PDA

View Full Version : Wands: Bajura or Granahodorac

unicorn
Aug 11, 2009, 09:16 PM
Which is better for MF? I currently roll with Bajuras because they're cheaper (but not as cheap as Tesbras or Uransaras), but I have a Granahodorac board and can afford the mats. Is it worth it? I mean.... Bajura is really pretty. Granahodorac is for my ego though (and has a very unique design), but I'd rather have the real thing when its finally released.

They're only for resta anyway.... Buuut I love wands! D:

Aeris
Aug 11, 2009, 09:54 PM
Bajura if you want more TP
Granahodorac if you want more PP

For me it doesn't matter too much between the wands since i do use them both.

Ethateral
Aug 11, 2009, 09:55 PM
I would go with Granahodoracs purely for the PP. I'm just waiting for Granahodoras. I thought I read waaaay back that after the Supplemental, there was a glitch that the Bajura wasn't hitting all the targets as the rest of the wands for MF? I can't remember.

I currently have Tesbra. I HAD Granas, but downgraded temporarily. I use them usually for resta/reverser. Sometimes they're also serve as attacking. When I feel like giving them some love. ;P

NDW
Aug 11, 2009, 09:58 PM
I roll with wands that have the highest PP potential on my MF. Since Granahodoracs and Bajuracs have the same exact PP value for each and every grind, I chose the Granahodorac since it has a higher rarity. I like the design of them also. Grinds don't matter too much since Resta and Reverser should be the only photon arts equipped on them, which wouldn't consume as much PP as an attack TECHNIC over time. Well, that's coming from the opinion of a DPS whore.

Magus_84
Aug 11, 2009, 10:35 PM
Bajura + Baji-Senba is a free 75 TP to any TCSM equipped in the same pallette slot as the Bajura while the Baji-Senba is worn and the Bajura-bearing pallette slot is active. Allegedly.

That, and Bajuras are cheaper. And shinier.

Go with Bajura. >_>

Shou
Aug 11, 2009, 10:40 PM
Just keep in mind that there is a glitch with bajuras and your limit break diga/foie cannot hit more than 2 targets with it and I don't think they have fixed it in JP yet and its been there for a while so they might not.

I would wait for the Granahodora and Matov Profacy. Also keep in mind you can have one rod that doesnt count on TP at all for giresta/reverser. Imma try and make a 10/10 uransara for that one later lol

NDW
Aug 11, 2009, 11:09 PM
Bajura + Baji-Senba is a free 75 TP to any TCSM equipped in the same pallette slot as the Bajura while the Baji-Senba is worn and the Bajura-bearing pallette slot is active. Allegedly.

Even though I don't get as much of a boost like the Baji combo, I like my Armas Line's built-in +50 TP. It allows me to get a boost to my Psycho Wands as well.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 12, 2009, 12:43 AM
Just keep in mind that there is a glitch with bajuras and your limit break diga/foie cannot hit more than 2 targets with it and I don't think they have fixed it in JP yet and its been there for a while so they might not.

I would wait for the Granahodora and Matov Profacy. Also keep in mind you can have one rod that doesnt count on TP at all for giresta/reverser. Imma try and make a 10/10 uransara for that one later lol
For this reason alone, Granahodorac wins.
At least until ST manages to figure out what is causing this glitch.
So if you use Foie and Diga alot, and you will, you wouldn't want to pair your madoog up with Bajura.

Unfortunately Motav Prophecy also suffers from this glitch, but it's insane TP makes it a plausible means of attack.

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 12, 2009, 01:06 AM
For me, a Pushan is better than any wand when using spam technics (at least with what is released on the Regional servers to date). For hold technics you would want a Psycho Wand so wands are simply for the PP at this point.

The Bajura + Baji-senba bonus might be viable until Limit Breaks are released but I would not suggest investing into 10/10 Bajuras as the +75 TP will affect the Pushan even with a 0/10 Bajura.

My vote goes for the Granahodorac or possibly the Bajurac if you want to save some meseta (as both have identical PP).

Zos
Aug 12, 2009, 10:09 AM
I use the granahodoracs-pushans on my acrotecher, but for a masterforce psycho wands will deal out the most damage of all the other rods.

autumn
Aug 12, 2009, 10:46 AM
Neither. Bajuracs are smexy wands ^-^

Ruru
Aug 12, 2009, 08:14 PM
so the limit break glitch effects the TCSM you're using if you have a bajura equipped with it?

that sucks D:

guess i'll be switching from bajura to granahodora when its finally released. (not a fan of kubara versions even with the increased PP, i like my animations)

Shou
Aug 12, 2009, 09:40 PM
The granahodora doesn't have an effect D=

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 12, 2009, 10:31 PM
so the limit break glitch effects the TCSM you're using if you have a bajura equipped with it?
It prevents both the wand and the TCSM from hitting more than 2 targets when using foie or diga.

unicorn
Aug 12, 2009, 11:07 PM
It prevents both the wand and the TCSM from hitting more than 2 targets when using foie or diga.

...that sucks. Well I guess my Bajura's will go to my Guntecher or something.

str898mustang
Aug 12, 2009, 11:30 PM
Wand = resta/giresta/reverser stick

Hiero_Glyph
Aug 12, 2009, 11:36 PM
Wand = resta/giresta/reverser stick

At least on a MF and AT currently. The Granahodora might change this however.

Shou
Aug 12, 2009, 11:38 PM
I saw a masterforce a little while ago who used wands for attacking and mags for resta/giresta/reverser. D:

str898mustang
Aug 12, 2009, 11:39 PM
At least on a MF and AT currently. The Granahodora might change this however.

IIRC, Inazuma said Granahodora still didn't beat a Pushan

also being that New Ork being behind the 5 person switch in Forest Infiltration S3 and a CHANCE of falling, I don't see many 10/10 Granahodra being made

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 13, 2009, 01:34 AM
IIRC, Inazuma said Granahodora still didn't beat a Pushan
Granahodora falls ever so short, Motav almost makes up the difference.
With FCP wand also gets a higher TP boost over madoog, the rest is up to personal preference. I have gi- techs on my madoog and ra- techs on my wand.

On JP server, Granahodora+10s were rare shit that people would sell for around 600m meseta, shortly after that Motav came out...
Now you can't even sell them for 160m, NOBODY wants them :P

Phaesphora
Aug 13, 2009, 01:55 AM
I saw a masterforce a little while ago who used wands for attacking and mags for resta/giresta/reverser. D:
Shocking!

I use everything for attack and the item palette for Star/Moon/Sol Atomizers. D:

On topic, I'd say use the Bajura until the update, sell a 3/10-5/10 Granahodorac for 12-25 mil. I'm no pro at this, however.

Ruru
Aug 13, 2009, 02:26 AM

that really sucks. wonder if/when they'll ever fix it. there are still a few things they havent fixed yet even to this day (big one being getting stuck in svaltus legs on PS2 since AotI came out) blah oh well.

Volcompat321
Aug 13, 2009, 05:27 AM
I have both 8/10, and 10/10, and I love both. Although I use them mainly for resta, I love the design in em both.
I suggest getting both, if you like the designs :D

unicorn
Aug 13, 2009, 12:35 PM
...Is this true about GranahoDORA (original) not having an animation?

milranduil
Aug 13, 2009, 03:06 PM
IIRC Ceresa told me that 10/10 Motav Profecy (lolspelling) is 3% stronger than 10/10 Pushan DPS wise. Not sure on the figures, but I think it makes sense since MP has over 1000 TP.

I currently use all Bajuras with the Baji combo. Don't forget the Baji-Senba initially adds 30 TP I believe it is, so with the full combo on, it's actually 105 TP boost (with just Baji-Senba, you still get +30 TP to rods etc).

When supplemental gets here, I'll still use the Bajura combo for areas that don't need triple hitting Diga/Foie such as Seed Express. Regrants tears Ardites apart, so there is no real need for the third target on limit break. Or Sakura Blast since Ubakradas only have 2 hit boxes. However, for say Alterazgohg->Granahodorac/Bajurac kthx.

FOnewearl-Lina
Aug 13, 2009, 11:37 PM
...Is this true about GranahoDORA (original) not having an animation?
It's true, believe it!