn't find anything rare either but the EXP and mission points were great.

Squirrel3D
Aug 9, 2009, 12:55 PM
Extremly dissapointing GBR. There's just no excuse not to have 160 enemies in a S3 mission for crying out loud!!

The only enemies that really give me any kind of challage of the bots with the heat seeking missles. I think my gaming time should be better spent elsewhere.

Keilyn
Aug 9, 2009, 01:00 PM
They are ok, but the GBR on missions that do not contain many good drops outside of a handful for few types is very strange.

As for the Tirento Robots:

These robots seem tp take less damage from bullets and striking weapons. They take more damage from techs....however although lightning-based, they are very susceptible to Shock. A pair of twin handguns at level 11 - 20 (Twin Shock) shocks them very fast...then you can let your fighmaster or fortefighter take care of the rest.

The same is true for the enemies that shoot DamFoei and Diga...They are highly susceptible to a level 11 - 20 Twin Grav which will silence them.

I found myself supporting players while leveling up Acrofighter and this really helps a group a lot. I know its not a masterforce going crazy with techs...but it works well in their absense.

Oh yes...for those who have trouble with the rouges who carry guns.....Zoldeel will lower their accuracy far enough to not be of any threat to any group.

bupjo
Aug 9, 2009, 04:32 PM
reminds me back in the days i use to run these missions b4 AOTI came out. wish they did S3 for TUNNEL RECAPTURE, one of my favorite moatoob missions. i really have no complaints about it because im happy sega finally added them. one thing and im getting off topic, but it blows me away how people find anything to complain about in terms of this game....now im seeing an 'NO END GAME' bitching trend. ive played this game since its release back in 2006, and maybe these are new players ('07, '08, '09 maybe, dunno) but NOW ive seen more than a few people complain about no end game. but there is an end game, turn off PSU and play something else, that should end it right there. back on topic, looking forward to some S3' on parum and neudaiz...someday

MissCelsiusX
Aug 9, 2009, 04:46 PM
I don't think the S3 missions are really anything that special except for the fact that there are a few rare drops

Buts its nice to go back and play the old missions on a much higher rank and i hope S3 missions continue to come out for all of the other missions

kyle21
Aug 10, 2009, 10:44 AM
All I can really do is 2 loops at a time, it's just too boring and nothing is dropping which doesn't make it any more fun... But I'm still gonna try and get 50% boost within these 3 weeks, hopefully.

Anyone know how many points it takes to get 50%?

Neith
Aug 10, 2009, 01:02 PM
one thing and im getting off topic, but it blows me away how people find anything to complain about in terms of this game....now im seeing an 'NO END GAME' bitching trend. ive played this game since its release back in 2006, and maybe these are new players ('07, '08, '09 maybe, dunno) but NOW ive seen more than a few people complain about no end game. but there is an end game, turn off PSU and play something else, that should end it right there. back on topic, looking forward to some S3' on parum and neudaiz...someday

People who want 'endgame' just want the game to be finalised like PSO was. (Add all the best items, crank up the level cap and so on, then let us just play until the server is taken down). I haven't seen any threads complaining there's no endgame, but lately it's been mainly complaints about this GBR having almost nothing of value.

I don't necessarily agree with giving us endgame, but I've always been dead against the drip-feeding content we've seen since PSOBB. When you only give people a small amount of new stuff, it gets spammed to death and everyone gets bored faster.

Also, people who say 'go play another game'; I'd like to see them show me a sci-fi setting game, with a battle system similar to PSO/PSU (not point and click like most MMORPGs), with most of the same features. There's a reason all of us still play PSU, and it's because we like the core game dynamic. Hell, the reason I play PSU (aside from friends) is just because it's different to other online RPGs like WoW/FFXI which bore the hell out of me. PSU's core is refreshingly different, but the game is constantly let down by an unethusiastic development team in Japan.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
If they were released earlier then they would have been...ok at best. Right now they are pretty horrible but better late than never I guess. Drops overall are either pretty much garbage or obsolete now. Maybe 1 or 2 things to get excited about but not enough to really make me care to log on much nowadays.

*back to BlazBlue*

LOL. Holy crap Gen. I'm thinking the same thing you are. I've done S3 twice and I'm like "Honestly? This is what everyone was freakin out about?" and after polishin off my second run I went back to BlazBlue. I still have about 23% more of Noel's storyline to finish up (I gotta get the true ending and the Losing scenes to Lichi and Toakaka). But yea, to me GBR seems kinda...bleh. I don't know why. I just don't find GBR to be exciting. At all. Especially since its on Moatoob. I freakin hate Maotoob.

JAFO22000
Aug 10, 2009, 02:14 PM
They are absolutely BOOOOOOORRRRINGGGG! I soloed DT and DG then turned PSU off. About halfway through DG I thought to myself "Why am I doing this!?!?!?".

GBR is a really good idea to get players to play missions which aren't popular, but it has to be worthwhile for SOMETHING! I don't need MP nor PA frags. I don't need ANYTHING that can drop (I play a MF), and I find these missions kind of a snorefest to run (I agree with the OP about a MF fighting Dimma. MAN, what a PITFA he is!).

Anyway, as for the S3 missions, big woopty-do. Same enemies. Same attack patterns. Same landscape. Same music...."Hey, let's give the enemies MORE HP, MORE DEF and MORE ATT, slap an S3 sticker on it and package it as New Content!! Then when that gets old, we just do the same and slap an S4 sticker on it....then S5 and S6...hell, we could go on forever like this!!"

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2009, 08:54 PM
Seems like more and more people lately are realizing what I've been trying to say all this time about PSU...

Oh well, if you guys still enjoy paying $10 a month for constant Sega bullshit, that's your call. =/

MadDogg
Aug 10, 2009, 08:57 PM
Seems like more and more people lately are realizing what I've been trying to say all this time about PSU...

Oh well, if you guys still enjoy paying $10 a month for constant Sega bullshit, that's your call. =/

Man, do you have like any kind of social life? I noticed in a recent topic you said you quit playing this game like on the 5th of this month or somewhere around that time frame right? So why in the hell do you constantly hang around these boards posting the same damn nonsense in like every topic you post in? You don't have any friends to play another online game with or something?

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
Man, do you have like any kind of social life? I noticed in a recent topic you said you quit playing this game like on the 5th of this month or somewhere around that time frame right? So why in the hell do you constantly hang around these boards posting the same damn nonsense in like every topic you post in? You don't have any friends to play another online game with or something?

For one, YES, I DO have friends to play FF11 with... a much more well-managed game than PSU is, I might add.

Two, I ALSO have friends from PSU on these boards. A lot of them feel the same way I do.

Three, I still frequent these boards to see how Sega is "progressing" and what the general consensus is on their "updates." Frankly, all I see is a downward spiral - look at the poll in this thread for your proof. People continue to play PSU, but always get pissed off about it?? It doesn't make sense to me. This game COULD succeed so much better if it were just handled better. =/

Four, why the hell is it your problem anyway? I have a right to post on these boards just as much as you do.

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2009, 10:14 PM
All you friggin' do is whine on a damn game forum, a game you quit some days ago. You must have one crappy ass social life if all you do is stick around on these forums to whine. Every damn post you made from what I read is whining about sega or the game.

You talk about how PSU players have nothing better to do then waste 10 dollars a month playing this game, at least the players are doing something. All you do is sit around these forums, bitching and moaning. All I'm saying is, do you have ANYTHING else to do except sit around these forums whining all day? Any PC games you like, PS2 games, anything that you can just chill and play for awhile, then come back to this game when there is a update you like, like every other PSU player does that gets burned out from this game's lack of updates.

I'm just saying, it gets annoying reading a topic on these boards about a particular subject, then you show up with the same god damn bitching posts you always make. Surely you have something else better to do with your time?

Well, I've burned out on most of my consoles games atm, the games I DO want to get don't come out until either later this year or next year, AND I'll be going back to college in a week or so, so go figure. Living in low-population redneck town doesn't help matter much either. =/

*EDIT* - Well dayum, mods are running rampant again, and now I have a double post on this thread... I might as well leave for now; I'm obviously well-hated around here nowadays, and I see nothing but negativity around here too. -_-

Powder Keg
Aug 10, 2009, 10:58 PM
You'll never be satisfied.

GTFO and good riddance.

and I see nothing but negativity around here too. -_-

Pot, meet Kettle.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 11, 2009, 12:48 AM
You'll never be satisfied.

GTFO and good riddance.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Tetsaru is always well spoken and has more experience with PSU than the majority of posters. If you disagree with something that is posted then formulate an argument to support your side instead of trolling or making quips.

MetaZedlen
Aug 11, 2009, 01:08 AM
Tetsaru is always well spoken and has more experience with PSU than the majority of posters. If you disagree with something that is posted then formulate an argument to support your side instead of trolling or making quips.

I guess that people here with the same piss poor amount of intelligence bind together.

stinkyfish97
Aug 11, 2009, 02:20 AM
This game lost most of its apeal after I quit smoking weed daily. i still enjoy the occasional run and perhaps even the occassional all-nighter but I dont play this game to death anymore. I have played this game for almost all of its existence. Its hard to imagine this but I joined just as the level cap jumped from 60 to 80. I know not exactly the very first but still I feel I have put my quality time in to not be considered................a noob anymore. LOL. Seriously though in the first year I put 3000 hours on one character 950 on another and like 100 hours on each of the other 2. Now I am lucky to put in maybe 5-6 hours a week. No I dont have all my bullets, techs or melee lvld to max and I dont really care to at this point. The game is not exactly boring its just that, well the mature audience has left this game. When I first joined up there were a lot more people between 17-26. Now I am lucky to find a person who talks and when I do it is some freakin little guy screaming into his mic. What can you do though. I kinda feel that this game lost me and both kept me around paying buy making it so easy to get messeta. I dont play as much because well it is boring because you know that nothing is really rare anymore. After maybe a week you usually can find what you are looking for. Back when PSU first began for me rares were obscenely difficult to obtain. After even 2-3 weeks solid you most likely would not get what you wanted. Damn Halarod, curse you and your impossible drop rate Jarba. LOL. I miss those days. There was much I miss. It is much more convinient now however, everything is so easy to get, even if I quit, sell off everything, I can come back months later and still easily jump back into things, within a week to two weeks Ill be right back on top. Sorry for the rant its just old missions bring back memories. I really hope that the content for 175+ creatures hits all at once, no GBR right away. I mean that way maybe it will diversify the community to hunt everywhere instead of just one place. Anyways peace. much psu love.

stinkyfish97
Aug 11, 2009, 02:24 AM
Forgot great update any update is a great update. All those 100000+ people barely suffered through no updates for months upon months upon months upon months of nothing but server maintainance. LOL. I am actually quite pleased with how PSU is doing things right now, except for the lag.

Ce'Nedra
Aug 11, 2009, 04:56 AM
I find them to be rather boring, and the drops are pretty crappy too.

If only Dimmagolus would actually drop something "decent" instead of only mot ebon's and other 7-8* items that are absolutely useless.

Voted "it gives me something to do"

Volcompat321
Aug 11, 2009, 05:21 AM
I'm obviously well-hated around here nowadays, and I see nothing but negativity around here too. -_-

I like you Tet. Remember when I hated you...I sure was stupid :(
Anyway, I welcome you to these forums because I love reading your posts.
You make very valid points, and people just start shooting you down by making fun of your "social life" or anything else, but to disprove you, because they cant!
I say keep posting, I love to see what you have to say, because unlike these people that just have a one track mind, I like to listen to everyone, whether it be bad or good.
I think that's the point of these threads, you know, to post opinions.
To stay on topic, I haven't played since early last month, I kinda want to get back into the game, though at the same time I don't yet.
I never liked GBR's cept the one during StD. I hate "having" to get a high % for GBR and still get nothing.
I usually have horrible luck finding anything. I didn't even get a Milla from the event, and I played it for weeks. I ended up trading for one, wasting a 10/10 Snake on it, though it was to a friend, so not such a waste.
Anyway, that's my two sense.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 11, 2009, 09:51 AM
Meh, honestly...this is the time where I kinda wind down with the PSU and play other games. I mean, I still play. Just not that often. This "event" is more like a siesta to me. Time to take breaky breaks from all the mindless killing and do stuff. But when I am on I usually take the time to level up my PMs REO Speedwagon, Black Sabbath, Dimmu Borgir, and Tenacious D. Along with some skills...and gettin some money...while listenin to a Billy Mayes Gangsta Rap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tyct9l-fD8

The_Brimada
Aug 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

Not saying Tetsaru is wrong in what he says (because he's absolutely right), but I don't see the point in complaining about something he's not even playing anyway. I wouldn't dub him as a bawwer though becausee I've seen far worse on these forums ironically

As for the poll wake me up when in 3 weeks, or better yet when september ends. If Stronghold were added it would give me a bit more incentive to play. As of right now, when I do half a GBR Lap I'm already done playing for the day.

DAMASCUS
Aug 11, 2009, 12:02 PM
I thought that one of the benefits of S3 would be the emergence of more S2 rank materials(13*) but I haven't seen any.

Are they dropping yet or do the enemies levels have to much higher still??

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 11, 2009, 01:21 PM
Lord, I tried doin a full GBR run. Chalk it up to ADD or something but dang yo. Even with my custom music its boring. Yet...for some reason I have this urge to play Red Faction: Guerilla. Don't know why. I just...wanna break stuff. With a hammer. While giggling like a school girl.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 11, 2009, 05:31 PM
I guess that people here with the same piss poor amount of intelligence bind together.

Thank you for proving my point.

Not saying Tetsaru is wrong in what he says (because he's absolutely right), but I don't see the point in complaining about something he's not even playing anyway. I wouldn't dub him as a bawwer though becausee I've seen far worse on these forums ironically

As for the poll wake me up when in 3 weeks, or better yet when september ends. If Stronghold were added it would give me a bit more incentive to play. As of right now, when I do half a GBR Lap I'm already done playing for the day.

I look at it this way, Tetsaru may not always be positive in his posts but he always provides support for his opinions. He never insults others and always keeps his replies on topic. Who cares if he still plays PSU or not? Does that invalidate his experience because he decided to quit? Heck no, so why not learn from his experience.

MetaZedlen
Aug 11, 2009, 08:52 PM
Thank you for proving my point.

Apparently you didn't catch the fact that I was slamming you something terrible, so thank YOU for proving MY point XD.

Squirrel3D
Aug 11, 2009, 11:07 PM
It's funny how lately I've gone through a connection issue with the game, and yet I found the S3 missions boring. Now that I've gotten my connection issue fixed, I may not feel so bored of them anymore.

.....I wonder if the connection issue was just telling me to aviod the S3 GBR for a while. 0_o

Tetsaru
Aug 11, 2009, 11:07 PM

I'm not sure if that was an insult towards me, but I can damn well say that the arguments I provide are a lot more intelligent than the shit you've been spewing out lately. I don't see you posting any valid arguments as to why I should keep throwing my money away towards this game. =/

I realize I may have gone overboard a bit, but as long as Sega keeps sucking and does nothing to fix it, I'm going to keep bitching about it until someone up there gets a clue and does something about it, or goes bankrupt again trying (at which I'll probably laugh my ass off and say I told ya so). Had I the power, I would've made my own private server of the game, with everything unlocked and balanced as best I can, for everyone to play for free... but I don't have that power, and thus I write about it and play other games. It's all I CAN do, really.

I'll try to stop being so "whiny" with my posts if it'll cream your twinkie, but I'm still going to stand my ground on these forums and post my opinions as I see fit. Now if you have something smart (NOT smart-ass, mind you) to add to this topic, I'm all ears. That goes for the rest of you too.

For those of you that continue to appreciate what I have to say, I thank you. For those of you that continue to insult me... I challenge you to post your own opinions on what should be done to better the state of PSU.

I'm not trying to pick fights with anyone here... I'm just posting my thoughts on a forum. You can either read what I have to say and discuss things with me, agree or disagree.... or stfu and do something else.

Dealbreaker
Aug 11, 2009, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure if that was an insult towards me, but I can damn well say that the arguments I provide are a lot more intelligent than the shit you've been spewing out lately. I don't see you posting any valid arguments as to why I should keep throwing my money away towards this game. =/

I realize I may have gone overboard a bit, but as long as Sega keeps sucking and does nothing to fix it, I'm going to keep bitching about it until someone up there gets a clue and does something about it, or goes bankrupt again trying (at which I'll probably laugh my ass off and say I told ya so). Had I the power, I would've made my own private server of the game, with everything unlocked and balanced as best I can, for everyone to play for free... but I don't have that power, and thus I write about it and play other games. It's all I CAN do, really.

I'll try to stop being so "whiny" with my posts if it'll cream your twinkie, but I'm still going to stand my ground on these forums and post my opinions as I see fit. Now if you have something smart (NOT smart-ass, mind you) to add to this topic, I'm all ears. That goes for the rest of you too.

For those of you that continue to appreciate what I have to say, I thank you. For those of you that continue to insult me... I challenge you to post your own opinions on what should be done to better the state of PSU.

I'm not trying to pick fights with anyone here... I'm just posting my thoughts on a forum. You can either read what I have to say and discuss things with me, agree or disagree.... or stfu and do something else.
Believe me your not the only one that feels this way about this game....

Sure there will always be people who will stand by segac no matter what. I will never understand it but its just how it is. This game makes people a little insane and the fact that you trash it makes them feel like you are attacking them.. Most of us sane people playing this game understand how bad it is right now.

If Segac had even half a brain they would really try to make this game work. Sadly we are not from there mother land so we all get spit on and thrown out the door.

Squirrel3D
Aug 11, 2009, 11:27 PM
Well I'll have to agree with both of you. When you can't even fix your ridicloius censor (still messed up since DAY ONE!), you know Segac isn't doing a single thing to fix this game.

It's gonna take more than some lackluster GBR S3 event to get people back into their game again. Lucky for them, I just use the boring event to kill time.

Dealbreaker
Aug 11, 2009, 11:36 PM
Well I'll have to agree with both of you. When you can't even fix your ridicloius censor (still messed up since DAY ONE!), you know Segac isn't doing a single thing to fix this game.

It's gonna take more than some lackluster GBR S3 event to get people back into their game again. Lucky for them, I just use the boring event to kill time.

Ive always loved you cant say help... That always killed me

Powder Keg
Aug 11, 2009, 11:47 PM

I could not have said it better myself. If only everyone else would realize this and move on.

You're either enjoying the game or you aren't. You know, I wish some of you were around in PSO when you literally had to worry constant game freezes, losing your items/data, or even worse, character corruption...then you'd really have something to complain about. Valid points are valid points, but the same copy+paste in each thread is getting really tiresome. Old news is old, etc.

NDW
Aug 11, 2009, 11:51 PM
Ive always loved you cant say help... That always killed me

What? I can say "help" on PSU. Well, at least on the Xbox 360 version that is. I don't know about PC/PS2.

Tetsaru
Aug 12, 2009, 12:04 AM
You know, I wish some of you were around in PSO when you literally had to worry constant game freezes, losing your items/data, or even worse, character corruption...then you'd really have something to complain about.

My friends and I actually had this happen quite frequently OFFLINE. We used to play offline multiplayer on PSO on Gamecube back in the day (kinda what started me on the series in the first place, actually). We'd always somehow fuck up moving our character data back and forth from one memory card to another... I remember it being a rather weird and confusing process. O_o;

That, and we had to be careful when duping items. :3

Mikura
Aug 12, 2009, 12:17 AM
What? I can say "help" on PSU. Well, at least on the Xbox 360 version that is. I don't know about PC/PS2.

We can say "help" on PC/PS2 too. >_> Also, I agree all the bitching and moaning about Sega is getting old. They may be entirely good and valid points, but it's like beating a dead horse. Truth be told, Sega will never get their act together, and nothing we say on here will ever change that.

Somnia
Aug 12, 2009, 12:20 AM
"Help" was indeed censored in the past, on Xbox 360. Those were funny times, watching newbies spam in confusion trying to find a way around it.

Dealbreaker
Aug 12, 2009, 12:54 AM
We can say "help" on PC/PS2 too. >_> Also, I agree all the bitching and moaning about Sega is getting old. They may be entirely good and valid points, but it's like beating a dead horse. Truth be told, Sega will never get their act together, and nothing we say on here will ever change that.

People need to vent... Its better here then with a pump shotgun outside segac's workspace.

Also we need to keep beating that dead horse... he owes me money :)

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 12, 2009, 01:37 AM
On-topic: I agree. Most of the complaining is getting on my nerves. Yeah, we all wish that SEGA would do certain things to help PSU out, but all we can do is hope for things to get better.

Keyword: hope

I think the truth of the matter is that we all want PSU to succeed. The players that always complain are upset because they see PSU as being capable of so much more. The players that defend PSU enjoy playing it despite its flaws.

It reminds me of coaching in a way as some coaches focus on the positive things that a team does well, while others make you think about the mistakes you made and helps you to avoid doing them in the future. Both coaches want the team to win, but their methods are quite different from one another.

Mikura
Aug 12, 2009, 01:53 AM
Well, I want PSU to succeed as much as anyone, and I "was" positive and hopeful a solid two years. But I just don't have the enthusiasm to keep up with that kind of attitude anymore. Not after what I've seen from Sega lately with the constant errors and long periods of time fixing said errors and issues. Now I just enjoy the game for what it is, and when things go bad, I just shrug it off and play something else until things eventually get fixed, because you just have to come to expect it from Sega. I don't even "vent" anymore because there's nothing worth mentioning that hasn't already been said a dozen times over.

My only glimmer of hope at all anymore is by some miracle, Sega makes an online Phantasy Star game for PS3/360/PC, and after all that's gone wrong with PSU, maybe learn from that past experience, and make a game that not only is epic and grand, with plenty to do for years, but also one that actually has good support from Sega. Truth be told though, a game like this would probably be in more capable hands of someone else, but I keep hoping that whatever funk Sega has been in now since the Dreamcast died, they'll eventually snap out of it and start making some good, quality games again. Because damn, I miss the Sega of old.

P.S. Haha sorry, I really didn't mean to stray off topic, but I guess I did some venting of my own there.

AlphaDragoon
Aug 12, 2009, 04:41 AM
Simple answer: Let Aksys Systems (the guys who made Phantasy Star Portable) make the next PS MMO on console/PC. Sega can supervise or something, but leave the actual development to people who, you know, care.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 12, 2009, 10:27 AM
Simple answer: Let Aksys Systems (the guys who made Phantasy Star Portable) make the next PS MMO on console/PC. Sega can supervise or something, but leave the actual development to people who, you know, care.

And whoever did the writing for BlazBlue and art style in as well. I wouldn't mind a "Teach Me Ms.Maya!" segment to help out newbies. That would be freakin sweet!

Squirrel3D
Aug 12, 2009, 01:20 PM
You're either enjoying the game or you aren't. You know, I wish some of you were around in PSO when you literally had to worry constant game freezes, losing your items/data, or even worse, character corruption...then you'd really have something to complain about.

And I know how that was back when I played PSO on the Dreamcast and Xbox. Sometimes when you joined a party, things frozed and you saw a camera shot from the top or something like that.

(if any of you remember the character 'Sailor Saturn' from PSO xbox, that was me)

Shin_Damion
Aug 12, 2009, 03:21 PM
I think its ok, but i rather take advantage of the 3* and hunt for other things

Cleptomaniac
Aug 12, 2009, 03:49 PM
At first, I didn't think I was going to enjoy running these missions with 1 or 2 drops that are decent. It turns out that they are a change of pace and I am actually enjoying running the missions. Last night was probably one of the best nights I've had on PSU in a long time.

My friends and I were just chatting and running missions before we realized it was 2 A.M. It's been a long time since that has been possible. I still wish we had alpha+ and beta+ right now. "/