PDA

View Full Version : PSU, are you okay?

Grayburg
Aug 9, 2009, 08:51 PM
I just bought another month to check out the new GBR.. Lol

Is the population really like.. 20 people? I only saw one group running GBR that wasn't S3, and the few S3s I did see were solo parties.

This game looks hilariously dead. The shop prices are so silly, too. Since when were Kan Yu's given away for 50k..?

NDW
Aug 9, 2009, 09:06 PM
You're on PC/PS2 I'm guessing?

deso123
Aug 9, 2009, 09:08 PM
sega should send you an apology email with a refund automatically

Grayburg
Aug 9, 2009, 09:11 PM
Yep, PC.

deso123
Aug 9, 2009, 09:27 PM
how many on 360? im still contemplating just for the lulz but prob not gonna do it cause i have to buy the game three times just to get online unless the game comes with a free trial?

Somnia
Aug 9, 2009, 09:41 PM
No, it doesn't come with a trial for Xbox.

Ryna
Aug 9, 2009, 09:55 PM
There has been a solid star on the PC side all evening. It shouldn't be too hard to get a group going.

deso123
Aug 9, 2009, 09:59 PM
how many people is one star like 500?

Delete
Aug 9, 2009, 10:02 PM
1 star is 200 people I believe, and also to you Deso, I would go with PC so you don't have to get 5 Xbox 360's. (RROD)

Somnia
Aug 9, 2009, 10:36 PM
RRoD can just be sent off to MS, or you can easily fix the problem yourself.

Come to Xbox so you'll have people to play with.

deso123
Aug 9, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm borrowing a 360 right now cause i said i wanted to try psu two months ago. he wants it back cause i havent done it yet lol.

Delete
Aug 9, 2009, 10:40 PM
RRoD can just be sent off to MS, or you can easily fix the problem yourself.

Come to Xbox so you'll have people to play with.

But ya forgot how long it takes when ya send it end, (2-4 weeks) and how often Three-Shitties break. >.>

deso123
Aug 9, 2009, 10:46 PM
i really liked pso on the xbox cause of the headset communication. id gladly play it on pc though if theres enough people. xbox live seems to be the place to be though sadly. i prefer pc just because its not a scaminabox

MadDogg
Aug 9, 2009, 11:06 PM
But ya forgot how long it takes when ya send it end, (2-4 weeks) and how often Three-Shitties break. >.>

Yeah, sending a box in for like, 1 week is totally way too much time to take away from gaming. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone owns a PC these days, so if you can't find something to do to occupy your time while the 360 is being fixed, then I don't know what to say besides get some more consoles (Wii, PS3, and 360 owner, go me) or get some friends.

And hell, at least you can get the damn thing fixed with no charge besides buying a box to put it in. I went through 3 playstation 2s, all with DRE problems and not reading blue bottomed disks, and 2 old model playstation 1s because the spinner kept coming off, and there wasn't a damn thing you can do about it, so yeah...

One Hit Blunder
Aug 10, 2009, 12:46 AM
Despite the low population, I haven't had any problems running gbr with people on the PC/PS2 servers. As long as stuff like this is keeping people interested in playing, I believe a community will still be there well into 2010.

I personally prefer to play on the PC opposed to all else, because it harbors the best ways to communicate. I'm normally in Ventrilo while I play anything, I run PSU in windowed mode so I can IM, etc... Whenever I play on console it feels lonely and bland in comparison. It's hard to describe.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Aug 10, 2009, 09:05 AM
Same I definately prefer PC, as you said One Hit Blunder its nice to have PSU in windowed mode and multi-task, either have some of my own music playing in media player, or a film on or some such on DVD or youtube. I think I prefer to do that now as i've played PSU for so many years now I can't stand the sfx or in game music anymore and I find I have to be watching and or listening to something else to get me through the long gaming sessions I do.

True the PC/PS2 communitys very small in comparisson to 360 but I prefer using type/text to communicate I think all those hyperactive, no doubt loud mouthed kids all using headphones would drive me insane >.<

Tifa

Shou
Aug 10, 2009, 09:28 AM
Tifa, you should try and change the in-game PSU music like a lot of PC players do. I kept all of my music from PSO-PSU and after I did that I can honestly say it made playing PEU fun again. Espacially the missions you hate. I don't hate them anymore!

Also it just isn't the same listening to itunes. It's more fun to have it in game. :D

Calsetes
Aug 10, 2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, sending a box in for like, 1 week is totally way too much time to take away from gaming. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone owns a PC these days, so if you can't find something to do to occupy your time while the 360 is being fixed, then I don't know what to say besides get some more consoles (Wii, PS3, and 360 owner, go me) or get some friends.

And hell, at least you can get the damn thing fixed with no charge besides buying a box to put it in. I went through 3 playstation 2s, all with DRE problems and not reading blue bottomed disks, and 2 old model playstation 1s because the spinner kept coming off, and there wasn't a damn thing you can do about it, so yeah...

PS1 doesn't read discs anymore unless it's standing on its side, I'm on my third PS2 since launch, third 360 since launch, I think my Gamecube motor was starting to go about a year ago, had one PC get fried due to a power surge and an HDD crash in another.

I think it's safe to say all systems are crap because of problems at some point or another. Haven't had a problem with my PS3, Wii, or old Xbox yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 10, 2009, 12:12 PM
Same I definately prefer PC, as you said One Hit Blunder its nice to have PSU in windowed mode and multi-task, either have some of my own music playing in media player, or a film on or some such on DVD or youtube. I think I prefer to do that now as i've played PSU for so many years now I can't stand the sfx or in game music anymore and I find I have to be watching and or listening to something else to get me through the long gaming sessions I do.

True the PC/PS2 communitys very small in comparisson to 360 but I prefer using type/text to communicate I think all those hyperactive, no doubt loud mouthed kids all using headphones would drive me insane >.<

Tifahalf of peole type still on psu 360 but seriosly you need to actually play on the 360 server's before saying its full of bad mouthed kids.
Its not bad on the 360 at all and I think I have run into more obnoxious pc players on here than on the 360 server. A prime example of this was when a lot of you thought it was funny when lady kuju? was hacked, not your finest hour.
It seems like a vain attempt to get players on the pc version but if it was that great/ much better then the 360, people would have stayed on there.

Squirrel3D
Aug 10, 2009, 12:37 PM
half of peole type still on psu 360 but seriosly you need to actually play on the 360 server's before saying its full of bad mouthed kids.
Its not bad on the 360 at all and I think I have run into more obnoxious pc players on here than on the 360 server.

Well I've only played the X360 version, and I have ran into a ton of a-holes in all my 3 years of playing this game.

Being kicked out of a party just for not using your mic or listening to a bunch of obnoxious attention wh***s?

That's just one of many things I have to deal with on the X360 version.

Neith
Aug 10, 2009, 12:53 PM
There has been a solid star on the PC side all evening. It shouldn't be too hard to get a group going.

It doesn't pick up at all until later in the evening for me; I don't even log on anymore during the afternoon (in UK) because it's impossible to get a game now. I checked Uni 2's mission counter at Desert Terror, and there were TWO parties, both locked. Barely anyone is running the GBR seriously, as far as I can tell. Even at late evening for me, it's only 1 to 1 1/2 stars, and that's on a weekend.

deso123
Aug 10, 2009, 12:53 PM
the 360 houses the nubs of the world. they are all scared and confused and care about crap that doesnt matter.

Rust
Aug 10, 2009, 12:55 PM
It seems like a vain attempt to get players on the pc version but if it was that great/ much better then the 360, people would have stayed on there.

I saw a lot more of "Leaving XBox360 for PC server" threads in there over the past few weeks than I witnessed the opposite, honestly.

But I don't think people leaving the game got anything to do with the platform. People is leaving because that game have been very badly managed by ST for too long. People leaves PSU on both servers, you're just getting the impression there's a lot more people quitting on PC/PS2 side because their number is already significantly lower, to begin with.

There is a lot more XBox360 just because 360 is a popular system that a lot of people have, thus PSU:AotI is a lot more accessible to those who own a 360.
Not to add if you want the game to run smoothly at max. settings, you need either a 360 or a top-tier gaming PC. 360 is a lot cheaper than building a gaming PC, and I don't know for other people, but if I was to get me a PC gaming warmachine, I'd have other priorities than playing PSU on it. (Seriously, Guild Wars looks several times better on my crappy laptop than PSU does.)

KaF
Aug 10, 2009, 01:40 PM
I saw a lot more of "Leaving XBox360 for PC server" threads in there over the past few weeks than I witnessed the opposite, honestly.

That's a statistical effect: Of course you see more people leaving Xbox ---> PC when there is a lot more people on the Xbox to begin with. I hope you see the problem.

Rust
Aug 10, 2009, 02:13 PM
That's a statistical effect: Of course you see more people leaving Xbox ---> PC when there is a lot more people on the Xbox to begin with. I hope you see the problem.

Yes, I do.

But I meant in the quitting/switching ratio on both servers, which still seems to be more to me.
Most of the PC-related threads are about quitting, not switching, while 360 seems to have a growing trend of the latter these times.

MadDogg
Aug 10, 2009, 02:47 PM
Man, I never did get the whole "the 360 version is filled with the scum of the earth" stereotype. The people that are always saying that are the PC/PS2 players, so all that does is give me the impression those players normally say that to reassure their selves that they are still playing on the right version, to make their selves feel better about their version deep down inside. Reassurance is a nasty thing. (Also I never did get the whole screaming children argument either. Push the xbox guide button, recent player list, mute, 3 simple steps). If that is too hard for you, then go to community, party information, mute from there. Easy.

No matter which version you are playing, having friends is the way to go. Setting up a 8 man party chat chillin' playing psu on the 360 is extremely fun, of course people that do not have any friends that depend on random parties are going to jump ship. I'm pretty sure its like that for PS2/PC too, if you don't have good friends to chill with this game isn't going to be enjoyable, simple as that.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 10, 2009, 03:10 PM
360 just has a bad rep due to American players. Also because on game shows they always have segments depicting the worst people on XBL. Such as kids screaming into mics and cocky FPS players. Honestly it just depends on who you pair up with. Like I always say: "No matter what the platform, douchbags all around."

Phaesphora
Aug 10, 2009, 03:14 PM

It's probably more a question of timing: I generally play in the 12am-5am timeframe, which soundly solves the problem you describe. Even at those hours, there are still 450-1000 players online in Leo, most of whom (like myself) are not using the mic.

Plus I think boys that age have games they'd much rather play.

For me, the 360 was an economical choice, and it has worked out very well so far.

deso123
Aug 10, 2009, 03:16 PM
if you don't have good friends to chill with this game isn't going to be enjoyable, simple as that.

Is this true? :o

and that economical argument is so lame BTW. PC is always cheaper than a scambox. the whole point of a scambox is to leech off of you.

Phaesphora
Aug 10, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hehe, well, the 360 cost me $400 when I bought it, I've never purchased a LIVE Gold account, all but one of my games are gifts, and I've paid for around 6 months worth of Guardian's Licenses. So around $470, which in PC terms would buy me a MoBo, CPU, Power Supply, Fan, and maybe a PoS case. A paperweight, essentially.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
I honestly wished I bought a 360 instead of a PS3. The main reason why I shyed away from the 360 was due to RRoD. But then I heard people get that because they play it constantly, and don't keep the room cool. I hardly play my PS3 and, at times, my room either becomes "nippy" or "Ice Box" cold. But I know if I did have a 360 I'd either be playin PSU, Fable 2, GoW2, Halo 3, CoD4, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, or Final Fantasy 11 (if I feel like a COMPLETE AND UTTER DUNCE).

MadDogg
Aug 10, 2009, 03:52 PM
Is this true? :o

and that economical argument is so lame BTW. PC is always cheaper than a scambox. the whole point of a scambox is to leech off of you.

Prime example right here. This just goes to show you, neither platform has that "holier than thou" community nonsense that certain users always be blabbering about.

Like someone said "No matter what the platform, douchebags all around".

And yeah, I don't know what you meant by that statement, but its certainly "true" online gaming is the most amazing thing in the world with great friends, common sense 101.

Playing gears of war 2 with all randoms, that experience is going to be god awful. Play something like left 4 dead with all friends, damn near best zombie experience ever.

deso123
Aug 10, 2009, 04:00 PM
Prime example right here. This just goes to show you, neither platform has that "holier than thou" community nonsense that certain users always be blabbering about.

Like someone said "No matter what the platform, douchebags all around".

And yeah, I don't know what you meant by that statement, but its certainly "true" online gaming is the most amazing thing in the world with great friends, common sense 101.

Playing gears of war 2 with all randoms, that experience is going to be god awful. Play something like left 4 dead with all friends, damn near best zombie experience ever.

casual games are inherently boring so yes the chips and dip argument is true as stated by elpresador regarding the 360 community. garbage games need special attention from "friends" to be even worth picking up at all... unlike psobb and older games... but elpresador is a tool so the ps3 isnt any different with their games because they arent any better AND arent popular party games so they tend to be for loners. and yes im a dick. most things in life suck. as a matter of fact every time i played psobb with friends it was nothing but a burden because they want to use your items and typically arent up to par with your status in the game so its like dragging dead ignorant weight around always complaining about something.

I honestly wished I bought a 360 instead of a PS3. The main reason why I shyed away from the 360 was due to RRoD. But then I heard people get that because they play it constantly, and don't keep the room cool. I hardly play my PS3 and, at times, my room either becomes "nippy" or "Ice Box" cold. But I know if I did have a 360 I'd either be playin PSU, Fable 2, GoW2, Halo 3, CoD4, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, or Final Fantasy 11 (if I feel like a COMPLETE AND UTTER DUNCE).

Yeah I regret owning a PS3 as well. Should have just stuck to PC. PS3 just has a massive list of generic adventure games coming out that everyone is praising like it's so awesome but as soon as they play through 'em there is no reason at all to talk about them again. it's a total joke of a system really. the rest of the games are cross platform ports that i have no interest in playing because they are last gen games with slightly better graphics. i need to just look for the games with lasting appeal like i used to instead of listening to lames on the internet praising garbage.

MadDogg
Aug 10, 2009, 04:07 PM

Yeah, most people that has their 360 rrod on them kept it on a carpet, something you shouldn't do with any console. If you keep it on a hard surface like on a dresser or anything made out of wood, it will last you a long time. I'm on my 3rd 360, first one the dvd drive, but microsoft fixed it for free anyway, then 2nd one RROD'd. Currently on my 3rd from last year october, so far I have no problems with it.

But yeah when PSU is in it's down time with updates and such, there is a lot of games to alternate with to keep you occupied. I'm usually always playing king of fighters 98UM, mark of the wolves, left4dead, gears 2, blazblue, marvel vs capcom 2, ninja turtles in time, and sometimes marvel ultimate alliance. But yeah if you have good friends, left 4 dead is amazing, you might get annoyed playing with randoms sometimes though.

For me it usually goes 360=every online game I own, rpgs like tales of vesperia, star ocean 4 etc or exclusives like dead rising

PS3=offline exclusive stuff and blue ray movies, and Wii=smash brothers and mario kart wii. (I haven't bought a wii game since like tales of symphonia 2 came out, nintendo need to step their game up lol).

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 10, 2009, 04:09 PM

But I don't think people leaving the game got anything to do with the platform. People is leaving because that game have been very badly managed by ST for too long. People leaves PSU on both servers, you're just getting the impression there's a lot more people quitting on PC/PS2 side because their number is already significantly lower, to begin with.

There is a lot more XBox360 just because 360 is a popular system that a lot of people have, thus PSU:AotI is a lot more accessible to those who own a 360.
Not to add if you want the game to run smoothly at max. settings, you need either a 360 or a top-tier gaming PC. 360 is a lot cheaper than building a gaming PC, and I don't know for other people, but if I was to get me a PC gaming warmachine, I'd have other priorities than playing PSU on it. (Seriously, Guild Wars looks several times better on my crappy laptop than PSU does.)

Seriously........ For a atart there are many more pc's and ps2's in the world than xbox 360's the reason as we all know for the lack of people on the pc servers is down to the server security and all the hacking that went on, and before people say it happens on the 360 it doesnt and it never has,
Both servers will lose players over time anyway as this is a older game now and st is really trying to make it last as long as possible.

deso123
Aug 10, 2009, 04:17 PM
i had an xbox 360 rrod and i hardly ever played it and it was in a good high up spot on a counter. i got it repaired and then sold it. now i borrow an elite...

DuRaL
Aug 10, 2009, 07:23 PM
i'm a 360 player and i have to admit that i often run into jerks that boot you from their party for no reason or when they get a rare spawn.. >_>
yep, xbox live is full of idiots like that..
and most parties (on uni1) i join either don't chat at all or only use voice chat, which i don't (but that's my fault then, i guess), and online RPGs without chat are boring as hell..
those are reasons why i usually play with my (few) friends, because that's when PSU gets fun =)

but then again, it seems that even if 95% of the population on 360 were idiots, noobs & annoying little kids, the remaining 5% still outbeat the total number of players on the PC/PS2 side.. so yeah.. 360 is the place to be (for me)

oh, and i actually enjoy the fact that the 360 version has international servers, so i can play with japanese players! very nice people.. =)

Delete
Aug 10, 2009, 08:28 PM
That's not a one sided point of view at all :wacko:

Yeah, you should definitely go to PC. I've had mine for 2 years, and had it RROD on me once. They fixed it for free, of course. ;)

EDIT: It also only took about 5 days to get there, fixed, and back.

I assume you meant 360 where ya put PC?

9 broken 360's and waiting for too long says otherwise. Sure they will fix it, that's if it even has the RROD. What about the constant game freezing, disc tray not working, and 360 disk sometimes not reading? These are problems they won't fix.

PS: When I sent my 360 in the first time, it took them 4 weeks before I got mines back. Next was like 2 weeks. For more about this, just look here at my thread..

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166933

MadDogg
Aug 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
I assume you meant 360 where ya put PC?

9 broken 360's and waiting for too long says otherwise. Sure they will fix it, that's if it even has the RROD. What about the constant game freezing, disc tray not working, and 360 disk sometimes not reading? These are problems they won't fix.

PS: When I sent my 360 in the first time, it took them 4 weeks before I got mines back. Next was like 2 weeks. For more about this, just look here at my thread..

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166933

Holy shit 9 360s, are you for real? So, where do you keep your 360 at, in a oven? (P.S. like I said in one of my posts in this thread, they do fix the disk tray thing for free, I should know, thats how my first one died).

Thats crazy though, I'm having a hard time believing the whole 9 360 thing. Even if you sent that crap in 9 times, you should have took a hint around the 4th break down, and flat out trade that thing in at gamestop and just get one of the newer models with a better chip. That thing sound like it was flat out defective to break like 9 times in a row, either that or you use your 360 as a table.

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2009, 09:00 PM
I just bought another month to check out the new GBR.. Lol

Is the population really like.. 20 people? I only saw one group running GBR that wasn't S3, and the few S3s I did see were solo parties.

This game looks hilariously dead. The shop prices are so silly, too. Since when were Kan Yu's given away for 50k..?

PSU is dead as far as I'm concerned, and Sega has yet to redeem themselves, though I doubt they ever will anytime soon. The S3's don't provide enough challenge in correspondence to our current level cap, and thus are essentially MORE reskinned content. There may be a few pretty "new" *coughunlocked* items that may amuse you for a few days, but it's still just one big zerg rush over and over to me.

I say save your money towards another game. =/

Delete
Aug 11, 2009, 10:21 AM
Holy shit 9 360s, are you for real? So, where do you keep your 360 at, in a oven? (P.S. like I said in one of my posts in this thread, they do fix the disk tray thing for free, I should know, thats how my first one died).

Thats crazy though, I'm having a hard time believing the whole 9 360 thing. Even if you sent that crap in 9 times, you should have took a hint around the 4th break down, and flat out trade that thing in at gamestop and just get one of the newer models with a better chip. That thing sound like it was flat out defective to break like 9 times in a row, either that or you use your 360 as a table.

Sadly I am for real MadDogg, and I only put it in the oven once to threaten it.
All jokes aside though, they had told me that they will only fix my system if it had the RROD, disk tray is only if you have the warranty with it. When it first was out, they were fixing it all, but not now.

Also, I have had different 360's, (5) throughout the 9 of them, and one by one they would mess up.
And thanks for the table ideal, Gives me something to look forward to when it RROD's me again. ^^

MadDogg
Aug 11, 2009, 03:45 PM
Sadly I am for real MadDogg, and I only put it in the oven once to threaten it.
All jokes aside though, they had told me that they will only fix my system if it had the RROD, disk tray is only if you have the warranty with it. When it first was out, they were fixing it all, but not now.

Also, I have had different 360's, (5) throughout the 9 of them, and one by one they would mess up.
And thanks for the table ideal, Gives me something to look forward to when it RROD's me again. ^^

Damn, that sucks. I thought I was unlucky with all the different playstation 1 and 2s I owned, but this beats my luck easily. Just out of curiosity though, where do you have your 360 at, and do you have it vertical or horizontal?

Squirrel3D
Aug 11, 2009, 11:12 PM
if you don't have good friends to chill with this game isn't going to be enjoyable, simple as that.

I don't have any friends in this game, mostly because I belong to no group/clan/whatever. I'm always listening to some music when I play, and I never have anything to say anyway.

So, I just pick a good team to play with and let the dice roll....

pinkace
Aug 12, 2009, 10:25 AM
I have the same 360 system I bought when PSU first came out (this game was the reason I even bought a 360).

I keep it very cool and I added rubber feet to the bottom to allow better air flow. People all around me keep having RROD but not me. I can't explain it.

In any case, the latest Arcade units have fixed the RROD issue permanently.

Delete
Aug 12, 2009, 10:29 AM
Damn, that sucks. I thought I was unlucky with all the different playstation 1 and 2s I owned, but this beats my luck easily. Just out of curiosity though, where do you have your 360 at, and do you have it vertical or horizontal?

I have an entertainment system so it is on that, it's not boxed in a corner or nothing.
And I keep my 360's Vertical because I hear it is (for some reason) better to leave it that way.

Squirrel3D
Aug 12, 2009, 11:15 AM
I have the same 360 system I bought when PSU first came out (this game was the reason I even bought a 360).

I keep it very cool and I added rubber feet to the bottom to allow better air flow. People all around me keep having RROD but not me. I can't explain it.

In any case, the latest Arcade units have fixed the RROD issue permanently.

You stole the words out of my mouth. Also it's important to keep the area surrounding the console free of dust. Gotta take care of your electronics, people. I'm on my 2nd X360, and no RRoD at all. My first one went through 7 of them before finally giving out at #8!!

It's all about keeping your console clean and free of dust and dirt.

pinkace
Aug 12, 2009, 11:19 AM
Fear is the Mind-killer, but Dust is the 360-killer.

NiceOnes
Aug 12, 2009, 12:07 PM
FTR. I have a launch console that I keep in the horizontal position and it has never failed me once.

I keep it proped up on an old VHS tape to allow more air flow out of the vents on the bottom. Anyways... If my launch console has lasted this long with no problem I shake my head at the 9x broken post.. I know about bad luck but this sounds a lil extreme..

In regards to multitasking arguement I read a few posts back...

1. If you're watching youtube while in my party, you will soon find youself solely watching youtube.

2. While playing my xbox360 I listen to music that is playing off of my computer... That's why there are two outlets per receptacle... You are able to run your computer and xbox at the same time. Not to mention you can play music from your xbox 360 while playing PSU just as easily as you can play music off your computer while playing PSU... Weak arguement.

3. Realize that the choice between Voice chat and text chat exists on XBOX. Simply plug in a USB keyboard to your xbox360 and start typing.. Voice chat on PC requires the use of a seperate program running in the background. NBD however hardly convenient.

An XBOX is essentially just a PC in a fancy case anyways.. The bottom line is that the point of playing an MMO is to play with others and XBOX allows more opprotunity to accomplish this due to its larger population.

One last point. Here's one you PC buffs can use in the next thread like this one. I CAN PLAY AT WORK!!!

Good thing I don't have a PC account.. When would I find time to write in these silly forums?

MadDogg
Aug 12, 2009, 12:35 PM
I have an entertainment system so it is on that, it's not boxed in a corner or nothing.
And I keep my 360's Vertical because I hear it is (for some reason) better to leave it that way.

Actually, keeping your 360 vertical tends to scratch the hell out of your disks alot, most people who leave theirs in the horizontal position tend to have the least amount of problems. My brother learned that the hard way when his perfect dark zero disk got scratched to hell and back, ever since he put it horizontal he had no more problems.

I guess some people just flat out have crappy luck with 360s. One of my good friends is on his 6th 360 (same one he keeps sending in over and over), while the rest of us are only on our 2nd or 3rd, I think its because hes black that his 360 is always dieing on him. (Just a little inside joke, I'm black too but I just always say the reason he goes through mad problems in life and with his 360 is because hes black lol).

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 01:20 PM
I dont play psu on my 360 anymore.. my son took it over..
But had it since EU release, no RROD ever.. When lots of friends have had their rings..

Horizontal placed.. Only anoying thing with 360 is the dammed dvd spinning sounds... so loud...

pinkace
Aug 12, 2009, 03:02 PM
FTR. I have a launch console that I keep in the horizontal position and it has never failed me once.

I keep it proped up on an old VHS tape to allow more air flow out of the vents on the bottom. Anyways... If my launch console has lasted this long with no problem I shake my head at the 9x broken post.. I know about bad luck but this sounds a lil extreme..

I agree. at replacement #3 I would have started asking myself, "what am I doing wrong?"

MadDogg
Aug 12, 2009, 04:32 PM

Yeah thats what I'm saying, 9 times what the hell lol. Thats what you have to do though, keep the 360 well ventilated. Always keeps it horizontal, hell I keep my powerbrick to it to its right a little bit so that can get some air, don't put that thing on a carpet either. Just make sure the sides and if possible the bottom of the 360 gets a lot of ventilation, and if you play PSU all the time install it so the disk won't spin, which means the 360 won't be getting blazing hot, and you should be straight.

Delete
Aug 12, 2009, 05:44 PM
Actually, keeping your 360 vertical tends to scratch the hell out of your disks alot, most people who leave theirs in the horizontal position tend to have the least amount of problems. My brother learned that the hard way when his perfect dark zero disk got scratched to hell and back, ever since he put it horizontal he had no more problems.

Weird, I had my 360 Horizontal for like the first few systems and I seemed to have more problems then what I'm having now. My disks are also scratchless now as well. Pretty much everything is fine now.

Also to Pink, It wasn't something I was doing, I was working 24 7 when all this was happening and I didn't have time to even play much, 3-4 hours a day, 3 days a week.

Yusaku_Kudou
Aug 12, 2009, 06:22 PM
If you want the best weapons and armor, play on the 360. :p There are loads of 10/10 S ranks... Repcas, Killer Elites, Spread Needle/Gs, Guld & Millas...

Chamile
Aug 13, 2009, 04:39 PM
I Keep mine on a glass table but a huge fan is behind it so it keeps it cool.. I tired the 360 one.. didn't like it so went back to the pc version lol

Shou
Aug 13, 2009, 04:56 PM
This game has never been THAT popular. Easy things that ST should have done is not make so many reskins of missions. There should only be ONE train, ONE Hive, ONE Metro Line, ONE Cave. If they want to make reskins of those for party missions or event/temporary missions thats fine. There are WAY too many lobbies. There should be a lot less of those and there should be bigger and better ones with more detail. Also there shouldnt be so many eff'n difficulties on missions. c<b<a<s<s2<s3<s4??? WTF!?!?! How are people supposed to find others to play with unless they can do the highest difficulty. Mabe the max cap of the game should have been 150 so they wouldn't have to do this.

PSU can still be fun though. Especially for Vets.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 14, 2009, 12:08 PM
[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

I think Yahtzee has said it best about the current state of Sonic Team in this review. God I love Australians!

NiceOnes
Aug 14, 2009, 03:00 PM
[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

I think Yahtzee has said it best about the current state of Sonic Team in this review. God I love Australians!

This is seriously funny sh!t!

Anyone with any kind of talent has left Sonic Team and it is now made up of leperous retards! Classic!

MadDogg
Aug 14, 2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah I agree the lobby system was pointless in the long run. Should have done the lobbies like pso, every single mission in the entire game from one counter, that way you could possibly get a game going that is not at white beast =/ In the sequel they need to scrap the entire mission reward thing in general.

pinkace
Aug 14, 2009, 11:03 PM
I'm tired of all the extreme reviews of Sonic Unleashed. I think this game is the penultimate example of a love it or hate it game. Some reviewers grade the game well while some grade it as the worst game in history. Seriously, para gustos, los colores

Tetsaru
Aug 14, 2009, 11:29 PM
Tbh, I actually LOVED the opening cinematic for Sonic Unleashed. Then... the werehog thing happened. And the human NPC's. And running so damned fast that it feels like you're not playing the game anymore - you're WATCHING THE GAME, and you can't see where you're going, and OOPS, you fall off a cliff, you die, start over.

If they'd just stop putting in all the STUPID and UNNECESSARY elements, then MAYBE we'd actually have a GOOD Sonic game for once...

Squirrel3D
Aug 15, 2009, 04:59 AM
I'm suprised no one brought this up....

No TELEPIPES in PSU. Of all the things you would've expected in the game, a telepipe was one of them. But...nope...don't even have that.

MadDogg
Aug 15, 2009, 05:31 PM
I'm tired of all the extreme reviews of Sonic Unleashed. I think this game is the penultimate example of a love it or hate it game. Some reviewers grade the game well while some grade it as the worst game in history. Seriously, para gustos, los colores

Reviewers are just hopping on the sonic hate train just to tell corny ass jokes in their reviews. I'm not a fanatic sonic fanboy, I know when certain 3d sonic games really do suck, but man Sonic Unleashed (360 version) is definitely not one of them. The game brought back that crazy sense of speed you used to get playing the old school sonic games, and the werehog levels weren't even that bad, I actually had fun doing those stages.

I haven't taken gaming reviews seriously ever since the super nintendo/nintendo/ genesis games of gamepro, back when gaming wasn't mainstream and reviewers didn't get paid off, or review games based on hype alone. (Grand theft auto 4, a perfect 10 from game informer......yeah the **** right). Its all about user reviews these days.

Thinking about it, if I was a casual gaming nub that followed game informer, ign, or x-play reviews like a good little sheep, I would have missed out on some of my favorite games of all time like the .hack g.u. series, tales of abyss, and god hand.

PKS
Aug 15, 2009, 05:49 PM
Been looking through this topic and noticed the lacking of PC to 360 now? It used to be the total opposite because PS2/PS3/PC players weren't so isolated like the 360...

I just decided I would come back mid September to see this topic... I guess this mean I should just forget my level 120/80/etc (Forgot the other 2) characters and just start fresh on the 360?
I also guess my character is gone from be being gone for so long... and also I'm sure you can't move your character from one to the other huh?

Maelixius
Aug 15, 2009, 05:57 PM
Sega should have just done like Square-enix did to FFXI.
Why not just share all game versions with the same server?
That way there wouldn't be a lack of population.

Kimsey
Aug 15, 2009, 06:05 PM

I hope if Sega needs to shut down any servers because of lack of population that they'll consider merging them first as an option.

MadDogg
Aug 15, 2009, 06:16 PM

This may sound messed up, but I wouldn't even want to play with PS2/PC users, if it means I have to worry about getting my pm bombed or stuff out of my shop jacked. I've been playing phantasy star online games since day one, from the dreamcast version one all the way up to blue burst, and every single game in the series was ruined by dupes and hacks. PSU on the 360 is the first one in the entire series where it is still going strong with the lack of dupes and hacks.

Sega would need to get their act together, and use a better security program that lousy ass gameguard to even think about merging. The security system they use on the PS2 version isn't any better, other games that used that system like resident evil outbreak and champions of norrath also had dupe/hacking problems. Common sense should have told them to go with another security system.

Mikura
Aug 15, 2009, 06:22 PM
This may sound messed up, but I wouldn't even want to play with PS2/PC users, if it means I have to worry about getting my pm bombed or stuff out of my shop jacked. I've been playing phantasy star online games since day one, from the dreamcast version one all the way up to blue burst, and every single game in the series was ruined by dupes and hacks. PSU on the 360 is the first one in the entire series where it is still going strong with the lack of dupes and hacks.

Sega would need to get their act together, and use a better security program that lousy ass gameguard to even think about merging. The security system they use on the PS2 version isn't any better, other games that used that system like resident evil outbreak and champions of norrath also had dupe/hacking problems. Common sense should have told them to go with another security system.

Umm, you know, there hasn't been any rampant duping/hacking/pm bombing in quite awhile now on PS2/PC....Although a lot of that may have to do with the low population and not enough cheaters caring anymore. So I think that argument is kinda weak. Besides, there's always a possibility they would indeed beef up security a bit if a server merge were to occur.

Maelixius
Aug 15, 2009, 07:35 PM

Nowadays, any online game is bound to suffer from hacks/dupes, because there's no such thing as a "good" security system.
With enough reverse engineering knowledge, it's possible to bypass pretty much anything, so it kinda defeats the reason why Sega didn't merge the servers any sooner.:disapprove:

pinkace
Aug 15, 2009, 10:12 PM
I agree with the above post. It doesn't matter how good a security system is, there will always be someone out there smart enough to find a weakness. I don't play WoW, or ever will, but I am sure a mighty titan like blizzard must spend more than half its energy thwarting chinese teenage hackers. I wish i knew more about it, but i would say there are people trying to break the system as I type this.

Do you think that Sony and Nintendo and Microsoft released their consoles with 'poor' security? They had the best minds on EARTH work on the security of their consoles but eventually there will always be someone to find a weakness.

Squirrel3D
Aug 15, 2009, 10:41 PM
and the werehog levels weren't even that bad, I actually had fun doing those stages.

Unforently, I felt the opposite. I'm sorry but when you make Sonic go Kratos-style in the form of a Werehog, it just tells me that ST still feels the need to throw in some damn lame excuse for a gimmick with every recent non-2D sonic game.

But, to each his own....

MadDogg
Aug 15, 2009, 11:19 PM
Umm, you know, there hasn't been any rampant duping/hacking/pm bombing in quite awhile now on PS2/PC....Although a lot of that may have to do with the low population and not enough cheaters caring anymore. So I think that argument is kinda weak. Besides, there's always a possibility they would indeed beef up security a bit if a server merge were to occur.

Like I said, every single pso game I played ran into the same problems, rampant cheating because of sega's incompetence. I'm finally able to play a pso type game where there is a lack of cheating thinks to the tight security microsoft runs with live, and I preferred they keep it that way. Yeah, they patched gameguard now, but that crap is too easy to get bypassed. (Former maplestory player here, which game also uses gameguard. That crap gets bypassed in 4, 5 days tops. They need to get rid of gameguard all together).

As a former old school pso player, my argument is hella justified. I mean if you wasted your money on all those different psos, just for all of them to get ruined by dupes and such like I have, you would feel the same way I do now about cheating in general.

AlphaDragoon
Aug 15, 2009, 11:59 PM

Is the air thin up there on your high horse?

PC has security issues, but so does every console ever made.

Tsukikage
Aug 16, 2009, 12:04 AM
I agree with the above post. It doesn't matter how good a security system is, there will always be someone out there smart enough to find a weakness. I don't play WoW, or ever will, but I am sure a mighty titan like blizzard must spend more than half its energy thwarting chinese teenage hackers. I wish i knew more about it, but i would say there are people trying to break the system as I type this.

Do you think that Sony and Nintendo and Microsoft released their consoles with 'poor' security? They had the best minds on EARTH work on the security of their consoles but eventually there will always be someone to find a weakness.

Yup there are countless account compromises on WoW, Blizzard even made a little device called the Blizzard Authenticator, you buy it for $6.50 on their site.. but really.. once a key logger is on your computer your account will be screwed over by hackers no matter what device you have to prevent it from happening.. I know this because I got my WoW account compromised.. so I quit WoW and decided to try out PSU.. sorry for the QQ I had to comment on something because someone mentioned WoW. =P

MadDogg
Aug 16, 2009, 03:03 PM
Is the air thin up there on your high horse?

PC has security issues, but so does every console ever made.

Yeah, everyone and their friggin' mom knows consoles have security issues, that is a no brainer. BUT THERE IS NO HACKS AND DUPES ON THE 360 VERSION OF PSU. Thats all I care about. That is what my message is about. Are you blind? Can you not read?

As long as they keep that under control, which live has done an amazing job with so far, then that is all that matters to me.

Just because I want to play a legit version of PSU, means that I am cocky? Give me a break, I'm paying 10 dollars a month to play this game, I expect the other side to live up to their end of the bargain and have hacking under control.

Damn some of you people let this console thing get to you too much. You act like I'm "dissing" PCs in general. You need to grow out of that mentality already.

Tetsaru
Aug 16, 2009, 03:33 PM
BUT THERE IS NO HACKS AND DUPES ON THE 360 VERSION OF PSU.

Two words:

Grinder glitch. =/

Not to mention, most of the same programming flaws in the game still remain, regardless of what console you play. I'm sure people exploited the machine gun and Gravity Break glitches on 360 as well.

I'm pretty sure most of these issues have been resolved by now, but my point is that the potential for new glitches to arise should be equal in all versions of the game - the 360 isn't anything special. Besides, that console has enough hardware problems anyway. =P

Mikura
Aug 16, 2009, 03:48 PM
Two words:

Grinder glitch. =/

Not to mention, most of the same programming flaws in the game still remain, regardless of what console you play. I'm sure people exploited the machine gun and Gravity Break glitches on 360 as well.

I'm pretty sure most of these issues have been resolved by now, but my point is that the potential for new glitches to arise should be equal in all versions of the game - the 360 isn't anything special. Besides, that console has enough hardware problems anyway. =P

I was about to say....360 is far from being hacker/dupe proof. <.<

Lance813
Aug 16, 2009, 04:29 PM
BUT THERE IS NO HACKS AND DUPES ON THE 360 VERSION OF PSU.

lolwut?

pinkace
Aug 16, 2009, 06:25 PM
Everyone calm down.

Duplicated items, weapons and money hardly compare to glitches that give you endless machine gun fire and tricks to guarantee s+10 grinders. Period.

MadDogg
Aug 17, 2009, 03:11 AM
Wow, I knew someone was going to bring up the grinder glitch. Like I said, there is not a single hack or haxeta on the 360 version. The grinder glitch was patched, users banned, and everyone moved on with their lives in a week when that happened. It had no affect whatsoever on the 360's economy, which is the main point of protecting a online rpg or MMO from hacks.

If a online rpg's economy is ruined, you might as well consider that crap dead.

Every game has exploits, no one can deny that. A guy using endless machine gun fire and a sword glitch barely anyone barely uses in the first place? Big whoop.

My point still stands, after all the versions of pso I played, I'm finally playing one that managed to stay clean. And dammit I'm finally happy about that, you would be too if you played all the different versions of pso I did.

Also, learn the difference between a game exploit and flat out hacking. (ex. al rappy units from pso, all the weapons and dupes on pso. The weapons showing up on PS2/PC PSU when they aren't supposed to be released yet. SHOP HACKING).