PDA

View Full Version : new idea for psu? taking it to the next level?

fayt6
Aug 16, 2009, 09:22 PM
first off this is an idea of what would be a great new game so comments would be great =D lol
(also im running on lack of sleep forgive gramatical errors lol)

phantasy star nexus ( still working on title)

basically its like psu u have the 4 races an maybe like 1 or 2 more w/e. but were it gets interesting is the entire world is open...you can walk around an jump an pvp an what ever theres no were u cant go really like in the meeting room of guardians HQ or w/e the mission counters would be replaced by prolly going in to HQ...making it more official. when your not on a mission and still want to grind for exp just go out of town an slay seed infected monsters.
(over view) ^

now for classes
its obvious that hunter ranger and force are a must but thats just basic classes
same pallet set up and everything
(now for the fun part)
hybrid classes
Fighgunner, guntecher, wartecher, acrofighter, an acrotecher would all still remain with the same pallet types the only diffrence would be a stat system that balances them out

but the game takes a twist the more lvls u have as say a hunter or ranger or force would influance the power of the respected highbrid class

now the expert classes fortefighter fortegunner protrancer and fortetecher would have only a slight gimp but that would be fixed by maxing the basic classes out.

the boost that all the classes get would make them about equal to each other...

now for master classes lmao there going to be in there accept u have to have all quests completed and all skills maxed to play them

ok moving on to skills
(all skills are balanced out)
basic skills are just that basic skills all pas are basic skills they have the same modifyers as they do in psu

now hybrid skills
hybrid skills are unique to hybrid classes
like if your a wartecher you can mix zonde and ikk hikk to speed it up an add an shock effect
or if ur guntecher add nosdiga to ur riffle for a homing attack with amazing speed and damage
an if ur a fighgunner lets say you add rising strike to ur frozen shot freezing ur enemy ...but it dosnt unfreeze like normal it has to be hit 3 times

now expert skills this is interesting u can add skills together like the first part of dus daggas the second part of majjara and the 3rd part of dus robbado? sound like fun dosnt it

fortegunner ? how does a shot gun hit sound that has a blow away like a gernade?

an fortetecher megid that hits 3 times like nosdiga ?
master classes have access to the same effets

now for my favorite concept PVP
pvp can only be used when out side of town an not when ur in a mission
battles will be declared and start after a 1 2 3 count suv option will be added an only if both players agree to it

rangers will have there range cut by half
techers will have longer casting time
and hunters will have decreased power
fair? i think so

so we all know we need air boards an the ablity to customize

so we have a race track on each planet with up to 5 diffrent track designs...and u can compeate against ur friends
winner gets money and earn race points the person that has the highest ammount of race points at the end of the month will get 1 super rare item

now item drop rates lol 1 thing that annoyed me on psu is that the items u want never drop an if they did the % would be nasty

well when a rare item drops u play play rock paper sissciors an who ever wins gets the item

now for the %s if u get a wepon with a low % there will be an item to take care of that idk what it will be yet

now synthing system

it will be about the same accept the synth rate will count for alot more then it does now

an% will also be affected by how advanced ur charicter is and what kinda things are in your room lol an what items are in ur inventory like if u have mostly ice wepons an u synth an ice line shield it will fall between the second highest an highest % wepon u have about 35% of the time

now when ur out n the field ur scape dolls will restore u but only to half health how ever if ur in a mission it will heal to u full health

also in the field enemys will only give about half exp but there will be ALOT of them and in the field u can ride those little emu things on motoab an the bike things on neudaiz an parum u get hover boards

now an aspect i just thought of

after u cap all ur classes an ur lvl is capped u are free to chose an customize ur own class...but only 1 per charicter on account to keep it fair..ud get skill points ud need to distribute between stats and everything u even get to name it...an yea lol

enemys will now be harder have 5 times the life to promote team work also deal 3x damage
but this is only for charicters who are lvl 50 and above
the games lvl cap is set at 200 an may go higher if i think its a good idea?

the max number of players in a party will now be 6 just keep in mind tanking healing and other things

i think thats about it lol tell me what ya think

also i ddnt know were to put this so i threw it on here lol

Delete
Aug 16, 2009, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a different kind of game altogether :wacko:

Some of those ideals are kinda weird, lol....like the rock paper scissors.
But I can see you put a lot of thought into this so I will simply say it sounds interesting ^^

fayt6
Aug 17, 2009, 03:25 AM
thanks idk i was thinkin of what was wrong with psu an if they made a game that was a little diffrent while incorperating some aspects of psu that everyone still likes who could lose

Squirrel3D
Aug 17, 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm not a PvP person, never been a PvP person, so I'm not all that behind that part of the idea.

Delete
Aug 17, 2009, 01:52 PM
thanks idk i was thinkin of what was wrong with psu an if they made a game that was a little diffrent while incorperating some aspects of psu that everyone still likes who could lose

Yeah, They do need to make another Phantasy Star, PSU is getting old mainly because every update doesn't really offer much anymore. I'm not bad-mouthing PSU, don't get me wrong because I still play it, but I'm just saying "what do we have to look foward to?"

Well there's Maxium attack G+, OMG I can't wait to do this again even though it's the most boring event we had. Besides the missions, there are like no more good weapons coming out,(not many anyway) No new bosses, no new enemies, SUV's, Nothing.

What's there to get excited about? Missions that will come out someday that drop agito repcas since True Darkness doesn't like doing it, A couple weapons, and.............let me know if I missed something.

PSU is a good game in it's own right,but I know Sega could make a better game if they put effort into it.

PS: Don't even get me started about the Bosses all being the same either, :lol:

Ruru
Aug 17, 2009, 01:59 PM
some of the ideas sound nice like free roam and stuff. i dont like how you would do the master classes though and the synth system would still suck.

i dont want to make my room a certain way and wear certain items just to synth something better. not to mention the synth system is flawed to all hell and will always be. having to find a board and mats just to synth something that could fail or come out at a low % (which is potentially the same thing as failing) is just not my idea of a good synth system.

i really like the traveling around ideas like airboards and stuff. and SOME of the class ideas, especially create a class. but as i said before i dont like the idea of master classes needing you to do EVERY mission and level every skill to cap. for one if the game is done correctly you'd never be able to do EVERY mission, since they would always be updating. two... leveling up every skill in the game? um just wow. i've been playing this for years now and i dont even have all my techs or skills or bullets at cap. there'd just be no way.

also the rock paper scissors idea is kinda lame. if you're in a group and something drops it should just go into a treasure pool thing, and there should be an option to lot on the item like how we have the dice or something, highest or lowest bid (whatever it would be set to) wins the item. and you can opt out so you dont have to bid if you want someone to get the item. but this should only be with items that are super rare or cant be traded once obtained, and not common things. since i would hate to have to go through the process of bidding on items like kerselines every time one dropped...

as said before though its a nice start to a game. but there are a few minor issues i see with it. good job though.

ashley50
Aug 17, 2009, 02:27 PM
No TO PVP!

also it might be better to post this on the official site instead...

Ruru
Aug 17, 2009, 02:39 PM
well PvP would be more like fan service than actual gameplay.

kinda like ballista in FFXI. you dont HAVE to participate if you dont want to.

i honestly see no need for it but i'm sure alot of people would want to go around killing their buddies if they could >.> or that random guy that humps you if you afk for too long........

Aries2384
Aug 17, 2009, 03:11 PM
No TO PVP!

What, you think Sega actually listens to us? Or if they do, that they actually give a damn about what we want? I dont think so. Sega will do whatever it wants and damned be the consequences.

Personally, PVP should never be allowed in this game. This game is broken in that sense. Even if you took half of the range off of gunners.. it'd still be like this: Melee or Techer class starts the fight with gunner. Gunner walks up or runs around while melee or techer is trying to do their thing. Gunner hits other person with lvl 31+ rifle shot, knocks opponent down.. spams that till theyre dead.

And to make an additional point, if you did this, it'd make those already retardedly high priced neutral armors skyrocket in value ( as if they weren't stupidly valued as it is). PVP wouldn't necessarily be "may the best man win" it'd be "may the richest moron win". There would be little skill involved. So, NO to pvp. If you've ever played PSO, you know that it won't work.

Personally, I'd like to see the reinstatment of the soccer lounge from PSO.

Added thought: I'd like to see random weather generation and time cycles. It would make things feel different everytime I logged on. Not so cookie cut.

But anyway, the master designers over in Japan have complete control over this game, if any of you think you'll have any say on how PSU is evolved or how the next Phantasy Star game is conducted, slap yourself now.

fayt6
Aug 17, 2009, 04:46 PM
good points on the pvp an other things but who knows if i submit it to sega of japan it may get taken seriously if its well constructed and yea lol

Chuck_Norris
Aug 17, 2009, 05:43 PM
good points on the pvp an other things but who knows if i submit it to sega of japan it may get taken seriously if its well constructed and written in japanese as a death threat towards their President.

fixed.

MadDogg
Aug 18, 2009, 05:05 PM
The open world thing sounds hot on paper, just like the planet and lobby set up we have now, but in the long run of things, people will still stick to the best pay-out mission in the game, ex. white beast, so this would be pointless.

I still think the old school pso style level set up was the best. You had the parties that just ran towards the future all day, but at least the join game set up was simple enough to spot out some ultimate ep2 and 4 games on the game list.

This game, its like "damn where the hell is the community at" when you wander to different lobbies looking for games, then its like "at ol' dumb ass white beast". A open world set up would be even worse, pointlessly wandering around to your destination, only to find no one there except at the best exp/money spot.

fayt6
Aug 18, 2009, 05:13 PM
The open world thing sounds hot on paper, just like the planet and lobby set up we have now, but in the long run of things, people will still stick to the best pay-out mission in the game, ex. white beast, so this would be pointless.

I still think the old school pso style level set up was the best. You had the parties that just ran towards the future all day, but at least the join game set up was simple enough to spot out some ultimate ep2 and 4 games on the game list.

This game, its like "damn where the hell is the community at" when you wander to different lobbies looking for games, then its like "at ol' dumb ass white beast". A open world set up would be even worse, pointlessly wandering around to your destination, only to find no one there except at the best exp/money spot.

ok then all mission outpay would be based on the work reword principal ? how does that sound lol

Aries2384
Aug 19, 2009, 05:31 PM
ok then all mission outpay would be based on the work reword principal ? how does that sound lol

Make it so that the more a mission is run, the more % of experience, mission points and meseta go down. Dont change the drops, so that the people who are actually hunting for something can get it. Just bash down the exp and meseta so it forces people to go to different missions. That'd be nice.

Its probably just too much work for the brass heads at SEGA.

What I'm demi angry about is that...the ideas that we've been spouting around now... IE.. the dodge roll, charge shots etc etc.. are being added to the new Phantasy Star Portable 2 game.. Wtf? We give you these ideas and yall add em to a new game? Wheres the bloody PSU love?

Asshats. This game is sinking.. and not even sinking slowly. Its just sinking.

GlowSticks
Aug 19, 2009, 05:43 PM
No TO PVP!

I'm against PVP.. but I think there should be some..

Just to make the game a little more bigger/optional

I like my tppk on diablo 2 :]

The idea you have there is alright, due to the fact you really expanded your mind O.O