PDA

View Full Version : An old player coming back. :P

RyuKisargi
Aug 16, 2009, 07:35 AM
I haven't played PSU in a couple years, so I need some pointers. :P

Where'd be a good place ta level for... I think I'm 59? I'm patching now, so.

And also, anyone got a good config for a 360 controller? I'm on the PC.

Edit, sorry, I'm apparently 77.

Snitch
Aug 16, 2009, 08:15 AM
Started over here again.. Moved from 360 to pc.. but only level 20 atm ..

RyuKisargi
Aug 16, 2009, 08:24 AM
I never had a 360. I'd buy a PS3 first, afraid of the RROD. :/

Ryna
Aug 16, 2009, 08:51 AM
If you want to gain exp, the Innocent Girl mission is a good place. It is available at the GRM shop counter on Parum. Otherwise, everyone is busy playing the White Beast mission or participating in the Moatoob GBR.

RyuKisargi
Aug 16, 2009, 09:06 AM
GBR? ?_? *searches*

Ryna
Aug 16, 2009, 09:14 AM
GBR = Guardians Boost Road

By playing through a set of missions, you earn points. The more points you earn, the greater your droprate percentage is (up to 50%). In a full party, this could mean a 300% increase in droprate for regular enemies.

The current GBR is being held on Moatoob. The missions include Desert Terror, Rogues' Shortcut, Desert Goliath, and Stolen Weapon. Moatoob is the place where most players are hanging out right now.

landman
Aug 16, 2009, 09:48 AM
Don't lie to him, White Beast was, is, and will be the hot spot. But if you haven't played in two years, you will level up fast in almost every place. If you don't find a party, Innocent Girl is a 1 player mission with exp boost, but few enemies.

Mimo
Aug 16, 2009, 12:26 PM
Innocent Girl located in west parum, GRM shop. (the front desk, cant miss it ;0) It's a pretty fun mission and you get two interesting prizes after running it a few times :]

Allison_W
Aug 16, 2009, 12:42 PM
Innocent Girl located in west parum, GRM shop. (the front desk, cant miss it ;0) It's a pretty fun mission and you get two interesting prizes after running it a few times :]

Don't forget the insane flow of Nanoresins/polymers, Par Ebons/Walnas, high-star ores, and badges that can be converted into Fabulous Prizes (such as big piles of PA frags).

Also, the enemies in Innocent Girl do much more damage than they do normally, but they have drastically reduced hit points. If you can survive them (I recommend at the very least bringing store-bought B-rank lightning, dark, and fire armours), Innocent Girl runs are quick.

RyuKisargi
Aug 16, 2009, 06:43 PM
Well, I'm 77. So that isn't a real problem.

QUESTION: Can Fighmasters still use A-rank armor or Units?

Adriano
Aug 16, 2009, 06:55 PM
Well, I'm 77. So that isn't a real problem.

QUESTION: Can Fighmasters still use A-rank armor or Units?

Not armor, but they can equip A-rank units.

Armor/Weapons are specifically S-rank.

Delete
Aug 16, 2009, 07:57 PM
afraid of the RROD. :/

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58462692

This is what I let my friend do to my 360 that RROD'd me. Kinda off topic but worth a laugh maybe.
PS: If it doesn't load, just hit myspace and it'll take you to it.

PKS
Aug 17, 2009, 01:47 AM
I've been on PSO on Dreamcast since Day 1 and up to the final day, which lead to the same with it on GC and Blue Burst (Never tried on Xbox). Been on PSU since day 1 aswell until around 1 1/2 years ago.

I've been on the PC and really can't remember why I stopped but I want to return. Been playing PS:P and even played PSU on the 360 about 9 months ago... gah.. rambling... let me get to what I want to ask...

Should I go back to PC and maybe/hopefully have my character still there (doubt it though), or should I start anew on the 360?
I have a few friends on the 360 that I seem to see play PSU once in a while... which somewhat helped me want to come back and they kept telling me it's good on the 360, then there is the ohter part I'm hearing that the PC version is slowly dying?
Just looking for some feedback here... planning on coming back around Sept. 20th so I still have a while to decide.

Anduril
Aug 17, 2009, 01:51 AM
There have been no cases that I know of of characters actually being deleted due to inactivity, so if you do go back to the PC they should still be there. From what I've heard the PC population is like at 1 or 2 stars, while the 360 tends to have 1 full universe most of the time, if not more.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Aug 17, 2009, 02:12 AM
Your character will not be deleted, but if your friends are on 360 I would say it would be better to go there.

NDW
Aug 17, 2009, 02:23 AM
In my opinion you should go to Xbox 360. Many more players there, which affects two main things I can think of on top of my head:

Finding players to play with.
More of an effect on the economy.

Plus, you can use voice chat on the spot with everyone.

MadDogg
Aug 17, 2009, 02:53 AM
Go to where your friends are at on the 360.

I never had a 360. I'd buy a PS3 first, afraid of the RROD. :/

The RROD is old news with newer model 360s.

Delete
Aug 17, 2009, 10:41 PM

I will take you up on that statement :wacko:

My bro got one too and now I am waiting for the first time I see a color other then green.

moomoopenguin
Aug 18, 2009, 01:00 AM

Tell that to my old elite....

NiceOnes
Aug 18, 2009, 12:55 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=58462692

This is what I let my friend do to my 360 that RROD'd me. Kinda off topic but worth a laugh maybe.
PS: If it doesn't load, just hit myspace and it'll take you to it.

Tell your buddy to put down his purse and hit the f'in thing already! I've never seen such a pathetic wielding of a hammer!

RyuKisargi
Aug 20, 2009, 01:23 AM
When I get a 360 I'll play there then.

Where's a good place to hang? 78, Fortefighter 13.

It... kinda seems a mistake to re-renew myself. :|

MadDogg
Aug 20, 2009, 04:13 PM
The guardian boost road thing is going on in moatoob, so there is a lot of people there. Other than that, a lot of people is always at white beast. There is always people in universe 1 with open parties, I'm guessing its the same with PC/PS2.