PDA

View Full Version : expansion question

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 01:37 AM
Im thinking of returning to psu , after a long break. Played on 360.. But now i wanna play it on my laptopp.

So the questions is this:

Do i need to buy the original and the expansion, or can I just get the expansion pack? And I'm good to go?

Namine
Aug 12, 2009, 01:52 AM
PSU:AOTI is all you'll need.

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 02:02 AM
Cool :)

Looking forward to test it out on new platform..

Btw is the Keyboard controllers good? Or should I get a controller ?

Lord Hammerheart
Aug 12, 2009, 02:13 AM
I use a keyboard and it works perfectly fine. If you've played WoW, Guild Wars and other MMORPG games on PC that's how this game moves too. If not it doesn't take long to get used to. I'm glad you're thinking of returning. The more people the better... 8-)

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 02:18 AM
So its Mouse and keyboard controlls?

Im used to FFXI alot, ( keyboard only :) ) and love it..

Lord Hammerheart
Aug 12, 2009, 02:27 AM
I guess I havent played FFXI. No its kb only. W is up, S is down, A goes left, and D goes right. Your attack buttons are the arrows, except for the arrow pointing left that readjusts the camera befind your character. World of Wacraft and Guild Wars are the 2 PC MMORPG games I've played, and they controlled similiar to that.

Edit: I read your post wrong. Yeah, if FFXI is kb only it'd control like PSU I'm assuming...

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 02:35 AM
:D happy joy joy..

If i wanna play a game with Kb and mouse, i play quake :D
Wow, meh lasted 14 days there.. not my kind of snack..
Gw tested out a few months, got bored.
Lineage 2 a few months, just failed.
Ragnarok online.. to cute and to easy hehe..
PSO on dreamcast then Gamecube, loved it..
PSU on 360 a few times. But no internett on 360 now, and in other room..

So its gonna be FFXI and PSU in sofa with laptopp.. mmm relaxed..

Orderd it now, and I will have it in 2 days :)

Namine
Aug 12, 2009, 03:26 AM
Keyboard is good, I played that way for over a year. Using a Controller is better in some cases, like for me I couldn't use the KB to strafe and use off-hand weapons.

Since you have a 360, do you have a wired or wireless controller?

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 03:43 AM
I have wireless controller's and a usb chargable battery thingie, can I just connect the wire in controller then in pc `?

Namine
Aug 12, 2009, 04:58 AM
Yeah, you can use a wired on PC, but need to download XBCD to get the Triggers to work properly. I can't recall which one I downloaded, depends on which OS you have.

I believe you can also use a wireless, but you'd need this:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/

I'd think the same thing applies with the triggers, but I don't know since I don't have any wireless 360 controllers.

Snitch
Aug 12, 2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah I saw that thing. Gonna test out with the wire i have for my wireless when i get back home later today.

I'm using Vista 64 on the pc im gonna play on.

I can confirm that using wireless 360 controller with the charge usb wire inserted , doesnt work on vista 64.. It only installs and charges the controller. So gotta get a wireless reciver or a wired 360 controller.. start looking :)