PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 possibly debuting soon, need help

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 9, 2009, 04:14 AM
a friend of mine said that someone would be willing to pay for a new 360 account for him and my friend also said he'd talk to that person about doing the same thing for my birthday (which is 3 weeks from today and I'll be turning 25).

so my question is what scammers, glitchers, and overall jerks should I look out for if I do join?

also who can I trust?

of course the rest of my guild on the 360 side (I'm the co-leader/co-founder of MOTBL) can be trusted.

this is my planned character lineup:

Mighty Earth Sage-M-Human (changed from CAST on original account)(main)
Jason Banner-M-Beast
MS Zeta-00 v1-M-CAST
Manatsu Kage-M-Newman

EDIT: my GT is mightyearthsage if you want to add me. I've been on my 360 some but not much. I'll be on it a lot more if I get a PSU account for it.

Freeze
Aug 9, 2009, 05:13 AM
I looked.

Just remember one rule, if some one is offering a deal that looks to good to be true, it usually is. Not sure if it is a good deal, do a search in player shops for the item to see what they're going for. Most likely the worst you'll run into is people who boot you from the party near the end of a mission. I personally haven't met any but I've heard it happens. Also make sure you get the expansion pack if you don't have it already because without it you'll miss all the new content and events.

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 9, 2009, 06:10 AM
I have the money to get the disc and the points for the expansion which I may get today.

my worry is how much space it'll take when I install the disc and the expansion to the HDD. I only have 7.4GB left which I may just drop Ninety-Nine Nights from my HDD until I get a 120GB HDD which'll hopefully be at the end of the month.

NDW
Aug 10, 2009, 11:33 AM
so my question is what scammers, glitchers, and overall jerks should I look out for if I do join?

also who can I trust?

There isn't a updated list of scammers, glitchers, and overall jerks from PSU listed somewhere, or at least not that I know of. You'll just have to watch out for scammers, report the glitchers (which I haven't seen in a while), and ignore/don't play with the jerks.

You can trust people that you've met and played with for a while. You can trust me as well! :3

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 10, 2009, 11:35 AM
is White Beast and SEED Express as popular on the 360 servers as it is on PC/PS2?

NDW
Aug 10, 2009, 01:23 PM
is White Beast and SEED Express as popular on the 360 servers as it is on PC/PS2?

I'm not sure how popular White Beast and SEED Express is on PC/PS2, but it is popular here on Xbox 360.

EDIT: ZeroTheBurninator beat me to it, lol.

@ZeroTheBurninator: Thanks for those links! I'll have to bookmark them.

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 10, 2009, 08:38 PM
my start on the 360 server is looking kind of doubtful right now.

I should be able to start by the end of the month at the latest.

hopefully enough people will invite me to rare missions so I can level quickly.

pinkace
Aug 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
a friend of mine said that someone would be willing to pay for a new 360 account for him and my friend also said he'd talk to that person about doing the same thing for my birthday (which is 3 weeks from today and I'll be turning 25)

Just wanna remind you that you don't need a paid '360 account' (XBL Gold?) to play PSU online. the free service, known as Xbox Live Silver, is all you need.

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 11, 2009, 06:16 PM
Just wanna remind you that you don't need a paid '360 account' (XBL Gold?) to play PSU online. the free service, known as Xbox Live Silver, is all you need.

that much I know already.

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 12, 2009, 12:24 AM
my debut on the 360 servers will be a definite by September 1st at the latest.

oh wow, almost 250 views to this thread and less than 20 posts. >_>

Warlock01
Aug 13, 2009, 04:09 PM
whats keeping you from coming sooner? are you letting your acc expire on pc/ps2 and concentrating on your xbox acc?
also, why are you moving over? is it the lack of population that made you move?

im curious as i was thinking of moving to pc side when i go to college in sept so i dont need to bring my xbox with me.

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 13, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna be on both servers actually but I'm favoring the 360 server more.

I'm pretty pissed off with some of my friends on PC/PS2 atm because I call them every couple days since I have their phone numbers and nobody answers or even calls back anymore.

where as the one friend I have that I met through PC/PS2 who now plays on the 360 actually picks up the damn phone.

another reason is the population. half of the people on my friend list on PC/PS2 either have quit or don't give a damn about me anymore.

so yeah, I might actually stay exclusive to the 360 side if I see fit.

RedRaz0r
Aug 14, 2009, 02:27 AM
Well if you need some more buddies to run with, add my gamertag. I'm still a pretty low level but I used to be pro, just had to make a new account. I got a bunch of buddies that I run with every day, it would be cool if you wanted to join us for some runs

GT: xRedRaz0rx

(0 is a zero)

Warlock01
Aug 14, 2009, 05:02 AM
wow that sucks sage. i suppose im gonna stick to the 360 side myself after your story.

ive a small decent group of people i runwith, very friendly, mature and usually online on a regular basis.
your more than welcome to join in.

gt RapidRise RM

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 14, 2009, 01:06 PM
lol I found smething to do at least until I can start in a couple weeks.

I've been playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fairly religiously on my PS3.

I may actually quit altogether in favor of Champions Online if it's free to play online.

garjian
Aug 16, 2009, 10:51 AM
I may actually quit altogether in favor of Champions Online if it's free to play online.

ahhh champions... im looking forward to that...

what all this about free?

Mighty Earth Sage
Aug 16, 2009, 01:34 PM
I'm HOPING it's free to play.

Mighty Earth Sage
Sep 11, 2009, 01:56 AM
looks like my start on 360 has been put on hold thanks to Game Stop. >_>

MadDogg
Sep 11, 2009, 08:08 AM
I'm HOPING it's free to play.

Lol oh goodness no. Its 14.99 a month to play. The only free MMOs are korean grindfest cash shop mmos. Currently playing champions on the PC waiting for the 360 version to come out, at least they give you a free month I guess.