PDA

View Full Version : How long is the STUPID eternal Tower quest?

Purplenum08
Aug 14, 2009, 09:38 PM
Its taken me over 5 hours to even get to the red part!

Alis-Landeel
Aug 15, 2009, 02:37 AM
I hope the game can be saved during the quest.

landman
Aug 15, 2009, 05:30 AM
I've heard it's some days long lol tip: sleep mode and battery recharge xD

LionHeart-
Aug 15, 2009, 07:42 AM
Trust me it took me a week the first time I played Eternal Tower and the fact that you need to run it just to go onto Super Hard is pretty cheap to make the game longer. But its quite a good thing in a way to rank up your levels, mats, weapons, etc and prepare you for Super Hard, but yes it is to damn long.

I was confused the first time I ran it. I thought every room was a floor (which wouldn't of been bad at all) but wasn't I in for a surprised. IIRC every floor has 5 rooms to it and its 10 floors to get to one of the bosses. So yeah if you want to scare yourself, you can do the maths :P.

Game can be saved from the actual menu, but you cannot log-off, switch off the game, but yet you are forced to keep the DS on Zzz mode and recharge it often like a whore.

I have not clue what the fastest time or class someone completed it with. But I did it pretty fast and low level'd, on my recently new character Foney, hard and Super Hard with no NPCs to take the bait.

Just keep on going, is all I can say ;p!

xSHiNOx
Aug 15, 2009, 03:46 PM
took me less than 5 days and no you cant save while in the tower. well, you can save but if you quit after saving in tower and start up again, you start at town. better to just put it in sleep mode and have your ds plugged in.

the tower is a pain in the ass though. sure you get money, items, exp but the best items come from the bosses every 10 floors and they dont drop it that often.

LionHeart-
Aug 15, 2009, 08:47 PM
There is 3 types of saving.

1) Saving the game at its position (any given time).
2) Quitting the game and given the choice to save or not.
3) Deposit / Take from the multi-bank box.

So yeah, don't do number two (lol), while running Tower because all your progress will be lost. So instead save via 1 / 3 or not at all and just close your DS case to activate sleep mode and problem sorted.

Yeah, its a kick in the teeth when you defeat the Heaven bosses and find that you got crap :(. Its like running for that Sausage on the string :-x.

xSHiNOx
Aug 15, 2009, 10:39 PM
once the game comes out for america, there will be hardcore players running through the tower to get psycho wands, crea doubles, twin psycho guns, etc

darkante
Aug 16, 2009, 03:04 AM
100 floors.

And i have to agree that, this mission should either

a) Be alot shorter (30 floors sounds reasonable)
b) Allow Save check points somehow every 10 floor
c) shouldn´t count towards unlocking a difficulty

Just my 2 cents.

Ryna
Aug 16, 2009, 09:38 AM
Does anyone find the Eternal Tower to be fun? I played through it once and that was enough for me. The sheer length is a major turn-off.

landman
Aug 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
I had lots of friends that enjoyed playing Forest to Ruins straight clearing all rooms, I hated it, so this missions is for this kind of players I suppose lol

Ryna
Aug 16, 2009, 09:47 AM
I had lots of friends that enjoyed playing Forest to Ruins straight clearing all rooms, I hated it, so this missions is for this kind of players I suppose lol

In PSO, doing a Forest to Ruins run wasn't that bad. Depending on your party composition, you can do that in a couple of hours.

LionHeart-
Aug 16, 2009, 07:35 PM
I actually do like running Tower because of all the materials, rares and exp you get on the way. But I think you only enjoy more if you can clear each room fast, because then it doesn't seem that long and you can make some quick progress in a reasonable time.

Also you have no choice either if you want to supe-up your character with majority of the best weapons. So yeah +1 for Seeeega again lol.

furrypaws
Aug 26, 2009, 01:30 PM
Tower is awful and is 101 floors. Each floor is seven rooms long with five combat rooms, although I think some rooms can be skipped due to not having gates. I didn't check. I was hardcore enough to clear them all. ;-;

The best weapons in the game are found from the boss at the top, and it took me 9-10 hours of continuous playing to get to the top. At the very least, I managed to watch like 16 episodes of Alias, which actually turned out to be a pretty cool show. I did hear about one guy who claimed he could clear a floor in under a minute, but he was a FOnewm, and Forces in this game are waaay over powered, so that could be true. A three hour tower run wouldn't be terrible. You could at least do that in decent lengthed car rides/air plane trips.

But what I think makes it the worst is the fact that it's solo only. If it were multimode, at least you could "enjoy" it with some friends.

landman
Aug 26, 2009, 02:46 PM
I started the quest 4 days ago, I have now more than 7 hours played since xD I'm doing it on Hard to unlock VHard, started at 41 and I'm now more than 50, the rooms are easier now, I think I'm around floor 70 (I'm starting to reach the stratosphere lol) and I'm enjoying it, I loved in floor 21 when you see the exterior/interior of the tower, and how it changes every few floors, I just love those pixelated landscapes in this game xD

xSHiNOx
Aug 26, 2009, 09:55 PM
if this quest was for multimode, all your friends would quit on you to eat, shower, hw, etc before you even reach 101

soo, theres no point in making this quest a multiplayer quest

Mike
Aug 26, 2009, 10:40 PM
I used to be able to do a forest to ruins run twice in one sitting at PSO but the tower put me to sleep. Or at least, I had to sleep sometime during the tower. But that was all about company. I had good friends (at least one) in PSO and PS0 keeps you with the flimsy NPCs.

Quintus_The_Force
Aug 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
Does anyone find the Eternal Tower to be fun? I played through it once and that was enough for me. The sheer length is a major turn-off.

Well I haven't played any Zero yet but reading this thread makes me drool, eternal tower sounds like it kicks much ass

xSHiNOx
Aug 27, 2009, 10:32 PM
it doesnt kick ass. trust me. im sure there would be hardcore players that would go through the tower many times to try to get the unique rare weapons

Quintus_The_Force
Aug 27, 2009, 11:37 PM
Its gotta be more fun than the caves that's for sure.... right?

xSHiNOx
Aug 28, 2009, 02:07 AM
for me, it was NOT fun. it felt like hell. all that hard work for crappy weapons, armors, etc.

it was good for leveling up though. when the game comes out and you get to the tower quest, good luck trying to get the weapon you want from heaven's mother

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 6, 2009, 01:00 AM
After you beat the tower to unlock... Superhard mode... do the surroundings change ala ultimate mode in PSO?

xSHiNOx
Sep 6, 2009, 04:23 AM
nothing changes. enemies do more damage/has more hp and are more resistant to your attacks/magic

landman
Sep 6, 2009, 06:26 AM
I finished the Hard Tower after 13 hours played xD lvld around 20 levels, got my best stuff atm, etc it was not a bad experience, and I liked the view in the last floor lol

Quintus_The_Force
Sep 6, 2009, 11:28 AM
Aaaaaaaa im so jealous *cries*

kirtblue
Oct 15, 2009, 02:51 AM
wait wait hold on you spend a very long time tbd to go to the top and the boss might drop "a" rare weapon as in there is more than one rare you could get if granted you are lucky enough and wanted to do the tower more than once so the best case you do tower x amount of times say 5 and find x amount of different rare weapons say five again for example the boss at the top does anyone know how many rares are dropped by this boss im always try and find all the rares so i gotta know if this thing is as long as everyone says this sounds like a major annoyance

Mike
Oct 15, 2009, 04:55 AM
Wait wait, hold on. You spend a very long time tbd to go to the top and the boss might drop "a" rare weapon as in there is more than one rare you could get if granted you are lucky enough and wanted to do the tower more than once so the best case you do tower x amount of times say 5 and find x amount of different rare weapons say five again for example the boss at the top does anyone know how many rares are dropped by this boss im always try and find all the rares so i gotta know if this thing is as long as everyone says this sounds like a major annoyance

It's the only way to get some weapons and to unlock super hard mode, so get used to it. It is slightly annoying, especially when you have to dodge two rocket launching robots, but your bricks of text are even more annoying.

pso_crash
Oct 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
The tower run sounds bad to me. Stuck in a game dungeon for crazy amount of hours w/o shuting off my DS, not playing on wifi, and not playing any other games. I hope I can handle it.

Akaimizu
Oct 15, 2009, 12:58 PM
Forunately, the main color of the wall veins (what you can see of the simulated outside, sometimes through transparent sections) and the background music changes after every certain amount of levels. I think you end up going through all the BGMs that exist for the other areas of the game. The look (outside) changes with it, to reflect that.

landman
Oct 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
Forunately, the main color of the wall veins (what you can see of the simulated outside, sometimes through transparent sections) and the background music changes after every certain amount of levels. I think you end up going through all the BGMs that exist for the other areas of the game. The look (outside) changes with it, to reflect that.
I loved the tower for that, but I don't give a **** about rares.

Niered
Oct 15, 2009, 02:15 PM
I loved the tower for that, but I don't give a **** about rares.

Wait...you like PSO...but not rares?

wat is this i dont even

kirtblue
Oct 15, 2009, 03:02 PM
sorry again everyone ill try and keep the text down but as for you mike whats even more annoying is repeating what others have said and insulting me without answering my question so does anyone know how many rares are found by said boss drop? thanx again

landman
Oct 16, 2009, 01:00 PM
Check this:

http://psupedia.info/PS0:Weapons

Now make a text search, and every Mother are bosses from the Tower, and Heaven Mother is the last one in floor 101.

Wait...you like PSO...but not rares?

wat is this i dont even
YES! I like its gameplay, I like its design, I like its music, and I like its story too! I play online phantasy star games for the story!! and loved the Tower, it reminds me of the Tower of Caelum, not a surprise since both of them are from the same civilization...

kirtblue
Oct 16, 2009, 08:52 PM
omg landman i love this its awesome im sure ill be using that for awhile thank you

Niered
Oct 16, 2009, 09:24 PM
YES! I like its gameplay, I like its design, I like its music, and I like its story too! I play online phantasy star games for the story!! and loved the Tower, it reminds me of the Tower of Caelum, not a surprise since both of them are from the same civilization...

But...I still don't understand. I mean all of those things minus the story (unless your talking about the classic PS games) are great, but then you DONT like rares? Do you not like the concept of hard to get loot or what? Rares are shiny, and unique, and imply that you either got lucky or did hard work to get them.

Its like saying you don't like peanut butter.

kirtblue
Oct 16, 2009, 09:31 PM
hmmmm creamy peanut butter rares

landman
Oct 17, 2009, 05:03 AM
But...I still don't understand. I mean all of those things minus the story (unless your talking about the classic PS games) are great, but then you DONT like rares? Do you not like the concept of hard to get loot or what? Rares are shiny, and unique, and imply that you either got lucky or did hard work to get them.

Its like saying you don't like peanut butter.
If you played PSU I'm sure you would be from the elitist crew, if you don't already lol I see people looking for rares AND SHOWING THEM are playing the wrong game, they do it to compete, to be better than the other players, I like PSO and PSU because it is a COOPERATIVE multiplayer game, not a competitive one.

Niered
Oct 17, 2009, 12:56 PM
If you played PSU I'm sure you would be from the elitist crew, if you don't already lol I see people looking for rares AND SHOWING THEM are playing the wrong game, they do it to compete, to be better than the other players, I like PSO and PSU because it is a COOPERATIVE multiplayer game, not a competitive one.

No actually, thats quite a blanket statement. Besides that, I havent played PSU in over two years (cuz its awful) and I love the cooperative multiplayer inherent to PSO, but the simple fact is that Rares are just fun. Their cool, they're special, and no I dont brag about them. I just dont understand how you can enjoy a dungeon crawler and not the phat lewt.

Amherst_Wind
Oct 17, 2009, 01:17 PM

You speak as if the very idea of enjoying rares is below you... now thats an elitist attitude.
Its not like its against the rules to enjoy rares.

kirtblue
Oct 17, 2009, 02:32 PM

i dont actually see anything wrong with being a little competitive it helps drive the average players to keep up with guys like me