PDA

View Full Version : sunny florida!!

Africa
Aug 10, 2009, 09:39 PM
This really doesn't have much to do with florida being sunny or not but how doing things to be nice doesn't always pay off in the short term.here's the gist of it my nephew's stayed in ny with me my bro and mom most of the summer. So then it came time for them to go back to florida,but my sister couldn't drive alone so I flew down to florida to help her drive back to new york(about an 18-22 hour drive).We rest about a day then leave for florida.Despite ohio's bad drivers and costruction work we make good time.So we get through georgia to around 70 miles from my sisters home, then boom the tire blows out on 75.Then i have to sort through around 4 or 5 car jacks to find the one that'll work on her car.Eventually we get back to her house , and i ask her when am i getting back to ny. And well the answer was i dunno so i calll my mom and she's like yeah we'll get you out of there in a month or 2.On the upside it's florida and it's pretty nice here, and i 've got relatives here'but on the down side it's hurricane season , i only put in 10$ for psu for this month, i didn't bring any money,i 've got no transportation,and there aren't even any real games to play here to bide my time while i wait for a ticket back to ny.

Perhaps i'm selfish or something but i 'm kinda angry at being stuck here this way and with little to do because this city is spread out and no money kills a lot of fun nowadays.Then everytime my mom calls she seems a little miffed that i'm p.o'd at being stuck here even though it was to help out .Maybe i was wrong to think hey if they got me down here i'd have a clear way back home? I already know there's no money coming my way for a while so i figure it'll be a month or two before anything really happens in that direction.

patient or not would anyone wanna suffer through this plot?

Eluvion
Aug 10, 2009, 10:30 PM
get your sister to take you to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

Africa
Aug 11, 2009, 07:05 PM
that idea came up, and did they scrap ren-square yet?

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 11, 2009, 07:17 PM
I was just in Georgia for like the past 6 days. My parents wanted to look at houses :( so they dragged me and my younger brother with.
Too many hills. I live in Florida and like everything here a lot more.

YAY DISNEY WORLD

AC9breaker
Aug 11, 2009, 07:41 PM
So I just recently started watching Dexter. Man what an awesome series, can't wait to catch up on recent episodes.

Anduril
Aug 11, 2009, 07:47 PM
I would honestly hitchhike my way back home. >.>

Volcompat321
Aug 11, 2009, 09:00 PM
Florida is evil, it's too hot, and the ladies here are somewhat hot, until you realize they are old. :wacko:
Florida offers nothing to someone from up north, except heat, although New England experiences heat during the summer, and that's enough.
I come from Boston, and I live in Florida now, I absolutely hate it compared.
If I were you, I'd go to the best spots in Florida, Miami Beach, and Orlando.
Miami Beach has all the hot betches, naked beaches, and awesome food.
Orlando(area) has theme parks, awesome places to eat, and the Mall of Millenia.
Other than those, Florida is pretty boring. Get out as soon as you can.
With that said, good luck, and hurry up and get out! :wink:

Also, where abouts is your sisters place(city) if you don't mind saying.
If your anywhere near Melbourne, I got plenty of things you can do lol. Doubtful your near here though, this place sucks.

Africa
Aug 12, 2009, 08:37 PM
This city 's not horrible at all it's jax btw.It's only a problem that I lack cash and a ride .orlando's a couple hours and the weather here is fine 80-90's every day.

BlaizeYES
Aug 14, 2009, 10:28 AM
yea, north and south florida are basically like 2 seperate states. jacksonville, no offense, still isnt the same type of "city" that i think will really capture florida's essence for you. you're still 2 and a half hours away from orlando and a good 6 from miami. seeing as you dont have a car, it'll make things a little more difficult to go anywhere worthwhile.

i dont really get the story though, i tried rereading it and it still didnt make any sense.... you flew down to florida to give your sister company as she was driving back to new york. so you do this, but then you go with her and your nephew back to florida... lol, so was the plan to go back to florida from the beginning, or did you decide just to do that after you already got back to new york? i dont think your sister would have been up for making another trip to new york driving after doing it once, and if she did drive you back, she still wouldnt have anyone to drive with her when going back to florida.

but anyway, you can still get out of florida, because i doubt you want to stay in jacksonville for a month, maybe a week if you want to get a feel for the city, but its not a place i'd want to stay for a month. here's what you CAN do...

first for money:
-if you have any money, you can have one of your parents go to western union, wire you about 150 dollars of your money. if they dont have access to that money, but you have 150, just tell them you'll pay them back as soon as you get back there.
-ask your sister if you can borrow some money, around $150.
-if you have a bank account, have your parents or someone else transfer you the amount of money you'll need and then give it back to them when you get back to new york.

to get back:
-driving, gas-wise, is going to cost more than a discount one-way airfare. i'd try either US airways or spirit airlines, both of them always have the cheapest rates. i've used spirit before because they're always doing promotional deals with the $8 flights to various locations. US airways almost always has cheap flights for last-second travelling.

IF using spirit:
-sign up for their mailing list for promotional deals, because they ALWAYS have flights arriving and departing from ft lauderdale and laguardia. you may need to create an account, but it will not be any sort of "deal" where you're going to have to sign up for a membership... so don't bother doing the "$9 fare club" thing... just get on a mailing list. they will just alert you when promotional offers come up, and just like hotels changing rates, you can just book it without having to really worry about any sort of extra fees(unless you want a specific seat, carrying extra luggage, etc).

if US airways:
-US airways is another one i've found to be some of the cheapest tickets for last-minute flights. you may find a one-way ticket for $110, but play around with the dates, and i'm pretty sure you might find one for as cheap as 75$. i'm pretty sure that US airways also has flights leaving from ft lauderdale and goes to laguardia as well... i have never used them for a flight going there. either way, it'll be pretty cheap

driving time for your sister to fl lauderdale is going to be about 8-9 hours, but it's definitely going to be shorter than having your sister drive back up to new york. you'll probably find the cheapest flights to be at night, but to avoid your sister having to drive back to jacksonville at 10pm and getting back at 4am, i'd probably suggest having her drop you off at the airport several hours early and then just exploring southern florida while you're there if you have money for a cab after you get money from someone else, that way it can take you around. or maybe your sister wants to stay and enjoy southern florida for a little bit. who knows.

but yea, its not so expensive. i've found myself stranded in a random city a few times before after a botched flight(where i arrived late or some other complication) lol... theres literally a million solutions to ESCAPE FROM JACKSONVILLE. GOD SPEED KURT RUSSELL

Africa
Aug 17, 2009, 12:38 PM
well if it was to complicated i'' ll try again. i went to florida to drive back to ny with my sis to pisck up my nephews.Once there we left from ny headed back to florida.I was just not provided with the ticket home that i was supposed to get.I'll probably get a plane in a week or so but no one's driving to ft lauderdale and yeah it woulda been different if my sister lived in miami and i sure wouln't be complaining.

BlaizeYES
Aug 18, 2009, 04:56 PM
trust me, you could rob an old lady's purse in a nursing home and have enough money for a flight back to new york when you've got an entire month to work with. it doesnt sound like you have too hectic of a schedule, so stay in florida, or do whatever you want

Volcompat321
Aug 18, 2009, 09:05 PM
To be honest, Florida really isn't that bad. I kinda made it sound like a horrible death state.
Your somewhat lucky, your in north Florida, so you wont be too hot, which is great if you hate heat, being from New York and all.
You could always go to museums and whatnot if that's your thing, cause there's plenty all over Jacksonville.
Since your from NY, you probably don't care to see the big huge ass buildings, depending on what part of NY your from, you've seen em anyway.
I love to see big buildings because the part of Fla. I live in is small and has no big buildings.
Anyway, I'm sure you'll like this state a little bit, even though you have to have money to do anything LEGAL and fun :wink:

Africa
Aug 20, 2009, 05:59 PM
actually i'm sippin some lemonade, visiting some relatives and destroying my nephews at their ps2 games.It's not bad but i still had to call x-box to can my psu sub and thats not a fun thing to do.I enjoy the heat i actually hate ac but i can always go outside hear, i just wish this place was a little more consolidated.