PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 [B]Muktrand?

TecherRamen
Aug 13, 2009, 12:41 AM
So the current GBR drops a lot of [B] Muktrand. I was wondering if everyone just doesnt pick them up and if they do are the boards just get NPCd? If you throw it in your shop for about 90k a certain bowl of noodles might buy them =X..

The_Brimada
Aug 13, 2009, 06:53 AM
I've just been leaving them on the ground out of disgust. >.>

Hrith
Aug 13, 2009, 07:15 AM
I don't pick up most items that drop, including those 9* boards and several S boards, too (Mugunrukuc, Ank Deddac, etc...)

Ryna
Aug 13, 2009, 07:53 AM
If the drop collection method has been set to "random," I'll pick up the boards and sell them to the NPC. I tried selling a couple of boards for a fairly low price, but no one seemed to be interested in buying them.

biggabertha
Aug 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
I used to like to annoy my friend(s) by picking up the abundant resist units (Silence Resist, Poison Resists) and then we'd have a giggle to see who got unlucky...

Amazing that we just leave them on the ground instead of cashing them in for 4000 meseta or so..

Tetsaru
Aug 13, 2009, 09:12 AM
Back when I still played, I'd usually pick up just about everything because a lot of sold for decent amounts. Being the item collector/pack rat I was, if I didn't sell it, I could probably use it for synthing or towards one of my 4 characters.

Although I think Muktrand boards are shitty drops for an S3 difficulty mission (geez, Sega), spear weapons are still one of the best melee weapons in the game, and many classes can only use up to A rank spears. If I were still playing, I probably would hang onto them and mass-synth them. Who knows, you could get a 50% one that could out-damage your S rank spears.

garjian
Aug 13, 2009, 10:26 AM
I used to like to annoy my friend(s) by picking up the abundant resist units (Silence Resist, Poison Resists) and then we'd have a giggle to see who got unlucky...

Amazing that we just leave them on the ground instead of cashing them in for 4000 meseta or so..

i do that...

:/ ive got every burn resist ive ever seen drop...
its over 16 considering i still have 16 and i sold some back when they 1st dropped loads... was that winter event 07/08?

Ruru
Aug 13, 2009, 02:51 PM

lies!

you still pick these up just to see me cringe! and they're only 3.5k >.> if you're that hard up for money in this game you're doing something wrong :p no offense but you can make that much off of one or two enemies dropping meseta these days, not to mention quite a few "rares" go for like 1.5k to the npc and we just skip on picking those up as well. so you cant really get upset over not picking up a resist when you just passed over about 20k worth of junk during the run in the first place.

as for muktrands. i honestly didnt see any drop and i doubt i would have picked it up if i did D: the only character i have that can use A rank spears anymore hasnt played as anything but AF in a LONG time. and the only other character i have that can even use spears is stuck with S ranks only so i have no need for them. D:

pinkace
Aug 13, 2009, 03:36 PM
I say pick em all up. add a nice 50k per run.

mvffin
Aug 13, 2009, 06:10 PM
Before the event started, cheapest Muktrand board in shops was 150k. I've been saving all mine, and picking them up, because they may go back up eventually. If they don't after a while, I'll probably just mass synth them, because 50% sell for a decent amount.

Delete
Aug 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
Before the event started, cheapest Muktrand board in shops was 150k. I've been saving all mine, and picking them up, because they may go back up eventually. If they don't after a while, I'll probably just mass synth them, because 50% sell for a decent amount.

Keep in mind they can be bought from the NPC, so don't expect them to go past 200k.

mvffin
Aug 18, 2009, 02:22 PM
they are 165 in NPC shops.

But, for some reason, people still buy things higher than NPC prices. :shrug:

Ruru
Aug 18, 2009, 02:48 PM
they are 165 in NPC shops.

But, for some reason, people still buy things higher than NPC prices. :shrug:

yeah... there are seriously way too many player shops that sell things like el-photons for 1k+.

i like to check shops when i can to see if i can find something cheaper than NPC price but most of the time i see people selling things you can buy from NPC shops for outrageous amounts lol its insanity, i hope people dont actually buy them >.>

Allison_W
Aug 18, 2009, 02:49 PM
I could certainly go for buying some cheap Muktrand boards, considering my highest-level character is only 80ish at the moment.

desturel
Aug 18, 2009, 04:05 PM
i hope people dont actually buy them >.>

I was being lazy one day and storing my grinder base A's in my shop for 2k while stocking up for a mass grinder fest. I had stored 8 stacks in my shop when I noticed I had some money in my PM. I couldn't think of what could have sold for 198k... well it didn't take too long for me to figure out that someone has bought a stack of the grinder base A that were in my shop for 2k when they are only 1k at the NPC.

Not only that but while I was making the grinders (trying to get some A+10), people would constantly come in and purchase some of my base A. I was far too lazy to go into my shop and reprice everything so I just told people that they could be grinder base A at the NPC shop when they came in. That didn't stop some people though.

In short, yes, people are buying them.

Mikura
Aug 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
I'll never understand why people constantly buy things from player shops that are higher than what the NPCs price them at. It would take time, but you could really profit off a lot of people's stupidity. -_-

biggabertha
Aug 18, 2009, 06:08 PM
It's sad but the time it takes for a PC user to go from their room, go to the second floor of Clyez City, go into the Synthesis shop, talk to the NPC and exit the synthesis shop is the same amount of time it takes a PS2 user to go out of their room and just be able to start walking on the second floor of Clyez City.

I can understand laziness in people then to buy things en mass in player shops but since most people most likely play on a PC...

GlowSticks
Aug 19, 2009, 04:02 PM
It all adds up.. Pick it up!...........

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 04:41 PM
It all adds up.. Pick it up!...........

depending on what class you are and mission you're doing, you wont have the inventory space to pick everything up, and when you make enough money as it is, picking up something practically worthless isnt worth the amount of inventory space it takes up.

sure it all adds up but not when something good drops and you're 60/60 so it goes to someone else.

pinkace
Aug 19, 2009, 05:00 PM
depending on what class you are and mission you're doing, you wont have the inventory space to pick everything up, and when you make enough money as it is, picking up something practically worthless isnt worth the amount of inventory space it takes up.

sure it all adds up but not when something good drops and you're 60/60 so it goes to someone else.

What class could possibly need to carry 60 items? hell, even 50?

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 05:16 PM
you've never played as an acrofighter or protranser have you?

as an acrofighter i easily have over 45-50 items depending on the mission. and for a protranser with all the weapons + traps + armor you can easily carry over 50 items a mission. gunners and techers have it alot easier than most hybrid or fighter types that have to carry different elements on weapons and different weapons/traps for different situations.

biggabertha
Aug 19, 2009, 06:33 PM
My Protranser had at least 15 weapons (Longsword, Knuckles, two or three Lances depending on the mission's elements, two Axes, Saber, Three Shotguns, Longbow, two Grenade Launchers, two Laser Cannons and a Handgun) at one time.

At least 9 for armours and units (three armours, six slots units)

15 consumables (Dimate, Trimate, Star Atomizer, Moon Atomizer X (but I've taken them off for that one extra item space and paid for it once...), Sol Atomizer, Megistaride, Scape Dolls, Photon Charge, Photon Charge Cosmo, PA Fragment (always at least one), Virus G, Burn EX, Stun EX, Freeze EX and Goggles.)

3 for clothes (Top, bottoms and shoes but I've considered going bare footed sometimes...)

For a total of 42 items at the bare minimum. That leaves me just 18 slots for items that I can pick up along the way and believe me... nineteen slots gets filled up very quickly when you stop to pick up Hustle Berries, Love Berries, Kerselines, Nanocarbons, Par Ash, Monomate, Antimate, [B] Monomate and [B] Greasegun.

I hope you don't literally pick up EVERYTHING on the ground and then run back to the NPC to sell it because you'd probably make more money just finishing missions and picking up the items that are worth more than 30k or so apiece. Meseta doesn't take up inventory space nor does it "weigh" anything in this game so you don't have to look at 1000 meseta and go: "Hmm.... but if I pick that up, I won't be able to run because I'll be over my 25kg carry limit..."

(Granted, you can cap out at 99,999,999 meseta but really..?)

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 06:45 PM
sheesh i cant even remember everything i have to carry as AF but depending on the mission (and the elements in the mission) it can be multiple weapons of each element + any additional weapons+elements depending on situations/certain enemies + each armor for each enemy element + units + dimate, trimate, star, sol, moonX, scape, photon charge, photon charge cosmo, megistaride, goggles(fail at making goggles take up an additional item slot and be a requirement to have) and any additional traps that i may or may not use, and 1 to 3 pieces of clothing...

but yeah in the end... i really dont have a ton of space to pick up everything, room drops waste alot of time when trying to spam missions for certain items.

biggabertha
Aug 19, 2009, 07:10 PM
You're nowhere near as OCD as I am about my items' names and specific placements on the list... or at least, I sure hope you aren't.

On topic though, my Gunmaster has it totally easy: eight weapons, seven armour (two armours, five slots, no head), ten consumables, three clothes for an easy 28 items. I could easily go down to just six weapons as well - Two Rifles, three Shotguns, one Laser Cannon.

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 07:18 PM
it all depends on which weapons fit the best situations for each mission for me on my AF. once i get the feel for what the mission needs i usually end up putting certain weapons away that i find i dont use much. the main reason i bring a ton of weapons in the first place is because i dont like using charges for some reason XD its not like i dont have the money since you know i do. i just like to be cheap i guess >.>;

i actually have it easier as FM than i do as AF though. considering they can only use 4 weapon types and out of the 4 i only use 3. its easy to make it through most runs with about 9 weapons or so depending on how many different elements there are.

as MF i have 6 psycho wands 4 bajura and 8 pushans with me at all times. + however many different armor i need depending on the runs. i dont bring moonX since i have giresta in case you die :p so thats one less thing. then clothes. so yeah. my AF has it the worse easily lol

darkante
Aug 19, 2009, 11:19 PM
I usually pick up items such as 10* like Junaline as they sell for a decent amount.
And as they drop alot, that will add up fast.
Also, if boards are dropped made then i be sure to pick it up and sell to NPC ASAP.

But reguarly, people gets a hissy fit if someone picks up anything remotely giving easy cash and just picking up meseeta drops of maybe 8-10 000.

mvffin
Aug 20, 2009, 01:34 PM
I never carry my whole PM with me. 90% of the time, I set out to run ONE mission, so I just bring equipment for that one mission. I hate changing weapons all the time, I hate having tons of unequipped weapons in my inventory, and i hate filling up space with all that stuff. I'd rather make room runs before switching to a different mission.

As for GBR, I did just fine with 4 spears, 2 axes, and 2 doublesabers as FM. 3 Armors, and 4 units. I rarely have more than ~35 or so items on any of my characters prior to picking up drops.

Ceresa
Aug 20, 2009, 01:37 PM
When supplemental comes, you can access your shared box from any vendor for free. Shared box storage will also be raised to 100.

Convenience is coming, some day.

Aeris
Aug 20, 2009, 01:52 PM
On master classes, i usually keep half of my inv free, maybe a little less or more, on other classes, i might carry a lot more or less depending on the missions i play on.