PDA

View Full Version : PSU down??

Squirrel3D
Aug 9, 2009, 05:22 PM
I don't know what's going on but about 3 hours ago I was able to get online with this game, no problem.

Now I try to get in and it says that it cannot connect to the server. Something about maintenance. Am I the only one, or are other people having this issue?

Or...is there suppose to be downtime for a while?

Ryna
Aug 9, 2009, 05:56 PM
No problems here. I was able to login just now and a couple of hours ago without incident.

Squirrel3D
Aug 9, 2009, 07:28 PM
two hours later...I'm still getting that message. And it seems like it's just me right now.

Let's see..they got my $10 as of yesterday. I've been playing the game online since it first came out...october 2006. I've never had this problem until now.

And to think I'm wanting to play the currently boring GBR event just to kill some time....

Ryna
Aug 9, 2009, 07:34 PM
Exactly which error message are you receiving? It should give you an error number.

Squirrel3D
Aug 9, 2009, 09:29 PM
Exactly which error message are you receiving? It should give you an error number.

There's no number. I keep getting the message that I cannot connect to the server and it may be undergoing maintencance. And it asks me to check the offical site for maintencance infomation.

.......I hope someone didn't hack into my account. (and not just PSU but Xbox Live as well)

Ryna
Aug 9, 2009, 09:51 PM
You may want to check to make sure you have a network connection and that a firewall isn't interfering with your 360.

Delete
Aug 9, 2009, 10:12 PM
There's no number. I keep getting the message that I cannot connect to the server and it may be undergoing maintencance. And it asks me to check the offical site for maintencance infomation.

.......I hope someone didn't hack into my account. (and not just PSU but Xbox Live as well)

This was happening to me yesterday actually, just wait it out the night and play tomorrow, worked for me.

Squirrel3D
Aug 9, 2009, 11:17 PM
This was happening to me yesterday actually, just wait it out the night and play tomorrow, worked for me.

I see. And I know everything is connected because as I said, it was working earlier in the day before this happened.

But it just happened to occur in a day where I got alot of free time. 8-)

Squirrel3D
Aug 10, 2009, 01:09 PM
Well guess what, Delete? I still have the issue. How could it work earlier yesterday, and not work later on in the day all the way to this point now?

To Ryna:

Well if I can connect to Xbox Live then it's not a network connection issue. My firewall settings were unchanged before this problem occured. So at this point I'm not sure what to think.

pinkace
Aug 10, 2009, 09:54 PM
Lets play Troubleshooting!

take these steps in order, and shut down your 360 every time before taking the next step.

1. If you are using the 360 wireless adapter, remove it, reboot the 360, and install it again.

2. If you are using the 360 wireless adapter, try using the wired connection.

3. Make sure your PC is off.

4. Unplug switch and/or router, then Cable/DSL/FIOS modem. Wait 3 minutes, plug in modem and wait for the connect light to work before plugging in the router/switch.

5. Connect your 360 directly to the modem if you don't have it that way already.

if none of these helped, try the following:

6. if you are on a home network, use your PC to check the status of the network. Open your internet browser of choice and go to 192.168.1.1 and login using the information provided by your... provider. See if the 360 connected (check the IP address on the console's settings, then find it on the list of attached devices). Make sure no services are disabled on that IP address.

Please make sure your 360 is shut down every time before you try a new step. I know its a pain. Good luck!

Squirrel3D
Aug 11, 2009, 10:44 PM
Well I do not own a wireless connector for the X360, so I went straight to step 6. I had to reset my router because I lost the password, and did all the things that was said in this step.

Now I'm back in the game. Thank you so much, pinkace!

*can this thread be closed now?*

pinkace
Aug 12, 2009, 10:19 AM
Saving the world, one PSU session at a time :)