PDA

View Full Version : PC Noszonde and Nosmegid Better Than Once Thought?

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 01:34 PM
We all know that the major downfall of these techs is how long you have wait for them to explode. What if you could make them detonate faster? While running missions, I noticed that after Noszonde hit a wall and disappeared, If you cast it right after that it explodes instantly. I noticed I was playing my techer while the program Joytokey was running. As we all know it makes your button turbo, acting is if you are pressing the button many many times per sec. while you are only holding down the button. So I wanted to see if you could exploit this little trick. You can!

If you have Joytokey running, and you cast a ra,gi,or basic tech, right after your charecter starts the casting animation, hold down the nos tech button. Then as soon as you hear the "chinc" sound effect for the nos tech, let go or start up a different tech. This makes the nos tech explode instantly or almost instantly if you are using a madoog.

This works with all tech weapons. For rods the nos tech explodes instantly, almost inside of your charecter. For tech-mags it explodes about the range of a ra tech (if you are using a har/smart).

I did some quick testing to see if this trick could be useful. I used a 30 sec countdown stopwatch to see how many times I could cast gizonde-noszonde-gizonde-noszonde ect. and then razonde-noszonde-razonde-noszonde ect. and these are the adverage results:

This was done by a Masterforce using a Har/Smart and lvl 50 Techs.

For Gizonde:
Rods: 12 gizonde casts / 11 noszonde casts (in 30 sec)
(Normally 19 razonde casts from a rod in 30 sec)

Tech-Mags: 13 gizonde casts / 12 noszonde casts (in 30 secs)
(normally 27 gizonde casts from a tech-mag in 30 sec)

For Razonde:
Rods: (Did not test for rods with razonde because the noszonde explodes to close you you to hit the enemies at ra-tech casting range) unless you are attacking up close monsters with ra techs then I applaud you for your dextarity and patience lol

Tech-Mags: 13 razonde casts / 13 noszonde casts (in 30 sec)
(Normally 24 razonde casts)

(note that results may be different for you considering external factors such as lag and graphic options)

In conclusion, when facing mobs of only 2-3 enemies, this "nos trick" can actually out perform conventional methods. Pretty situational but still very nice none the less. I am already doing more DPS against Dimmagolus using the nos trick casting razonde-noszonde-razonde-noszonde ect with a rod.

I am asking other PC techers to try this out using Joytokey and give me feedback on weather it works for them or not and if they find it useful or not.

I tried just pressing the button as fast as I could to make it work but it doesn't :( you have to use Joytokey for it to work. Also it is not useful for casting nosdiga because only one snake comes out and it only goes about one foot in front of you before disappearing. >_>

Happy teching! - Shou

Freshellent
Aug 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
I'm looking forward to the vid. There's lots of little tricks with lag and melee PAs that you can do, even the old WT Tech Cancel -> Melee PA trick. Very few are practical, if at all though.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 02:11 PM
A vid should be up withing an hour or so thanks to Grimace.

str898mustang
Aug 8, 2009, 02:17 PM
might have to try this when I get home(playing on a bad laptop that barely runs PSU)

Question.....did u set the two techs to one button?

what was ur configuration u used also? (technique position, auto-fire number)

UPDATE: just tried this and it works surprisingly good. U just have to time it right.

Tekershee
Aug 8, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah I noticed some differences when I was sinning nos techs with j2k. Depends how fast you set it as well and you seem to get different results.

I mean what.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 03:08 PM
Im partying with SB right now and its amazing!

lightdamage
Aug 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
Video is almost done uploading. I'll edit this w/a link as soon as it's done.

EDIT: Done, still processing. Enjoy the PS2 vidcap. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGcxX4NrPU

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks Grimace! SB will upload a White Beast clip we did using ramegid/nosmegid combo.

A new discovery it that if you are hit or nocked back, durring the animation you can hold the nos tech button and when you get up you will insta cast it. :D

One thing we have noticed is that it is kinda hard to heal yourself while doing this but it is worth it!.

In one of the rooms I was attacking enemies far away using ramegid and nocking down and damaging nearby enemies at the same time!

Edit: Do note that I mess up a few times in that vid. Once you get the hang of it, it works perfectly every time.

lightdamage
Aug 8, 2009, 03:52 PM
You're welcome, Shoubert.

Randomness
Aug 8, 2009, 03:53 PM
Nice trick. And frankly... gizonde>noszonde like that probably doesn't feel so good for the poor enemies either.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 04:13 PM
Good news for hybrids!

You can do a weapon combo and durring the animation, switch to your tech-mag and cast noszonde/nosmegid and it will insta-cast! (note your pallet will not show up while you do this)

Freshellent
Aug 8, 2009, 04:40 PM
Hah, well that's good to hear. Be nice to spice up the usual "rotation" with something like that.

Randomness
Aug 8, 2009, 04:47 PM
Now what I'd like to know is if it works the other way, say from offhand gun to wand.

Dragwind
Aug 8, 2009, 05:02 PM
Good news for hybrids!

You can do a weapon combo and durring the animation, switch to your tech-mag and cast noszonde/nosmegid and it will insta-cast! (note your pallet will not show up while you do this)

This has worked for a while now, but didn't become too useful.

Shou
Aug 8, 2009, 05:35 PM
Now what I'd like to know is if it works the other way, say from offhand gun to wand.
It seems to use the amount of time you held the button down durring the animation. So it you would only shave of the time it takes to fire a gun from the nos tech.

This has worked for a while now, but didn't become too useful.
Right I am going to use this trick for a while and come back and report on what techniques and combos are useful and which are not. So far when using rods, this is EXTREMELY useful it's almost heavan sent!

Tekershee
Aug 8, 2009, 07:21 PM
Just me or does this look like shift cancelling? Ah, shame we don't have that anymore.

Katy
Aug 8, 2009, 07:28 PM
At the 4 minute mark I was able to triple cast Nosmegid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbgGEM9JrSI

Randomness
Aug 8, 2009, 07:36 PM
Busted link?

Katy
Aug 8, 2009, 07:46 PM
Busted link?

No, I posted early. Youtube is uglifying the quality of my video. It'll work soon.

SabZero
Aug 9, 2009, 04:04 AM
Sounds like exploiting a glitch. Beware.

Shou
Aug 9, 2009, 08:37 AM
It ST would consider it exploiting a glitch then I would love to hear them say that techers must hold down the nos tech button for a full 3 seconds before releasing. :D That would also mean that they would have to say "Using a turbo controller while playing PSU will also get you banned". That would just be silly. As Drag said earlier, it has been around for a long time to use it with mele combo -> insta-nostech -> annother tech. Also its uses are quite limited and can really only truly be useful when fighting dark and earth enemies.

Also, we made sure and you can't stack megiverses or dam techs with it.

SabZero
Aug 9, 2009, 09:17 AM
Remember the goggle-rapid-laser-fire glitch? It was harmless, in that it didn't save you PP, just fire faster. SEGA made a fix for it when people abused it, which resulted in a delay when you switch to fps on a laser cannon.

I just don't want them to put a delay on nos TECHs, or worse.

Shou
Aug 9, 2009, 09:28 AM
Yes I remember. Hopefully they wont change anything and they will most likely won't. They have bigger glitches to fix on the 360 server. I have a friend that says you can still mechgun glitch and sword glitch D=. Now THOSE are real glitches lol. I could only imagine how crazy the mechgun glitch would be after the supplemental update and you are doing over 1000 damage per hit D:

RemiusTA
Aug 9, 2009, 01:44 PM
This isnt a 2D fighter. You shouldn't have to work hard / get hit / find ways to cancel animations to make something useful.

Umberger
Aug 9, 2009, 01:48 PM
They have bigger glitches to fix on the 360 server. I have a friend that says you can still mechgun glitch and sword glitch D=. Now THOSE are real glitches lol.

Megiverse stacking is still possible as well. It doesn't seem like it's consistently performable, but I've noticed it happening a few times while leveling it.

Gen2000
Aug 9, 2009, 03:28 PM
I don't think they fixed the Regrants glitch either.

Anyways I couldn't duplicate Nos-tech glitch on console using a Turbo Controller so I guess it really is PC onry. Funfun.

Dragwind
Aug 9, 2009, 06:05 PM
It just seems to be a matter of timing and not using lag. I was somehow able to replicate the trick once manually from just jamming the buttons, but was never able to do it again after that. If you have a fast enough turbo controller, It seems it should be able to work on a console.

The iffy part is the use of JoyToKey. I had a PM on the official forums from Clumsy claiming it's not to be used (since the forum software upgrade, PMs were wiped so I can't read it now). However, there are plenty of threads involving JoyToKey and turbo drivers for controllers over at the official forums, so this seems to be fine.

Shou
Aug 9, 2009, 08:04 PM
That is how I look at it too. It doesn't involve lag but timing. Also I did do it once with J2K off but was not really able to do it again whenever I wanted.

I made a little video that demonstrates it more clearly. Enjoy! also my first vid eva :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnx4si-AfPk

unicorn
Aug 10, 2009, 12:06 AM
Sounds like exploiting a glitch. Beware.

Seconded.

Although Turbo Controllers are allowed in PSU... If many players exploit something like this as a means of making run quicker, I can see ST delaying Nos-techs to a point of uselessness and call it a "fix".

It is an interesting find I must say! I want to try it sometime D:

desturel
Aug 10, 2009, 01:55 AM
Although Turbo Controllers are allowed in PSU... If many players exploit something like this as a means of making run quicker,

If you wanted to make a run quicker you'd switch from Masterforce to Gunmaster/Fighmaster. This is just making a mostly useless tech a bit more usable.