PDA

View Full Version : Searching Dark Wing: Am I doing it wrong?

Eidolus_Dyne
Aug 14, 2009, 04:12 PM
Okay, I'll make this quick because I want to know if I should register a ticket or not. Seems like something should be fixed.

I went to put a Dark Wing up for sale because when I searched for one, none came up on the PC/PS2 market.

Upon further inspection, it turns out there's plenty. To find them, you can't search by name "Dark Wing". Instead you have to search by the EXACT star number, eleven, and make sure the category is Unit. Then a whole list of them comes up... the bottom one is only two mil or so, give or take. I thought I was gonna make bank, since I figured there was a low supply. Now I'm a bit worried about this different problem; why can't I (and I assume other people as well) search for Dark Wings?

Is this only me? I've tried searching on multiple characters. If this has already been brought up by someone... I guess it must have fallen off the first page of topics.

Randomness
Aug 14, 2009, 04:17 PM
Using "dark" in conditional search applies a filter of only showing dark-element results. This naturally fails for non weapon/armor searches.

Lord Hammerheart
Aug 14, 2009, 04:28 PM
I've noticed that with Dark Wing before when I tried to sell the one I had. There's also a few other items I've looked for and had to search for them the "hard way". I can't remember exactly which items they were though. Atleast they fixed the search for vivienne fluge and a few other items.

NDW
Aug 14, 2009, 04:35 PM
Twin Grip was fixed quickly, which is good. Cati / Skill PP Save hasn't been fixed yet.

S-T-H
Aug 14, 2009, 06:17 PM
As was mentioned, 'dark' is a keyword. Just leave it off like 'twin' should be left off for 'twin grip'. You can just go ahead and search 'wing' or specifically 'wing -whitill'.

'Bullet' and 'skill' are also keywords, so you generally have to leave those off when searching for certain units too.

Shou
Aug 14, 2009, 07:57 PM
Just search "wing", you will get Whitillwings too though.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 14, 2009, 08:05 PM
Just search "wing", you will get Whitillwings too though.

Set the min-rarity to 10* then.

pinkace
Aug 14, 2009, 10:55 PM
You can just go ahead and search 'wing' or specifically 'wing -whitill'.

you can use the minus sign on the search!? O.O

S-T-H
Aug 14, 2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah. As you can imagine, it helps a lot in some cases. It should work for both item names and keywords.

Randomness
Aug 14, 2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah. As you can imagine, it helps a lot in some cases. It should work for both item names and keywords.

It does. I often use it when looking at broad categories... say I'm looking at S-rank twin daggers, but don't want kubara. Or fire. And lets remove ice too.

Then: "-fire -ice -kubara", min rarity 10*, twin daggers type.

Or armor. Lots of useless armors you can nix with that.

Anyone know if wildcards can be used (*)?

NDW
Aug 14, 2009, 11:33 PM
Anyone know if wildcards can be used (*)?

I don't believe so, unless someone proves me wrong otherwise.

Shadydemented1
Aug 15, 2009, 06:08 AM
the only other one i know of is no for neutral

Eidolus_Dyne
Aug 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
Wow, I never realized how comprehensive the search function is. I knew that when they upgraded it in AOTI things changed, however beyond the interface options I didn't know to what extent. Although I'm sure this is all pretty basic stuff in terms of text parsing... so wait, WAS this new in AOTI?

Well Neat. I'm sure that now I know what's up I'll find a use for these functions.