PDA

View Full Version : Innocent Girl: is it worth the exp?

RedRaz0r
Aug 10, 2009, 10:31 PM
I just started playing again recently, and I was playing around with the innocent girl mission. Does the exp even come close to how much exp I would get in parties in GBR? Should I use this mission to level up, or should I go get a group and do other runs? I'm a lv 92 cast gm. Thanks!

beatrixkiddo
Aug 10, 2009, 10:39 PM
On C, it's amazing exp. On B, it's decent exp. On A, it's barely better than what you could get with a good party at White Beast/insert flavor of the month here.

RedRaz0r
Aug 10, 2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I just wanted to make sure that running it wasn't a waste of time

Allison_W
Aug 10, 2009, 11:35 PM
Well, it's better than soloing most missions, that's for sure. I just discovered it with my level 75 CAST, and now I'm rolling in XP, as well as quite a few good materials. It almost feels like cheating, but it's nice to know there's a good option for soloing out there.

NDW
Aug 11, 2009, 01:10 AM
Innocent Girl is definitely worth the experience. Also, you can get some good stuff like Battlestopper board, Bajurac, Gur Hanab board, Shigga Pakuda board, Agito Repca board and Weapons badges.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 11, 2009, 10:15 AM
Weapon Badges=awesome PA frags. Just remember that. Even though it's 1gold for 1PA. Happy hunting!

Majarra
Aug 11, 2009, 10:47 AM
On C, it's amazing exp. On B, it's decent exp. On A, it's barely better than what you could get with a good party at White Beast/insert flavor of the month here.The problem with this is that White Beast will be the hotspot till the game dies. I hate people. :(

dingo123
Aug 11, 2009, 10:51 AM
on A Rank u get about 77k EXP a run.

Somnia
Aug 11, 2009, 11:25 AM
Weapon Badges=awesome PA frags. Just remember that. Even though it's 1gold for 1PA. Happy hunting!

You actually get three fragments for a gold badge, it's pretty delicious.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 11, 2009, 01:24 PM
You actually get three fragments for a gold badge, it's pretty delicious.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! When did this happen!? I could have sworn 1 Gold Medal gave you 1 PA Frag!

Allison_W
Aug 11, 2009, 01:58 PM
Innocent Girl is definitely worth the experience. Also, you can get some good stuff like Battlestopper board, Bajurac, Gur Hanab board, Shigga Pakuda board, Agito Repca board and Weapons badges.

Not to mention that for those of us still synthing A-ranks, the deluge of Par Ebons, Nanoresins, and 7*+ ores is awesome. Actually, plenty of Par Walnas, Nanopolymers, and 10*+ ores for those working on S-ranks, too.

Also, once you've got Vivienne operating at the top of her game, a completed run with all ten special boxes will grant a minimum of two gold badges' worth and a maximum of three and one-thirds gold badges' worth of lesser badges, depending upon how many of them spawn bronze and how many spawn silver. That's an aggregate 6 to 10 PA frags per run. You can't beat that with a stick. Of course, the drawback is that Innocent Girl actually carries with it a significant chance of failure... but that's what keeps it from getting boring.

So, yeah. The total rewards, in terms of drops, badges, and XP, taken all together, are completely worth it. All aboard the gravy train, CHOO CHOO. My only complaint is that because the enemies die relatively quickly, the PA leveling isn't so great.

A final hint: remember that the stages are completely predictable and that you can thus predetermine exactly what you'll need for each stage. For C and B rank runs of this mission, you can easily get the armour elements you'll need right at the NPC shop for reasonable prices (I pack store-bought B-rank armours), and you can equip them and the weapons/PAs you'll need before each stage--you're not timed, so learn exactly where each stage transition occurs and prepare your gear before going in (this is especially critical for the transition from stage 3 to stage 4; you won't have time to re-equip once you've crossed into stage 4).

Now to wait for Innocent Girl Part 2, in which now that we've sufficiently developed her communication skills, it's time to fix her fashion sense.

hypereal
Aug 11, 2009, 04:51 PM
OK this sounds interesting fancy telling me how to locate this quest line?

Allison_W
Aug 11, 2009, 05:34 PM
OK this sounds interesting fancy telling me how to locate this quest line?

It's right in the GRM shop, actually. Talk to the woman at the front desk, as opposed to the cashiers standing behind counters.

LuigiMario
Aug 12, 2009, 07:53 PM
The problem with this is that White Beast will be the hotspot till the game dies. I hate people. :(

They said the same thing about seabed.

Allison_W
Aug 12, 2009, 10:11 PM
After "completing" the mission and seeing what I fear is its final cutscene, I must say I really hope that another mission will eventually be released to revisit Vivienne and continue/finish the plot thread that this mission opened. Not doing so would just be mean.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 12, 2009, 11:15 PM
After "completing" the mission and seeing what I fear is its final cutscene, I must say I really hope that another mission will eventually be released to revisit Vivienne and continue/finish the plot thread that this mission opened. Not doing so would just be mean.

You could always play Phantasy Star Portable if you want more Vivienne.

And there'll be a side story in the last mission on PSU where you see Vivienne again

Allison_W
Aug 12, 2009, 11:59 PM
You could always play Phantasy Star Portable if you want more Vivienne.

And there'll be a side story in the last mission on PSU where you see Vivienne again

Oh dammit now I have to play PSP and that means I'll have to get a PSP

Shou
Aug 13, 2009, 12:33 AM
:o Don't bother with that. PSP is an AWSOME version of PSU but I would only recommend getting it if you don't play online or decided to quit online mode because of SEGAC.

Allison_W
Aug 13, 2009, 12:43 AM
:o Don't bother with that. PSP is an AWSOME version of PSU but I would only recommend getting it if you don't play online or decided to quit online mode because of SEGAC.

For more Vivienne story, mind.

Phaesphora
Aug 13, 2009, 01:13 AM
Now to wait for Innocent Girl Part 2, in which now that we've sufficiently developed her communication skills, it's time to fix her fashion sense.
Funny that, she has my favorite CAST parts in the game. Guess that makes me a freak. ;3