PDA

View Full Version : PSU is no more.

Mozzman
Aug 13, 2009, 01:12 AM
As a 360 player from day one I feel that this game continues to go down hill at a constant correlation. Sega is so hard up for new users that it makes this game impossible to have items that are rare or that actually take time to find. Every time there is an event they throw everyone holy light luck on top of a drop rate boost. dang it must be good to be a noob!

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2009, 02:47 AM
And the people who spent the hours without the boosts = suckers. :D

SStrikerR
Aug 13, 2009, 03:06 AM
As a 360 player from day one I feel that this game continues to go down hill at a constant correlation.
You've been here since day 1, and you just figured this out?

Sega is so hard up for new users that it makes this game impossible to have items that are rare or that actually take time to find.
Yes, well PSU is always "loleasymode"

Every time there is an event they throw everyone holy light luck on top of a drop rate boost. dang it must be good to be a noob! It's this or a shitty weapon, take your pick.

Zarode
Aug 13, 2009, 04:23 AM
I want my rewards to be debuffs on all players, buffs on monsters, constant crashes on clients, servers, and consoles, endless lag and hiccups, and a terrible community.

garjian
Aug 13, 2009, 04:27 AM
It's this or a shitty weapon, take your pick.

ill take A) the increase in difficulty, B) aspirations and C) the increased pride in having the items... anyday...

right now, not only are 'Rares' very common, and cheap in shops, so you dont even have to work for them... but theyre also BARELY better than some A ranks... so even if they were rare... theres no point in them... the games still easy... no... 'equally easy' with some 50% a rank... compared with most 50% S ranks...
even in PSUv1... S ranks weapons, no matter how rare, you couldnt grind... so a ranks were always better...

if i were new right now... there'd be no aspirations... sure maybe for the first 2 days... but after that... ill probably already have a full palette of anything i care to consider with 30%+ plus, id already be 160 with all the events flying around these days...

i stopped playing this game a bit when i got Tales of Vesperia... coming back... well... i coundnt think of a reason to play it... theres nothing for me to actually earn... so... i quit...

drizzle
Aug 13, 2009, 07:29 AM
Oh man I did love the 1 in 12894573905608978972167398165324 drop rates from 2 years ago.

Tetsaru
Aug 13, 2009, 07:33 AM
Lol, I keep seeing more and more people on these boards quitting PSU lately, and with the week or so worth of billing errors during the last event and a lackluster GBR going on now, it's easy to see why - people are getting frustrated more than they are getting entertained. It's difficult to claim that you really EARNED something in-game nowadays when most of the "rare" items are whored out due to all the boosted drop rates, and synthing is still all a matter of bullshit luck. At the same time, veteran players who have already capped their characters in every way possible are yearning for new (and CHALLENGING) content that Sega just keeps failing to deliver. Having such a low level cap for the "new" *COUGHrehashedCOUGH* S3 missions, along with leaving out the REAL new mission that Japan got is just DERP DE DURR on their part. I know people hate me sounding like a broken record player all the time, but that's the current situation we're having to deal with. =/

I say just cut your subscriptions, and go forth and play new games; in the long run, you'll probably be glad you did. No point in giving Sega money they don't deserve, right? Maybe they'll get a clue once their revenue continues to decrease... but probably not, they've gotten pretty thick-headed over the years as far as I can see...

SO much they could've done to fix things, but NOOOOOO... I really have lost all faith in them. ;_;

Volcompat321
Aug 13, 2009, 07:53 AM
Tet, you shouldn't feel bad about "sounding like a broken record" because people keep making these types of threads, so it deserves your post.
On topic, even though I LOVE PSU, the game has been going downhill since the 1up cup.
Amazing and new event for it's time, IMO, it was the greatest.
Since the decline in people after the 1up cup, SEGA seems to care less and less every week to month, to year about the US/EU server. It's already a well-known fact about them, they hate US!(us like you and me and the people, not United States)
PSU can be difficult, and it can be super easy, mostly super easy, but it's not a horrible game, it's how it's run!
I can still have fun with it, and I'm not quite fed up with SEGA just yet, but I don't see the need to resub my account until we get something I think I'll enjoy.
Either way, I think people really look into this situation too much. You either play or you don't play. You obviously don't have to pay to play, if you hate the service, the simple solution to it is not to play.
Now Tetsaru, you know I support you, but when it comes to SEGA, you cant change them.
You are just one person, and I don't think too many PUBLICLY follow what your saying. Meaning, they don't support your words of wisdom.
Personally, I still love SEGA, but enough is enough amirite? Jesus Christ they couldn't run the game more into the ground if they tried.
I'm done bitching/venting/being a dick/being annoying now. :wink:
:wacko:

biggabertha
Aug 13, 2009, 09:04 AM
Honestly now... PSU's fine for me. I like leveling, I like hunting and I still have plenty left to do in the game. There's probably only a few things I'd change for myself but that'd probably just lead me to complain about something else.

I don't find the game that easy, I didn't go for a Cast, Beast or Newman for any of my characters and I play on a PS2. Then again... I haven't played as a Techer class character properly so... I have no idea how frustrating the game can be in their hands. I just know that Resta doesn't load sometimes and that's it.

Aside from clothes and proportions, the game's fine - opening up content that's locked away on the disc is insulting..? Heh, I'm sure other MMORPGs have similar things too (WoW and FFXI come to mind...) but really now... everyone's so impatient to have access to EVERYTHING as SOON as they can.

Quit if you feel strongly about it and discuss/share your opinions about it if you must but I'm sure you'll be back. You'll all come back eventually for a month or so because Sega's good for making you come back. No one can deny that.

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
The game is broken.
Like Super Smash Bros Brawl and it's unbalanced characters.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 13, 2009, 12:16 PM
Lol, I keep seeing more and more people on these boards quitting PSU lately, and with the week or so worth of billing errors during the last event and a lackluster GBR going on now, it's easy to see why - people are getting frustrated more than they are getting entertained. It's difficult to claim that you really EARNED something in-game nowadays when most of the "rare" items are whored out due to all the boosted drop rates, and synthing is still all a matter of bullshit luck. At the same time, veteran players who have already capped their characters in every way possible are yearning for new (and CHALLENGING) content that Sega just keeps failing to deliver. Having such a low level cap for the "new" *COUGHrehashedCOUGH* S3 missions, along with leaving out the REAL new mission that Japan got is just DERP DE DURR on their part. I know people hate me sounding like a broken record player all the time, but that's the current situation we're having to deal with. =/

I say just cut your subscriptions, and go forth and play new games; in the long run, you'll probably be glad you did. No point in giving Sega money they don't deserve, right? Maybe they'll get a clue once their revenue continues to decrease... but probably not, they've gotten pretty thick-headed over the years as far as I can see...

SO much they could've done to fix things, but NOOOOOO... I really have lost all faith in them. ;_;

Well they for one don't want my subscription money. Maybe my money isn't good for them. Maybe they gave up because of all the other MMOs out there like Aion, WoW, FF11, and...uhh...Everquest 2? As a matter of fact I haven't heard anything from EQ2. Did they get killed off by WoW or something?

Ruru
Aug 13, 2009, 03:47 PM
Honestly now... PSU's fine for me. I like leveling, I like hunting and I still have plenty left to do in the game. There's probably only a few things I'd change for myself but that'd probably just lead me to complain about something else.

I don't find the game that easy, I didn't go for a Cast, Beast or Newman for any of my characters and I play on a PS2. Then again... I haven't played as a Techer class character properly so... I have no idea how frustrating the game can be in their hands. I just know that Resta doesn't load sometimes and that's it.

Aside from clothes and proportions, the game's fine - opening up content that's locked away on the disc is insulting..? Heh, I'm sure other MMORPGs have similar things too (WoW and FFXI come to mind...) but really now... everyone's so impatient to have access to EVERYTHING as SOON as they can.

Quit if you feel strongly about it and discuss/share your opinions about it if you must but I'm sure you'll be back. You'll all come back eventually for a month or so because Sega's good for making you come back. No one can deny that.

i'm gonna agree with a few things here and start off with this.

first off i love this game. this GAME is great and has great potential, i've even played through story mode/extra mode offline of both versions (something most people cant say) now the problem i have with this game (and there are a few things i would change if i could as well) isnt that there is anything truly wrong with the game but more so how the game is run and who is running it.

biggest thing is and i will disagree with you here alex. is the way we're getting the content. slowly feeding us content that should be readily available to us is what has potentially killed this game. i'm not saying give us everything on day 1 and be done with it, but at least give us enough content to hold us over until the next time content is released. also... no, on FFXI they do not drip feed us content like this. they make an expansion, make everything available (except for story line but they give us a ton of story and update it at least once a month) and when its finally over what do they do? they make ANOTHER expansion. there is ALWAYS something to do on FFXI which was why it did so well (and is still doing very well)

the problem with this game is that we have to spam, the same old crap over and over again. whether it be leveling PA's, leveling characters, leveling jobs, or hunting weapons. its always the same old thing. spam spam spam. there is nothing different. and to anyone that says well go back and do the old missions or go and do a different mission. you're talking to alot of people that have played this game so long we've spammed all the missions in this game at one point or another. that is the problem with drip feeding us content from the disc over a period of years. if they would just give us enough shit to do each time they have an update, we wouldnt be so bored so fast and people would still be playing. there's never anything new to do, and when they DO add something new. they only add one thing at a time which is in turn spammed to hell and back. there's no real incentive to play, there's never a time you get something done in this game and truly feel like you've accomplished anything.

like i said before, i love the game, it has great potential, and its one of the only games like this, you cant find another game with this style of gameplay no matter how hard you looked. sega has a gold mine waiting to explode, they just dont know what the hell they're doing is the problem.

Kent
Aug 13, 2009, 04:16 PM
The game is broken.
Like Super Smash Bros BrawlMelee and it's unbalanced characters.
I agree that PSU is broken on several levels, due to the design decisions in place, and their implementation. It's just not something that turned out well, and should Sonic Team decide to make a current-generation Phantasy Star multiplayer game, that they get their A-team on it. The team that worked on the Hedgehog Engine. Actually, they could probably use that engine itself in the development of a newer Phantasy Star game, and it'd probably work out pretty well - especially for loading large, seamless dungeons and areas, without having to actually separate them into sub-areas or "blocks" or what-have-you.

As much as I do agree with random posts saying that things are wrong with PSU, I'd really like to see more people chip in ideas on how things could be done differently, for the sake of intelligent discussion.

watashiwa
Aug 13, 2009, 04:19 PM
As AC9Breaker would post,

What's goin' on?

ShinMaruku
Aug 13, 2009, 04:47 PM
The game was shit from Day one. There was no 'good old days'
it was all shit.
:E

Thalui89
Aug 13, 2009, 06:17 PM
why would anyone play a game they don't like? :S. I think PSU was ok, didnt really appeal to me as much as PSO, so i left. If you don't find the game fun then just find another.. :P

darkante
Aug 13, 2009, 10:58 PM
SEGA doesnīt give a damn about rarity and the satisfaction of hunting a hard to get item.
Itīs all about pleasing the newcomers. (that hardly exist because of known reasons)

I for one have taken a break, which is unusual for me.
But being that iīve pretty much got most of what i want, itīs not as fun.
Sure, i could level a P.A, but i hate to solo nowdays.

New event? I donīt think so, updated vanilla more like which is good in a way.
But the drops are lacking and GBR boost is lame.

The idea i heard a long time ago about monster strenght matching party numbers were a excellent idea, IMO.
That way, the more you are, the more challenge you get.
Hell, randomized foes would make things alot more fun as you never know what you are going to face. =/

biggabertha
Aug 14, 2009, 02:21 AM
Figures - I lumped "locked content/drip-fed content" with "Unbeatable opponents/harsh realities."

Sorry, my bad..

I used to like spamming the same missions over and over... then I got impatient because of bad influences...

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 14, 2009, 01:24 PM
I agree that PSU is broken on several levels, due to the design decisions in place, and their implementation. It's just not something that turned out well, and should Sonic Team decide to make a current-generation Phantasy Star multiplayer game, that they get their A-team on it. The team that worked on the Hedgehog Engine. Actually, they could probably use that engine itself in the development of a newer Phantasy Star game, and it'd probably work out pretty well - especially for loading large, seamless dungeons and areas, without having to actually separate them into sub-areas or "blocks" or what-have-you.

As much as I do agree with random posts saying that things are wrong with PSU, I'd really like to see more people chip in ideas on how things could be done differently, for the sake of intelligent discussion.

I agree with you agreeing about that.
But I think Brawls characters are much more unbalanced than Melee's.
*cough* MetaKnight and Snake *cough*

Kent
Aug 14, 2009, 02:39 PM
I agree with you agreeing about that.
But I think Brawls characters are much more unbalanced than Melee's.
*cough* MetaKnight and Snake *cough*
Fox only, no items, Final Destination.

It was the overall speed and emphasis on it that tilted the scales of Melee's balance toward fast characters - who would really not have the launching strength due to their immense speed, but for whatever reason, it was decided that they can punt things just fine.

I wouldn't say Snake is unbalanced - he just requires a more cerebral style of gameplay that most Melee players won't be accustomed to (what with the game being all about twitch-reaction and exploiting glitches), and interestingly enough, has to be countered in the same way. Of course, any matchup will be unbalanced if people just play with no items and only on Final Destination.

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 15, 2009, 01:31 AM
Fox only, no items, Final Destination.

It was the overall speed and emphasis on it that tilted the scales of Melee's balance toward fast characters - who would really not have the launching strength due to their immense speed, but for whatever reason, it was decided that they can punt things just fine.

I wouldn't say Snake is unbalanced - he just requires a more cerebral style of gameplay that most Melee players won't be accustomed to (what with the game being all about twitch-reaction and exploiting glitches), and interestingly enough, has to be countered in the same way. Of course, any matchup will be unbalanced if people just play with no items and only on Final Destination.

Haha you know what. Your totally right. I don't know what I was thinking. I have played A LOT of Melee and Brawl and Melee was a bit more unbalanced when it came down to the faster characters.
I don't know why I said Snake either. I mean, when I played Brawl all the time he was one of my best. I never actually thought he was that cheap but somethings about him seemed a little unfair. Like how he was a heavy character who could take many hits without even flinching and how that flying thing he had (forgot what it's called) made recovering for him incredibly easy. Of course, Link was my real best. Even though he's been deemed as a crappy character in Melee and Brawl who no professional wants to even get good at.

I was being a bit rash on Brawl earlier probably because I have had more frustrating encounters in Brawl. Mainly on the incredibly laggy Wifi the game had. I would always find myself losing to spammy characters like Zero suit Samus, Meta Knight, Pit, and Sonic. Then there were those other character who had the chain grabs...ugh..the chain grabs. Though, I guess those were kind of legit.

Tetsaru
Aug 15, 2009, 03:52 AM
Several things pissed me off about Brawl:

1 - TRIPPING. OMFG WHY DID THEY MAKE IT SO YOUR CHARACTERS COULD FALL THE FUCK DOWN RANDOMLY!? I heard it was to help stop button-mashing... COME ON, that's like, a Sega decision right there. Pretty much ANY intensive fighting game will have "mutton-bashing."

2 - Granted online play was a great boon to the series, IT WAS HORRIBLY LAGGY. I don't see why Nintendo didn't just jump on the bandwagon with Sony and Microsoft to make their online capabilities just as good. Friend codes can suck my balls, let's have in-game lobbies and voice chat and gamer ID's and trophies (NOT the Smash Bros. trophies, I mean like the PS3's trophies or 360's accomplishments) to show off what we've done as gamers.

3 - Character unbalancing, namely IKE. GAWD I HATE THAT BASTARD. I hate his cheapass Aether move and the fact that he his smash attacks can so easily kill you whenever, especially on small stages. :<

4 - They fucked with Mario's move set. WHY THE FUCK IS HIS DOWN+B MOVE THAT STUPID ASS SQUIRT GUN!? IT DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE AND ITS KNOCKBACK EFFECT CAN BE DONE BY ANY OTHER SMASH MOVE! Instead, his Mario Tornado (or w/e the fuck it was called) became his aerial down+A move, which sucks ass because you can't use it on the ground and hover upwards anymore, and now his aerial drill kick is gone. They didn't do anything like that to Luigi or Dr. Mario.... oh wait, he's not in this game. =/

Granted, there were a lot of good things going for the game - story mode, new characters, assist trophies, BUILD YOUR OWN LEVELS! - but if Nintendo really wants to make this a good fighting game and not just awesome fanservice, they need to make some serious revisions.

Back on topic though... Sega still sucks, they're still DERP DE DUR, yadda yadda blah blah blah, you know the drill. =/

Kent
Aug 15, 2009, 01:01 PM
Several things pissed me off about Brawl:

1 - TRIPPING. OMFG WHY DID THEY MAKE IT SO YOUR CHARACTERS COULD FALL THE FUCK DOWN RANDOMLY!? I heard it was to help stop button-mashing... COME ON, that's like, a Sega decision right there. Pretty much ANY intensive fighting game will have "mutton-bashing."
Well... That's not really why they implemented it. Like any multiplayer Nintendo game, they want balancing factors between skilled and new players, so that new players at least have a small chance of winning. Thusly, tripping was added as an action that can happen any time a player starts to run. Incidentally, it's saved me from getting KO'd as many times as it has directly gotten me KO'd... Which I think was the intention.

I'm fairly certain that it was a meant to be a careful step toward Mario Kart Syndrome, without going full-blast.

2 - Granted online play was a great boon to the series, IT WAS HORRIBLY LAGGY. I don't see why Nintendo didn't just jump on the bandwagon with Sony and Microsoft to make their online capabilities just as good. Friend codes can suck my balls, let's have in-game lobbies and voice chat and gamer ID's and trophies (NOT the Smash Bros. trophies, I mean like the PS3's trophies or 360's accomplishments) to show off what we've done as gamers.
Not in Nintendo's MO, unfortunately. They still don't see online gaming as something that's really important, however, they do want to have it in a limited form. After all, Nintendo is all about security-forfeiting-freedom. This is why there are no options in any online Nintendo game to send things other than pre-fabricated messages to people who aren't on your friends list.

Nintendo is just one of those companies that doesn't get it when trying to make their online games - and when trying to make their online games kid-friendly.

3 - Character unbalancing, namely IKE. GAWD I HATE THAT BASTARD. I hate his cheapass Aether move and the fact that he his smash attacks can so easily kill you whenever, especially on small stages. :<
Ah, Ike. :wacko: He certainly is a powerful offensive force, but he's also a prime example of why items help balance the game. Some characters are really strong in head-to-head short-range combat. This is basically the only type of combat there is on, say, Final Destination. Some characters need range to work with - some need to be close to work with. I wouldn't say that he's unbalanced, but, you know, try pitting him against someone like Snake or Link, who's heavy on projectiles, and can control space really well.

4 - They fucked with Mario's move set. WHY THE FUCK IS HIS DOWN+B MOVE THAT STUPID ASS SQUIRT GUN!? IT DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE AND ITS KNOCKBACK EFFECT CAN BE DONE BY ANY OTHER SMASH MOVE! Instead, his Mario Tornado (or w/e the fuck it was called) became his aerial down+A move, which sucks ass because you can't use it on the ground and hover upwards anymore, and now his aerial drill kick is gone. They didn't do anything like that to Luigi or Dr. Mario.... oh wait, he's not in this game. =/
Interesting thing about the FLUDD and Water Cannon (Squirtle's equivalent move) - it's all about constant force, rather than a spike of impulse.

Physics-wise, a smash attack (or basically anything that hits hard and isn't a water attack) will pretty much redirect someone's course of movement in a rather drastic manner. Whereas these types of attack "spike" peoples' movements, the water attacks "push" people gently. This causes them to not flinch, and therefore, they won't get usage of an ability back before they touch ground. On top of this, it can be angled...

For example, if you knock someone down off of the stage, and you know that they'll be able to just barely make it back up onto the stage if they do their jumps right. If you were to hit them with, say, a fireball that just made them flinch after they used their second jump, they'd probably be able to actually get back onto the stage easier. However, if you used the water attack and angled it downward, you'd be able to push them downward or away, thusly ensuring that they won't get to the platform. Additionally, if you shotgun people with it, it will have more force behind it. Try using it on someone who's on ice, and see how far they fly (especially a low-traction character, like Luigi). It's actually pretty hilarious.

Granted, it has niche uses... But it's not completely useless. It does somewhat force players to re-think the moveset a bit (in the case of Mario), but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

So yeah, about that PSU... Lets start discussing what's wrong with that game, and potential fixes that could've been applied. :wacko:

OrangeTippedGun
Aug 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
You guys need to seriously look into Brawl +
It's a modded version of Brawl that you can run using a hacked Wii. But seriously who hasn't hacked their Wii yet?
Once you play this modified version, you will never wanna play the original again.
Hackers made little tweaks to all the characters to make things much more balanced. They removed tripping (Thank god) I think you can wavedash now like you did Melee but it's a lot harder to do. And there's also other cool things they've added like the option to save films as long as you want (Keep in mind the larger the film the larger space it will take on your SD or HDD) And there's also some skinmods you can get that look sick as hell.
It's really a great game and there's updates for it to. Just put on your SD and install on to your hacked Wii. It's quiet sad how Nintendo could've actually done this but hasn't.
Maybe they should do something like Sony did with their PSP and Apple did with the iTouch and look into what hackers are actually doing to improve things. Nintendo can learn a thing or two.
http://brawlplus.net/
Watch a ton of Brawl + videos on youtube also so you can see what I'm talking about.
A lot of people are really getting into this.

Squirrel3D
Aug 15, 2009, 10:20 PM
How did this get into a discussion about SSBBrawl all of a sudden??

Last night, playing PSU....I swear...it took me nearly more than an hour to finally find a decent group of people to run with. During all the BS and the idiots, I was really thinking about quitting this game.

1) As if being kicked out for not even using your mic (even though the name of the party says 'join') isn't enough, two people decided to whine about Meilin Thomas' tornado dance attack. How it kept seperating monsters and riuning their attacks or some crap. This is the first time I ever heard of such BS, and it just shows some people can't even be patient enough to get a hit on a creature for god sakes!! This is why I changed her back (for the 2nd time..) to Fortetecher, and this time it's for good.

2) People sitting around the lobbys...doing nothing. Just..spam here, tell some random person they suck there, no activities in terms of running missions and such. Why are you paying $10 then? If this is how you want to blow your $10 in this game, then maybe that's why Sega isn't doing much for the U.S. servers.

3) There aren't even S2 versions of the rest of the missions yet. I believe there is a list of them...ahh....this list right here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2352797&postcount=1) shows missions that are missing S2s and S3s.

4) The current Motoob GBR is a freaking joke. Has anyone leveled their character overall after spamming the whole thing say..3 times? I didn't. Meilin is still stuck at 159. I hate to steal a gieco line but, the current GBR is so easy that a caveman can do it!!

5) How can you expect someone to befriend people in this game, when most people in this game are complete doucebags or don't even know how to run the party. I know this because I'm down to basicly one person I play with now.

6) I'm only gonna say this once. You don't need a mic/headset to play this game. I hardly use it because I don't want to hear someone's dirty laundry during a mission (I swear this has happened 4 or more times in my years in this game). Think that's bad enough? One time (this even happened in PSO!) someone decided 'oh let's just put my mic in front of my radio and force people to listen to my s*** music!' while in a mission. I know PSU isn't the only game among Xbox Live where people abuse the mics, but in a game where teamwork is #1...you wouldn't expect such outragous things like this! Oh did I mention you get booted because you refuse to hear someone trying to get his/her attention points?

7) Team names and descriptions that say one thing, but do the opposite of what it says. The mic booting thing for example. Or they make BS up on the fly, or they boot everyone when the mission is nearly over just to get all the loot.

8 ) From day number one, I've been complaining about one thing....the censor. It is THE MOST BROKEN THING in the history of online videogames. When even the namesake of the company that made their own game is censored or you can't type 'help', you know the developers were smoking....let's just say too much Kubara Wood.

Believe me, I've teased quitting many times. But this is like the only videogame that I've ever had a love/hate relationship type of thing with. For all the things I've listed above, there is just something about this game that contuines to keep me coming back. It's most likely the gameplay (which I easly prefer over PSO minus the lack of telepipes) and the fact that it lets me kill so much time during the day.

Tetsaru
Aug 15, 2009, 10:40 PM
FYI, Tornado Dance spamming has ALWAYS been a pet peeve of a lot of people. It's best used for large enemies that won't go hither-skither when you hit them with it, or just for moving around faster as FM (which even still, some people will bitch about because you get to the mobs faster than everyone else does, and can often steal exp).

Imo, telepipes aren't really necessary since we have crystal warps at the beginning of just about every block (and I slap Sega for not putting some in certain areas, like the last blocks of Seed Express and Crimson Beast). If backtracking in a single block annoys the hell out of you, you'd HATE getting around in FF11, lol.

Squirrel3D, I felt the same way you do with PSU for a long while - the whole love/hate thing. But then I realized that if the combat is really the only redeeming factor for you, you could just as well get the same satisfaction with something like God of War, Kingdom Hearts, a Zelda game... really anything that has collision detection, instanced combat scenarios, and "mutton-bashing," lol. The only difference is that they aren't online, but it seems like most of your experiences with that were lackluster anyway. =/