PDA

View Full Version : Item illuminus tag

Blue man
Aug 19, 2009, 12:56 AM
ive been looking for an illuminus tag and i flipped when something that looked like dropped and then bam kerseline

rrrrrrr

i want to know who has had that kinda luck and if you have what was it that happened

beatrixkiddo
Aug 19, 2009, 01:07 AM
99.8% of people who got a drop that looked like the Tag, actually got a Kerseline/Vestaline/Vulcaline. True story!

Blue man
Aug 19, 2009, 01:12 AM
i got 2 tags in 8 hrs yesterday not 1 kerseline or that today in 8hrs i got no tag and abunch o crap

Dragwind
Aug 19, 2009, 01:22 AM
Sega loved the method of Photon Drop torture in PSO so much that they brought it over to PSU in the form of cheap material/board drops.

Blue man
Aug 19, 2009, 01:25 AM
that is ssooooo mean

Dragwind
Aug 19, 2009, 01:30 AM
I've had the same situation happen to me many times, it was the primary reason I took the time to tell apart all red items in PSU from a distance.

Yes, I've had that experience Tag hunting.

Blue man
Aug 19, 2009, 01:32 AM
lol tags look the same though how is that possible?

r u a ninja with xray specs?

NDW
Aug 19, 2009, 03:51 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4512/95runsfilter.jpg

:roll:

Volcompat321
Aug 19, 2009, 03:54 AM
I wont play the story missions. They are horribly boring, and I can make more meseta off other things.
I don't even know what a Illuminus Tag is used for. :o

NDW
Aug 19, 2009, 04:12 AM
I wont play the story missions. They are horribly boring, and I can make more meseta off other things.
I don't even know what a Illuminus Tag is used for. :o

I enjoy the online story mode missions. The Illuminus Tag is one of the items used to trade in for an Illuminus Coat.

Volcompat321
Aug 19, 2009, 04:15 AM
I don't see how it's enjoyable, but I've only played maybe 2 story missions before I concluded they were horrible.
Maybe I just played some boring ones lol.
I have no use for an Illuminus Tag anyway. The only thing I'd want(not really need, yet) is the Vijeri Resist.
If worst comes to worst, I can just buy one though. I'd rather not hunt down something that could take 100's of runs to get.
I don't mind hunting down anything else though, but hundreds of runs....not thanks :D

Chuck_Norris
Aug 19, 2009, 04:49 AM
Sega loved the method of Photon Drop torture in PSO so much that they brought it over to PSU in the form of cheap material/board drops.

At least Photon Drops were kind of useful. :disapprove:

Tetsaru
Aug 19, 2009, 07:08 AM
I know this feeling all too well. However, at the same time, I feel that items need to maintain their rarity instead of being whored out to everyone during events and what not.

FF11 uses a system for items: Rare and Ex (exclusive). If an item is classified as Rare, you can only have one of them in your inventory. If it's Ex, it can't be sold or traded to other players. Often times, items are BOTH, so you have to actually EARN these things and hold onto them rather than just playing the market all the time - a major problem in PSU - and you have a much better sense of accomplishment too. I know in Japan, they're using a similar system for the Edil and Guardians Cash weapons, so hopefully we'll see a better balancing of item distribution soon.

Snitch
Aug 19, 2009, 07:51 AM
Too many things in FFxi was turned into Rare\Ex , cause RMT where camping , and controlling the market with em when they where only Rare.

And many of those things i don't have the time to Earn.. gah..

But starting to collect things in psu now. Havent been on a hunting sprea yet. But I can c it coming :)

JesMaz
Aug 19, 2009, 08:03 AM
What does the Illuminus Tag do?

Volcompat321
Aug 19, 2009, 08:09 AM
What does the Illuminus Tag do?
This.

The Illuminus Tag is one of the items used to trade in for an Illuminus Coat.

Ruru
Aug 19, 2009, 01:21 PM
I know this feeling all too well. However, at the same time, I feel that items need to maintain their rarity instead of being whored out to everyone during events and what not.

FF11 uses a system for items: Rare and Ex (exclusive). If an item is classified as Rare, you can only have one of them in your inventory. If it's Ex, it can't be sold or traded to other players. Often times, items are BOTH, so you have to actually EARN these things and hold onto them rather than just playing the market all the time - a major problem in PSU - and you have a much better sense of accomplishment too. I know in Japan, they're using a similar system for the Edil and Guardians Cash weapons, so hopefully we'll see a better balancing of item distribution soon.

while i agree with you on most of this.

items like illuminus tag and igg crown (both are used in trade ins for CLOTHING) shouldnt be as rare as they are. i dont think anything should justify clothing that costs close to a stack if you dont have the time to hunt for them. it took me 34 rappy iggs for my crown to drop and that was over a week straight of hunting. while in terms of FFXI that is highly insignificant seeing as how it took me 3 years to get my yinyang robe. but in terms of this game, spamming the same mission for no less than 5 hours a day for a little over a week straight is just crazy and does very bad things to the mind lol.

i can understand certain things being super rare, but when its just items to trade in for clothes i think it goes a little overboard.

biggabertha
Aug 19, 2009, 06:39 PM
spamming the same mission for no less than 5 hours a day for a little over a week straight is just crazy and does very bad things to the mind lol.

*Huddles arms in corner of room*

"... pink... chicken... does... not... exist..."

"... does... not... exist..."

dentRED
Aug 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
i got my tag on my very first run the tag was released... haha.

but yeah, i really wasnt looking for that. as usual, i was searching for the resist.

NDW
Aug 20, 2009, 02:29 AM
i got my tag on my very first run the tag was released... haha.

but yeah, i really wasnt looking for that. as usual, i was searching for the resist.

I met someone who found a Vijeri / Resist on his very first run after the Howzer bug was fixed. I'm not sure if I still have this person's card. I hope I do. What a lucky guy...

JimmyMagic
Aug 20, 2009, 03:27 PM
I've done 100 runs, 60 in the past week and its really starting to get on my nerves!

The only plus point is the 3 illuminus Tags.

neilp4453
Aug 22, 2009, 01:33 PM
Call it luck....I feel as if I deserved it.

After thrashing 40+ jigos to death with no milla...I was fed up with the protectors y.

Decided to do something else...first run was a vijeri/resist.

I've done a few runs before that....but only about 6-8 runs.

I've done a few more in the past week and got a tag.

I don't think I will be doing this run anymore. It is a depressing run and it makes me not want to get on PSU anymore.

Kazuma_PSU
Aug 25, 2009, 05:35 AM
What grade can you find the tag? I have been doin B runs. Also how fast must you beat this for the S? I was using tornado dance like crazy and still got A.

NDW
Aug 25, 2009, 07:10 AM
What grade can you find the tag? I have been doin B runs. Also how fast must you beat this for the S? I was using tornado dance like crazy and still got A.

You can find the Illuminus Tag on C, B, and A rank since its a special drop.

C - Within 06:00
B - Within 06:00
A - Within 05:30

If you didn't know, you can skip most enemies.

Kazuma_PSU
Aug 25, 2009, 02:18 PM
You can find the Illuminus Tag on C, B, and A rank since its a special drop.

C - Within 06:00
B - Within 06:00
A - Within 05:30

If you didn't know, you can skip most enemies.
I didn't thanks. Hope I find it soon. I want that coat :D

gamewarp
Aug 25, 2009, 05:47 PM
Illuminus Tag (http://psupedia.info/Illuminus_Tag) will come in the new coop mission Security Breach (http://psupedia.info/Security_Breach)

Gypsy72
Aug 26, 2009, 11:08 PM
On psupedia they say it's going to drop in special boxes in the new mission that's coming out thursday on parum. Looked to see what psoworlds item database said and still only howzers dropping it. Anyone know what is what? If it's going to be dropping this thursday? Would be great to know. Good time to sell the tags or coats if it is. a.s.a.p!

Gypsy72
Aug 26, 2009, 11:24 PM
hope thats true. selling coat right now. If psupedia's correct then tags will be much cheaper in the coming weeks.

NDW
Aug 27, 2009, 12:18 AM
hope thats true. selling coat right now. If psupedia's correct then tags will be much cheaper in the coming weeks.

Illuminus Tag probably won't drop from the special box that often, so prices wouldn't go that cheap. I could imagine it going down in price by 5M at maximum. I could be wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

Proff
Aug 27, 2009, 05:23 AM
The story missions bore me to tears. Boring text that states, restates, re-restates what's going on. Over and over and over. All of the constant and stupid robotic animations filled with stupid explosive bubbles. It just drags for so long... 8 minutes of pressing the next button as quickly as I can, and then finally. A 2 minute trial. No drop, abandon mission and start over.

Gypsy72
Aug 27, 2009, 05:23 PM
Illuminus Tag probably won't drop from the special box that often, so prices wouldn't go that cheap. I could imagine it going down in price by 5M at maximum. I could be wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

5m is fine with me. Seems like a better mission to farm for it. S bases are a great plus too. Howzer mission drove my crazy with all the cut scenes. and i never found one.

Sold my coat today for 18m (bought for 24m). Hope the prices keep dropping. Really like the aqua/white and purple/green coat. wouldn't mind making them both for cheap. Good luck with the new misions everyone.

KaF
Aug 28, 2009, 02:56 AM
8 minutes of pressing the next button as quickly as I can, and then finally.

This kind of thing got so much on my nerves that i wrote a script that autofires enter. Turn it on, go afk 5 minutes (toilet, shave, wash etc.), come back and let's go.

DEM_CIG
Aug 29, 2009, 10:32 AM
I miss the good old days when Scape doll [B]'s use to drop ^_^.